Follow

Hunter Rose

Character » Hunter Rose appears in 64 issues.

Hunter Rose succeeded at everything he ever tried, becoming a master fencer and famous writer. He started a criminal empire to sate his need for excitement, and became known as Grendel, the master crime lord and assassin of his age. His nemesis is Argent the wolf. Over the following centuries, many others followed in his footsteps and became new incarnations of Grendel.

Dark Horse and Dynamite Entertainment Announce GRENDEL VS THE SHADOW

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Grendel fans have a lot to be happy about today. Dark Horse Comics and Dynamite Entertainment have announced the return of Matt Wagner on an all-new Grendel story, written and drawn by the creator. And let's just be clear from the beginning, we're talking about the Hunter Rose version.

This won't be an ordinary Grendel story as Grendel will be immersed into the pulp-noir world of THE SHADOW.

No Caption Provided

Hunter Rose is a best-selling author but also secretly a masked assassin and criminal overlord known as Grendel. He will come into possession of an arcane artifact and find himself in a different world. Here, New York City has a different protector whose name is spoken in hushed whispers - The Shadow.

“Ever since the smash success of my two previous crossover events (with Batman), I’ve had many offers over the years to see Grendel cross blades with a varied host of other characters,” comments Grendel creator, Matt Wagner. “But none of those opportunities ever excited me as much as this possibility. I’ve been a huge fan of The Shadow for many, many years and my love of the character finally saw fruition when I got the chance to literally re-define his origins by writing The Shadow: Year One for Dynamite. To have the chance to both write and draw The Shadow facing my own creation is something of a dream come true! It's also adds yet another instant classic to my long legacy of Grendel projects with Dark Horse Comics.”

This will be a three-issue series released in three 48 page prestige format issues in 2014. We'll have to stay tuned for more information.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

What little I read of Mage I liked, his Green Hornet was good and I recently checked out Trinity. But never read Grendel and I feel pretty crappy about it. I'll have to put this on the back burner till I familiarize myself with the character. Sounds good though.

NoahMcnasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wish matt would just start an ongoing Grendel series. its been to long since we had Grendel on pull lists. DO IT

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Awh hellz yeah.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

What little I read of Mage I liked, his Green Hornet was good and I recently checked out Trinity. But never read Grendel and I feel pretty crappy about it. I'll have to put this on the back burner till I familiarize myself with the character. Sounds good though.

Dark Horse has been releasing Grendel series in omnibuses for $25 which is a great price for the amount of content.

BB

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
    manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else super excited to see the return of Hunter Rose (my favorite) Grendel?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've never read Grendel, but I'm loving Wagner's Year One story so i've give this crossover a try.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What little of Grendel I have read, I loved. Nice to see a new story. Now if only Wagner would release another volume of Mage....

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

What evil lurks is the heart of Grendel? THE SHADOW KNOWS!!!

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@billy_batson: I've seen those. It is a really good price. I'd like to finish reading his Madame Xanadu too.

redhood21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By redhood21

i want more grendel prime :( but very excite yes

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

My reaction to a T

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.