Why It Is Plausible That Hulk Could Lift Mjolnir

• 116 results
#101 Posted by Seraph7 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Your train of thought is just wrong. For one thing, weight has absolutely nothing to do with lifting Mjolnir. It doesn't matter how much the hammer weighs or how strong you are. It can only be lifted by those deemed worthy, so I have no clue as to why gravity would have any kind of relevance whatsoever. Only real answer is simply very poor writing, and 90% of the time that's usually what you get from Jeph Loeb.

With that being said, Hulk can become so strong that one punch from him would destroy the universe, hes still not gonna lift the hammer.

End of story.

#102 Posted by AssertingValor (5446 posts) - - Show Bio

Omg

#103 Posted by Kyzuko (120 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no strength factor in this equation. You have to discard it completely as the enchantment has nothing to do with it. Also, Hulk cannot get angry enough to become stronger to overpower Odin's magic. It doesn't work that way and it will never way.

Another thing, Rulk never really did wield Mjolnir. It was floating in space and he just grabbed hold of it.

#104 Posted by Takao0815 (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though Hulk is stronger than Odin's magic he can not lift the hammer.

Tens high he travels a hole in the planet.

#105 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (296 posts) - - Show Bio

@Takao0815: Hulk has never been stronger than Odin's magic and never will be.

#106 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Seraph7: @Kyzuko: A magical enchantment can be overpowered by something more powerful than the enchanter. Hulk's infinite potential strength means that if angry enough, he would become more powerful than Odin. That said, I cannot think of a circumstance in which Hulk could become that angry. Also, Rulk did wield it as shown by the lightning when it hit Thor.

#107 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34915 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Hulk could lift it if he ever met the criteria that is required to become "worthy"  

#108 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18676 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

@Seraph7: @Kyzuko: A magical enchantment can be overpowered by something more powerful than the enchanter. Hulk's infinite potential strength means that if angry enough, he would become more powerful than Odin. That said, I cannot think of a circumstance in which Hulk could become that angry. Also, Rulk did wield it as shown by the lightning when it hit Thor.

there is no circumstance where hulk could become that angry, it's take too long, meaning a writer cannot portray it easily.

rulk welded it in zero gravity, under loebs writing , and he failed to do it on earth during the scorched earth arc. :)

#109 Posted by Kyzuko (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: If someone was stronger than Odin magic-wise then yeah, I guess someone can remove the enchantment but in the end, as stated before, Hulk can become so powerful that he can destroy the universe with one blow but if he's not worthy, he is not lifting that hammer.

#110 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kyzuko: As powerful as Odin may be, he isn't powerful enough to destroy the universe. If Hulk got that angry he would be able to overpower the enchantment.

@TheAcidSkull: There is gravity in space - an extremely small amount but Rulk and Thor's presence meant that it was there. Thus, Rulk overpowered it due to the incredibly low amount of gravity.

#111 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18676 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

@Kyzuko: As powerful as Odin may be, he isn't powerful enough to destroy the universe. If Hulk got that angry he would be able to overpower the enchantment.

@TheAcidSkull: There is gravity in space - an extremely small amount but Rulk and Thor's presence meant that it was there. Thus, Rulk overpowered it due to the incredibly low amount of gravity.

i wouldn't trust loebs writing :P, he did make rulk do crazy things, but i see your point.

#112 Posted by Paracelsus (1273 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY should Hulk(Red or Green) NEED Mjolnir anyway-surely he is supremely powerful in his own right???

Terry

#113 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Paracelsus said:

WHY should Hulk(Red or Green) NEED Mjolnir anyway-surely he is supremely powerful in his own right???

Terry

I'm not saying he needs to, just making a case for why it could happen.

#114 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

Strength can't overcome the enchantment. Hela with the friggin twilight sword at her command couldn't overcome it. You need to be worthy. That's all there is to it. Even if you move it in space, its powers can't be used. It just becomes movable.

#115 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fernando072295REBORN said:

Strength can't overcome the enchantment. Hela with the friggin twilight sword at her command couldn't overcome it. You need to be worthy. That's all there is to it. Even if you move it in space, its powers can't be used. It just becomes movable.

In Marvel, the situation is that a superior force to whatever casted an enchantment can overpower it. Hulk's infinite potential strength means that, if angry enough, he will eventually surpass Odin. Admittedly, I don't see a situation in which Hulk gets that angry (I wouldn't be surprised if Odin brutally killing everyone Hulk has ever known did't work) but it is technically within his power set.

Also, I'm not saying that Hulk would then be able to wield Mjolnir's power, only it - though that said, Rulk used its power in space.

#116 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: That becomes a no limit fallacy though. Since even with the Hulk's limitless strength being part of his powerset, he's never displayed the sort of strength that would put him at the level needed to even come close to such a feat. Going by technicalities though, yeah you're right he could lift it with time since his strength has no limit.

That was PIS though. No one gains worthiness due to being in space.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.