Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Which victory most impressed you in WWH ?

• 86 results
    Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Which victory most impressed you in WWH ? (40 votes)

Black Bolt 8%
    Hulkbuster and Avengers 8%
    X-Men 23%
    Fantastic Four (and Storm, Black Panther) 8%
    Dr. Strange (and Ross) 33%
    Stalemate with Full Power Sentry 45%

Black Bolt

Hulkbuster and Avengers

X-Men

Fantastic Four (and Storm, Black Panther)

Dr. Strange (and Ross)

Stalemate with Full Power Sentry

• 
    green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is a tough one. Also in before the haters declare the entire WWH arc as PIS.

They all impressed me in different ways but I'm going to have to say X-men. The fact Darwin's auto-adaptation had him BFR himself says a lot considering I don't think it's ever done that before even against powerful foes like Hela.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Strange and Sentry

Avatar image for jaxthejester_2014
    jaxthejester_2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went with X-Men too. The tactical prowess that Hulk showed on the battlefield against waves of X-Men was even more impressive, IMHO, than the raw power he displayed against Sentry.

Zom-Strange was the best overall durability showing for me though. Punching bowling ball sized holes through Hulk's torso (which would imply the destruction of his spine and internal organs), and then having Hulk fully healed and fighting back within seconds... that was impressive. Though the fight itself with Zom was too riddled with CIS from Dr. Strange to garner my overall vote as most impressive victory from Hulk.

On a side note: Hulk did not stalemate Sentry, he whooped him. ; )

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

You rang my lord!

I'm going for the Sentry battle. This is possibly my favourite Hulk fight of all time. I know all the Sentry fans say Sentry was holding back etc, etc, that is total Bull-s***! We saw Sentry unleash ALL his power at Hulk, he even says that Hulk is the only one who lets him unleash like that and Hulk takes all of it, huge skyscraper dropping shots, their battle consumes the city and almost levels it completely. Sentry in this mode is undoubtedly a match for any Marvel hero, so this fight is a good example of why I always say that Hulk would give Superman a really stern test if the two ever met...!!

..but all of the battles are pretty impressive, esp the one with Strange!

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By dorukesin
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@bezza: The reason people say Sentry was holding back is because Sentry has a "calming effect" power that he has used on Hulk in the past but he didn't use it in that fight because he obviously just wanted to rumble

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bezza

@jonny_anonymous:

I didn't know that. Interesting. What impressed me most in the fight however was that Hulk really didn't seem at all phased by anything Sentry threw at him and he tanked some massive shots from a full power Sentry. Much as I would expect him to tank stuff Superman threw at him tbh!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: I was the most impressed by him technically being the last man standing

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry for me. Him tanking full power Sentry while giving back just as much power is beyond anything he's done with the heaviest hitters. Hulk vs Hulkbuster and Avengers was fun too. Just him tearing through everyone made him that much more intimidating.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry for me. Him tanking full power Sentry while giving back just as much power is beyond anything he's done with the heaviest hitters. Hulk vs Hulkbuster and Avengers was fun too. Just him tearing through everyone made him that much more intimidating.

Good point. I was going to say against Strange because of the insane level of durability shown.

Love WWHulk.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teh_pwnerer: They're all really good honestly but SENTRY. The same guy who's had his brain smashed by Thor just to not even get phased. The same guy that ripped Carnage in half like it was nothing.(my favorite symbiote).

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By SoA

its between x-men and sentry

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange and Sentry impressed me the most, seeing as he took attacks from them and dished out his own all while holding back. But my favorite is the one with the X-men i just loved how he just stomped his way through so many of them.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Taking out several teams of X-Men & fully-powered Juggernaut, defeating Zom-possessed Dr. Strange, and laying out a fully unleashed Sentry... all the while holding back.

They're all very impressive. It's scary, very frightening if I'm honest, to consider what could happen if Hulk would really cut loose. Nobody would be safe. Got to love Spider-Man making a quip asking if 'Galactus was in town, 'cause if not we're gonna die'.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bezza

@greenscar1990:

I've got the TP edition of WWH and an X Men fight and jugs fight isn't in it? Always puzzled me that....are there spin off WWH editions other than the main novel that I need to collect as well?

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite one was when he turned Sentry's face into hamburger meat.

Avatar image for jaxthejester_2014
    jaxthejester_2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes me giggle when I hear folks try to sell the notion that Sentry was holding back in this fight.

No Caption Provided

DaseanComerWCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Its gotta be the x-men, although the fight with sentry was freakin epic i give extra kudos for beating/outsmarting the juggernuat, giving wolverine a concussion, breaking colosses arms, deafeating the rest of the x-men, and the new x-men all together

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Erkan12

My votes for Black Bolt and Sentry.

Sentry... he just using part of his power (not full like WWH) and doing these ;

Breaking Terrax's cosmic axe ...

No Caption Provided

Easily ripping Ares in half...

No Caption Provided

Easily ripping Carnage in half...

No Caption Provided

Absorbing Man melt just because he try to absorb part of the Sentry's power...

No Caption Provided

Spiderwoman's venom blast to his eyes from point blank has no effect on him

No Caption Provided

And Thing's strength...

No Caption Provided

I also noticed that Black Bolt seen underrated, he did solo against Thanos and manage to wound him.

Loading Video...

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12:

He was using part of his overall power, but ALL of his physical strength, which makes Hulks showing all the more impressive given that your scans show Sentry ripping other characters in half on other occasions., Re the Black Bolt fight, it turned out that the BB was a Skrull imposter, so not as fully powerful as the real BB, hence why I think fewer people have voted for it.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RaynorJ

WWH didn't fight the real BB... Though it's still impressive since he destroyed a chunk of the Moon the size of Rhode Island.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one is impressive too

No Caption Provided

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bezza

Nearly all of WH was impressive really, its a high point for Hulk fans but also a catalyst for a lot of hate from the many anti-Hulk people out there who cant deal with the fact that Hulk did a number on a lot of highly rated characters!!!

DaseanComerWCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By DaseanComerWCR
    Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

Honestly, none.

Don't bother to write then. Lol.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Erkan12

One shotting Ares is still impresses me, since Sentry failed to do that.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By youmessinwithme

I was most impressed with the Fact that Doc samson fought the Hulk when Wonder man was right there.

I'm also just as impressed by the Fact that korg(a regular kronan) was able to beat Wonderman. (that $h*t don't even make sense, along with many other victories in WWH)

and the Hulk not being destroyed by strange/Zom since it took Dormmamu and Eternitey to lock up Zom. So again sillyness.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mitran said:

@erkan12 said:

@mitran said:

Honestly, none.

Or... what? I'm allowed to give my opinion.

Lol.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@erkan12 said:

@mitran said:

Honestly, none.

Or... what? I'm allowed to give my opinion.

Or... nothing. Since that was a ''suggestion''........... it seems you failed to understand.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Erkan12

@mitran said:

And you hadn't given me a reason why I should have followed your suggestion,

I don't know, maybe i asked the question and you are replying in it ? i am curious, why did you reply it if you don't have any answer, or just trolling ?

@youmessinwithme said:

I was most impressed with the Fact that Doc samson fought the Hulk when Wonder man was right there.

I'm also just as impressed by the Fact that korg(a regular kronan) was able to beat Wonderman. (that $h*t don't even make sense, along with many other victories in WWH)

and the Hulk not being destroyed by strange/Zom since it took Dormmamu and Eternitey to lock up Zom. So again sillyness.

Doc Samson and Wonder Man has no big difference in terms of strength. And Korg is 100 toner, experienced warrior.

No Caption Provided
    RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RaynorJ
    Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12:

Which of the books is that one in? I have just ordered WWH Hulk v X Men as I now know it has all the X Men and Juggs fight, but I missed the Ares punch...

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Erkan12

@bezza said:

@erkan12:

Which of the books is that one in? I have just ordered WWH Hulk v X Men as I now know it has all the X Men and Juggs fight, but I missed the Ares punch...

World War Hulk #02

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

Honestly, none. Going into WWH knowing Hulk would win everything didn't make his winning very impressive.

Isn't that the most redundant answer ever? An answer that can be given in more than 90% of the events and situations that happen in comic?

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@raynorj said:
    @mitran said:

Honestly, none. Going into WWH knowing Hulk would win everything didn't make his winning very impressive.

Isn't that the most redundant answer ever? An answer that can be given in more than 90% of the events and situations that happen in comic?

For individual issues and story arcs maybe, but that should never be the feeling for a crossover event of WWH's scope IMO.

I honestly don't know what you expected... It seems pretty clear cut to me, one guy comes for vengeance(we know it's a big Marvel event) and you expect him to lose in his first, second, third fight? Of course he was gonna go the distance, you might even say i was not impressed by WWH because i knew he was not gonna break Earth and he was obviously gonna lose in the end.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@raynorj said:

@mitran said:

@raynorj said:
    @mitran said:

For individual issues and story arcs maybe, but that should never be the feeling for a crossover event of WWH's scope IMO.

I honestly don't know what you expected... It seems pretty clear cut to me, one guy comes for vengeance(we know it's a big Marvel event) and you expect him to lose in his first, second, third fight? Of course he was gonna go the distance, you might even say i was not impressed by WWH because i knew he was not gonna break Earth and he was obviously gonna lose in the end.

Actually, it would have been great if he lost a few battles. Then it would have felt like an actual war. As it was, I was not impressed by the continuous "Hulk smash" method of winning. That's not to say he won every single battle that way, but it is how he won the ones in the OP.

How would the story continue if he had lost a battle? And who should he have lost it against? Apart from a handful of people he faced no one could hope to bring him down. It's the Hulk he is bound to smash one way or another there is not much to him else, you may not like it but others do it's not really a valid complaint considering other powerhouses that actually have plenty of variety to them unlike the Hulk still result to the same 1-2 ways of winning fights.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran said:

@raynorj said:

@mitran said:

@raynorj said:

@mitran said:

@raynorj said:
    @mitran said:

Actually, it would have been great if he lost a few battles. Then it would have felt like an actual war. As it was, I was not impressed by the continuous "Hulk smash" method of winning. That's not to say he won every single battle that way, but it is how he won the ones in the OP.

How would the story continue if he had lost a battle? And who should he have lost it against? Apart from a handful of people he faced no one could hope to bring him down. It's the Hulk he is bound to smash one way or another there is not much to him else, you may not like it but others do it's not really a valid complaint considering other powerhouses that actually have plenty of variety to them unlike the Hulk still result to the same 1-2 ways of winning fights.

I don't know. I'm not the one who was paid to come up with the story. I simply didn't find it entertaining. But if I were to spitball? Have Reed or Strange come up with feasible plans. Make Juggernaut a bigger threat (harken back to classic days). Have Iron Man's Hulkbuster actually work. And the story could continue by having the Warbound or Amadeus Cho and the Champions do stuff independently of Hulk for a bit before breaking Hulk out of however he was incapacitated. I liked the parts where he needed help and I liked his allies. Or maybe he could even do stuff as Banner to continue the story, while the Warbound weren't around. There are plenty of ways around "Hulk smash everything" and I probably would have liked them more.

I am not sure how that would have anything to do with making the fights Hulk won more impressive if anything the whole hyping of him coming back angrier and stronger than ever would be nothing more than the hype itself. All you just listed me is personal preferences you would have changed to make it a better story or more enjoyable story for YOU. It doesn't tell me at all how Hulks fight would be more impressive if we had him lose and get bailed by others.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RaynorJ

@mitran said:

@raynorj said:

@mitran said:

@raynorj said:

@mitran said:

@raynorj said:

@mitran said:

@raynorj said:
    @mitran said:

I don't know. I'm not the one who was paid to come up with the story. I simply didn't find it entertaining. But if I were to spitball? Have Reed or Strange come up with feasible plans. Make Juggernaut a bigger threat (harken back to classic days). Have Iron Man's Hulkbuster actually work. And the story could continue by having the Warbound or Amadeus Cho and the Champions do stuff independently of Hulk for a bit before breaking Hulk out of however he was incapacitated. I liked the parts where he needed help and I liked his allies. Or maybe he could even do stuff as Banner to continue the story, while the Warbound weren't around. There are plenty of ways around "Hulk smash everything" and I probably would have liked them more.

I am not sure how that would have anything to do with making the fights Hulk won more impressive if anything the whole hyping of him coming back angrier and stronger than ever would be nothing more than the hype itself. All you just listed me is personal preferences you would have changed to make it a better story or more enjoyable story for YOU. It doesn't tell me at all how Hulks fight would be more impressive if we had him lose and get bailed by others.

As I recall, you asked how the story would continue if Hulk had lost a battle and who he would lose it against, then how the story could continue if it didn't have Hulk smashing. Not how I would have been more impressed with his fights. I answered appropriately. In any case, personal preference is what dictates how impressive I or anyone finds something. You seem to find "Hulk smashing, but bigger" impressive. I don't. It's a difference of opinion. You're not going to convince me things were impressive because there was no alternative to how the fights could have played out.

But that doesn't answer the original question. And that's the thing it's just personal preference because you found the fights unimpressive doesn't mean others have and in fact in reality some of them where impressive when all things are considered. And of course i wouldn't dream of trying to convince you otherwise, i know that's a pipe dream with people on this forum.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.