Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Would you want Skaar as an Avenger

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Would you want Skaar to be an avengers member.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm indifferent to that. I'd like to see more of him, but not necessarily as an Avengers.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By fodigg

World War Hulk was amazing and Skaar is, well, not. He's kind of ho-hum. A-bomb is more interesting to me.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can we get back to Hulk and She-Hulk being the mean greens please. Forget Skaar, Rulk, she-rulk and A-bomb they are unnecessary.

Secretly red hulk has slowly been growing on me.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest i don't really like any of the Hulk clones, i don't hate them(except Red Hulk) but i am more or less indifferent to them... Just like the Batman clones and Spiderman clones and many, MANY Superman clones they are all inferior in some way or another to the original and true sometimes they can be good some might consider them even better but at the end of the day they only made those characters because of the popularity of the original. Not that Hulk isn't inspired by the Frankenstein monster and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, but he is still his own characters. Skaar, Rulk, She Hulk, Red She Hulk, A-bomb, etc... are all more or less Hulk with a different color and gender....

Anyway that's my take on the matter, i understand if someone else feels different.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By IAmTheLaw

Skaar is the only other Hulk that I actually like (She Hulk too, I suppose). What I don't like, is the recent showings that have been far from impressive. He could be a legit powerhouse. I don't want him in The Avengers though.

Still, if I had my way, we'd only have the original.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By GreenScar1990

I could see him on the current Mighty Avengers team. But other than that, Skaar is more of a loner that only occasionally teams with other heroes when needed (like his father the Hulk). However, I would love to see him star alongside X-23 in a ongoing comic series. I think they'd have great chemistry and a potential romance between them would be touching given both of their tragic lives. Skaar and X-23 are kindred spirits, which is why I'd like to see them meet and interact with one another.

And I still don't get why some people don't like him. Skaar is awesome! There's so much that can be explored with his character. He not only has his father, the Hulk, strength but also his mother Caiera's Old Power. That combination makes him a legit powerhouse, definitely alongside fellow Mega Class heroes like Hulk, Thor, etc.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By westy206

@greenscar1990: being powerful doesn't mean interesting. End of the day he is and always will be the barbarian hulk, one writers idea of another version of the hulk and for that reason alone he is deemed unworthy of page time and readers time. Why read Hulk-B when you can read Hulk-A?

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@westy206: I have to disagree with you there, dude. Skaar is an interesting character. Yeah, on the surface he's appears only to be barbarian Hulk, but he's actually a lot more than that. And I'm not merely talking about power. In terms of character potential, he's got plenty to work with and develop further. And I know there's quite a few who would like to see him with X-23 in a series, as the two share similarities that would compliment each other as well as differences that'd show how similar, yet different they are.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prefer him as a Young Avenger.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: I wasn't saying that's how I see him, I'm saying that's what any ones gonna think without reading his comics. Hulk is so well known now and I think the fact the sight of him looks like a Hulk but its not the Hulk will put new readers off.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He made a brief appearance (amongst a whole slew of other teenage/young adult superheroes) in Young Avengers. The title is coming to an end (Young Avengers) but I think he wouldn't have made a good fit considering Hulking is already there (existential crisis aside).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.