Huntress to star in The CW's "Arrow"

#1 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Starring in a multi-episode arc, Australian actress Jessica De Gouw will play Helena, a vigilante (and a potential love interest for Oliver Queen) whose determination to destroy her father's criminal empire puts her on a collision course with Arrow.

The version on "Arrow" is based on Helena Bertinelli, who was introduced in 1989 and served as a longtime member of Birds of Prey.

Huntress will star along Dinah Lance in the show, AKA comics Black Canary, who, before the reboot, were team-mates and best friends in the Birds of Prey. Huntress' inclusion in the show could one day lead to the formation of the team, or at least some nods towards it.

What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12669 posts) - - Show Bio

This show is going to be good.

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92674 posts) - - Show Bio

;LASKJDF;LKAJSDF;LKAJSDFL;KJASD;KLFJADSLKFJAS;DLFKJ;ASLDKJF;ASLDKFJA;SLKDJF;LASKDJF

Moderator
#4 Posted by BatWatch (2579 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything I have seen for this show leads to high hopes...except "Starling City." Is that really better than Star City? I don't think so. That's like saying Batman protects Gothamsburg.

#5 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea just seen this, looks good hopefully it will have an uplifting affect on Green Arrows N52 book

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (12669 posts) - - Show Bio
@PsychoKnights said:

Everything I have seen for this show leads to high hopes...except "Starling City." Is that really better than Star City? I don't think so. That's like saying Batman protects Gothamsburg.

LOL..... 
 
 
Regarding the city name...it does sound a bit more realistic, I mean Star City sounds extremely made up. Its like those old super hero B movies where the heroes protect "insert cool word here City"
#7 Posted by BatWatch (2579 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Everything I have seen for this show leads to high hopes...except "Starling City." Is that really better than Star City? I don't think so. That's like saying Batman protects Gothamsburg.

LOL..... Regarding the city name...it does sound a bit more realistic, I mean Star City sounds extremely made up. Its like those old super hero B movies where the heroes protect "insert cool word here City"

(chuckles) I've heard others say that, but I don't buy it. We have stupid names for cities. Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, New York...all those names are stupid, you just don't think about it because you are used to them. If I suggested the names Muddy River City, or Los Diablos, or New Manchester, people would probably say those names are stupid and unrealistic.

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12669 posts) - - Show Bio
@PsychoKnights said:

@cattlebattle said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Everything I have seen for this show leads to high hopes...except "Starling City." Is that really better than Star City? I don't think so. That's like saying Batman protects Gothamsburg.

LOL..... Regarding the city name...it does sound a bit more realistic, I mean Star City sounds extremely made up. Its like those old super hero B movies where the heroes protect "insert cool word here City"

(chuckles) I've heard others say that, but I don't buy it. We have stupid names for cities. Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, New York...all those names are stupid, you just don't think about it because you are used to them. If I suggested the names Muddy River City, or Los Diablos, or New Manchester, people would probably say those names are stupid and unrealistic.

There is a New Manchester in West Virginia
#9 Posted by BatWatch (2579 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@cattlebattle said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Everything I have seen for this show leads to high hopes...except "Starling City." Is that really better than Star City? I don't think so. That's like saying Batman protects Gothamsburg.

LOL..... Regarding the city name...it does sound a bit more realistic, I mean Star City sounds extremely made up. Its like those old super hero B movies where the heroes protect "insert cool word here City"

(chuckles) I've heard others say that, but I don't buy it. We have stupid names for cities. Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, New York...all those names are stupid, you just don't think about it because you are used to them. If I suggested the names Muddy River City, or Los Diablos, or New Manchester, people would probably say those names are stupid and unrealistic.

There is a New Manchester in West Virginia

New London then.

#10 Posted by jwalser3 (4842 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights said:

Everything I have seen for this show leads to high hopes...except "Starling City." Is that really better than Star City? I don't think so. That's like saying Batman protects Gothamsburg.

Hahahaha

But I think this show will do good. Hopefully bring more DC hero shows/movies.

#11 Posted by BatWatch (2579 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Everything I have seen for this show leads to high hopes...except "Starling City." Is that really better than Star City? I don't think so. That's like saying Batman protects Gothamsburg.

Hahahaha

But I think this show will do good. Hopefully bring more DC hero shows/movies.

Me too. The action I've seen in the trailer looks more exciting to me than the action in Dark Knight Rises.

How about Superman protecting Metropolisville? Green Lantern and Coastal City?

#12 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights said:

@cattlebattle said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@cattlebattle said:

@PsychoKnights said:

Everything I have seen for this show leads to high hopes...except "Starling City." Is that really better than Star City? I don't think so. That's like saying Batman protects Gothamsburg.

LOL..... Regarding the city name...it does sound a bit more realistic, I mean Star City sounds extremely made up. Its like those old super hero B movies where the heroes protect "insert cool word here City"

(chuckles) I've heard others say that, but I don't buy it. We have stupid names for cities. Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, New York...all those names are stupid, you just don't think about it because you are used to them. If I suggested the names Muddy River City, or Los Diablos, or New Manchester, people would probably say those names are stupid and unrealistic.

There is a New Manchester in West Virginia

New London then.

LMAO thats a suburb of Trenton! (OK, I made that up but it could be.) I mean, adding "New" just makes me think the city, fictional or not, is a colonial settlement; York, Amsterdam, Brunswick, Jersey, Delhi, Wales, Orleans, Providece, etc. And a few cities are named after American cities: New Chicago, New Providence, and so on. But Starling City sounds as fabricated as Star city. Starlings aren't even pretty birds....they're like the inbred cousins of sparrow....

#13 Posted by jwalser3 (4842 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights:Good ones as well. But I'd still love to see a Flash live action show or movie. But this is the start. This could be DC's movie boom.

#14 Posted by BatWatch (2579 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise:

Exactly. Starling City sounds much worse to me than Star City.

@jwalser3:

It would be nice if DC could get their live action s*** together. I'm with you in thinking that a Flash movie could be great.

#15 Posted by timelord786 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

The show is really starting to build up now. Awesome!

#16 Edited by daredevil21134 (11350 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully we can get her back in the comics and get rid of Batman's bastard daughter

Online
#17 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

So not "starring" but a part of a major arc?

#18 Posted by cattlebattle (12669 posts) - - Show Bio
@KnightRise said:


LMAO thats a suburb of Trenton! (OK, I made that up but it could be.)

LOL...I am from Trenton...and no, I don't think there is a new london
#19 Posted by SuperDoahBoy (134 posts) - - Show Bio

So I guess I'm the only one who is a little uneasy about this. I've been out of the loop for awhile but anyone care to tell me what's the connection between Huntress and Green Arrow other than "potential love interest", cause if that's it then I could care less about her being in the show. It was kinda cool seeing other heroes in the show Smallville, but more than a few people will tell you that it kinda got out of hand.

#20 Posted by daredevil21134 (11350 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring her back in the comics

Online
#21 Posted by HexThis (887 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

Well, not really, but now I actually will see the show. It might still be crappy but it's awesome to me that Helena Bertinelli is out there again in some capacity. Don't have much faith in the CW but I have all the faith in the world in Helena Bertinelli.

#22 Posted by daredevil21134 (11350 posts) - - Show Bio

@HexThis said:

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

Well, not really, but now I actually will see the show. It might still be crappy but it's awesome to me that Helena Bertinelli is out there again in some capacity. Don't have much faith in the CW but I have all the faith in the world in Helena Bertinelli.

Hell Yeah

Online
#23 Posted by TheCannon (18271 posts) - - Show Bio

I may have to watch this now.

#24 Posted by HexThis (887 posts) - - Show Bio

Jessica De Gouw does her first interview about the Huntress....no video though!

http://www.ksitetv.com/green-arrow/arrow-set-visit-jessica-de-gouw-previews-the-huntress/16440

#25 Posted by 672253 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping Helena and Dinah have a friendship like they do in the old Birds of Prey comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.