Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Where should I start reading Hulk comics?

AmanSihra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AmanSihra

Hey guys Ive been collecting comics for about a month and I just watched hulk vs wolverine. I think Hulk is preety cool but I just dont know where to start with the comics. Could you tell me what issues are mandatory to read and which issues are good?

Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Feliciano2040

Greg Pak is one good way to start with The Hulk, he was the latest writer and he did a decent job on the character, that said, you should get from his run both the "Planet Hulk" and "World War Hulk" TPB's, those two are really good, for more classic stories you should get "Future Imperfect" by Peter David and George Perez, or a little something from the Bruce Jones' run.

If you really liked Hulk Vs. Wolverine, then I would greatly recommend "Ultimate Hulk Vs. Wolverine", it's an awesome mini drawn by Leinil Yu and written by Damon Lindelf, one of the producers of LOST.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By gravitypress

John Byrnes run was great. I liked Peter Davids as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.