Final Crisis Aftermath: Run! #1, Run Out And Get This

Posted by G-Man (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing like a douchey character to lighten up your day.  We don't have many comics like this nowadays. 

I'm really curious how this is going to end.  Will he get caught?  Who's going to catch him?  Will he somehow redeem himself?  What happens when J'onn returns?
#1 Posted by karasu_ (282 posts) - - Show Bio

hahahah dang G
this comic looks intense, and seriously interesting

you surely made me want to read it!

#2 Posted by inferiorego (28313 posts) - - Show Bio

again, at work, so I didn't watch the vid yet..
You know what sucks about this book? No one wants to read it because "final crisis" is in the title.
If this book was just called "Run" it would sell twice as many copies...

I read it, and I loved it... High recommend.

Staff
#3 Posted by Icarusflies (12513 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he is going to slip on a banana peel, hit a car, and die.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (225174 posts) - - Show Bio
I gotta check this comic out
#5 Posted by Darkchild (41470 posts) - - Show Bio

I got this and its freaking awesome i have a newfound respect fr the man now

#6 Posted by Dr. Maxwell (661 posts) - - Show Bio

GAH  so much hair, going to have to check this one out

#7 Posted by Decept-O (7294 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, G-Man,  haven't seen you this animated and happy about a comic in awhile.  Finally, a fun comic to check out.  The Human Flame--a douchebag?  Sounds like a kindred spirit! Bwaa Haa Haa!!

Anyhoo, gonna pick this one up after I see Star Trek tomorrow.  Yeah, buddy. (oh, and catch up on all the Green Lantern stuff). 

#8 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio

wheres the flash review?

#9 Posted by rouju (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, nice video, nice review. You make me want to dig that guy. I hope DC can keep the pace up, I mean 6 issue? And it's all about him running?

I wonder if this "Run!" is more apropriate to the Flash?

#10 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if you read final crisis it would explain the title...did i mention i love final crisis!?

#11 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first read the preview for this i was like wow this guy is an absolute dick ! Needless to say I pre-ordered it shortly afterwards. He even stole his little girl's bike. Say it with me now..."Asshole!"

#12 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha, interesting take on a villian

#13 Posted by Nightwolf3 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

definately an awesome book haha, i really enjoyed the first one

#14 Edited by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta check this out, thanks G-Man

#15 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a fun character for sure and it was work reading.

Still, I coulda done without 2 splash pages and one full two page splash.  There was really nothing epic enough in the book to merit that.  There could have been 4 more pages of storyline.

#16 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole concept was a little silly too.

Why would anybody be out to get the Human Flame?  He didn't kill the Martian Manhunter.  Libra did.  To a lesser extent, Dr. Light and Effigy did.  Human Flame just watched, same as Luthor, Sivana, Grodd and Ocean Master.  Why the hell would Luthor be after the Human Flame?

I kinda wanted that to be the joke.  Mike and his friend are talking about how the cops and all the superheroes and a lot of supervillains would be out to get him but it turns out that the heroes don't know who he is and the villains don't care about him.  Then he causes a lot of problems while running and that makes people in turn come after him.

Instead, we just have a lot of people illogically trying to hunt down the Human Flame.

#17 Posted by NightFang (10274 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.