Why is Hulk green?

#1 Posted by HulkHater (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk gets angry but why does he go green?

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

sooo many sarcastic remarks about the Hulk...

must... restrain... myself...

M

#3 Posted by HulkHater (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i cant help it if he's so crap can i? And do you have an answer on why he turns Green?!

#4 Posted by HulkHater (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

HulkHater says:

"Well i cant help it if he's so crap can i? And do you have an answer on why he turns Green?!"

because it would be too obvious if he was red? sarcasm sorry couldn't help it

#6 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is the sky blue? Why are some flowers yellow? What makes the earth move?

#7 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Just like colt python said: The hulk is green because of the gamma radiation. (My teacher told me this)

#8 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

HulkHater says:

"Well i cant help it if he's so crap can i? And do you have an answer on why he turns Green?!"

What character(s) do you like?

#9 Posted by The_Absolute (892 posts) - - Show Bio

When Hulk was first created he was gray, but the publishers had trouble getting that gray color to print, so Stan Lee simply decided to make him a more print-friendly color: green. That's it.

#10 Posted by Clantern (666 posts) - - Show Bio

So really the hulk is grey because Marvel only had one computer and printer at the time, and ran out of ink. sarcasim, people say it's the lowest form of witt, i think it's great :D

But on a serious note, green is a bit of a dodgy colour when turning angry, because green is a mix of blue and yellow (i'm not insulting anyones intelligence btw) but blue nor yellow have anything associated with anger, it is mainly red, or on occasion black, i only know this because my mum works with children, and teaches them how to express themselves and stuff.

#11 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

HulkHater says:

Honestly, I watched an interview with Stan Lee. Hulk was originally grey but the guy coloring the comics couldn't keep it the right shade of grey or something so they had to change the color. Stan Lee chose Green cause at the time most his characters were using colors like red and blue.
#12 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Gray was too expensive originally, I believe was the reason why Hulk turned green.

#13 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't anybody else think this is a pointless forum

I mean i don't like the Hulk much myself, but like 'Nobody' said it's because of the radiation.

#14 Posted by Kraven (517 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk's skin was grey in issue #1 because Stan Lee wanted a colour that didn't insinuate any race.

But because of printing technology in the day, the colour grey couldn't be consistently maintained.

The colourist suggested Lee switch to Green which would be easier to produce on the press.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.