Is he really dead?

#1 Posted by hulk_beyond (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone should know this by now but:

He faced the Annihilation Wave and fell... or did he? 

Johnny's Supernova ability should have let him put up much more of a fight than they showed. I remember in Secret Invasion Johnny's ex Lyja was also in the Negative Zone. Unless these facts were completely overlooked Johnny could still be running around the Negative Zone.

If you read Fantastic Four #588:
#2 Posted by danhimself (22541 posts) - - Show Bio

I've had the feeling that he's not really dead since it went down...He's not dead unless there's a body and even then it's suspect

#3 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not dead, you'll see...

#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

He's dead, not only dead dead, but Uncle Ben dead.

#5 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" I've had the feeling that he's not really dead since it went down...He's not dead unless there's a body and even then it's suspect "
Co-Signed. Even on the off chance that he is dead, he wouldn't stay that way. Nobody does.
#6 Posted by StarKiller809 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

I would highley doubt that he is dead. I can't think of a single person who is as popular as him dying and not coming back, but maybe Marvel is going to try...
#7 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:

" @danhimself said:

" I've had the feeling that he's not really dead since it went down...He's not dead unless there's a body and even then it's suspect "
Co-Signed. Even on the off chance that he is dead, he wouldn't stay that way. Nobody does. "

Orly?
#8 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

why would he go naked then?

#9 Posted by hulk_beyond (89 posts) - - Show Bio

i doubt many characters will really die until Marvel or the comic industry as a whole decides to allow characters to reach old age and die of disease and what not. Til then: no one stays dead.

#10 Edited by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123:  As long as they're making Spiderman comics theres still a chance ;P

@Primmaster64 said:

" why would he go naked then? "

Cause thats how pimps roll
#11 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @InnerVenom123:  As long as they're making Spiderman comics theres still a chance ;P

@Primmaster64 said:

" why would he go naked then? "

Cause thats how pimps roll "
Lol
#12 Posted by AskaniSon295 (427 posts) - - Show Bio

he's as dead as Nightcrawler, Cable & Jean Grey.

#13 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm almost certain that every member of the FF has "died" at some point already. Don't know why there's so much hype about this one.

#14 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh please, Comics today have thrown out the significance of death. 
Instead we just have extended hiatus' in character re-appearences (Example: Steve Rogers).
#15 Edited by ComicMan24 (147090 posts) - - Show Bio

He is as dead as any other character who died and came back, because let's face it, we all know that he will come back eventually. The question is when.

#16 Posted by Billy Batson (58023 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" He is as dead as any other character who died and came back, because let's face it, we all know that he will come back eventually. The question is when. "
#17 Posted by Dakens son (433 posts) - - Show Bio
@hulk_beyond said:
" Everyone should know this by now but:

He faced the Annihilation Wave and fell... or did he? 

Johnny's Supernova ability should have let him put up much more of a fight than they showed. I remember in Secret Invasion Johnny's ex Lyja was also in the Negative Zone. Unless these facts were completely overlooked Johnny could still be running around the Negative Zone.

If you read Fantastic Four #588:
"
Don't sweat it bro,be 100% sure he will somehow come back.
What you said about negative zone was one assuption i had in my mind to but I don't think it'll be that easy.
#18 Edited by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

he'll come back next 2 years probably
#19 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadman1595 said:
" It's sicking why Johnny I mean of all the Fantastic Four. The Human Torch was my favorite and I'm  not ashamed to admit that I got teary eyed reading as Human Torch's said for the last time "Flame On"  

R.I.P Johnny you will be missed "
His death made most sense. If Reed had died(i wish he had) thenit would have too big of an impact on the MU, if Sue died Reed would go crazy and try to attack Namor and cause WW3, if Ben had died then the FF would have fell apart seeing as Ben was the FF's heart. Also, Johhny's death gave him more character as it shows he matured more, and took more responsibility.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.