Cannot wait for the Earth-2 reveal for the Huntress mini

• 131 results
#1 Edited by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

The wait is killing me. No doubt it will occur on the last page of the last issue.

I love how she has hinted at her parentage by referencing Batman directly and then made the cat-person comment.

I loved it even more when Levitz gave the nod to her now defunct persona of Helena Bertinelli by using it on her false passport.

I hope that she is a functioning member of the JSA. They need a non-power detective and I hope that it isn't Robin. Somebody had to fill the role after Batman retired, best be Helena.

I would love to see her series get turned into an ongoing or better yet a team book with Power Girl, Earth-2's version of the Worlds Finest.

#2 Posted by aeka (47 posts) - - Show Bio

I would totally love for an Huntress ongoing series as well as a Huntress/Power Girl teambook. Aside from the JSA, they would probably be the two characters to sell books from the Earth-2 continuity.

Yeah. I can't wait to see how the mini will tie in with Earth-2 JSA as well. :)

#3 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth: Wednesday, November 9th, 2011

By Alex Nagorski

In the first issue of HUNTRESS, you were introduced to Helena Bertinelli, who just arrived in Italy in hopes of tracking down a ruthless criminal.

In issue #2 (on sale today), Helena’s mission continues as she stalks her prey and attempts to sabotage the secret delivery of a weapon shipment to him. But with Moretti’s men in full protection mode, can Helena stop him from receiving the weapons while also saving the innocent people he is exploiting?

HUNTRESS #2 is written by Paul Levitz and illustrated by Marcus To and John Dell.

#4 Edited by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:

By Alex Nagorski

In the first issue of HUNTRESS, you were introduced to Helena Bertinelli, who just arrived in Italy in hopes of tracking down a ruthless criminal.

In issue #2 (on sale today), Helena’s mission continues as she stalks her prey and attempts to sabotage the secret delivery of a weapon shipment to him. But with Moretti’s men in full protection mode, can Helena stop him from receiving the weapons while also saving the innocent people he is exploiting?

HUNTRESS #2 is written by Paul Levitz and illustrated by Marcus To and John Dell.

Thank you, Levitz. 

Helena deserves to stand on her own two feet as an established and loved character and not live off the 'privilege' of being a child to Bruce and Selina in some godforsaken reality.
#5 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@daredevil21134 said:

By Alex Nagorski

Thank you, Levitz. Helena deserves to stand on her own two feet as an established and loved character and not live off the 'privilege' of being a child to Bruce and Selina in some godforsaken reality.

Amen

#6 Edited by aeka (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: You do realise Levitz originally envisioned this character as the 'privileged' offspring of Bruce and Selina, and created her as such, right? If you prefer the mafia origin that's fine. But please don't 'thank' Levitz by insulting his work.

#7 Edited by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@aeka: amen

I am still not sure why everyone seems to be clinging to the original solicits. DC didn't decide to go with a JSA title on Earth-2 until after the relaunch started. At that point, they couldn't go back and pull the original solicits for the Huntress miniseries. DC pretty much told us in their mid-October news page, published in almost every DC comic, that they were moving ahead with Earth-2 and hinted who would be on it.

I would think that fans of the character would want her someplace where she isn't a derivative character. How many non-powered heroines are there already in Gotham on Earth Prime already?

On Earth-2 she would be a legacy heroine taking over her father's role in the Gotham and/or the JSA. That idea sounds a little more noble and interesting.

Ultimately none of us will know the truth until that last page reveal.

#8 Posted by aeka (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth: I can honestly understand why Helena Bertinelli fans feel very strongly about the possibility that this may not still be the same post-Crisis Huntress they're accustomed to. The way I know it, the same thing happened with Helena Wayne fans back in the mid 80s when DC originally announced she was going to get her own mini, only to have her die on Crisis on Infinite Earths shortly after, and then later expect them to accept Helena Bertinelli as a reintroduction to the orignal character they knew and loved.

I think the issue here is fans don't want to feel as though they wasted time and money on a character they've invested in for years, just to have DC slap them in the face with "haha sorry, but your Huntress is no longer real, but here have this one instead, who's just as good as the one you liked." A move like that is nothing short of adding insult to injury, and it's especially not a good way to generate interest in a newer version of the character, or in this case, regenerate interest on a previous version of the character.

If DC really does go this route, they'll basically be repeating the same mistake with Helena Bertinelli fans that they made with Helena Wayne fans back in the 1980s. I'm sure most Helena B fans have nothing against Helena W, but she's simply not their Huntress and they don't want to lose their favourite version of the character in favour of the original. It's a very polarised fanbase.

#9 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

@aeka: amen

I am still not sure why everyone seems to be clinging to the original solicits. DC didn't decide to go with a JSA title on Earth-2 until after the relaunch started. At that point, they couldn't go back and pull the original solicits for the Huntress miniseries. DC pretty much told us in their mid-October news page, published in almost every DC comic, that they were moving ahead with Earth-2 and hinted who would be on it.

I would think that fans of the character would want her someplace where she isn't a derivative character. How many non-powered heroines are there already in Gotham on Earth Prime already?

On Earth-2 she would be a legacy heroine taking over her father's role in the Gotham and/or the JSA. That idea sounds a little more noble and interesting.

Ultimately none of us will know the truth until that last page reveal.

Nrama: Helena Bertinelli has been around for decades now and was featured most recently as a team member in Birds of Prey. But now that DC is relaunching and rebooting so many characters, will the Huntress go through any changes with this new mini-series?

Levitz: This is a fairly self-contained story, so there are no obvious revelations of gigantic changes from before. If there's anything that goes on in it, it's pretty subtle.

#10 Edited by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: DC has a well known gag order for creators regarding the release of information on the DCNu prior to the official announcements. Levitz is a company man. He wouldn't leak information.

Plus, that interview took place in July prior to DC announcing Earth-2.

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32675 posts) - - Show Bio
@jsphsmth: you are deluded 
#12 Posted by Dernman (14726 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Helena Bertinelli and will be pissed if they dump her for Helena Wayne.

I also think she should stay away from Gotham and remain in Italy.

#13 Edited by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

@daredevil21134: DC has a well known gag order for creators regarding the release of information on the DCNu prior to the official announcements. Levitz is a company man. He wouldn't leak information.

Plus, I am pretty sure that the interview took place prior to DC announcing Earth-2.

Wednesday, December 7th, 2011

By Alex Nagorski

In the first couple issues of HUNTRESS, Helena Bertinelli traveled to Italy and swore to take down a man by the name of Moretti, one of the most powerful mob bosses in Europe.

In HUNTRESS #3, Helena’s mission sends her to the ancient ruins of Pompeii. While there, she is challenged to battle by a man whose identity is only revealed as the Lion of Kufra. But can Helena defeat him and all of the other obstacles in her way before its too late to find Moretti and bring him to justice?

HUNTRESS #3, in stores today, comes from the creative team of Paul Levitz, Marcus To and John Dell. Until I see stronger evidence for Helena Wayne its Berttinelli

#14 Edited by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: Yes, happily so and I am also somebody who has worked in the industry and actually understands how these thing work.

#15 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: I already addressed how solicits are written, by marketing, prior to the series actually seeing print. It is done for advertising reasons (see Previews magazine). They do not travel back in time and change them as the story changes from the original series proposal to the finished product.

#16 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

@daredevil21134: I already addressed how solicits are written, by marketing, prior to the series actually seeing print. It is done for advertising reasons (see Previews magazine). They do not travel back in time and change them as the story changes from the original series proposal to the finished product.

I think your reading too much into this but i'm not gonna try to change your mind anymore.Its Bertenelli until proven otherwise

#17 Posted by aeka (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Oh how I love people who quote Levitz' August interviews but fail to quote this bit from him:

1: How much of the Huntress’ history has been erased in the new DCU?

Paul: I’m finding out the same way you are, piece by piece. That’s part of the fun of the 52 project.

Source.

I honestly fail to see the point in dragging this argument further since pretty much everyone here is relying on old and outdated information at this point to back themselves up. Is it so much to ask for everyone to reserve all conclusion-jumping until it is officially revealed who the Huntress is? Damn.

#18 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@aeka said:

@daredevil21134: Oh how I love people who quote Levitz' August interviews but fail to quote this bit from him:

1: How much of the Huntress’ history has been erased in the new DCU?

Paul: I’m finding out the same way you are, piece by piece. That’s part of the fun of the 52 project.

Source.

I honestly fail to see the point in dragging this argument further since pretty much everyone here is relying on old and outdated information at this point to back themselves up. Is it so much to ask for everyone to reserve all conclusion-jumping until it is officially revealed who the Huntress is? Damn.

Like I just said its Bertinelli until proven otherwise

#19 Posted by aeka (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: And I'm saying people here are being selective of the information they're willing to accept as true. DC did hint at Helena Bertinelli being the Earth-2 Huntress in October, and given the direction she seems to be going, it isn't an unlikely possibility, nor is it looking too far into things.

The fact that people such as yourself are persistently dismissive of this more-up-to-date piece of information by insisting on quoting earlier interviews is nothing short of dragging a pointless argument.

#20 Edited by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@aeka said:

@daredevil21134: And I'm saying people here are being selective of the information they're willing to accept as true. DC did hint at Helena Bertinelli being the Earth-2 Huntress in October, and given the direction she seems to be going, it isn't an unlikely possibility, nor is it looking too far into things.

The fact that people such as yourself are persistently dismissive of this more-up-to-date piece of information by insisting on quoting earlier interviews is nothing short of dragging a pointless argument.

Did you not read what I just said?I said its Bertinelli until proven otherwise which means it could be Helena Wayne but until its revealed, its still Bertinelli.This is all speculation and if it does turn out to be Helena Wayne I just won't buy anything with her in it, its no big deal

#21 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I do enjoy a well though out debate. Thank you daredevil21134 for providing one. Thank you aeka for being the voice of reason.

Truly, I don't mind playing devils advocate if it means getting more people talking about this miniseries. I hope that if enough people get behind it, that the Levitz/To team get to turn Huntress into an ongoing.

#22 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I do enjoy a well though out debate. Thank you daredevil21134 for providing one. Thank you aeka for being the voice of reason.

Truly, I don't mind playing devils advocate if it means getting more people talking about this miniseries. I hope that if enough people get behind it, that the Levitz/To team get to turn Huntress into an ongoing.

Your welcome buddy, its been a fun discussion

#23 Posted by aeka (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Perhaps you're the one missing my point. I'm not arguing the point of this being Wayne or Bertinelli until proven otherwise. I'm blatantly pointing out the fact that people persistently dismiss updated information by insisting on quoting--at this point--old and outdated information every time someone opens discussion on how the Huntress mini will tie in Earth-2 JSA.

I don't disagree that this Huntress can go either way. What is exhausting is people consistently dragging the same old argument that's been going on since bloody October.

#24 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@aeka said:

@daredevil21134: Perhaps you're the one missing my point. I'm not arguing the point of this being Wayne or Bertinelli until proven otherwise. I'm blatantly pointing out the fact that people persistently dismiss updated information by insisting on quoting--at this point--old and outdated information every time someone opens discussion on how the Huntress mini will tie in Earth-2 JSA.

I don't disagree that this Huntress can go either way. What is exhausting is people consistently dragging the same old argument that's been going on since bloody October.

LOL,I don't even care anymore,we were just having a fun debate.Whats there be exhausted about its just an innocent conversation no need to get stressed up.I can keep this up but seeing how serious your taking this i'll stop here

#25 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@daredevil21134 said:

By Alex Nagorski

Thank you, Levitz. Helena deserves to stand on her own two feet as an established and loved character and not live off the 'privilege' of being a child to Bruce and Selina in some godforsaken reality.

Oh please. This has nothing to do with Helena B standing on her own two feet. Your "not-so-hidden" agenda is showing, Denny.

#26 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@RainEffect said:

@daredevil21134 said:

By Alex Nagorski

Oh please. This has nothing to do with Helena B standing on her own two feet. Your "not-so-hidden" agenda is showing, Denny.

*looks around*

...who's Denny?

#27 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@RainEffect said:

@daredevil21134 said:

By Alex Nagorski

*looks around*

...who's Denny?

LOL,F#CK Helena Wayne

#28 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: @daredevil21134 said:

@RainEffect said:

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@RainEffect said:

@daredevil21134 said:

By Alex Nagorski

*looks around*

...who's Denny?

LOL,F#CK Helena Wayne

Without a Helena Wayne, there wouldn't even have been a Bertinelli so fuck off.

#29 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@daredevil21134: @daredevil21134 said:

@RainEffect said:

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@RainEffect said:

@daredevil21134 said:

By Alex Nagorski

*looks around*

...who's Denny?

LOL,F#CK Helena Wayne

Seems like a hit a nerve

#30 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@chipsnopotatoes said:

Hey, chill out. There's no need for that. He said f-ck the character, not you. Please refrain from profanity in the future.

#31 Posted by The Stegman (23036 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't like the multiverse :(

#32 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

i don't like the multiverse :(

I don't either,I think its unnecessary

#33 Posted by entropy_aegis (14219 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@chipsnopotatoes said:

@RainEffect said:

@daredevil21134 said:

By Alex Nagorski

*looks around*

...who's Denny?

Dennis O'Neal,creator of Talia,Ra's,Lady Shiva etc.

#34 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

DC telegraphed the reveal in the Second Wave announcement.

WORLDS’ FINEST – Writer: Paul Levitz. Artists: George Perez and Kevin Maguire. Stranded on our world from a parallel reality, Huntress and Power Girl struggle to find their way back to Earth 2. Perez and Maguire will be the artists on alternating story arcs.

#35 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

DC telegraphed the reveal in the Second Wave announcement.

WORLDS’ FINEST – Writer: Paul Levitz. Artists: George Perez and Kevin Maguire. Stranded on our world from a parallel reality, Huntress and Power Girl struggle to find their way back to Earth 2. Perez and Maguire will be the artists on alternating story arcs.

interesting,but I won't be buying it

#36 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait...shouldn't she be Batman's daughter?

#37 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

Wait...shouldn't she be Batman's daughter?

Yup

#38 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: If she is from Earth-2, then yes.

#39 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

Isn't this pretty much confirming it

#40 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@jsphsmth said:

It confirms that she is from Earth-2. As to whether she is a Wayne or a mob boss's daughter, who knows? We don't yet know if there was/is a Batman on Earth-2. It does make Helena Wayne much, much more probable.

#41 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@jsphsmth said:

It confirms that she is from Earth-2. As to whether she is a Wayne or a mob boss's daughter, who knows? We don't yet know if there was/is a Batman on Earth-2. It does make Helena Wayne much, much more probable.

I don't see why they would make Bertinelli from Earth 2 though

#42 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@jsphsmth said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@jsphsmth said:

There are many more Helena Bertinelli fans than people like me who remember Helena Wayne. DC could play it safe. I only say this because I was nearly lynched for suggesting that she was a Wayne on the forums.

Worlds Finest is very close to what I wanted, so I am very happy with the announcement and I will continue enjoying the miniseries as well.

#43 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@jsphsmth said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@jsphsmth said:

There are many more Helena Bertinelli fans than people like me who remember Helena Wayne. DC could play it safe. I only say this because I was nearly lynched for suggesting that she was a Wayne on the forums.

Worlds Finest is very close to what I wanted, so I am very happy with the announcement and I will continue enjoying the miniseries as well.

Or maybe Helena Wayne confronts Bertinelli at the end of the mini

#44 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth: http://www.newsarama.com/comics/paul-levitz-worlds-finest-earth-2-120113.html Its Official

#45 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Cool. Thanks, I didn't see this yet.

#46 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth said:

@daredevil21134: Cool. Thanks, I didn't see this yet.

You are welcome,as much as this pains me,enjoy bro

#47 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW Welcome back Helena Wayne and thank you DC for giving us Worlds' Finest. I cannot wait to start reading it in May.

#48 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks DC for using Helena Bertinelli's name to sell another product and tricking her fans into buying a series that's not her.

#49 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@daredevil21134 said:

Thanks DC for using Helena Bertinelli's name to sell another product and tricking her fans into buying a series that's not her.

This is Helena Wayne
#50 Posted by battyfan1 (203 posts) - - Show Bio

i grew up with both helena's HB and HW.....i like both....i always did feel HB was an cover up of HW and i was waiting for her to just say one day to bats.......batman i am your daughter...(kinda like the darth vader moment., though it never happened).......Anyways i don't know what all the fuss is about.....a good story is a good story.... so i'll buy the mini and knowing her frienship with peegee is gonna be restored YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

i think most people did like HB as huntress b/c subconsciously its was reminiscent of the original huntress that was Batman's daughter.....(that was the case for my brother, he gave the character a chance b/c of that)

anyways, looking forward to this

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.