Follow

Huntress (Bertinelli)

Character » Huntress (Bertinelli) appears in 1168 issues.

Helena Bertinelli, born into one of Gotham's mafia families, became a spy and vigilante, destroying those that had killed her family. As a key member of the Birds of Prey, she has moved toward brutal, but non-lethal methods for fighting crime.

Cannot wait for the Earth-2 reveal for the Huntress mini

• 131 results
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By danhimself

@BOPFAN#3 said:

@jsphsmth: @daredevil21134: The new birds was kinda heart breaking, like I'm still hoping that at the end of this story arc I'll love it, but it's not leaning that way. And yeah it only makes sense that Helena was originally Bertinelli not Wayne, which makes me wonder how they're going to retcon the passport. The fact she was changed midway kinda makes me scared of World's Finest, because they're just starting planning and yeah idk I'm just ugh......please comic gods don't let them mess this up.

I don't mean for this to come off as rude but it probably will so I apologize in advanced....you're either going to have get over it or just stop reading the character all together....my favorite character was pre-relaunch was Superboy and there's really nothing left of the character that I loved and I'm still not quite over it...just thinking about the relaunch makes me a little mad on the inside....they were even planning on making him the same character and only having him be captured by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. and brainwashed but because of the way Supergirl and Superman had been changed they realized that they couldn't have him be the same character as before so they changed him to what he is now....but anyway....despite all of my misgivings towards DC and the way they threw out all the wonderful things that Geoff Johns did to the character in Teen Titans and Adventure Comics I still find myself liking the current Teen Titans and Superboy titles because of how Lobdell is handling the characters...would I prefer that they were unchanged? OF COURSE I WOULD!! but unfortunately I can't have that so I have to accept and eventually move on

now I've been really enjoying the Huntress mini and I'm pretty excited for Worlds' Finest too and from what I've gathered the only significant change to the character is her name and her parentage...her attitude and personality are still there and Levitz is writing a damn good story...so my advice is if you can...try it out and give it a shot...maybe you'll like it....you can still be upset about your favorite character pretty much not existing anymore...just like me...but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy her current incarnation....and who knows...maybe at some point down the road DC will decide to revert things back to the way they were...heck Heroes Reborn was successful for a while and look where that went

BOPFAN#3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By BOPFAN#3

@danhimself: Didn't come off rude at all lol don't worry about it. I am excited for the World's Finest comic, yes I love Bertinelli but I love Helena Wayne to so I'll survive. I'm just worried about the World's Finest comic because this plot line could easily go wrong, and there are so many people who are pissed about it existing I don't want them to mess it up. I want the comic to be amazing just like the Huntress mini if not a little better, but they just started planning and that makes me nervous, thats all. Sorry to hear about Superboy.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By danhimself

@jsphsmth said:

@danhimself: Not rude, but misinformed. If you had bothered to read my OP you would see that I am excited about HW returning, that I love the mini, and I was hoping for a Huntress Power Girl team book. If I choose to discuss it with another fan who has similar views, well isn't that the point of the forums?

Color me confused.

lol...I was on the verge of collapsing at my computer when I wrote that and it was actually intended to be a reply to daredevil and I saw his name in the @ reply and clicked on it...my bad

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By jsphsmth

@BOPFAN#3 said:

@jsphsmth: @daredevil21134: The new birds was kinda heart breaking, like I'm still hoping that at the end of this story arc I'll love it, but it's not leaning that way. And yeah it only makes sense that Helena was originally Bertinelli not Wayne, which makes me wonder how they're going to retcon the passport. The fact she was changed midway kinda makes me scared of World's Finest, because they're just starting planning and yeah idk I'm just ugh......please comic gods don't let them mess this up.

Levitz is a seasoned pro who has been in the game for decades. He is not a huge, high profile writer, but he is a very good and consistent writer. He took the HB/HW change in stride and produced a very good mini-series. I am fairly confident that he will continue to do so with the ongoing.

My only concern for the ongoing is will the book appeal to fans who only enjoy one of the duo? Outside of the JSA, I have never read Power Girl. Meanwhile I am probably the only person on the boards who actually has the 1980s Huntress ongoing series and every miniseries published since then. Are fans of only one character going to feel invested enough to buy the book? I will, but will others?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#105  Edited By daredevil21134

@danhimself said:

@BOPFAN#3 said:

I don't mean for this to come off as rude but it probably will so I apologize in advanced....you're either going to have get over it or just stop reading the character all together....my favorite character was pre-relaunch was Superboy and there's really nothing left of the character that I loved and I'm still not quite over it...just thinking about the relaunch makes me a little mad on the inside....they were even planning on making him the same character and only having him be captured by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. and brainwashed but because of the way Supergirl and Superman had been changed they realized that they couldn't have him be the same character as before so they changed him to what he is now....but anyway....despite all of my misgivings towards DC and the way they threw out all the wonderful things that Geoff Johns did to the character in Teen Titans and Adventure Comics I still find myself liking the current Teen Titans and Superboy titles because of how Lobdell is handling the characters...would I prefer that they were unchanged? OF COURSE I WOULD!! but unfortunately I can't have that so I have to accept and eventually move on

now I've been really enjoying the Huntress mini and I'm pretty excited for Worlds' Finest too and from what I've gathered the only significant change to the character is her name and her parentage...her attitude and personality are still there and Levitz is writing a damn good story...so my advice is if you can...try it out and give it a shot...maybe you'll like it....you can still be upset about your favorite character pretty much not existing anymore...just like me...but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy her current incarnation....and who knows...maybe at some point down the road DC will decide to revert things back to the way they were...heck Heroes Reborn was successful for a while and look where that went

There wasn't no reason to write that to me I already said i'm not reading it.I have already gotten over it and I have already stop reading about the character.So you just wasted your time writing that.I won't read about Helena Wayne.And as far as getting used to HW no thanks.

BOPFAN#3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By BOPFAN#3

@jsphsmth: I think because this is our only opportunity to see these characters that if you're a fan of one of them you'll accept the other. I haven’t read too much PG, but from what I’ve read I’ve enjoyed the character and I’m interested to see what PG’s personality is going to be like in the New 52. I think like any team book if there are enough characters on the team you like then you’ll put up with the other characters on the team you don’t care for. I think the combination of these two characters will make an amazing story, I’m really excited.

I’m also really interested in seeing how these two characters influence the other characters in the New 52. How’s Batman going to react to him and Catwoman’s child? How’s Damian going to react to a biological sister? We don’t know who PG is going to be exactly, she could be an older Supergirl, she could be the daughter of Superman, or something completely new, we don’t really know. I think bringing these two characters into the New 52 will united many characters and make the New 52 feel more like all the comics mesh together, make the heroes feel more like a family rather then completely unrelated people in separate cities.

What incarnation of PG would you like to see? How do you think Helena will mix into the Batman Family?

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By jsphsmth

@BOPFAN#3 said:

What incarnation of PG would you like to see? How do you think Helena will mix into the Batman Family?

I think that PG would be more interesting as Superman's daughter. That way Levitz can really play off the concept of legacy heroes.

I am not sure how Huntress will mix with the other Bat-heroes. I am not sure if she would tell anyone. Levitz did say that PG and Huntress will react differently to being stranded. To me it seems like PG would be the one to announce herself to Superman. Huntress might be less inclined to do it because of Bruce's logical/skeptical nature.

In my OP I was only looking for a Huntress/PG team book, similar to the pre-Flashpoint Superman/Batman ongoing. I would have been happy with something that simple, but all the questions that we are asking has me more and more excited about the new series.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#108  Edited By Saren

I'm calling it: Power Girl's going to appear at the end of Huntress #6.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By daredevil21134

@CitizenBane said:

I'm calling it: Power Girl's going to appear at the end of Huntress #6.

I thinks its kinda of obvious since its already stated that there is a guess surprise

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By jsphsmth

Welcome back Helena Wayne. It has been too long.

Power Girl's costume is looking much more Superman-ish. Definitely thinking that she is Superman's daughter.

And from the "R" on the costume behind Huntress, I would guess that she was Robin on Earth-2. Makes it much more likely that the mini is taking place on Earth Prime.

BOPFAN#3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By BOPFAN#3

@jsphsmth: Ooh I don’t know how I feel about that picture right now!

I hate the Power Girl costume I know that for sure. PG’s costume always has the oval on her chest, it just does, sure it's sexist and horrible but that’s her costume. And the P stretched across her chest looks really awkward. I also think I’d prefer PG as being a grown up Kara Zor-El or L I guess with earth-2, just because I loved Supergirl and PG’s interplay when they met in the Supergirl series. I think it’s interesting, how would you react to meet a possible future self?

I don’t think I like formerly being Robin. Would Selina allow her daughter to be a superhero? Because I think Bruce would, obviously he’s had young sidekicks for years, but I don’t think Selina would approve of her daughter being put in the line of fire. Plus ’s whole origin is that she became a hero to avenge her mothers death. I’m thinking what they’re going to do with earth-2 is that Selina’s murdered, Bruce retires, Dick becomes Batman and takes over as Robin. But my problem with that is if Selina were just murdered would Bruce allow to become Robin? I think my issue with being Robin is that she’s following in her fathers footsteps rather then going against his wishes to do what she wants. Huntress worked because it was ’s rebellion, she was doing the right thing even though the people around her were telling her she was wrong, that’s why I loved it. Maybe starts out as Robin and when Selina’s killed Bruce tells her to retire, but instead she becomes the Huntress. Ugh this is driving me insane, the possibilities are endless.

I guess PG’s costume will grow on me and I’ll eventually accept being Robin if Levitz can pull it off, which I have no doubt he can. I’m hoping he uses some flash backs to Earth-2 in order to explain how Helena went from Robin to Huntress, hell maybe Selina isn’t even dead…why can’t it be May already…………….

Where did you get this pic dude?!?!

“Batman’s little girl is all grown up” :)

BOPFAN#3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By BOPFAN#3

@jsphsmth:I figured out where you got the picture......i feel dumb. From now on I'll read the news before I hit the forums...

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By jsphsmth

@BOPFAN#3: DC has been posting covers for some of the Second Wave on their blog this week. With the exception of Batman Inc, I am incredibly excited about these comics. Even more after looking at the covers for Earth-2 and Worlds' Finest. WOW. I think we are in for some great stories. DC is really doing an amazing job with this reboot. (Even if I don't agree wih all the changes.)

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By jsphsmth

Now that's what I am talking about!!!

WORLDS’ FINEST #1

Written by PAUL LEVITZ

Art by GEORGE PEREZ, SCOTT KOBLISH and KEVIN MAGUIRE

Cover by GEORGE PEREZ

1:25 Variant cover by KEVIN MAGUIRE

On sale MAY 2 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

• New ongoing series featuring POWER GIRL and HUNTRESS of Earth 2!

• PAUL LEVITZ teams with amazing artists GEORGE PEREZ and KEVIN MAGUIRE.

• Discover why these two heroes are stranded on our Earth – and what it means for the heroes of the DC Universe.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By daredevil21134

Can't wait to see how long this will last

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By jsphsmth

A lot longer than HB/Huntress's last ongoing.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By daredevil21134

@jsphsmth said:

A lot longer than HB/Huntress's last ongoing.

We will see

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By jsphsmth

Worlds' Finest will be a success. The forums here and elsewhere are burning up with excitement over the series. Excitement, not disappointment.

Even if only half of the readers of the Huntress miniseries (25k/per month) and half of the pre-Flashpoint Power Girl series (18k/per month) come aboard, that give the series a nice base of 21k units per month. Add another ten percent in monthly sales because of the ties to Robbinson's Earth-2 series and that places the series well outside of the danger zone for cancellation.

Paul Levitz is a good and consistent writer. Once people start reading his work, they don't leave. (check his LOSH sales numbers)

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By daredevil21134

@jsphsmth said:

Worlds' Finest will be a success. The forums here and elsewhere are burning up with excitement over the series. Excitement, not disappointment.

Even if only half of the readers of the Huntress miniseries (25k/per month) and half of the pre-Flashpoint Power Girl series (18k/per month) come aboard, that give the series a nice base of 21k units per month. Add another ten percent in monthly sales because of the ties to Robbinson's Earth-2 series and that places the series well outside of the danger zone for cancellation.

Paul Levitz is a good and consistent writer. Once people start reading his work, they don't leave. (check his LOSH sales numbers)

Again,we will see.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By jsphsmth

Right. People have been waiting for the relaunch to fail for months now. How has that worked out?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By daredevil21134

@jsphsmth said:

Right. People have been waiting for the relaunch to fail for months now. How has that worked out?

It still early but I can careless if it fails anyways

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By jsphsmth

umm Worlds' Finest is part of the Second Wave of DC reboot that started in September

at this point I think I am out, people are posting just to be the last to post instead of having a point, new info, or something to share.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By daredevil21134

@jsphsmth said:

umm Worlds' Finest is part of the Second Wave of DC reboot that started in September

at this point I think I am out, people are posting just to be the last to post instead of having a point, new info, or something to share.

Fine with me, good luck and enjoy World's Finest

BOPFAN#3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By BOPFAN#3

@jsphsmth: Hey are you caught up on Huntress? I wanna talk about the daddy line in issue 5 cuz it kinda pissed me off. And I see you're making friends on the forums bud haha.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By jsphsmth

@BOPFAN#3:

I have been reading a lot of trades lately, I am behind on most of my monthlies. Haven't even picked up this month's Huntress yet. What it bad?

BOPFAN#3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By BOPFAN#3

@jsphsmth: It wasn't bad, it's just kinda like the rest of the DC relaunch...it's not bad, but I'm not really impressed yet lol. Except for Stormwatch, have u been reading Stormwatch? It's pretty good. There's a line in #5 where HW says "But then, daddy did say objects are meant to be used..." It was just like ugh idk I don't like wink wink nudge nudge type things in my comics, it just doesn't work for me. It works for a comic reader who only reads comics and isn’t on a website like comicvine where we are constantly kept up to date with what’s going on in the comic world. What I mean is if you didn’t read the article where Levitz says Huntress is HW you wouldn’t know yet who she is. So the writer can play those games with you and wink wink nudge nudge at you, but for the average reader……..we knew like two issues ago? Also I don’t like HW saying “daddy” I feel like it makes her sound like a spoiled right girl and it doesn’t sound like she has respect for her father, which I mean…..he’s Batman, who in their right mind would call Batman daddy? I know I’m being really nitpicky, but that line just made me roll my eyes.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By jsphsmth

@BOPFAN#3: Yes, I am reading Stormwatch. I do like what Paul Cornell was doing with the team. I am a little curious how Peter Milligan will handle the team when he takes over writing it. I am apprehensive because I haven't really liked his work on Red Lanterns or Justice League Dark that much.

DC pretty much let the cat out of the bag in October, I guess that all the winks and nudges about Huntress's origin aren't as cute now. And yes, 'daddy' does't sound appropriate coming out of her mouth.

BOPFAN#3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By BOPFAN#3

@jsphsmth: Damn JL Dark isn't good? I'm slowly being seduced by DC to try out some of the new comics and I was gonna go to JL Dark next or I Vampire. I haven't read anything he's done so hopefully he doesn't mess up Stormwatch. The fact I haven't read anything he's done makes me really nervous though lol I was trying to be positive about the same changes made to Witchblade recently and umm....didn't work out so well. Damn that actually makes me really nervous now. What's he like as a writer?

I love that talking about Huntress's origin you mention "letting the cat out of the bag" was that intentional? And it should really be cat/bat out of the bag lol,

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By jsphsmth

@BOPFAN#3: I am enjoying I, Vampire much better than JLD, but Jeff Lemire is taking over JLD when Milligan goes to Stormwatch. Jeff Lemire is amazing. I am loving his work on Animal Man and Frankenstein (which he is leaving so that he can write JLD).

I have never realy been a huge Milligan fan, so I am not the best judge on his work. My main issue with Red Lanterns and JLD is that the main plot in each is moving very, very slow.

"cat out of the bag" didn't even realize I wrote that. Oops.

BOPFAN#3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By BOPFAN#3

@jsphsmth: Love that comicvine made Huntress (Bertinelli) and Huntress (Wayne) pages haha

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By jsphsmth

@jsphsmth said:

I would love to see her series get turned into an ongoing or better yet a team book with Power Girl, Earth-2's version of the Worlds Finest.

Called it correctly. Good to see the band back together. Cannot wait until Week One of May.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.