What version of the Hulk do you prefer?

#1 Posted by fACEmelter88 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

There have been multiple Hulks over the years, smart, dumb, professor, Joe Fixit, world breaker amongst others but what do you prefer? I was sad when I read the Indestructible Hulk and current Avengers series to see that they dumbed the Hulk down again.I like my Hulk talking, not the dumb childish one that only says smash. I have loved Hulk my whole life but when Planet Hulk happened and Hulk was actually talking and was in tandem with Banner I had never been happier with my Hulk. From Planet Hulk through World War Hulk it was awesome. Seeing this talkative more individual Hulk carry over into The Incredible Hulk, which became The Incredible Hulks was my favorite time reading a Hulk series. Events like Chaos War and Dark Reign had great tie ins and arcs that really shaped the books like Fall of the Hulks, World War Hulks and Dark Son were great. This is a great run not only because Hulk was an actual person and not a dumb, voiceless brute but because Skaar, the She Hulks and A-Bomb were part of the cast. The Jason Aaron Incredible Hulk series was great too sadly it only lasted 15 issues.

#2 Posted by JetiiMitra (8870 posts) - - Show Bio

The one at the end of World War Hulk.

#3 Posted by i_like_swords (17290 posts) - - Show Bio

The green one

#4 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

eh, I can do with either as long as they written right.

#5 Posted by Pr0metheus (5464 posts) - - Show Bio

The one where Dr.Phil takes Banner's place.

#6 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the dumb Hulk. It seems way more fitting than a smart Hulk.

-$NG

#7 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

WWH or cosmic hulk

#8 Posted by JetiiMitra (8870 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran said:

The one at the end of World War Hulk.

#9 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8663 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by dbatdog (548 posts) - - Show Bio

which ever the strongest

#11 Posted by mikex20 (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

Dumb Hulk

#12 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

Joe Fixit. Strong & street smart.

#13 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7024 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

The post-Chaos War Hulk.

#15 Posted by RisingBean (4705 posts) - - Show Bio

Fixit, followed by the semi smart green one from the 60's.

I don't think you can build up characterization with the two year old version, but I don't dig Banner smart or Conan styled or any of that.

#16 Posted by Bierschneeman (4208 posts) - - Show Bio

ed norton....

#17 Posted by Deadgod (1500 posts) - - Show Bio

World War Hulk & Hulk Hogan brotha!

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18677 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage Hulk

World War Gravage Hulk

Joe Fixit.

#19 Edited by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the simplicity of Savage Hulk, the badassery and presence of Green Scar and the overall coolness of Joe Fixit.

#20 Edited by justice teen (494 posts) - - Show Bio

never read a hulk comic, but I do love the one that his new show portrays. I feel hulk and banner should cooperate to some extent

#21 Posted by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage Hulk

World War Gravage Hulk

Joe Fixit.

yep.

#22 Posted by Primebonnick (2909 posts) - - Show Bio

i do like the green scar one i hoping for a round 2 with sentry.

#23 Edited by medulaoblaganda (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@facemelter88: did you read indestructible hulk 11? Hulk actually talked in full sentences at the end

#24 Posted by Takao0815 (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Bandless Hulk

#25 Edited by Bezza (3856 posts) - - Show Bio

Planet Hulk....he showed a tenderness in that story I never knew existed. World War hulk started to annoy me near the end. A total disregard for the safety of anyone around him, he was arguably more menace than hero in that particular storyline. My other favourite is ruffalo Hulk from the Avengers. He pulled some seriously impressive stunts!

#26 Edited by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that any incarnation works well. Though personally I like Savage.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.