Would WWH have turned out the same if Captain America was around?

#1 Posted by CannotSpellMyName (92 posts) - - Show Bio

During World War Hulk, when Rick Jones told the Hulk that Captain America was dead, the Hulk actually looked quite distraught and couldn't think of anything to reply. This was one of the few moments in WWH where the Hulk momentarily forgot about his rage. Could the whole series of events have turned out differently if Cap was there? Would he be able to reason with the Hulk, making a quicker end to the conflict? Would he come up with different tactics to take the Hulk down? Or would he just be another obstacle whom the Green King would walk over?

#2 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

though i don't think things would have changed much , i think cap would have the biggest effect on hulk and it is possible the cap might have reasoned with the hulk,cap would have also been mad at tony and reed for launching him into space , but since rick couln't stop him i doubt cap could have, but things might have gone differently, maybe the hulk would have been less severe

#3 Posted by Fifthchild (618 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a good point. Though its hard to discuss because in one sense a lot of things would probably have been different if Cap had been around at this time.

I definitely think that Cap is the guy with the best chance of reaching across that divide between Hulk and the other heroes. Theres obviously a lot of resentment in general from Hulk towards the "hero community" and Cap isn't totally exempt from that by any means but i think hes much more likely to stop, listen and accept any blame if he thought it might be deserved. He also didn't have anything to do with the Illuminati's decisions and doubtless would have been pretty mad himself over some of the things they had taken it upon themselves to do. Hell given the way things were between Cap and the winners of Civil War I wouldn't be too shocked if he joined Hulk's side. Almost.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.