Why all the hate for Big Green???

#1 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

i've recently noticed that hulk is getting a lot of hate and a lot of people even hate him now, i still think hulk is cool and the STRONGEST THERE IS!!!

#2 Edited by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Hulk....but only because he was a childhood favorite. But to be honest nowadays....Its really hard to get in touch with his character...I mean what has really changed about him?

I get angry...can't control myself...sometimes i cooperate....i want to be alone....hate banner.....

I mean even Deadpool these days makes a bigger impact on the Marvel Universe than Hulk. He helps out X-force and gets jobs done. So what if Hulk were to disappear from the Marvel Universe? What would really change? He contributes absolutely nothing in this period of time. Nothing at all would change if he were to just go off planet again. His character has really reached the point of pointless and useless. Yes. You are strong and angry...so what?

As a consumer why would I spend $3.99 a month on a book that really means nothing (and whose writing is bland at best). This is why Rulk's book is taking off. People like the idea of a goliath with super strength...but they have been craving for one that has some control and contributes SOMETHING to the world of Marvel.

People are tired of feeling sorry for Banner, tired of him looking for a cure, tired of the Hulk destroying crap and having Banner wonder "wth happened". Although yes Banner has gained some control over the years it still has not been enough for him to direct Hulk to do anything of use. Rulk has done WAY much more than Hulk has in the past years.

Hulk needs a purpose for existing. He needs somewhere to be aimed at instead of simply wandering around aimlessly. Nobody wants to hold his hand anymore and wonder if Bruce will have a normal life. Ive been asking myself that question for almost 2 decades. It's OLD!

They just need to figure out something new to do with him. Give Banner some more control and give Hulk a purpose or do a Jerry Seinfeld and end things on the highest note you can.

My 2 cents.

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz: that really makes me sad since he is my favorite character, we still have seen no sings of the devil hulk , and i really enjoys the banner entering his own mind scenario, and i hope the do a better job with him

#4 Posted by nszerdy (380 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAcidSkull: He was the best part of the Avengers Movie for me---That was the best he has ever been!
#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

The current Inc Hulk series is the worst comic series ever written, but outside of that affront to humankind, Hulk rules. Though Bruce Banner, is of course, better.

#6 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15132 posts) - - Show Bio

well if you need reasons.

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: i kind of agree, but is still pick up the series to see if it gets better.

#8 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: @nszerdy: i agree , he rules

#9 Posted by jhazzroucher (16513 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Hulk

#10 Posted by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

i freakin love hulk, sure its mindless smashing most of the time and an autistic attitude but who doesnt like smashing? but i do agree the current IH is not that good. i was expecting something a little more from the explanation of how hulk and banner split. still got hulk volume

#11 Posted by sethysquare (3842 posts) - - Show Bio
I dont hate the hulk. I just think he is ugly and have no interest in him. I would watch a film about thor, captain america and iron man. but not hulk
#12 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: i know , i still buy the volumes thought, just because it's about hulk and i want to see the story improve

#13 Posted by Dernman (15813 posts) - - Show Bio
      Like someone wise once said. "It aint easy being green"
#14 Posted by PrototypeEnchanced (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: For some reason I think Banner should work with S.H.I.E.L.D. They could use Banners intelligence to solve the world's problems from a scientific standpoint and bring in the Hulk when something needs smashing.

#15 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrototypeEnchanced: I kind of like the idea

#16 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrototypeEnchanced said:

@TheAcidSkull: For some reason I think Banner should work with S.H.I.E.L.D. They could use Banners intelligence to solve the world's problems from a scientific standpoint and bring in the Hulk when something needs smashing.

I would support even that. It would give his character SOME purpose.

#17 Posted by desmond006 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrototypeEnchanced: That is pretty good.

I like he hulk a lot, but marvel needs to upgrade a few of their characters IMO.

#18 Posted by PrototypeEnchanced (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@desmond006: Thanks, but I still enjoy the angle Jason Aaron is playing right now where the Hulk has to investigate what Banner has been doing when he wasn't angry.

#19 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrototypeEnchanced: yes, it's a good idea but Jason doesn't understand hulk, and the dog gang was stupid, hope the story improves

#20 Posted by waezi2 (8483 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the Hulk, but then, Marvel made all that bullshit about Banner being a horrible person, childhood trauma, Hulk getting smarter, and now EVERYONE Banner knows is a hulk. I belive it was Bart Simpson who onse said: I just like when he punches people. And Hulkcomics today SUCKS! I mean, he is a big green monsterman! How do you fuck that up! I never thought I woud say someting like this, but I like the red one better.

#21 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: the smart hulk was not bad, what makes the hulk unique is that he has many personalities, the smart hulk is good. but i have to agree that the current hulk comics sux , Jason Aron has no idea what he is doing

#22 Posted by waezi2 (8483 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Im not talking about Joe Fixit, what I ment was that today, Hulk(the green one) is smart. Its someting about the difrent Hulks in Banner are now merged together so now there is only one Hulk. That to, by the way, is a mistake by Marvel.

#23 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the problem with Hulk (green) comics is the fact that he can't be beaten by anybody. To be honest when the WWH event hit and he practically beat all the characters really was a big stretch.

Another problem is that they feel that everyone needs to be a hulk. She-Hulk understandable because of the original cartoon created character. Other hulk's not so much. If they at least give hulk a new dynamic to work with I would be totally interested. If anyone has read the Avengers Assemble comic it's a perfect example of what Hulk comics are. Jason Aaron needs to get off this title, it was a good premise, but he couldn't execute not shocking based on his other works.

The red hulk is refreshing but I haven't read it since #42.

And one more complaint is that whenever I get into an argument with Hulk fans it always seems they do a lot of selective reading like the onslaught event for example.

#24 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

@MarvelGrey: Jason Aron is good with x-men, He just doesn't understand hulk

#25 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

I had to friggin' drop Big Green because of the stuff Jason Aaron put him through. At first it was great....but now only the cartoon and film Hulks are any good to don the green.

Red Hulk is a vastly superior comic book hulk. Fans of the original might whine about that, but the fact of the matter is that Jeff Parker rights better than Jason Aaron (who all he knows to write is Wolverine).

Now if Jeff got around to write the green Hulk series as well as the Red Hulk series....

#26 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: yeah, a agree, Jason is not an expert on hulk, but on the bright side, he'll be done with the hulk in 12# , and after that lets hope we het someone better

#27 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so to. I want to read Green hulk again to supplement my red Hulk.

#28 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2685 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Hulk, always have and always will. He DOES need a new direction however. What this is I have no idea, but he needs one

#29 Posted by waezi2 (8483 posts) - - Show Bio

Remeber thoes days where kids coud read comics? Hulk was one of thoes comics. Guy get angry, turn to green monster, he smash, and thats was realy enjoyable. What happened?

#30 Posted by Krock83 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Hulk, I wish they would upgrade him in some way because he deserves and is one of the main characters that put Marvel on the map. I dont know why people hate on the Hulk so much, maybe because they have a hate for big strong muscular guys for some reason which is understandable because I dislike all the pretty boy metro type characters in their tight bodysuits that they give all this power too.

#31 Posted by arthurkerr (585 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Hulk but they need to stop writing him like a bad guy. Also sure he is strong but so is lots of others and they can fly , movie really fast and toss around beams of energy. Is the Hulk outdated? I think Banners brains make him the awesome tag or add on and way under used part of the Hulk. Lets see that come to light more often and not Hulk Smash. Lets see how Bruce can step up and do something other then just crush things. Be more then the great big mean thing that is angry.

#32 Posted by RaynorB (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@arthurkerr: Have you picked up a Hulk comic recently? The Banner part is so overused in this past few years most fans have gotten sick of it.

#33 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7084 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk Smash.

#34 Edited by arthurkerr (585 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorb said:

@arthurkerr: Have you picked up a Hulk comic recently? The Banner part is so overused in this past few years most fans have gotten sick of it.

to be honest I just looked it up again , I was so upset with the red Hulk that I gave up on one of my all time favorite characters. I seen the whole idea of superman and Wonder Women and thought I like that and started to look into comics again. I wrote my own stories to keep myself busy and have always liked Thor and the Avengers but Civil War omg wow just the idea of Peter Parker betraying anybody just blew my socks off.

I want to get back into a bunch of characters I ordered some dc comics again. They have yet to arrive lol but the new 52 just because I like Superman and WW. awesome team up even if it is just those two.

The Hulk can be a great character if they balance him and have a great writer. I think with both comics they just went and got ahead of themselves. The hulk with that comic that went into the future and him I forget the name right off the bat. Mastro or something and they killed him off by taking him back tot he gamma blast. Thor with going to far into the future same thing with King Thor.

But all comics do it from The Flash to Spiderman any charactrer really say Wolverine . If you look you always see a future where only they can correct things only they can solve what ever the villain did and in other books they can do nothing short of sit back and watch.

Thor goes from being billy bad ass to just some joker tossed around in a sea of trouble.

Every other writer will forget every thing that has been done , every other book will say. Why you go and make them so strong how can I work with this , they escalate what ever character they are working on and it just gets out of hand.

One book has them one way and another book they can hardly even keep up. One they have all the power in the world and the next they cannot fight a simple mutant in the streets of NY.

One they fight Galactus and the next a bullet hurts them.

You just never get a feel for the character and when you do the next writer or some writer on another book just tosses that out for sake of his story.

Odd how I hated Red hulk but I kind of like the idea of Red She Hulk lol

#35 Posted by SilverPool (2295 posts) - - Show Bio

People hate Shrek?

#36 Posted by RaynorB (8 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by SilverPool (2295 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorb: Makes me cry evrytim.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=LLkKxyJpC4eVYob9Hupgd7lw&v=m2Rb_vTJjVo

#38 Posted by Bezza (3868 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: yeah, a agree, Jason is not an expert on hulk, but on the bright side, he'll be done with the hulk in 12# , and after that lets hope we het someone better

Ha, Ha, reading back this old post my friend, if only we knew what was to come after Aaron's hulk run !!!

and Yes Hulk rocks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.