Follow

Huntress (Bertinelli)

Character » Huntress (Bertinelli) appears in 1166 issues.

Helena Bertinelli, born into one of Gotham's mafia families, became a spy and vigilante, destroying those that had killed her family. As a key member of the Birds of Prey, she has moved toward brutal, but non-lethal methods for fighting crime.

Helena Bertinella returnins in Nightwing #30

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By animehunter
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Here are a few snippits from the interview with Newsarama

For the full interview head here

------------------------------

Dick Grayson will have an old friend from the DCU as he begins his new career as a super-spy — Helena Bertinelli will be his partner in the July-debuting Grayson series.

In Grayson, readers will also meet a new version of Helena Bertinelli, who was the superheroine Huntress in the pre-New 52 universe. King said he and Seeley have "put a pretty different spin on her" as she becomes Dick's partner in Spyral, training him as a spy.

Nrama: Is there a supporting cast around him of other spies? Or maybe a female character or two? I don't know if I'd go so far as to call Dick a player, but the man does usually have a lady in his life. Can you talk about who's going to be around him in Grayson?

Seeley: He does have a lady partner, but she's not the type of woman he's dealt with in the New 52 before. She does have ties to the old DC Universe, but we put a pretty different spin on her.

Nrama: Is there any way you can tell us the name of this female character?

Seeley: Helena Bertinelli.

Nrama: Oh!

Seeley: Oh! Yeah!

Nrama: But it's not Huntress. This is a different, New 52 take on the character.

King: This is the New 52 appearance of the new Helena Bertinelli.

Seeley: Yeah, it's not Helena Wayne, the Huntress. It's Helena Bertinelli.

Nrama: That's kind of cool, because Dick and Helena did have a relationship in the old universe. When you say she's a "partner," she also works for Spyral?

King: Yeah. She's an amazing spy. She's definitely better than Dick; he has to learn from her.

------------------------------

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@animehunter: I am so thrilled to have my girl back!!!! But i'm not thrilled about her running around with Dick Grayson.Hopefully this leads to a eventual return as a Huntress or a crime fighter of some sorts. I will be reading! Welcome back Helena Bertinelli!!!

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thank God!!!! I have been waiting and waiting for her return!! I cant wait to see her design, I'm a Helena Bertinelli fan forever!!!!!

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By wtk1013
    No Caption Provided

DC Comics released part 1 of their New 52 Solicits today! and on the cover of ther new comic,Grayson,we see him and a certain lady with a crossbow most likley being Helena Brtinelli!! Not sure if i like what i see so far, but i'd have to see ore ad better picture of her,im sill really excited though!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would really rather have her being huntress or another hero part of the bat family, not some random spy.

At least she exists now.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

From Bleeding Cool

Your New Helena Bertinelli For The New 52 In Today’s Nightwing #30

Helena Bertinelli was The Huntress. But that was in a different reality. This is how she used to look,

03-pg05HuntressYearOne_01_02

And this is how she looks in Arrow.

Muse of FireA

In Worlds’ Finest #1 of the New 52, The Huntress is revealed that the Huntress is Helena Wayne from Earth 2, that Helena Bertinelli dies ages ago and that Helena Wayne assumed her name.

wf 1_pg1a

But init was revealed that a new Helena Bertinelli will appear as Dick Grayson’s partner in Grayson.

Nrama: But it’s not Huntress. This is a different, New 52 take on the character.

King: This is the New 52 appearance of the new Helena Bertinelli.

Seeley: Yeah, it’s not Helena Wayne, the Huntress. It’s Helena Bertinelli.

And what new take? This new take… from Nightwing #30.

night

Dig the mask… and the seventies vibe. There’s been a lot of that around the place today…

UPDATE:Writer Tim Seeley has just published his own designs for the character, the latter of which was rejected for being too superheroey.

HELENA_v2HELENA_v1

And for even greater spoilers, from the final page of Nightwing #30, another look…

a1z2

That’s a familiar looking cross…

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Kinda glad that that second concept art of Helena was rejected, I mean I see where Tim Seeley was coming from but we don't need to see that.

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like the design at the end of nightwing 30....just a plain black shirt with the white cross and jeans.It looks better than the other 2....ene though i do like the mask.

jdp180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jdp180

Umm. So Helena Bertenelli is now a black woman?

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdp180: No, I posted a link in the "the world is black and white to dc" forum where it confirms she is just a darker skin tonned Siclian. They darkened her skin so they could seperate her from Helena Wayne.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wtk1013 said:

@jdp180: No, I posted a link in the "the world is black and white to dc" forum where it confirms she is just a darker skin tonned Siclian. They darkened her skin so they could seperate her from Helena Wayne.

It's not confirmed. She could very well be black or dark tonned Siclian.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.