Follow

Huntress (Bertinelli)

Character » Huntress (Bertinelli) appears in 1168 issues.

Helena Bertinelli, born into one of Gotham's mafia families, became a spy and vigilante, destroying those that had killed her family. As a key member of the Birds of Prey, she has moved toward brutal, but non-lethal methods for fighting crime.

Anybody Else Getting Worried?

• 65 results
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Mercy_

DC's been releasing all the titles, creative teams and images etc that will be present in the new reboot. The vast majority has already been announced and we haven't heard hide nor hair about Helena Bertinelli aka Huntress. Anybody else getting a little worried? Because I know that I am.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I'm more worried about Wally than Helena. She's not a legacy character or anything (yes, I know about Earth 2 Huntress, but there's no way she's coming back). 

I'm hoping they'll all be in a group comprised of Wally, Helena, Raven and Beast Boy.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

A little, but I am pretty sure that my karma register won't allow for any more negatives out of this than what is as present. 

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mercy_

@FadeToBlackBolt: Wally's been getting shafted lately when it comes to stuff. Sucks, too, because he's by far my favorite flash.

Helena may not be a legacy character, or a big name, but she's had a consistent presence in the DCU for a long time. She's been in at least one book continuously since Birds of Prey issue 56 (excluding the year or so break between the two volumes).

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @The Dark Huntress: He IS the Flash. Barry can go suck a curb. 

That's exactly why I think she'll be fine. She has no one who could slide in and take her place.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@FadeToBlackBolt: Heard a rumor Wally was going to be in Justice League, but haven't heard about the actual Flash series.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mercy_

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Dark Huntress: He IS the Flash. Barry can go suck a curb. That's exactly why I think she'll be fine. She has no one who could slide in and take her place.

QFT!

Yeah, but the thing is, she's not an enormous name, either. I don't see what DC would gain by holding her back to the end for suspense. Her fanbase isn't that big.

Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Dark Huntress: She'll probably make an appearance in Birds as a recurring if not main character.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:

@The Dark Huntress: She'll probably make an appearance in Birds as a recurring if not main character.

Or one of the Bat books. She could be in Nightwing, Batwoman or Detective. 

@The Dark Huntress said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Dark Huntress: He IS the Flash. Barry can go suck a curb. That's exactly why I think she'll be fine. She has no one who could slide in and take her place.

QFT!

Yeah, but the thing is, she's not an enormous name, either. I don't see what DC would gain by holding her back to the end for suspense. Her fanbase isn't that big.

She was voiced by Amy Acker in JLU. By that alone, she's one of DC's top female characters. Add to the fact she's awesome and has a great design, and her fanbase would surprise you. She may not be the most loved character, but there's barely anyone who outright hates her. She's a good selling point for a book. The only reason she wouldn't be in BoP is because with Ivy they already have a "bad girl".
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

QFT!

She was voiced by Amy Acker in JLU. By that alone, she's one of DC's top female characters. Add to the fact she's awesome and has a great design, and her fanbase would surprise you. She may not be the most loved character, but there's barely anyone who outright hates her. She's a good selling point for a book. The only reason she wouldn't be in BoP is because with Ivy they already have a "bad girl".
    She has always struck me as a character with a pretty solid fanbase.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mercy_

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

She's a good selling point for a book. The only reason she wouldn't be in BoP is because with Ivy they already have a "bad girl".

I don't want her anywhere near Dick. I want him with Babs.

As for her being in Birds of Prey...I'm not keen on it. That book doesn't feel like Birds of Prey to me as of now. I'll wait for the first issue to judge, but the only tie they have to the preceding Birds team is Dinah.

Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Dark Huntress said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

She's a good selling point for a book. The only reason she wouldn't be in BoP is because with Ivy they already have a "bad girl".

I don't want her anywhere near Dick.I want him with Babs.

As for her being in Birds of Prey...I'm not keen on it. That book doesn't feel like Birds of Prey to me as of now. I'll wait for the first issue to judge, but the only tie they have to the preceding Birds team is Dinah.

Must resist innuendo....
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SC  Moderator

I also doubt Gail would let her go into limbo if none of the other writers already have plans for her. 

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

QFT!

She has always struck me as a character with a pretty solid fanbase.
    I think so too. I honestly don't think there's any reason to worry. Getting rid of Helena, who's a favourite of Simone, just doesn't make sense,  financially or (DCU) contextually. 

@The Dark Huntress said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I don't want her anywhere near Dick. I want him with Babs.

To hell with Dick. Babs and Helena ftw :P 

BoP will need to do a lot of things right very quickly to keep its fanbase.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#15  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

i seriously doubt that there not gonna get rid of Huntress, she's got a good fan base. even if she dosnt appear immediatly she'll show up eventually. 

im just worried about Creeper.........most of his fan base are people who saw him in Batman:tas and think they truly know him when they dont understand him at all......its really lonely being a Creeper fan.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mercy_

@FadeToBlackBolt: SMH

Yes, they will. Especially without Gail at the helm.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mercy_

@SC said:

I also doubt Gail would let her go into limbo if none of the other writers already have plans for her.

I remember reading somewhere Gail saying that if nobody else was using them, Cassandra Cain and Steph would be making appearances in Batgirl. I think. O_o

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @The Dark Huntress said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: SMH

Yes, they will. Especially without Gail at the helm.

Just kidding, you know I like Dick and Babs as a couple. 

That could actually be a good thing though. Having Gail shoehorn a bunch of new characters into the book would make it feel even more forced than if a new writer took it up. Simone can come back later, but as for now, I think having a new perspective on the new cast, is a positive.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: Creeper won't make it. If someone like Wally isn't making it post-reboot then I doubt Creeper will see the light of day for a long time.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @iLLituracy said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Creeper won't make it. If someone like Wally isn't making it post-reboot then I doubt Creeper will see the light of day for a long time.

Creeper isn't being deliberately kept in the dark so as to make another character seem better though.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @iLLituracy said:
    Creeper isn't being deliberately kep in the dark so as to make another character seem better though.

and Huntress is?
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @iLLituracy said:

Creeper isn't being deliberately kept in the dark so as to make another character seem better though.

sorry i forgot we were talking about Wally, i thought we had moved back to Huntress
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iLLituracy
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @iLLituracy said:

No, Creeper isn't. It doesn't make it any less lame that he's not going to be seen in any foreseeable titles, though. It doesn't make it any less lame that his portrayal hasn't been decent since the 90's, either. While, yes, Wally is getting shafted because Barry is back and the powers that be want to bring back everything Silver Age--Wally has had consistent writing, Wally has had iconic stories, Wally has carried the torch for 20 or so years, there is a strong chance that he'll pop up again soon. Maybe not with his own title...but...
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @iLLituracy said:

sorry i forgot we were talking about Wally, i thought we had moved back to Huntress
    No worries. 

@iLLituracy said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @iLLituracy said:

No, Creeper isn't. It doesn't make it any less lame that he's not going to be seen in any foreseeable titles, though. It doesn't make it any less lame that his portrayal hasn't been decent since the 90's, either. While, yes, Wally is getting shafted because Barry is back and the powers that be want to bring back everything Silver Age--Wally has had consistent writing, Wally has had iconic stories, Wally has carried the torch for 20 or so years, there is a strong chance that he'll pop up again soon. Maybe not with his own title...but...

That was my reasoning behind there being a chance that Creeper will show up, not that he doesn't deserve to.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:

@SC said:

I remember reading somewhere Gail saying that if nobody else was using them, Cassandra Cain and Steph would be making appearances in Batgirl. I think. O_o

See that sounds great! I am sure when things are more stable at DC she can start making more creative decisions that will appeal to well, us type of fans. She is one of the few writers I know has a really good feel for the pulse of the bigger fans. Have you read her interview with Jill Pantozzi? I think her opposition to this change might be somewhat understated, so I am sure DC are stringing her along with certain compromises. Or even beyond that, DC knows the types of fans to respond to a lot of this critically, are the types of fans who stay up to date and more informed and thus sort of prone to catching on quick with changes, so by the time books are starting to be realized with the big changes and effects in place we will have news on where Helena, Cass and Steph will be, since thats still a reasonable chunk of money. 
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @iLLituracy said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @iLLituracy said:

Nile's origin wasnt that bad but your pretty much dead on. Ditko's was the best though. 

i miss Wally too, are any of his trades still in print?
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mercy_

@SC: I read the interview this afternoon. She gets a lot of points with me for coming out and saying that she was opposed to this, that she had fought this decision (and won) several times in the past) and for articulating why she thought now was an okay time.

I also appreciate that she did say that this was kind of the lesser of two evils. It was going to happen either way and this way she can make sure it's done right.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By iLLituracy
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @iLLituracy said:

No worries. 

@iLLituracy said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @iLLituracy said:

That was my reasoning behind there being a chance that Creeper will show up, not that he doesn't deserve to.
    That's the thing, though...where would Creeper show up? Flash has the Flash family...he has an entire universe to be in. Creeper has always sort of been a loner. DC tried to reboot him way back when and stick him in with the Batman family, then they tried to put him in the Outsiders, but none of that really worked and the direction of the character was constantly in flux ever since Ditko created him to his reintroduction in the 90's so on and so forth.  

Quite honestly, to be frank, I personally as a Creeper fan would be happy if they left him out of the reboot. Because the last time DC changed him they turned him into a demon from Hell, which was jank.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @iLLituracy said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @iLLituracy said:

Nile's origin wasnt that bad but your pretty much dead on. Ditko's was the best though.  i miss Wally too, are any of his trades still in print?
    A few of Geoff's stories (all but Igntion, Blitz and Crossfire), the Wild Wests and Race Against Time. That's about it. 
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @iLLituracy said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @iLLituracy said:

No worries. 

@iLLituracy said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @iLLituracy said:

That's the thing, though...where would Creeper show up? Flash has the Flash family...he has an entire universe to be in. Creeper has always sort of been a loner. DC tried to reboot him way back when and stick him in with the Batman family, then they tried to put him in the Outsiders, but none of that really worked and the direction of the character was constantly in flux ever since Ditko created him to his reintroduction in the 90's so on and so forth.   Quite honestly, to be frank, I personally as a Creeper fan would be happy if they left him out of the reboot. Because the last time DC changed him they turned him into a demon from Hell, which was jank.

i will never forgive Keith Giffen for that shrock. Tomasi  tried to ignore it wich was pretty cool but then didiot had to get involved.

@FadeToBlackBolt
    said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @iLLituracy said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @iLLituracy said:

Nile's origin wasnt that bad but your pretty much dead on. Ditko's was the best though.  i miss Wally too, are any of his trades still in print?
    A few of Geoff's stories (all but Igntion, Blitz and Crossfire), the Wild Wests and Race Against Time. That's about it. 

i guess ill have to hit Amazon
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@FadeToBlackBolt
    said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @iLLituracy said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @iLLituracy said:

i guess ill have to hit Amazon
    Yeah, good luck mate. It's so annoying. Waid wrote the best Wally stuff ever, and we can't get it anymore >_<
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:

@SC: I read the interview this afternoon. She gets a lot of points with me for coming out and saying that she was opposed to this, that she had fought this decision (and won) several times in the past) and for articulating why she thought now was an okay time.

I also appreciate that she did say that this was kind of the lesser of two evils. It was going to happen either way and this way she can make sure it's done right.

Well said, thats how I feel/felt as well. I never really considered that Gail would be spearheading this creative move, and in one way, a part of me is a tiny bit annoyed, in the sense that if Gail is doing this... the chances of it crashing and burning are less likely, she sort of gives the decision respect... but the chances of this if long term, harming the character less is there as well. Still confusing though. I am not sure if I am going to pick up the book and support it... this is one of the creative restructures that makes me hope all of this goes the way of Heroes Reborn...   

At least Huntress will be getting pants back. I never really liked the shorts look. Fingers crossed for her anyway to be landing in a good creative team/book. 
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By fodigg

It seems like the females in the Bat Family got the shortest end of the stick. From GailSimone's tweets, however, this won't stand for long. She's already pretty much said that if Cass and Steph don't get a place in the new DC order, they'd be awesome in BATGIRL. 

Her feed: 
    http://twitter.com/#!/gailsimone

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Nope ^_^

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By daredevil21134

I would like her to keep Catman away from Huntress

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @SC: Maybe they'll make her a surprise to people :P like you'll be reading Batman and then BAM Huntress :D
    Avatar image for shadowmercenary
    ShadowMercenary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ShadowMercenary

I like Huntress. She's one of my favorites. They better not cut her out.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mercy_

Gail Simone just retweeted this:

My BIGGEST concern with DC relaunch?? That when it drops in Sept, it only gives me 1 month to make the no doubt changed Huntress costume

Gives me hope that she is going to be involved in the revamped universe is some form or another and with a new costume :D Maybe one that isn't ridiculous or makes her look like a stripper nun this time.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @The Dark Huntress said:

My BIGGEST concern with DC relaunch?? That when it drops in Sept, it only gives me 1 month to make the no doubt changed Huntress costume

Gives me hope that she is going to be involved in the revamped universe is some form or another and with a new costume :D Maybe one that isn't ridiculous or makes her look like a stripper nun this time.

Blasphemy! The vigilante stripper nun hits every right note in the Universe. How would you feel if they made Thor hairless? >_<
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mercy_

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

Blasphemy! The vigilante stripper nun hits every right note in the Universe. How would you feel if they made Thor hairless? >_<

It's a terrible terrible costume.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @The Dark Huntress said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

It's a terrible terrible costume.

Haha, yeh I know. I like it with pants and a covered stomach though. I really hope they didn't get rid of the Cross. It's one of the things I love most about the character.
    ChadwickDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ChadwickDavis
    @FadeToBlackBolt:  

The only reason she wouldn't be in BoP is because with Ivy they already have a "bad girl". 
    While I can't argue with your logic I have to disagree with you. The new Birds of Prey is supposed to be a new covert Ops team and you potentially kick off the mafia princess  find a place for the Eco terrorist. I like both characters-keep them both!!! 

@The Dark Huntress
    "Her fanbase isn't that big."  
    we will have to agree to disagree on that one...(Remember Kate Spencer a.k.a Manhunter).   
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mercy_
    @ChadwickDavis I'm actually a huge fan of both chaacters (Huntress moreso). I've just never got the feel that she had an overabundantly large fan base.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By daredevil21134
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @ChadwickDavis I'm actually a huge fan of both chaacters (Huntress moreso). I've just never got the feel that she had an overabundantly large fan base.
    I love her
    Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Dark Cloud™

I'm part of her fanbase, but not as much as I could be. I've always had a spot for Huntress, and I believe she's every part of BoP as the other members, and could probably be more than that.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By doordoor123
    @The Dark Huntress said:

DC's been releasing all the titles, creative teams and images etc that will be present in the new reboot. The vast majority has already been announced and we haven't heard hide nor hair about Helena Bertinelli aka Huntress. Anybody else getting a little worried? Because I know that I am.

I dont think it will be a problem. Shell be alive. Shell just be a guest star. 
    It seems right now that the JSA doesnt exist though.
    thehummingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By thehummingbird

Yes reply good later...

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By MrUnknown

Besides Poison Ivy who are those other three characters on BoP? They look so ambiguous...

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By sexy_merc

I am thinking DC has a plan for her and the other Earth-2 characters with Multiversity.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mercy_

@Sexy Merc: She's been retconned so that she isn't Earth 2, though. This was Helena Bertinelli, not Wayne.

@MrUnknown said:

Besides Poison Ivy who are those other three characters on BoP? They look so ambiguous...

Going by the solicit, the blonde on the left is Black Canary. The one with the tattoo is (I think) a new character named Starling and I have no freaking idea who the other one is.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.