Why all the hate for Big Green???

#1 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

i've recently noticed that hulk is getting a lot of hate and a lot of people even hate him now, i still think hulk is cool and the STRONGEST THERE IS!!!

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13198 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a better question is: Why All The Dupe Threads??

#3 Posted by VenomX10 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Its because people can't understand the complexity there is to The Hulk. Banner is a tormented soul, and that is reflected in Hulk's appearance. Most people who bash Hulk are just trolls who don't know what they are saying, or think that he is just a stupid character.

#4 Posted by Voodoom (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Because some people on these boards are willing to an concept like moving at the spead of light yet don't beleive that the Hulk can have unlimited strength.

#5 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@VenomX10 said:

Its because people can't understand the complexity there is to The Hulk. Banner is a tormented soul, and that is reflected in Hulk's appearance. Most people who bash Hulk are just trolls who don't know what they are saying, or think that he is just a stupid character.

I answered this question in this thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/hulk/29-2267/why-all-the-hate-for-big-green/92-666515/

And the problem with the Hulk is that as of late...he is not that complicated whatsoever. But I give a more detailed response in the thread.@Voodoom said:

Because some people on these boards are willing to an concept like moving at the spead of light yet don't beleive that the Hulk can have unlimited strength.

I don't believe the problems that people are having with his character are so based upon his level of strength rather the point of his character.

#6 Posted by sinestro_GL (3160 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I think a better question is: Why All The Dupe Threads??

THIS!!!

#7 Posted by SC (13120 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Hulk. I love the character so much I have almost al his issues in some way and form but that wasn't enough. I wanted to know the backstage writer artist info and knowledge about the character. What his writers and creators thought about the character. What characters and sources inspired the Hulk. I loved learning things about Gamma radiation too. Most of the characters Hulk interacts with I love as well. I find out things that Hulk saying He is the strongest there is wasn't a literal statement of fact. I learned that Stan Lee by his own words made Thor to be stronger, and that if Hulk got angry enough, he could match him. I learned that following Marvel writers had both similar and different opinions as far as that goes. I learned some Hulk sites and videos like Leaders Lair likes to photoshop scans together to make it look like Hulk wins against characters he hasn't won against. I also learned that some fans of Hulk would tell me I hated the character for not loving him enough. I never stopped loving Hulk - did notice that people grew resentful of the character due to some of his fans - they do that to Storm as well. Not something I agree with, but something I can understand.   

#8 Posted by vidarrodinson (137 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a like / dislike relationship with the Hulk. Some of his books are good stuff and some are s*#t. How can I cheer for a guy who has a plot safety net to succeed. Like being born rich. What's your struggle? Anyway, throw in a healing factor equal to the gods and you have my beef. The upside is they have'nt found a gamma burst in the universe to bombard the muscle-head again and make him more powerful. OOPPSS, Don't take this for an idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.