Who can KILL the Hulk?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jrabe1995 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Notice how I say KILL, not stop, not KO, no incapacitation, NADA!!!

You may refer to any version of the Hulk (WWH, planet Hulk, Big Joe, etc...)

The opponent must be able to KILL the Hulk but if that character has Morals, they are on.

Incredible Hulks #632

Remember, Opponent must KILL the Hulk

#2 Posted by TifaLockhart (14079 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin could.

#3 Posted by BigCimmerian (8579 posts) - - Show Bio

List is too big for my computer.

#4 Posted by Jrabe1995 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

How, please explain.

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (38103 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer in 3 hits.

#6 Posted by Nefarious (21269 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Manhattan.

#7 Posted by jashro44 (22879 posts) - - Show Bio

Well world breaker hulk just kept dying over and over when he destroyed the planet so I think if thor and silver surfer unleashed planet busters they could do it.

#8 Posted by Jrabe1995 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

YOU NEED TO VIVIDLY EXPLAIN HOW THEY KILL THE HULK, (whatever version, CONSIDER THEM ALL) I want to know how the hulk is KILLED no KO

#9 Posted by Atomic_Punk (103 posts) - - Show Bio

You should scale it back a bit since there are sooooo many near God like characters in Marvel/DC. Maybe limit it to characters that have had their own titles, this will eliminate the obvious Galactus, Odin, Living Tribunal so on so forth. Keep things on the hero level.

#10 Posted by TifaLockhart (14079 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jrabe1995: Thor, Lord of Asgard killed Hulk for good in the alternate timeline story "The Reigning."

#11 Posted by BigCimmerian (8579 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jrabe1995 said:

YOU NEED TO VIVIDLY EXPLAIN HOW THEY KILL THE HULK, (whatever version, CONSIDER THEM ALL) I want to know how the hulk is KILLED no KO

Odin and Zeus could beat him to death with bare hands. They would throw him to the ground then punch him till he is dead, but I think he would die after the first hit.

#12 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio

Presence/TOAA
Living Tribunal 
Galactus
Odin
Zeus
Lucifer Morningstar
Spectre
Michael Demiurgos
Beyonder
Molecule Man
Mr. Mxyzptlk 
Ultimator
Great Evil Beast

...and many, many, many, many others.

#13 Posted by MrDirector786 (43607 posts) - - Show Bio

So they have to be able to kill them while in morals? I think that lowers down the number but the list is still pretty big.

#14 Posted by TifaLockhart (14079 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jrabe1995 said:

Impaled by a tree trunk. I suspect either magic was at work or Jurgens is of the opinion that Hulk is mortal.

#15 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29509 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man thinks he can, according to an old JMS issue. Anyone got scans?

#16 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

List is too big for my computer.

This.

#17 Posted by Jrabe1995 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk can release planet destroying bursts of Kinetic energy, forget that? I want like a vivid description of how SOANDSO KILLS even the most powerful of Hulks, CONSIDER all versions. And leave Uber powered characters like the Beyonder out of this. Honestly if we all said Beyonder then its FTW unless he is up against Jesus.

#18 Posted by Jrabe1995 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is also permitted to use Banner Tech as well since you guys like to mention omnipresent beings.

#19 Posted by TifaLockhart (14079 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jrabe1995: What exactly are you asking for? Thor the Reigning killed the Hulk after fighting him for hours via impalement with a tree trunk.

As far as Worldbreaker Hulk, it'd be speculation either way as we've seen him once.

It was implied Zeus could have ended Hulk (and Pak was even writing) if he didn't fight him mano a mano. If Zeus and Thor the Reigning are too powerful for the thread cutoff, then you can disregard those answers.

#20 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Jrabe1995 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk possesses the potential for limitless physical strength depending directly on his emotional state, particularly his anger. This has been reflected in the repeated comment, "The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets." After probing, the entity Beyonder once claimed that the Hulk's potential strength had "no finite element inside." His durability, regeneration, and endurance also increase in proportion to his temper. Greg Pak described the Hulk shown during World War Hulk as having a level of physical power where "Hulk was stronger than any mortal—and most immortals—who ever walked the Earth."

The Hulk's level of strength is normally limited by Banner's subconscious influence. When Hulk allowed Jean Grey to psionically "shut Banner off", he reached a scale of power on which he managed to overpower and destroy the physical form of the villain Onslaught, at a time when it had reached a level with the fictional godlike entities, the Celestials.

The Hulk is resistant to most forms of injury or damage. The extent varies between interpretations, but he has withstood the equivalent of solar temperatures, nuclear explosions, and planet-shattering impacts. Despite his remarkable resiliency, continuous barrages of high-caliber gunfire can hinder his movement to some degree, and this has been consistently portrayed outside the comic books, in both live-action films and animation. He has been shown to have both regenerative and adaptive healing abilities, including growing tissues to allow him to breathe underwater, surviving unprotected in space for extended periods, and when injured, healing from most wounds within seconds. As an effect, he has an extremely prolonged lifespan.

The Hulk's powerful legs allow him to leap into lower Earth orbit or across continents, and he has displayed sufficient superhuman speed to match Thor, or the Sentry.

He also possesses less commonly described powers, including abilities allowing him to "home in" to his place of origin in New Mexico, resist psychic control, or unwilling transformation; grow stronger from radiation or dark magic; and to see and interact with astral forms. The Hulk is also able to generate omnidirectional "explosions" of kinetic energy that completely destroy the planet he is standing on.

In the early days of the first Hulk comic series, "massive" doses of gamma rays (such as from the explosion of a hand-held nuclear grenade) would cause the Hulk to transform back to Bruce Banner, although this ability was written out of the character by the 1970s.

As Bruce Banner, he is considered one of the greatest minds on Earth. He has developed expertise in the fields of biology, chemistry, engineering, and physiology, and holds a Ph.D. in nuclear physics. He possesses "a mind so brilliant it cannot be measured on any known intelligence test." Bruce Banner also makes use of his intelligence to create highly advanced technology labelled as "Bannertech", which is on par with technological development from Tony Stark or Doctor Doom. The most common Bannertech Bruce uses is a force field able to shrug off blows from Hulk-level entities, along with a teleporter, which can be used to transport an unknown number of people. Bannertech is also used by Amadeus Cho, as well as the Hulk persona itself.

In The Science of Superheroes, Lois Grest and Robert Weinberg examined Hulk’s powers, explaining the scientific flaws in them. Most notably, they point out that the level of gamma radiation Banner is exposed to at the initial blast would induce radiation sickness and kill him, or if not, create significant cancer risks for Banner, because hard radiation strips cells of their ability to function.

Charles Q. Choi from LiveScience.com further explains that unlike the Hulk, gamma rays are not green; existing as they do beyond the visible spectrum, gamma rays have no color at all that we can describe. He also explains that gamma rays are so powerful (the most powerful form of electromagnetic radiation and 10,000 times more powerful than visible light) that they can even convert energy into matter - a possible explanation for the increased mass that Bruce Banner takes on during transformations. "Just as the Incredible Hulk 'is the strongest one there is,' as he says himself, so too are gamma ray bursts the most powerful explosions known.

#22 Posted by God_Spawn (38103 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer almost killed him in 5 hits or less with a mace on Planet Hulk, only reason Hulk lived was the Warbound stepping in.

#23 Posted by TifaLockhart (14079 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jrabe1995: What are you citing because it lost credibility with me when it said Onslaught was Celestial level?

#24 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jrabe1995: most of that post has nothing to do with the op. You should avoid copying and pasting articles like that.
#25 Posted by God_Spawn (38103 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: I'm pretty sure that's from Marvel wiki.

#26 Posted by TheMightyAvenger (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider.

#27 Posted by JediXMan (30935 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: I'm pretty sure that's from Marvel wiki.

Not even that. It's from Wikipedia.
Moderator Online
#28 Posted by TifaLockhart (14079 posts) - - Show Bio

Wikipedia once said Professor X paid Lobo to throw his fight with Wolverine.

#29 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8151 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus can sit on him..

#30 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

lol

#31 Posted by TifaLockhart (14079 posts) - - Show Bio

It also claimed Sinbad was dead, and then there was that time where the Pokemon page got edited with pictures of naughty bits.

I sometimes use it as a guide, but I take every detail with a grain of salt.

#32 Posted by Shadowglenn (582 posts) - - Show Bio

anybody on silver surfer level should be able to kill him quite easily.

#33 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: haha did it really say Sinbad was dead? That's hilarious.
#34 Posted by TifaLockhart (14079 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch: He used it in his standup one time, I think.

#35 Posted by sladewilson30 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin Richards, though he would have to have a good reason, like if the Mindless Hulk killed the Fantastic Four.

#36 Posted by Fetts (4489 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

one bullet,saint of killers

#38 Posted by LONGTIME (926 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by tensor (4639 posts) - - Show Bio

reed

doctor doom

#40 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio

martian manhunter

#41 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

hahahahaha really?

#42 Posted by TifaLockhart (14079 posts) - - Show Bio

@demifiend: Ya rly. I edited it out because it's a bald-faced lie, and Lobo himself wouldn't be that dishonest.

#43 Posted by tron_bonne (2286 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone passed a Skyfather's level in Power 
Anyone passed the Champion of the Universe level of Strength  
Anyone passed the Healing level of Juggernaut 
Anyone passed the Mental Probing abilities of the Beyonder 

#44 Posted by tron_bonne (2286 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

Surfer almost killed him in 5 hits or less with a mace on Planet Hulk, only reason Hulk lived was the Warbound stepping in.

I believe it was Hulk that chomped off Silver Surfer's head off one time.
#45 Posted by God_Spawn (38103 posts) - - Show Bio

@tron_bonne said:

@god_spawn said:

I believe it was Hulk that chomped off Silver Surfer's head off one time.

That wasn't even canon. That was Marvel zombies.

#46 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio

thor cant thats for sure.

he already told him,

next

#47 Edited by God_Spawn (38103 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk's afraid of Thor, he already told him.

Next.

#48 Posted by BigCimmerian (8579 posts) - - Show Bio

@demifiend said:

he already told him,

next

Your hate towards Thor is hillarious.

#49 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@demifiend said:

he already told him,

next

Your hate towards Thor is ridiculous.

Fixed :)

Also

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/who-can-beat-hulk/551083/

http://www.comicvine.com/hulk/29-2267/guys-i-mean-girls2-who-can-beat-up-hulk/92-21734/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/who-can-beat-hulk-in-a-room-filled-with-laughing-gas/640159/

Been done.

#50 Posted by TifaLockhart (14079 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001: Do you hate Lobo? Be honest.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.