Huntress on Film

• 95 results
#1 Posted by PhantBat (5 posts) - - Show Bio

How do you see Huntress being depicted in a future film.

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't

#3 Posted by Kurrent (14067 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Mila Kunis could pull it off

#4 Posted by PhantBat (5 posts) - - Show Bio

You think they would put her in a batfilm eventually or do prefer a solo film?

#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the only way we'll see huntress in a movie is if they do a movie of the birds of prey, so highly unlikely

#6 Posted by Psysis (2396 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"I think that the only way we'll see huntress in a movie is if they do a movie of the birds of prey, so highly unlikely"

yeah
#7 Posted by GreyGoose (5044 posts) - - Show Bio
PhantBat said:
"You think they would put her in a batfilm eventually or do prefer a solo film?"
the day pigs fly....lol
#8 Posted by The Wondering Spider (1575 posts) - - Show Bio
GreyGoose said:
"PhantBat said:
"You think they would put her in a batfilm eventually or do prefer a solo film?"
the day pigs fly....lol"
I saw that in the simpsons lol
#9 Posted by GreyGoose (5044 posts) - - Show Bio
The Wondering Spider said:
"GreyGoose said:
"PhantBat said:
the day pigs fly....lol"
I saw that in the simpsons lol"

LOL....spider pig...spider pig
#10 Posted by NightFang (9962 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they would put her in a solo film then a Batman and Birds Of Prey film.

#11 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"I don't"
#12 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio
NightFang said:
"I think they would put her in a solo film then a Batman and Birds Of Prey film."
She was already in the short lived Birds of Prey TV show on the WB.
#13 Posted by NightFang (9962 posts) - - Show Bio
Paragon said:
"NightFang said:
"I think they would put her in a solo film then a Batman and Birds Of Prey film."
She was already in the short lived Birds of Prey TV show on the WB."
             Yeah but it sucked.
#14 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio

It was fairly terrible. If they had used the Dinah Lance version of the Black Canary, and a more interesting version of the Huntress, it could have rocked. Oracle was awesome, everyone else pretty much failed.

I can see Huntress being a minor subplot in a film. A fellow Gotham city civilian has decided to join the fight, but unlike the rest of the civilians, she's competent and murderous. The mask would have to change, and I don't think you'd need to see her origin, but I'm not sure who can play her.

#15 Posted by Shonen (692 posts) - - Show Bio

What about her as huntress

caption
#16 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Shonen said:
"What about her as huntress

caption
"

Perfect match.
#17 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd agree... if Miss Fox had some acting ability.

#18 Posted by King Saturn (223972 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"I'd agree... if Miss Fox had some acting ability."
LOL
#19 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, Miss Fox doesn't look remotely Italian. She's not that muscular, either.

#20 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawkingbird said:
"Eh, Miss Fox doesn't look remotely Italian. She's not that muscular, either."

She could pass off as an Italian if she's casted as Huntress (who doesn't look much like an Italian, anyway). Not being muscular isn't a problem, since Huntress isn't muscular, either. Nonetheless, Megan can workout for the part, like all actors/actresses do if casted as superheroes.
#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

People suggest Megan Fox for every part.I'm sick of Megan Fox.....

#22 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

she can't act

#23 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"People suggest Megan Fox for every part.I'm sick of Megan Fox....."

The only BS part she was suggested for was Wonder Woman. I'd rather see Angelina Jolie as Wonder Woman than anything else.
#24 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"she can't act"
Wouldn't matter. A Huntress movie wouldn't be a great movie anyway.
#25 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"I'd agree... if Miss Fox had some acting ability."

AGREED.
#26 Posted by NightFang (9962 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"pixelized said:
"she can't act"
Wouldn't matter. A Huntress movie wouldn't be a great movie anyway."
             With the right actresses and story which would have to be an origin story, it could be a great movie.
#27 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
NightFang said:
"With the right actresses and story which would have to be an origin story, it could be a great movie."
I doubt it. She's not popular among those that don't read comics.
#28 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"I think that the only way we'll see huntress in a movie is if they do a movie of the birds of prey, so highly unlikely"
The fact is DC should do one on her, as a matter of fact the whole BOP to make up for that terrible TV show. But huntress could make a great movie but it probably won't ever happen.
#29 Posted by NightFang (9962 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"Nighthunter said:
The fact is DC should do one on her, as a matter of fact the whole BOP to make up for that terrible TV show. But huntress could make a great movie but it probably won't ever happen."
             Not unless they put her in the next Batman movie then do a sign off.
#30 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"pixelized said:
"she can't act"
Yeah! Like how a movie about a guy who dresses up as a rodent and jumps across roofs would suck too!
#31 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawkingbird said:
"Yeah! Like how a movie about a guy who dresses up as a rodent and jumps across roofs would suck too!"
That's odd. Because a movie about a guy dressed up as a rodent wouldn't get nominated for Golden Globes or be labeled as the best superhero movie ever made if it sucked... I like the sarcasm, though.
#32 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe he was saying that a huntress movie could be good.

#33 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"I believe he was saying that a huntress movie could be good."
I know. And, that's cool. I was just letting him know that it wouldn't be good, and that just because the Dark Knight was good doesn't mean a Huntress movie could work. LOL.
#34 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, but you're saying a movie about her would suck without giving any reasons why.

#35 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawkingbird said:
"Yes, but you're saying a movie about her would suck without giving any reasons why."
Maybe if you had asked for one, I'd give you one. I feel like a Huntress movie wouldn't make the cut because of her fanbase. And, whoever is directing would have to go to great lengths to make it interesting for those who read comics and don't read comics (target audience is the latter). Also, Huntress isn't a household name, and a lot of people that don't read comics aren't familiar with her. It's different with heroes like Batman, Superman, and others. Everyone, including non-comic book readers, would go see a Batman or a Spider-Man movie. It's not the same with someone like Huntress.
#36 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawkingbird said:
"Static Shock said:
"pixelized said:
"she can't act"
Yeah! Like how a movie about a guy who dresses up as a rodent and jumps across roofs would suck too!"

That would be The Long Halloween's Catwoman.
#37 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Hawkingbird said:
"Yes, but you're saying a movie about her would suck without giving any reasons why."
Maybe if you had asked for one, I'd give you one. I feel like a Huntress movie wouldn't make the cut because of her fanbase. And, whoever is directing would have to go to great lengths to make it interesting for those who read comics and don't read comics (target audience is the latter). Also, Huntress isn't a household name, and a lot of people that don't read comics aren't familiar with her. It's different with heroes like Batman, Superman, and others. Everyone, including non-comic book readers, would go see a Batman or a Spider-Man movie. It's not the same with someone like Huntress."
I'm kind of familiar with her and I've never read any of her comics. You can thank Justice League Unlimited for that.
#38 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never read a single birds of prey comic or anything with huntress in it for that matter, i would still go see it!

I'm with gunswordfist, you can thank JLU for that. 
#39 Posted by NightFang (9962 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock said:

"Hawkingbird said:
Maybe if you had asked for one, I'd give you one. I feel like a Huntress movie wouldn't make the cut because of her fanbase. And, whoever is directing would have to go to great lengths to make it interesting for those who read comics and don't read comics (target audience is the latter). Also, Huntress isn't a household name, and a lot of people that don't read comics aren't familiar with her. It's different with heroes like Batman, Superman, and others. Everyone, including non-comic book readers, would go see a Batman or a Spider-Man movie. It's not the same with someone like Huntress."

It doesn't matter if she not a household name and that she doesn't have a big fanbase if the movie is good and done right then people will go see it.

#40 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Strafe Prower said:
"I have never read a single birds of prey comic or anything with huntress in it for that matter, i would still go see it!
"

You're welcome. I loved Huntress in JLU.
#41 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
NightFang said:
"

Static Shock said:

"Hawkingbird said:

It doesn't matter if she not a household name and that she doesn't have a big fanbase if the movie is good and done right then people will go see it.

"
He's right!
#42 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
gunswordfist said:
"Strafe Prower said:
"I have never read a single birds of prey comic or anything with huntress in it for that matter, i would still go see it!
"

You're welcome. I loved Huntress in JLU."
I love the Huntress/Black Canary rivalry!!! It really is awesome!!!
The only thing i didn't like about that show is they chose to do all the main stream people.
#43 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
NightFang said:
"It doesn't matter if she not a household name and that she doesn't have a big fanbase if the movie is good and done right then people will go see it."
Yes, it does. Why do you think a lot people didn't go see Daredevil, or Elektra? Why do you think those movies sucked? They weren't done right, and they aren't as popular as other mainstream superheroes, which is why a lot of people didn't go see them. It wouldn't make sense for a lot of people to go see a movie about a superhero they have never heard of. People may go see it, but it ain't gonna be a box office hit. Just because it's done right (in which I doubt) doesn't make it OK. More people would go see a Superman movie before a Huntress movie. That's all I'm saying.

Strafe Prower said:
"The only thing i didn't like about that show is they chose to do all the main stream people."
They did it for a reason. Think about it. Fans of the DC universe and those that don't read comics are more likely to be interested in the mainstream superheroes. Why do you think they let Superman defeat (and literally dominate) Captain Marvel, despite that it was the other way around in comics?

#44 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

If they do it they should base it in Huntress:Cry for blood, they could also base themselves on year one

both were good

#45 Posted by NightFang (9962 posts) - - Show Bio

In fact they should put the Huntress & Oracle in a Batman movie then put Black Canary in a Green Arrow movie then make a Birds of Pery movie.

#46 Posted by King Saturn (223972 posts) - - Show Bio
They should get Paz Vega to play Huntress...

lol jk
#47 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"NightFang said:
"It doesn't matter if she not a household name and that she doesn't have a big fanbase if the movie is good and done right then people will go see it."
Yes, it does. It wouldn't make sense for a lot of people to go see a movie about a superhero they have never heard of. People may go see it, but it ain't gonna be a box office hit. Just because it's done right (in which I doubt) doesn't make it OK. More people would go see a Superman movie before a Huntress movie. That's all I'm saying.
Strafe Prower said:
"The only thing i didn't like about that show is they chose to do all the main stream people."
They did it for a reason. Think about it. Fans of the DC universe and those that don't read comics are more likely to be interested in the mainstream superheroes. Why do you think they let Superman defeat (and literally dominate) Captain Marvel, despite that it was the other way around in comics?

"
1. I disagree, i know people who went and saw the Spirit movie even though they had never heard of him. It's all about appeal. If you can make it appeal to the Public then it will sell.
2.They could have used a couple of people that could boost there popularity. I understand if they wants to put the original 7. That makes since, but did they have to put Zatanna, Redtornado, Green Arrow, Aquaman, and the rest of the main stream people? They could have put Black Lightning, Geo-Force, Firestorm and some of the people that need to be shown to the public a little more.
#48 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

if Robin is barely on consideration to appear why would they even think of putting Oracle or Huntress?

#49 Posted by NightFang (9962 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"if Robin is barely on consideration to appear why would they even think of putting Oracle or Huntress?"
             Who say's they won't appear in the movie's?
#50 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"if Robin is barely on consideration to appear why would they even think of putting Oracle or Huntress?"
That's exactly my point! LOL.

Strafe Prower
said:
"1. I disagree, i know people who went and saw the Spirit movie even though they had never heard of him. It's all about appeal. If you can make it appeal to the Public then it will sell.
2.They could have used a couple of people that could boost there popularity. I understand if they wants to put the original 7. That makes since, but did they have to put Zatanna, Redtornado, Green Arrow, Aquaman, and the rest of the main stream people? They could have put Black Lightning, Geo-Force, Firestorm and some of the people that need to be shown to the public a little more.
"
1) Spirit didn't do good. And, that's based on quality and the Box Office (especially on the weekends). It's numbers sucked. You may have known people to go see it, but not a lot. LOL.

2) True. They could have. Black Lightning was never allowed to be on a T.V. show, due to copyrights. He was supposed to be on Challenge of the Superfriends, but was replaced by Black Vulcan. He was supposed to be on Static Shock, but was replaced by Soul Power. I don't even know about JLU. Tony Isabella wants to keep his character out of the continuity of cartoons.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.