"Alas, Poor Ms. Bertinelli" (Possible Worlds' Finest Spoilers)

#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio

Thoughts on the first page of Worlds' Finest? And general thoughts on the book so far?

#2 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh on both counts

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio

For anybody who hasn't read it, but what was wondering what I was talking about, here ya go.

#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like that they're bringing over Helena Wayne though I do hope some of the Helena Bertinelli Huntress traits crossover to her too.

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12525 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

#6 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

F**k you, Levitz! F**k you and this book!

#7 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

#8 Posted by SoA (4695 posts) - - Show Bio

i like it and the whole "been there the whole time" is nice too, WF, dial H and earth 2 are really good so far

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

For anybody who hasn't read it, but what was wondering what I was talking about, here ya go.

Wait, what just happened? I haven't read and I have no idea what that scan means.

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 I'll lay it out for you once I'm back on the comp. wanna be able to spoiler tag.
#11 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123:

Worlds' Finest details the travels of Power Girl and Huntress, Kara Zor L/Karen Starr? and Helena Wayne of Earth 2. They made their way onto this Earth when a Boom Tube opened up after the death of their Trinity. They've been here for years, building up their places in the world. Helena hacked into Wayne Enterprises and got them funds. Power Girl used it as capital to build up her own business (this was elaborated on in Mr. Terrific) and Helena used it for tech and to turn the name Huntress into an urban legend.

PG has been buying up all the super-tech of this world in an effort to find their way back to Earth 2 and as I said before. Helena's been pretty busy as a vigilante. In DCnU, Helena Bertinelli is nothing more than an alias of hers, an identity she stole that once belonged to an actual person. That's what the panels above are detailing and painting out for us. It's the author's 'clever' attempt at paying homage to Bertinelli fans, but really it's just a slap in the face.

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: So... are you upset, or do you find this cool?

#13 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 I'm kind of neutral. I painfully mourn the loss of Bertinelli, but I also love the concept of Wayne and like what I've seen of her so far.
#14 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: Ah. Well, I can see why. At least the alias thing kind of makes sense. Kind of.

#15 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: In the context of the story, it makes sense. Looking at it from a fan's view, it's a bit enraging.

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

This still sucks, in case anyone is wondering. Not a fan. Wayne has none of the qualities that Bertinelli has and as such isn't as much of an interesting character.

#17 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: true dat. Helena Wayne Sucks

#18 Posted by hyperman (277 posts) - - Show Bio

it seems that they have thrown away Helena Bertinelli her background and her pretty good origin .

#19 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

This still sucks, in case anyone is wondering. Not a fan. Wayne has none of the qualities that Bertinelli has and as such isn't as much of an interesting character.

How can you really say that, though? I mean, yeah, she doesn't have the same back story, but we've seen her in what, seven issues so far? Eight including Earth 2 and six of which nobody even knew for sure whether she was Bertinelli or not. There were heated arguments and debates throughout the duration of the mini as to whether it was Wayne or Bertinelli and I think the fact that people weren't able to definitively say speaks for itself.

#20 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@ReVamp said:

How can you really say that, though? I mean, yeah, she doesn't have the same back story, but we've seen her in what, seven issues so far? Eight including Earth 2 and six of which nobody even knew for sure whether she was Bertinelli or not. There were heated arguments and debates throughout the duration of the mini as to whether it was Wayne or Bertinelli and I think the fact that people weren't able to definitively say speaks for itself.

I think that's its quite apparent from the altercations that she had with Power Girl in the issue that she's got a different personality. But put that aside for a second, the emphasis that the book seems to be having (ie Earth-2) aren't as appealing to me. Obviously, I can't knock on it, its good in its own right, but not in the manner I enjoyed Bertinelli.

#21 Posted by daredevil21134 (10867 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

@jrock85 said:

That's how I feel.Paul Levitz should burn for this

#22 Posted by daredevil21134 (10867 posts) - - Show Bio

F$CK Helena Wayne and Paul Levitz.

#23 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

#24 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio

I abhor what they did to Bertinelli, doesn't mean that I hate Wayne.

#25 Posted by daredevil21134 (10867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

I abhor what they did to Bertinelli, doesn't mean that I hate Wayne.

I do with a passion

#26 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio

And that's entirely your prerogative

#27 Posted by daredevil21134 (10867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

And that's entirely your prerogative

XD

#28 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (424 posts) - - Show Bio

So, even more of my favorite stories no longer fit into the current DC universe. Was going to give this titles a try but there seems little reason to now... Guess all my hopes of getting back into DC rests on if Ravagers is worth anything...

#29 Posted by TheSuperHuman (856 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
I really like that they're bringing over Helena Wayne though I do hope some of the Helena Bertinelli Huntress traits crossover to her too.
I agree. Bertinelli in my opinion is the best version.
#30 Posted by danhimself (22286 posts) - - Show Bio

it kind of brings up the question as to whether or not Helena Bertinelli of the new 52 was ever the Huntress before she died...if not there's a lot of continuity that's screwed up.

#31 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: you say that almost like you expect DC to care at this point

#32 Posted by danhimself (22286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4: I keep having hope...lol

#33 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, thats pritty F-ed up, & an insult to the fans. Even if they to make it seem like they care, by having HW point out she was a real person, burning her like that is a slap in the face.

The problem of the two Huntresses is very easy to fix. Have HB or an older Misfit train Helen Wayne to become the next Huntress.

#34 Posted by HexThis (881 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate Helena Wayne but I don't see why a writer or editor would be so attached to her they'd choose her over Bertinelli. I mean, there's way more to substantiate Bertinelli! "A Cry For Blood", "No Man's Land", "Huntress: Year One", and the Birds of Prey- she was an amazing character.

Also, I've said this a million times but here's a million and one....it's never a good idea to give superheroes kids. Well, maybe Magneto or the Fantastic 4 or something but let's get real- Bruce Wayne shouldn't be responsible for kids. Adult Robins, adult Batgirls- thats OK but how is he supposed to be a 35 year old with an adult daughter and some little murderous shiza?

However, why should we take Helena Wayne's word for it that Helena Bertinelli is dead? Maybe she's just under the radar and found out someone's been masquerading as her and is really pissed?

#35 Posted by daredevil21134 (10867 posts) - - Show Bio

@HexThis said:

I don't hate Helena Wayne but I don't see why a writer or editor would be so attached to her they'd choose her over Bertinelli. I mean, there's way more to substantiate Bertinelli! "A Cry For Blood", "No Man's Land", "Huntress: Year One", and the Birds of Prey- she was an amazing character.

Also, I've said this a million times but here's a million and one....it's never a good idea to give superheroes kids. Well, maybe Magneto or the Fantastic 4 or something but let's get real- Bruce Wayne shouldn't be responsible for kids. Adult Robins, adult Batgirls- thats OK but how is he supposed to be a 35 year old with an adult daughter and some little murderous shiza?

However, why should we take Helena Wayne's word for it that Helena Bertinelli is dead? Maybe she's just under the radar and found out someone's been masquerading as her and is really pissed?

I hope your right about HB

#36 Posted by Goldenboy_Prime (172 posts) - - Show Bio

So Huntress is another Wayne? Good now I have no reason to buy the comic, may Bertinelli rest in peace.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.