WWH so what do we think?

• 52 results
#1 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

was it good? did we learn anything? has it changed the universe? where does hulk go from here? what does it say about sentry?

#2 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

i was pretty disappointed with the end. I liked that the Illuminati jerks got their just deserts, but the fact that one of the warbound set off the bomb was lame. I was hoping it was going to be some outside party responsible. It was just an excuse for Hulk to beat some ass.

#3 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it up till like the last 4-5 pages of issue 5.

#4 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I learned that the power of a million exploding suns can be unleashed in the middle of a city and it won't hurt anyone.

#5 Posted by The Golden Sentry (98 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it. I feel it gave out a good example of how powerful the hulk and sentry can be. But I still think that the sentry still hasn't shown his full power yet because he never used that amount of power before. So he didn't know how far he could go.

#6 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

The Golden Sentry says:

"I liked it. I feel it gave out a good example of how powerful the hulk and sentry can be. But I still think that the sentry still hasn't shown his full power yet because he never used that amount of power before. So he didn't know how far he could go."

Not even that. Sentry even looked like he was holding back.

#7 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't say that ec. I mean he evern said it that "Bruce you have to tell me something. Does it always feel this good when you finally let go?"

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Not even that. Sentry even looked like he was holding back."

The comic seems to say otherwise. First, when he was talking about how good it feels when you "finally let go", then the two pages in it where he talks about not being able to stop, and then the last part of their fight when he uses up all his energy and reverts to Bob-mode. If he were holding back, he'd have more to fight with; he wouldn't have run out of juice.

From a Newsarama interview (with the writer and editor):

"NRAMA: Also with the Sentry - he's pretty much beyond pain at this point, isn't he? After all, he's getting the crap kicked out of him too...GP: Yeah, he's reveling in the insane exhilaration of shedding all his inhibitions and finally unleashing all that power. But when the buzz wears off, those Hulk haymakers are gonna sting.NRAMA: The Sentry’s "Goodbye old friend" - what was that prelude to? I don't mean to sound like the guy who only saw the special effects and missed the story - but what happened to the Sentry and Hulk to change them back to Bob and Bruce? Was this Bruce consciously deciding to stop, to save the world by sending the Hulk away?GP: "Goodbye old friend" is the Sentry's way of saying that he figures they're both going to die now that he's unleashed his power so completely. Bob and Bruce appear because these two megaheavyweights have pounded each other so hard and so long that they've forced each other to revert to their respective puny human forms.MP: And thank God they weren’t naked!NRAMA: What an…interesting thing to bring up…"
#9 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84518 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it. I dont know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but the Hulk kicked the sh!t outta Wolverine in like three panels. god I loved that

#10 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
" Not even that. Sentry even looked like he was holding back."
The comic seems to say otherwise. First, when he was talking about how good it feels when you "finally let go", then the two pages in it where he talks about not being able to stop, and then the last part of their fight when he uses up all his energy and reverts to Bob-mode. If he were holding back, he'd have more to fight with; he wouldn't have run out of juice. From a Newsarama interview (with the writer and editor):
"NRAMA: Also with the Sentry - he's pretty much beyond pain at this point, isn't he? After all, he's getting the crap kicked out of him too... GP: Yeah, he's reveling in the insane exhilaration of shedding all his inhibitions and finally unleashing all that power. But when the buzz wears off, those Hulk haymakers are gonna sting. NRAMA: The Sentry’s "Goodbye old friend" - what was that prelude to? I don't mean to sound like the guy who only saw the special effects and missed the story - but what happened to the Sentry and Hulk to change them back to Bob and Bruce? Was this Bruce consciously deciding to stop, to save the world by sending the Hulk away? GP: "Goodbye old friend" is the Sentry's way of saying that he figures they're both going to die now that he's unleashed his power so completely. Bob and Bruce appear because these two megaheavyweights have pounded each other so hard and so long that they've forced each other to revert to their respective puny human forms. MP: And thank God they weren’t naked! NRAMA: What an…interesting thing to bring up…"
"

I don't know Buck, something about it didn't seem right, I honestly think he could've take down the Hulk. He spent so long babbling to Hulk that he let Hulk get some shots off but in reality he could've just continued pounding on Hulk. They might give him a power boost later on but I'm not sure. I still have some glimmer of hope for Sentry.

#11 Posted by The Golden Sentry (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I liked it. I dont know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but the Hulk kicked the sh!t outta Wolverine in like three panels. *god I loved that*"

was that in the Wwhulk:x-men? do you mind pm me the scans?

#12 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84518 posts) - - Show Bio

The Golden Sentry says:

"Gambler says:
"I liked it. I dont know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but the Hulk kicked the sh!t outta Wolverine in like three panels. *god I loved that*"

was that in the Wwhulk:x-men? do you mind pm me the scans?"

Yup, here ya go.

#13 Posted by The Golden Sentry (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh that is AWESOME! I have to get that comic.

#14 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

OWNED

#15 Posted by The Golden Sentry (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"OWNED"

Yea someone should edit that pic like make it an owned pic like the parralax beating superman with one punch lol. And you say "I will own you again and again" lol

#16 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I learned that the power of a million exploding suns can be unleashed in the middle of a city and it won't hurt anyone."

lol. A million exploding suns wont get you as far as they used to.

Eternal Chaos says:

"I don't know Buck, something about it didn't seem right, I honestly think he could've take down the Hulk. He spent so long babbling to Hulk that he let Hulk get some shots off but in reality he could've just continued pounding on Hulk. They might give him a power boost later on but I'm not sure. I still have some glimmer of hope for Sentry."

Interesting that the man who hates Superman would want Sentry to get a power boost.

#17 Posted by Patrick Mulligan (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Buckshot says:
"I learned that the power of a million exploding suns can be unleashed in the middle of a city and it won't hurt anyone."
lol. A million exploding suns wont get you as far as they used to. Eternal Chaos says:
"I don't know Buck, something about it didn't seem right, I honestly think he could've take down the Hulk. He spent so long babbling to Hulk that he let Hulk get some shots off but in reality he could've just continued pounding on Hulk. They might give him a power boost later on but I'm not sure. I still have some glimmer of hope for Sentry."
Interesting that the man who hates Superman would want Sentry to get a power boost."

He just plain old don't like dc lol. (this is Copy I'm using this account and the sentry account for a rpg)

#18 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Patrick Mulligan says:

"He just plain old don't like dc lol. (this is Copy I'm using this account and the sentry account for a rpg)"

Trying to catch Gambler in accounts?

#19 Posted by Patrick Mulligan (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Patrick Mulligan says:
"He just plain old don't like dc lol. (this is Copy I'm using this account and the sentry account for a rpg)"
Trying to catch Gambler in accounts?"

No. Just using this on in a rpg.

#20 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Which one?

#21 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"The Golden Sentry says:
"Gambler says:
was that in the Wwhulk:x-men? do you mind pm me the scans?"
Yup, here ya go. "

that should happen to wolverine every time, and with just one punch. either that or he should fly ten or twenty miles when hulk hits him :)

#22 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe not that far, but I agree.

#23 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Buckshot says:
lol. A million exploding suns wont get you as far as they used to. Eternal Chaos says:
Interesting that the man who hates Superman would want Sentry to get a power boost."

I just hate Superman. I like Sentry and would like him be more powerful. He's parading around with his million exploding suns, so I want a million exploding suns.

#24 Posted by Patrick Mulligan (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Which one?"

Crossover.

#25 Posted by Patrick Mulligan (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Maybe not that far, but I agree."

I agree to the going far part. But knocking him out with one punch I don't agree with.

#26 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

Staff
#27 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

From the looks of him he only has a fraction of one exploding sun. A million would make him considerably more powerful than Superman.

#28 Posted by Patrick Mulligan (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Forever says:
"From the looks of him he only has a fraction of one exploding sun. A million would make him considerably more powerful than Superman."
I'm not complaining."

Lmao. Well it looks like this proves it that ec doesn't like superman because he is so powerful. He just plain old don't like him lol.

#29 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"From the looks of him he only has a fraction of one exploding sun. A million would make him considerably more powerful than Superman."

I'm not complaining.

#30 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Patrick Mulligan says:

"Forever says:
"Which one?"

Crossover."

Looks interesting.

G-Man says:

""

lol WWH isn't as good as I was hoping it would be.

Patrick Mulligan says:

"I agree to the going far part. But knocking him out with one punch I don't agree with."

I think he should. If he's hit by someone with Hulk's strength, if only for a few minutes. The harder he's hit and the more times in a brief period of time, the longer it should take him to heal.

#31 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Patrick Mulligan says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Forever says:
I'm not complaining."
Lmao. Well it looks like this proves it that ec doesn't like superman because he is so powerful. He just plain old don't like him lol."

Yeah, it evolved into that with time.

#32 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Patrick Mulligan says:
"Forever says:
"Which one?"
Crossover."
Looks interesting. G-Man says:
""
lol WWH isn't as good as I was hoping it would be. Patrick Mulligan says:
"I agree to the going far part. But knocking him out with one punch I don't agree with."
I think he should. If he's hit by someone with Hulk's strength, if only for a few minutes. The harder he's hit and the more times in a brief period of time, the longer it should take him to heal."

That I can agree with.

#33 Posted by Patrick Mulligan (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey am I the only one who thinks the juggernaut look dumb in that pic?

#34 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"I think he should. If he's hit by someone with Hulk's strength, if only for a few minutes. The harder he's hit and the more times in a brief period of time, the longer it should take him to heal."

exactly!

Patrick Mulligan says:

"Hey am I the only one who thinks the juggernaut look dumb in that pic?"

that he wasnt drawn well? i guess...

#35 Posted by Patrick Mulligan (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Forever says:
"I think he should. If he's hit by someone with Hulk's strength, if only for a few minutes. The harder he's hit and the more times in a brief period of time, the longer it should take him to heal."
exactly! Patrick Mulligan says:
that he wasnt drawn well? i guess..."

No its not that. Its just that I never seen the juggernaut fighting without his armor.

#36 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol then no i didnt think he looked stupid

#37 Posted by Patrick Mulligan (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"lol then no i didnt think he looked stupid"

Well I guess dumb was a bad choice of words. Weird is a better word choice for this lol.

#38 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like his clothes, they look weird.

#39 Posted by Patrick Mulligan (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"I don't like his clothes, they look weird. "

That's another reason. To me he kind of looks like a red neck guy.

#40 Posted by Patrick Mulligan (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"maybe he is a redneck. they are out there you know!"

I know lol. I just really never seen him outside of his armor so him looking like a red neck was a surprise to me lol.

#41 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe he is a redneck. they are out there you know!

#42 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol yeah his taste in clothes was kinda surprising

#43 Posted by Amazing Spider--Man (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"lol yeah his taste in clothes was kinda surprising"

He would've looked better in black jeans, some boots and tanktop.

#44 Posted by Fan-boy (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I think what makes me disappointed of the ending to WWH is the number of spin offs Marvel's putting out.

The Red Hulk.

3 different After Smashes.

Skaar, Son of Hulk.

And what's this "Incredible Herc" thing?

C'mon Marvel, if you need really need to tell a story, leave it all in one series.
Post Edited:2007-12-16 14:14:09

#45 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

Patrick Mulligan says:

"Apparition says:
"Forever says:
exactly! Patrick Mulligan says:
that he wasnt drawn well? i guess..."
No its not that. Its just that I never seen the juggernaut fighting without his armor. "

then you obviously haven't read around issues #403-407, I think ,where juggy was working for, trying to think, might have been red skull, and was in his civies, as in jeans and t-shirt, and manhandled greengenes like a little school girl! (supposedly cause it through hulkie off the fact that he wasn't in his juggernaut armour)

#46 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

ps, that was issues 403-407 of incredible hulk! sorry!

#47 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the series finally showed what unleashed Hulk can do. His strength is technically limtless. As far as the Sentry, I like the character, but this power of a million exploding suns, I don't think so. Marvel needs to really take the time to give a correct account of his popwer level. I mean, he's suppose to be Marvel's Superman not Marvel's new cosmic being. If he can take the Hulk it should be somewhere on the line of Doomsday and Superman (not without some major damage to himself and barely beating him). But not this almost insane Hulk. I loved the series.

#48 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

i thank he was holding back as well, maybe cuz him and hulk was friends? that he did not want to kill wwhulk or something?? well some superheros sometimes they be wining in battles or get beat and still be holding back.

#49 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked WWH. The ending could have been better. I mean, with all the trouble and damage that Hulk has caused, the ending should have been pivotal, rather than just sending him miles beneath the Earth...

#50 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked it , but started to soon i mean right after civil war

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.