Why Was WWH So Powerful?

#1 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, he fought and destroyed almost everybody, kicked the living crap out of X-23, easily beat teams, etc....

#2 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, if first you get banished and then get your new planet and wife blown up im guessing you'd be pretty angry as well. In Hulks case, he just gets stronger the angrier he gets.

#3 Edited by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Because WWH would have been a shockingly bad story arch if he was a push over!!! well more shockingly bad

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12770 posts) - - Show Bio

He was pretty much the ultimate version of Hulk, (not Ultimate comics) He was intelligent, trained in combat, confident etc.

#5 Posted by Frozen (13251 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow: Whaaat...WWH was great..
#6 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frozen: Planet Hulk was good, WWH was poorly written and had lots of plot holes and PIS. But I am not a big Hulk fan and loved planet hulk but hated WWH, it could easily be forgotten about and would have no real effect on current storylines.

#7 Posted by Frozen (13251 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow said:

@Frozen: Planet Hulk was good, WWH was poorly written and had lots of plot holes and PIS. But I am not a big Hulk fan and loved planet hulk but hated WWH, it could easily be forgotten about and would have no real effect on current storylines.

Yeah he did beat up a-lot of people, but I liked the concept of WWH, and his character has been used in the Battle-Forums a-lot, WWH has really stuck with a-lot of Hulk fans. Although I felt Planet-Hulk had a better storyline, for some reason I enjoyed WWH a-lot more. But that's just me...
#8 Edited by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frozen: I think the concept of WWH was a great one, after the events of Planet Hulk I was looking forward to the WWH event, but Marvel just dropped the ball in my eyes, they had a chance to really build on the Hulk persona and show us another side of him. All the rage and anger and with a great story already built up from the last event how could it go wrong... Well LOL. It's just me I just don't like the easy way out, I think marvel need to work a lot harder on Character emotions and devloping them as individuals instead of going with the stero-type for that character. Sentry and Hulk are prime examples of them taking an easy way out instead of building them up. But we all have are own reason for enjoying comics :D

#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Bruce and the Hulk were both completely alligned in their goals. They were both mad, they both loved Caiera, and they both wanted revenge. WWH was Bruce Banner's unrestrained rage taken form.

#10 Posted by Jake Fury (18620 posts) - - Show Bio

He was completely focused. Or what FTBB said....
#11 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Because Bruce and the Hulk were both completely alligned in their goals. They were both mad, they both loved Caiera, and they both wanted revenge. WWH was Bruce Banner's unrestrained rage taken form.

well said
#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: Thanks =]
#13 Posted by SC (13110 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Greg Pak is a huge and genuine Hulk fan who loves that character so much and unlike most other writers is more than happy to take solid grounds and positions on something that a lot of comics fans are also emotionally invested in, and thats who can beat who and who should beat who? World War Hulk was his biggest opportunity to date to demonstrate this?? 

Moderator
#14 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

He recently admitted that he was holding back during the events of WWH.

#15 Posted by AssertingValor (5392 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross
im pretty sure killing people is as mad as  u can get,  how can u get madder than mad enough to kill  people,  hulk has been making death threats his whole career..............
#16 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he was really, really, REALLY pissed off. 

#17 Posted by seekquaze (612 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk was really pissed off and the other heroes acted like idiots when fighting him.  Seriously, the best Reed and T'challa can come up with in twenty-four hours is a shiny light bulb? 

#18 Posted by kaiserg (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
Because Greg Pak is a huge and genuine Hulk fan who loves that character so much and unlike most other writers is more than happy to take solid grounds and positions on something that a lot of comics fans are also emotionally invested in, and thats who can beat who and who should beat who? World War Hulk was his biggest opportunity to date to demonstrate this?? 
Got that right, and with all due respect to all other Characters that Hulk beat up (ie. X-men, wolverine, Juggernaut, Sentry,Colossus) he showed respect to the strength's of every other character that he beat up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.