Why on earth did they make hulk stupid again?

#1 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

See... it wasnt too long ago he was making sentences & talking to people & now...

WHY? WHY? they just undid tons of character development... as an idiot he has little to no personally outside of being angry like... come now

he doesn't have to be genius but at least be smart enough to have a conversation with -______-

#2 Posted by z1co80 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Although i love Savage Hulk i am currently reading Bill Mantlo's run with the Intelligent Hulk and it's brilliant.

Think i still slightly prefer Savage but Intelligent has been a pleasant surprise as i didn't know whether i'd like it.

#3 Posted by geoff2005 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe to match the avengers movie and bring in new readers?

#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@geoff2005 said:

Yeah, they're pretty much just doing this...

#5 Posted by _Zombie_ (10442 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda stopped caring about Hulk when Aaron pulled the Dr. Doom brain surgery bullsht.

#6 Edited by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@geoff2005 said:

Yeah, they're pretty much just doing this...

you would think that but... i saw that stupid looking hulk armor hulk was wearing in marvel now. thats bound to confuse new readers more than anything else...

@ZombieBigfoot: I actually Kinda liked that arc it was something different & some what creative in my opinion

@z1co80: I hear you but its just idk... he was having convos with banner & dooms daughter & now...

hes fighting with wolverine about cake... he was doing so well :(

I wonder if he even remembers world war hulk or is he just thinking about smashing?

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Kinda stopped caring about Hulk when Aaron pulled the Dr. Doom brain surgery bullsht.

that arc is over,, and we are getting something mush better , so lets forget that stupid arc forever, and look into the future,

besides hulk and bruce are back together

#8 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

as mush as i love savage hulk, they pulled this stupid move because the writers on AvX were hacks.....it's easy to change hulk since he has multiple personalities, but i i;m sure wwh is somewhere in banners had, maybe he is repressing him again

#9 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA said:

See... it wasnt too long ago he was making sentences & talking to people & now...

WHY? WHY? they just undid tons of character development... as an idiot he has little to no personally outside of being angry like... come now

he doesn't have to be genius but at least be smart enough to have a conversation with -______-

Where's the image from?

#10 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_Gui_1: AvX

#11 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Greg Pack's Hulk, I really did. Hulk finally found a compromise with Banner, he finally accepted who he was. But the other day I read Avengers Assemble with Thanos as a major threat and I was greatly disappointed. The Hulk speaks like 4 year old again(((( Why they make him retarded again is beyond me..... I like him smash things without taking then

#12 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2950 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked him better smart..

#13 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

Most people who watch movies don't care to pick up a comic.

#14 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of writers are going green

they recycle everything

#15 Posted by Takao0815 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

I findes well that the old Hulk does not disappear.

It meant waiting even once the over 1000 Hulks in Banner subconscious.

I'm concerned he could ruig often weckseln personality.

The Hulk-the-beast could come ruig sometimes free.

Think it would be intresting if a good hulk Semite himself in the fight would turn into an evil Hulk weckseln and then the sides would.

Needs but a good author. After all, to the Hulks yes differ not only in the look and the attitude. The-beast-Hulk one may like to note the joy-be finally free. Or the despair he must resist in Banner head.

#16 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe they made him dumb because Red Hulk is too smart. So they have to balance it out a bit.

Even though both are genius' in their fields.

Scew it, Marvel dropped the ball on this.

#17 Posted by PaperDemon (610 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk just wasent meant to be smart. His main quality is strength when the accident happened. Something had to be sacrificed or it just wouldnt work.

#18 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really like Hulk being dumb, but dumb Hulk is better for heart-warming stories. Does that make sense? Lol.

#19 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7828 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!!!!!!! Hulk is dumb again.

Best Hulk = Savage Hulk.

Smart Hulk is boring.

#20 Posted by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio

And so once again Marvel undos character development for the sake of iconografy. Spoony was right. NOTHING IN COMICS EVER CHANGES!

#21 Posted by Franchise1590 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Smart Hulk = Better, more respected Hulk.

I feel he appeals to more people who may not even like Hulk when he's smart.

He doesn't even need to be smart, just not retarded. Let him form sentences and have more personality for a while.

#22 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

.....Comic books are a lot like soap operas or Pro-wrestling sometimes you have to job out so others can shine..

#23 Posted by briangsharon (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Intelligent hulk is over powered. He might as well be "Beast" With stronger powers.

"Stupid" Hulk allows writers to write a complex character where as Bruce he is a genius but frail and as the hulk he is powerful and stupid.

#24 Posted by Dernman (15072 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer a dumber Hulk it which allows a better dynamic with Bruce Banner. 
I hate it when they make Hulk smart. I also absolutely hated it when they tried to make Banner the bad one. 
Hulk should be the result of Banners suppressed rage and shouldn't be treated as two separate beings even if Hulk thinks he is.

#25 Posted by PowerHerc (83461 posts) - - Show Bio

Because, due to the popularity of the movies and the corporate mantra of trying to make the most money right now, this very moment, that's how the public knows, thinks of, remembers and want the Hulk to be: Stupid.

It's a sad, shameful thing, really.

#26 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Because, due to the popularity of the movies and the corporate mantra of trying to make the most money right now, this very moment, that's how the public knows, thinks of, remembers and want the Hulk to be: Stupid.

It's a sad, shameful thing, really.

that it is, though i love a savage hulk, it's a major devolution of a character, hope hulk is still gravge in indestructible hulk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.