Why doesn't Hulk turns in Bruce Banner in Planet Hulk?

#1 Posted by KickAss3 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, someone know this? Iam trying to find an answer for this but it just doesn't make sense, the story is amazing, one of my favorite of Hulk, the character is built so well and the art, even the animation is cool, but I can't find the relation in this, even in the last stories of Hulk, when he can't turn back in Bruce Banner because the injurie in his brain, the piece of metal that can't be took off, was solved a long time before he goes to Sakaar, so, someone know that? I found something that really point it, asking ''What if Hulk doesn't turn back in Bruce Banner?'' but don't says why, and I couldn't discover it in the comics or the animated movie, so it is just unknowed or that is some reason for be like Hulk everytime in that planet? That is what I was wondering about this comic book.

#2 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

I read somewhere, can't remember where now for the life of me, that the planet was so extreme and terrifying that Banner basically gave the Hulk part of his brain complete control in order to survive.

#3 Posted by KickAss3 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking: Dude, thank you very much, this acttualy makes a lot of sense, I couldn't find this anywhere, as I wrote there, there was just a question like: ''What if Hulk doesn't turn back in Bruce Banner?'' And this makes sense, you know, in the beginning I was thinking that was because those device for control the gladiators, but is is took off in the end.

#4 Posted by Rasarima (371 posts) - - Show Bio

@KickAss3 said:

Hey, someone know this? Iam trying to find an answer for this but it just doesn't make sense, the story is amazing, one of my favorite of Hulk, the character is built so well and the art, even the animation is cool, but I can't find the relation in this, even in the last stories of Hulk, when he can't turn back in Bruce Banner because the injurie in his brain, the piece of metal that can't be took off, was solved a long time before he goes to Sakaar, so, someone know that? I found something that really point it, asking ''What if Hulk doesn't turn back in Bruce Banner?'' but don't says why, and I couldn't discover it in the comics or the animated movie, so it is just unknowed or that is some reason for be like Hulk everytime in that planet? That is what I was wondering about this comic book.

Hey man, read this

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/rasarima/hulk-s-tranformation/87-76837/

#5 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rasarima: Wow, thats very interresting, ive not really read much Marvel, and i was never really familiar with Hulk, ive seen the movies, read a comic or two, seen all the animated movies he appeared in but thats all.

After reading your link, im actually really intrigued...

#6 Edited by KickAss3 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rasarima: Makes a lot of sense man, actually is basicaly what said there, somehow banner let Hulk take control because of his power and together they could survive. Now, this post that you sent helped a lot. Thank you, dude.

#7 Edited by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@KickAss3: @Nudeviking said:

I read somewhere, can't remember where now for the life of me, that the planet was so extreme and terrifying that Banner basically gave the Hulk part of his brain complete control in order to survive.

No. The Producers of the movie stated that the Red Planet was inhospitable to humans(any human would instantly die because its a poisonous atmosphere to humans) so Hulk stays tHulk the entire time because in human form, Bruce would've been killed.

#8 Posted by NeonBlade (172 posts) - - Show Bio

He did turn into Banner on Planet Hulk, only a few times however, he reverted to Banner when his wife asked to see what he really looked like.

#9 Posted by WorldWarHulk (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hulk only turns into Banner cause he wants to not because he has to at least that is what I thought after on the comic where all the other humans died and Bruce Banner was the only person left on Earth fighting evolved roaches everynight and when he thought Banner was gonna die of old age and thereby kill him he took over forever Banner seemed happy to die too because he was so old at least thats what i thought but Hulk took over anyway.

#10 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah that's kinda the same thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.