Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7768 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Why is the Hulk your favourite character? (Hulk fans)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Bezza

..Well I will kick off by saying that It started with the 1970s TV show and basically being banned by mom and dad from watching it, fuelled an interest. That and the greek tragedy element of Banner and Hulk, the Jekyll and Hyde element and the simple fact that a weedy geek changing into a green rage machine is so cool!! Having a temper myself I totally identify with Bruce "You wont like me when I am angry" Banner. I grew up with Hulk, Batman, Spiderman, Wonder Woman and Superman, as they were all either on TV or on film during my childhood. I still love all of those characters, but Hulk just a little bit more.

No Caption Provided

Here's my little collection of green Hulks which holds pride of place on my telly! (notice 70s décor in background!!)

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Because he use to destroys everything. I like when Hulk is solo then on some lame team. I like how nobody can control him. Lately I've been liking villains more than heroes. I think Hulk one of the very few heroes i like. Well half the time its hard to say Hulk is a hero in the old comics.

Figgs216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I wouldn't say Hulk is my favorite character but I always liked Hulk's origin. Saving Rick Jones from becoming the Hulk was the bravest thing Bruce could do saving someone he didn't even know and also the worst thing he could ever do because that one moment changed his life forever. And no matter what happened Hulk would of been born that day wither it was Rick or Bruce. And of course Bruce created the very bomb that transformed him. So he created himself, if they was one person who would love to go back in time it would be Bruce.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By tensor

The main reason I like Hulk, is that you see this small little man Bruce Banner and people just push him around or bully him thinking he is a wimp.Then bam the Hulk comes out and is like who is your daddy.He is a Super Hero you do not see coming I always like that about Hulk.It is not like all the others where you know they got powers and stand out like.You will never know what hits you until it is too late.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hulk is not my favorite but he is in my top ten.Mainly because of the Jekyll and Hyde factor I really liked that aspect, also because Bruce is a genius who wants to contribute to science and the world, while Hulk is a giant who just wants to be left alone and I love that dual aspect to this character. He is different from other heroes as well, while other heroes do it for a sense of righteousness or heroism or even money like Wade, Hulk does what Hulk wants or needs at least in older comics. I actually really started liking him through rivalries with other heroes such as Namor and Thor. I loved him in Defenders!

hulk465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hulk465

Hulk is my favorite comic hero ever because he is the ultimate underdog. Unlike other characters he don't NEED-

A suit of armor

Magical powers

A hammer

A belt with gadgets

To be an alien

No Caption Provided

Hulk is just bad a$$ without all those things and he's a team buster. I always like Frankenstein and Jekyll and Hyde when I was young and Hulk is both on overdrive. I also been collecting Hulk stuff for years and now I have a Hulk room.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the hulk because he is a hero in many ways. Brains and mucle if one does not work he can work the other angle. He can build crazy gadgets and also kick some ass. Not much a fan of the brain dead Hulk however like any child throwing out a tantrum but the smart Hulk was by far a good read. Hated red hulk felt like I needed my money back from that story line. Why they took the real Hulk and put red hulk on as the lead wasted my money and my time. Kind of like what they are about to do with Thor.

angrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A guy that can punch you with a force hard enough to launch you into orbit..........................................

is definitely right up there

Nickgreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HE SMASHES EVERYTHING IN HIS WAY .

HE IS INDESTRUCTIBLE .

HE CAN"T BE STOPPED WHEN HE IS IN RAGE MODE .

HE IS THE STRONGEST THERE IS URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His strength is sooo broken that he can break anything.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Schwarz

The strongest there is.

I also like the fact that a lot of people like to lowball the Hulk all the time and BANG he shows amasing power feats. I like seeing comic book noobs try to argue why their beloved character got beaten by hulk. Example: the Sentry hahaha... omg the excuses these people can come up with. I already hear the little girls crying over the Hulk vs Thanos series running right now hehehe ! Whatever happens Hulk will once again make the haters cry !

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Supi

He is the strongest,the most complex and tragic character in comics..In a world full of human mosters this monster is more human that everyone...

As Peter David said:

''The Hulk has always represented both the best and worst of us...Dedication to those who are friends,endless resentment to those who are enemies,and boundless rage against that which gets in our way or tries to hurt us..."

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every character is my favorite character in all honestly.

I like the character and think his power is very unique. The angrier you get the stronger, I always thought that was pretty cool about him.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's the strongest there is ;) Anyways the most powerful hero in the MU.

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
    UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I like Hulk because he's usually an underdog. He knows how to overcome his obstacle which is why he is such a great character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.