Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Whos strong Hulk or Doomsday ?

• 135 results
    kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kgb725

which behemoth is stronger

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JasonTodd13

Doomsday, Doomsday is immortal.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deaditegonzo

At base, Doomsday is definitely stronger than the Hulk. And unlike with a lot of characters, the "Madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets" argument wont even work here. Doomsday evolves to beat his opponent. If he was fighting Hulk, he'd keep adapting to everything Hulk did (and Hulk is a one trick pony, so he wont be doing much).

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fifthchild

Depends on the Doomsday and the Hulk. Doomsday was at his peak in the Hunter Prey storyline and he was a very tough customer there. I think a fair few Hulks could be stronger than this version but he was also insanely durable, regenerative and adaptable. So even if Hulk were stronger its a tough hill to climb (though Hulk similarly gets more durable, regenerative etc with anger). Basically this Doomsday was well beyond the standard top-tier.

The history gets a bit convoluted (the real Doomsday was killed by Imperiex) but generally after that "Doomsdays" were kind of watered down and less impressive. I would favour Hulk over "your average Doomsday" but it would be a great fight.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By satyrgod

Hulk.

Doomsday will eventually be defeated. Whether he continues his rampage and destroys all of reality or he evolves into a higher lifeform, either of which is self-defeating.

Therefore, someone or something will find a way to end him or he will eliminate himself.

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By boostergold321

@deaditegonzo said:

At base, Doomsday is definitely stronger than the Hulk. And unlike with a lot of characters, the "Madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets" argument wont even work here. Doomsday evolves to beat his opponent. If he was fighting Hulk, he'd keep adapting to everything Hulk did (and Hulk is a one trick pony, so he wont be doing much).

How can you know Doomsday is stronger than Hulk at base strength? Have anything to really back that up? Doomsday is just a rip-off of the Hulk with little to no personality.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deaditegonzo

@boostergold321 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

How can you know Doomsday is stronger than Hulk at base strength? Have anything to really back that up? Doomsday is just a rip-off of the Hulk with little to no personality.

See, I get that you like the Hulk, but thats not what we're debating here. He really lacks any feats that would make him stand out all that much in the DC Universe. Case in point, one of the Hulks best feats come in planet Hulk, holding Sakaar's tectonic plates together, compare that to Hal Jordan the Green Lantern, who at 36% energy HELD EARTH TOGETHER in Trinity. He is the Green Lantern, maybe sixth most powerful Justice Leaguer or even less, and he outdid Hulk.

Doomsday on the other hand is Superman's superior, after their initial clash, Superman, even equipped with a Mother Box and New God tech didnt have a way to stop him, and he was fighting smart, staying back, using speed and heat vision. Hulk would have been dead in a nanosecond, Doomsday was winning. Then his volution came into play and he speared Superman and dragged him to the ground.

It doesnt matter who ripped off who, Hulk is doomed if he ever meets DD.

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By boostergold321

@deaditegonzo

Are you saying Doomsday is better than Hulk? How does having the same ability to adapt and get stronger make Doomsday any better?

You're cherry-picking feats. Why are you only showing some but but not all of the facts? Is it so you can hide the truth? Does it kill people to be honest in these discussion threads??

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Doomsday at base. Hulk when he gets angry enough.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By GreenScar1990

Hulk.

No contest.

At their peak of power, the only loser would be the planet they're on and those surrounding planets.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kgb725

hulk has more powers than getting strong because one of his powers is adapting to his surroundings he gets more durable as the fight progresses if he can take a hundred trillion ton attack im sure he could take doomsday

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Skunkstein

If this is a battle without PIS, and Hulk just casually meets Dooms, then Hulk is DEAD, he is SOOO dead, no contest.

If Hulk had already been fighting for days and days and days beforehand, then it could go both ways, and thats only in theory... Because even though Hulk have been described as having unlimited power, he havent shown anything in his 50 + years of history that makes him that impressive compared to Doomsday.

Normally the concensus is that Superman wins over Hulk and i agree, though what Superman lacks (if moral is on) is the will to actually end the fight before Hulk goes overboard with rage and thus having the potential to actually winning the fight. Now Hulk is actually facing an opponent who arguably is Supermans equal or better who goes in for the kill the second they see each other, so if Hulk is not madder than he have ever been in his life, he is going to get slaughtered.

Hulk could win with PIS, if like Doomsday would hesitate or something, but thats not really in his character.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 80sBaby

@deaditegonzo said:

@boostergold321 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

See, I get that you like the Hulk, but thats not what we're debating here. He really lacks any feats that would make him stand out all that much in the DC Universe. Case in point, one of the Hulks best feats come in planet Hulk, holding Sakaar's tectonic plates together, compare that to Hal Jordan the Green Lantern, who at 36% energy HELD EARTH TOGETHER in Trinity. He is the Green Lantern, maybe sixth most powerful Justice Leaguer or even less, and he outdid Hulk.

Doomsday on the other hand is Superman's superior, after their initial clash, Superman, even equipped with a Mother Box and New God tech didnt have a way to stop him, and he was fighting smart, staying back, using speed and heat vision. Hulk would have been dead in a nanosecond, Doomsday was winning. Then his volution came into play and he speared Superman and dragged him to the ground.

Green Lantern held Earth together but Sakaar is TWICE the size of planet Earth and Hulk wasn't even at full power. So, by your own reasoning, Hulk feat is more impressive. And, that's not Hulk's best feat. Hulk's best feat would be withstanding a force capable of destroying a universe and then redirecting said attack with a thunderclap or punching a mountain so hard that the resulting release of energy lit up an entire dimension.

Your second point is baseless speculation.

If you truly think Hulk wouldn't "stand out" in DC then you should read more Hulk.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Skunkstein

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Skunkstein: dd has way more PIS than hulk, it's not PIS anymore since hulk does impossible things all the damn time.

i am tired of peoples assumptions.

What are you talking about? Im not talking about who currently have more PIS in comics, i said, if the battle was to take place, and Dooms and Hulk both were in character without some stupid reasoning Doomsday would not go berserk at Hulk from the get go or something like that, then there would be no doubt for me that DD wins.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By SupremeHyperion

Since doomsday is DC's attempt as saying we have a stronger Hulk character than You obviously wins this..DC is all about making their character seem more powerful than anyone elses, including this

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Skunkstein

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Skunkstein: i'm not convinced that he could beat hulk though :P

Really? I see no way Hulk winning :)

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Skunkstein

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Skunkstein said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

i do. :)

What would Hulk do against DD adaption to everything that hurts him? Hulk really doesnt have much more than Super strength purely offensively speaking, what would Hulk do against DDs superspeed? DD can out maneuver Martian Manhunter and Superman - Besides that he have all the same abilities that Hulk have, and as i said in my original post, if they just met casually without Hulk being able to be madder than he ever had before, then i see no way in hell of Hulk winning this.

spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By spetsnaz_gru

At base, Doomsday is on par with Superman. He's stronger than base Hulk.

At peak, Hunter/Prey Doomsday is more powerful than a motherbox-aided Superman with a fairly jobbing incarnation of Darkseid. He's stronger than Worldbreaker Hulk.

spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By spetsnaz_gru

@SupremeHyperion said:

DC is all about making their character seem more powerful than anyone else's.

True. DC does that kind of cheap promotion with respect to their planetary-scaled characters. Superman even stated that Marvel's earth is smaller (hence lower gravity) than DC's Earth. But Marvel is more notorious with such in terms of cosmic powerhouses.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Skunkstein

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Skunkstein: and why wouln't hulk be able to get angry? he always does and he will, his durability and healing rate, and gets stronger. if superman wanted to sblitz dd, he would, but he doesn't, and hulk can tag dd, and at some point he will be able to ko him.

Its not just angry, as default Dooms is much of a bigger treat that Hulk he needs to get CRAAAZY angry, i dont see Dooms letting him get that angry before ripping him to pieces. Superman couldnt blitz Dooms... Doomsday reflexes were too good, logically... how would Hulk ever tag Dooms? They may be close strength wise, but Doomsday is lightspeed and Hulk doesnt even have Superspeed... Besides that, Dooms also have an insanely good healing factor and is arguably more durably than Superman, and Superman is more durable than WW Hulk IMHO.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Skunkstein

@80sBaby said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@boostergold321 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Green Lantern held Earth together but Sakaar is TWICE the size of planet Earth and Hulk wasn't even at full power. So, by your own reasoning, Hulk feat is more impressive. And, that's not Hulk's best feat. Hulk's best feat would be withstanding a force capable of destroying a universe and then redirecting said attack with a thunderclap or punching a mountain so hard that the resulting release of energy lit up an entire dimension.

If you truly think Hulk wouldn't "stand out" in DC then you should read more Hulk.

I agree that Hulk would certainly stand out in DC, but deaditegonzos point still holds, that in this battle Hulk cant win over Dooms.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#27  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Why is "Doomsday will keep evolving till he wins" a valid argument but "Hulk keeps getting stronger till he wins" is not?

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Skunkstein

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Skunkstein: please show me a scan of dd going light speed.

Im trying to find one... Its been stated by people without superspeed that Doomsday was as fast as the Flash, that could easily be hyperbole, but still it have to count as something, haha.

I will post the scan as soon as i find one.

Varies people said in DoS that Doomsday ''Moves like the Flash''.

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Takao0815

@Skunkstein said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Skunkstein said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

What would Hulk do against DD adaption to everything that hurts him? Hulk really doesnt have much more than Super strength purely offensively speaking, what would Hulk do against DDs superspeed? DD can out maneuver Martian Manhunter and Superman - Besides that he have all the same abilities that Hulk have, and as i said in my original post, if they just met casually without Hulk being able to be madder than he ever had before, then i see no way in hell of Hulk winning this.

Skills against Doomsday adapt puts the Hulk's ability to adapt.

Hulk can also adapt to doomsdays speed.

Depending on the Hulk version, it can take a long time or be done in seconds.

What do the other hand, the Doomsday Hulks forces can not be copied perfectly?

What does the doomsday however, the Hulk always regenerates resist?

No matter how much harm DD havoc.

Hulk and is recovering faster than DD.

(So far.).

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By mk111

This debate again, huh?

Well, I'm going with Doomsday. He slaps around Superman and Darkseid. Thats impressive.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Skunkstein

@Takao0815 said:

@Skunkstein said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Skunkstein said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

(So far.).

I dont really understand what youre saying..

However a dude who slaps around Supermand and Darkseid is going to rape Hulk. As far as im seeing it, Doomsey wins this. How can Hulk adapt to close to or actual lightspeed? Doomsday have a fantastic healing power aswell.

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Takao0815

@Skunkstein: The WWH Hulk was not particularly powerful. Only when he became the World Breaker changed that to

The special thing about him was that he not only was against weaker.

Hulk has already surpassed the surfers.

Nomaler looking neither DD nor speed stars Hulk but Hulk can adapt to the forces of an opponent and DD copying (at least the clones were able to).

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Takao0815

@Skunkstein said:

@Takao0815 said:

@Skunkstein said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Skunkstein said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

(So far.).

I dont really understand what youre saying..

However a dude who slaps around Supermand and Darkseid is going to rape Hulk. As far as im seeing it, Doomsey wins this. How can Hulk adapt to close to or actual lightspeed? Doomsday have a fantastic healing power aswell.

Hulk once said that a laser beam is slow.

(then he showed his opponent as fast as it can be)

And was in the jump faster than the Silver surfers could fly.

If Hulk is wütent he adapts to his opponent.

Hulks regeneration is better than that of DD.

"For example, if his death was similar to the one he Suffered at the hands of Imperiex When The Hollower of Galaxies reduced him to a skeleton, the resurrection process could very well take thousands of years."

As Hulk's body was destroyed gathered his spirit energy.

When he hate enough, he made a new body.

He began with a Skellet.

Single pair spätter hours he was able to go against a few meters

(Muscles began under the skin to form new).

Hope is to have a better understanding.

Hulk can not die permanently.

English is not my forte.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Skunkstein

@Takao0815 said:

@Skunkstein: The WWH Hulk was not particularly powerful. Only when he became the World Breaker changed that to

Nomaler looking neither DD nor speed stars Hulk but Hulk can adapt to the forces of an opponent and DD copying (at least the clones were able to).

Youre slaughtering the language bro! I dont understand anything!

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Takao0815

@Skunkstein said:

@Takao0815 said:

Youre slaughtering the language bro! I dont understand anything!

perhaps understand an example.

Normally Hulk 700 mph

The Silver Surfer fligt with 99% of the speed of light passing.

Hulk gets mad.

Hulk jumping and is now faster than the Surfer flies.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Skunkstein

@Takao0815: Okay, please show a feat of Hulk doing something like that.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By 80sBaby

@Skunkstein said:

@80sBaby said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@boostergold321 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

I agree that Hulk would certainly stand out in DC, but deaditegonzos point still holds, that in this battle Hulk cant win over Dooms.

See, I disagree with that blanket statement. It depends on the versions.

I'd say Savage Hulk would beat DoS Doomsday, WWH would lose to H/P Doomsday and Worldbreaker would beat any Doomsday.

@Skunkstein said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

Im trying to find one... Its been stated by people without superspeed that Doomsday was as fast as the Flash, that could easily be hyperbole, but still it have to count as something, haha.

There's no scan of Doomsday moving at light speed. NONE.

The best you can find is Superman commenting that Doomsday's getting faster in DoS. Which people, for some reason, take to mean that Clark was having "trouble" keeping up with Doomsday's speed. Clearly, that was't the case. Not to mention that, prior to his death, Superman was much, much slower than he later became.

I doubt you (or anyone) could prove Doomsday moves much faster than the speed of sound, actually.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Skunkstein

@80sBaby said:

@Skunkstein said:

@80sBaby said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@boostergold321 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

See, I disagree with that blanket statement. It depends on the versions.

I'd say Savage Hulk would beat DoS Doomsday, WWH would lose to H/P Doomsday and Worldbreaker would beat any Doomsday.

@Skunkstein said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

There's no scan of Doomsday moving at light speed. NONE.

The best you can find is Superman commenting that Doomsday's getting faster in DoS. Which people, for some reason, take to mean that Clark was having "trouble" keeping up with Doomsday's speed. Clearly, that was't the case. Not to mention that, prior to his death, Superman was much, much slower than he later became.

I doubt you (or anyone) could prove Doomsday moves much faster than the speed of sound, actually.

Maybe youre right, i could at least not find any scans, its been ages since i read DoS, and all i remember was people commenting that Doomsday moved like the Flash, also ive seen him running so it looked like ''beams'' PLUS his wiki page says ''(...)His speed and agility are vastly disproportionate to his bulky stature, and he has been able to match Superman in this regard, once even managing to grab the Flash while the hero was in motion(...)''

How much weaker was Superman back in those days?

My knowlegde about Superman is much superior to what i know of Hulk, Ive only read Hulk for a year or so... But really If it goes Superman > Hulk (Im not thinking about the stupid fan voted fight), just going by logic here, and Doomsday >/= Superman then by that logic how would Hulk win over Doomsday? Also, the only reason i see Hulk winning over Superman was if Supes was in character and hesitated too long to actually take down Hulk and thus Hulk getting mad enough to take down Superman.... Now the problem is that Doomsday is furious and would never hesitate to rip Hulks head off.

boostergold321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By boostergold321

Anybody with the kind of power that Hulk, Superman,or Doomsday have will have speed vastly disproportionate to their size and weight.

Speed of travel is determined by force.

These guys are packing tremendous force, more powerful than an atomic bomb with mass that is relatively small in comparison to that so of course they will move at great speeds when they apply themselves.

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Takao0815

@Skunkstein said:

@Takao0815: Okay, please show a feat of Hulk doing something like that.

Unfortunately, I can just upload any images.

The one with the regeneration takes place in.

Incredible Hulk # 460

The overhaul of the surfer was in

Tales to Astonish # 92

in

Incredible Hulk vs. Superman Vol 1

he could keep up with Pre-Crisis/Silver-Age Superman.

It even looked as though Hulk something stronger.

Both could not injure the other. But Superman once had to protect his face.

Banner was in his subconscious many Hulks

and there are always new.

Some of the forces are very different.

How powerful Hulk is now showing this video

Take note: he tried to hold back.

because he could bask accidentally destroying the planet.

His opponent has won an earlier against the Surfer and the Hulk.

Simultaneously. As if the two just annoying insects.

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
    Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I love the Hulk and I hate Doomsday. However, I believe that Doomsday would win this one.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jobbernos

@JasonTodd13 said:

Doomsday, Doomsday is immortal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
    deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk would have to be in World Breaker form to put a dent in Doomsday.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SirMethos

This is basically an eternal stalemate.

Doomsday would start out as being stronger than Hulk, but Hulk's history shows that going up against an initially stronger opponent, just makes him more angry.

Even at base level, Hulk's regeneration is enough to heal any damage that Doomsday would initially put on him, and his regen., just like his environmental adaptation, durability and strength, increases the angrier he gets.

On the other hand, Doomsday's regen. is more than enough to heal any damage that Hulk puts on him, and even Death of Superman, shows that Doomsday gets stronger as well. So in that regard, it's a stalemate.

People also comment on how Doomsday's speed would give him the win. But while it's true that his speed is superior to that of Hulk, he doesn't use it unless his opponent is fast as well, putting the match down to a slugfest, which is a stalemate. Also, Hulk is not nearly as slow as people make him out to be, considering that he has tagged people like Quicksilver.

Then we have people commenting on the two of them adapting to each other, giving them the win. Bullshit. Hulk adapts to the environment, not to match, and overcome, the powers of his opponents. He would adapt to Doomsday's flame-breath, because extreme heat is an environmental factor, but things like Doomsday's spikes, strength/durability, etc. are not, and Hulk wouldn't adapt to them. On the other side of the argument(dd), Hulk's offensive powers are purely physical in nature, which is something that Doomsday basically doesn't adapt to.

There are plenty of factors on both sides, but all in all, it ends up as a stalemate. Doomsday is not intelligent enough to utilize the few advantages he has, and Hulk doesn't have any advantages to utilize.

The only hope for one of them winning, is that the other gets tired, which is unlikely to happen without any interference from PIS.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#45  Edited By StMichalofWilson

To me, Hulk is a powerhouse and Doomsday is a force of nature. It would be brutal battle to the death. I love the Green Goliath, but Doomsday is coming for the Hulk.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Doomsday. Hulk can get as angry as he likes, Doomsday will kill him every single time. It's not a fair fight in the least.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By z3ro180

Don't know could go either way

dafahal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dafahal

@jasontodd13:

doomsday can die. yes. but hes ressurection could take up to decades, hundreds even thousands of years so within that time. bruce banner(hulk aka SCIENTIST) could find a cure and put doomsday to an end forever

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Erkan12

Hulk's strength feats are better.

To me, Hulk is a powerhouse and Doomsday is a force of nature. It would be brutal battle to the death. I love the Green Goliath, but Doomsday is coming for the Hulk.

In comics many character describes Hulk as force of nature as well. Like Iron Man, Wolverine etc.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..why has this turned into a battle thread? Question was who is stronger. Well, its a good question and one I don't really know the answer to. Certainly at base level DD must surely be stronger. In the recent New 52 story with Superman/Wonder Woman he broke both of WWs arms. Who else has done that? However, Hulk WILL get angrier and stronger, so ultimately could end up stronger. One thing is certain, the latest Doomsday looks a real beast. Can't wait for his next appearance..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.