Follow

Huntress (Bertinelli)

Character » Huntress (Bertinelli) appears in 1166 issues.

Helena Bertinelli, born into one of Gotham's mafia families, became a spy and vigilante, destroying those that had killed her family. As a key member of the Birds of Prey, she has moved toward brutal, but non-lethal methods for fighting crime.

A good starting point for Helena?

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RainEffect

I've admired her character since my first encounter with her in the first Hush Batman arc. She seems like quite a powerful and well constructed character and if there is anything that attracts me in comics, it is characters with three dimensions. 

Where would be a good place to start with Helena Bertinelli? Preferably nothing ancient as old fashioned art often gets to me unless it is incredibly well constructed. Anyone got any great recommendations?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

Huntress: Year One.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By RainEffect
    @The Dark Huntress:
    I feel pretty stupid right about now.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By daredevil21134
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    Huntress: Year One.
    huntressfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By huntressfan

Batman/Huntress: Cry For Blood and Huntress Year One are great places to start since they deal with her origin, and the writing treats the character with the utmost care and respect. I would encourage you to get Paul Levitz The Huntress 6-issue miniseries beginning in October. I have a feeling we'll be clamouring for a solo after it's finished.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.