What is the weakness of The Hulk?

#1 Posted by Psy_Locke (32 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the weakness of The Hulk?

#2 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18682 posts) - - Show Bio

Gas used to be a weakness, not anymore.

hulk really doesn' t have weaknesses, only maybe energy absorption, but that only works with silver surfer.

#3 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

stronger characters

#4 Posted by dum529001 (1658 posts) - - Show Bio

Betty or any of his other past Wives.

#5 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

his weakness is he cares too much

#6 Posted by Takao0815 (108 posts) - - Show Bio

instability

#7 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

happiness

#8 Posted by Kiltro95 (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Laughter

#9 Posted by PCN24454 (454 posts) - - Show Bio

If he calms down

#10 Posted by CharlieJade (415 posts) - - Show Bio

1 Drugs from the Italian mafia

2 Zeus

3 Surf boards

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/118689/2420910-tumblr_m5kg83y1sp1ruq7eyo1_500.jpg

Hulk leaps away and is very much afraid

#11 Edited by PCN24454 (454 posts) - - Show Bio

@charliejade said:

2 Zeus

How did Zeus win so easily? I can accept him winning but Thor is officially the strongest hero in the Marvel universe. He only loses for them same reasons that Superman does. How come Hulk didn't even put up a fight?

#12 Edited by seekquaze (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@pcn24454 said:

How did Zeus win so easily? I can accept him winning but Thor is officially the strongest hero in the Marvel universe. He only loses for them same reasons that Superman does. How come Hulk didn't even put up a fight?

In the issue it is implied that Hulk intends to sacrifice himself thinking it will impress Zeus to use his magic to fix everyone's problems or something. Hulk wasn't really motivated to win. That is the out Pak gave. As for Zeus, he can augment his strength far beyond Thor's level via his innate magic. It is also implied that he may have been using magic to mess with the Hulk's healing factor. Each time he punched Hulk Zeus channeled his power to prevent the damage from instantly healing. At least that is one theory. Another is Zeus augmented himself so high he was simply doing that much damage. Zeus agreed to fight the hulk fist to fist, but nothing was said about Zeus channeling his innate power through his fists.

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18682 posts) - - Show Bio

wait, this was a question about his weaknesses in powers right?

#14 Edited by w0nd (4046 posts) - - Show Bio

@pcn24454 said:

@charliejade said:

2 Zeus

then thor better step up his game, because of late he has been getting trapped and knocked around, while beings like hyperion come in to save the day lol....

#15 Posted by Verotikryptonite (326 posts) - - Show Bio

95% of the posters on comicvine I guess.

#16 Edited by GhostRavage (9427 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol!

Hulk doesn't have any weaknesses, not even absorbing his powers. But reality warping, matter manipulation and cosmic projection can greatly affect him. Anyway, Hulk real weakness is himself. The greatest battle he has is with Banner and his inner demons.

#17 Posted by RealKing95 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and no, it all depends on the writer. A lot of writers for the hulk now say that gamma radiation is a weakness for him. If he gets exposed to too much radiation he will supposedly implode. If he gets his gamma radiation taken away very quickly, he may turn to ash.

#18 Posted by green_skaar (4718 posts) - - Show Bio

@verotikryptonite said:

Lol!

Hulk doesn't have any weaknesses, not even absorbing his powers. But reality warping, matter manipulation and cosmic projection can greatly affect him. Anyway, Hulk real weakness is himself. The greatest battle he has is with Banner and his inner demons.

#19 Edited by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: That whole Mini Event with the Xmen, hUlk, and Sp0ck revealed it to be puppies :P

#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (45541 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing! HULK SMASH!

#21 Posted by Bezza (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk doesn't really have a weakness as such, he just can be beaten by characters of sufficient power. I am not sure anyone has actually put down Hulk in World Breaker mode, have they? Surfer certainly has the right power-set providing he has the power cosmic to hand, even Surfer took a beating in Planet Hulk when his power cosmic was taken away...

#22 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza:

No one beat him in his World Breaker mode, not to say that it can't be done because it can. I doubt Surfer could do it, with Savage Hulk sure just drain him and that's it but WBH has proved to be pretty much immune to having his gamma energy drained by Red Hulk who in term drained Surfer from his cosmic energy and i doubt SS could beat a WBH in a straight up fight.

Anyway the answer is puppies seeing as in at least 2 different instances they have reverted Hulk to Bruce Banner.

#23 Edited by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj: You do realise that Rulk draining Surfer was a load of Loebforce PIS drivel that is as inaccurate as those who deny that evolution exists? And you do realise that Surfer has absorbed the energies of entire stars and even the Big Crunch which he used to kill two Galactus level beings in Annihilation? I really don't see WBH being that much more of a challenge as to being drained, especially when Hulk had the help of the Warbound in surprising Surfer on Planet Hulk. Surfer can just do the same thing again no problem. Or he can blow Hulk to pieces.

#24 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

stronger enemies

energy absorbers

power nullifiers

#25 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: First off, calm down. If you have problem with Loeb and his BS address it to him and not me. It's funny how you guys accept one form of the extreme but not the other i mean absorbing the big Crunch so that he can take out 2 Galactus level beings is not BS but him getting drained by someone else is. I wonder how badass he was when he got knocked out by a wall of bricks falling on his head. Anyway Hulk is an infinite well of energy so WBH may be too much for even Surfer to drain that is my personal opinion you can either take it or you don't. And no i don't believe he can just blow WBH to pieces that is just underrating the Hulk to a new level of extreme.

#26 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj: What makes you think I'm not calm? I'm only addressing Loeb's poorly written PIS insanity of Rulk actually being able to drain Silver Surfer. This is the same Rulk who somehow nearly beat the Watcher and who only Galactus could stop in that same storyline from which you cite. His fight scenes rely on a massive skewing of character's actual power levels hence why they're distrusted on here.

Secondly, it is kinda laughable that you assert Hulk is somehow an infinite source of energy when Surfer has faced down beings that make Hulk look like an ant in comparison. He's far from being 'infinite' in any way regardless of statements. Finally, given Surfer's track record against Hulk, it's clear he has the edge if he can make the Hulk feel scared of him as evident in the scan posted above of Surfer nearly killing the Hulk via gamma energy absorption. Not even WBH has a counter to anything the Surfer can throw at him. Planet level molecular manipulation, star level at least energy absorption and easily planet busting attacks put Surfer in a league outside of what Hulk can do. For a taster of what Surfer can do, check one of my debates out where I use the Surfer. To continue this would derail the thread but here you go: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comicvine.com%2Fforums%2Fbattles-7%2Fcav-comicstooge-cyborg-superman-vs-lvenger-ss-1480130%2F&ei=qViLUsu6B4eShgf9zoEg&usg=AFQjCNFPrz-C3WAbpPtrcwAeDEBbOFba7Q&sig2=QCa-4BB8JQwuAxqrAkDqZw&bvm=bv.56643336,d.ZG4

#27 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

The writer.

#28 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: The way you addressed me seemed to me like you where aggravated with what i said. I know the BS of Loebs Rulk he is my most hated character i still can't deny what had happened and i am using as just one of the possibilities. But like i said i love how people accept those extremes that make them happy but those that don't we try to deny. I am not just singling you out, everyone is at fault i like the idea of Hulk destroying the physical form of a being on the level of a Celestial with a single punch as much as i hate the idea of him getting knocked out by a bunch of random Gorillas but hey you take what you can get.

So has Thor but that doesn't mean that both of them make the Hulk look like an ant in comparison far from it. It just means that because of their powers and settings they have more potential to face and encounter galaxy level threats than someone who can't even fly and is stuck 90% of the time on planet Earth. I believe he has an infinite source of energy in him. WBH is a completely different Hulk in both mindset and power and i doubt he would get scarred from Surfer or get absorbed that easily. It's unfortunate that we don't have much from WBH to go on the best feat he had was destroying a planet without even the physical contact with it, so like i said i believe what i do and you can believe what you want.

#29 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj: As I said, continuing this train of thought would derail the thread from its original purpose so thanks for the agree to disagree conclusion.

#30 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34958 posts) - - Show Bio

Mental instability

#31 Posted by blazingwolf1994 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk has but one Weakness that he cares for others. But other then that he has no weakness.

#32 Posted by Verotikryptonite (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@raynorj: What makes you think I'm not calm? I'm only addressing Loeb's poorly written PIS insanity of Rulk actually being able to drain Silver Surfer. This is the same Rulk who somehow nearly beat the Watcher and who only Galactus could stop in that same storyline from which you cite. His fight scenes rely on a massive skewing of character's actual power levels hence why they're distrusted on here.

Secondly, it is kinda laughable that you assert Hulk is somehow an infinite source of energy when Surfer has faced down beings that make Hulk look like an ant in comparison. He's far from being 'infinite' in any way regardless of statements. Finally, given Surfer's track record against Hulk, it's clear he has the edge if he can make the Hulk feel scared of him as evident in the scan posted above of Surfer nearly killing the Hulk via gamma energy absorption. Not even WBH has a counter to anything the Surfer can throw at him. Planet level molecular manipulation, star level at least energy absorption and easily planet busting attacks put Surfer in a league outside of what Hulk can do. For a taster of what Surfer can do, check one of my debates out where I use the Surfer. To continue this would derail the thread but here you go: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comicvine.com%2Fforums%2Fbattles-7%2Fcav-comicstooge-cyborg-superman-vs-lvenger-ss-1480130%2F&ei=qViLUsu6B4eShgf9zoEg&usg=AFQjCNFPrz-C3WAbpPtrcwAeDEBbOFba7Q&sig2=QCa-4BB8JQwuAxqrAkDqZw&bvm=bv.56643336,d.ZG4

Well in this guy's defense, a Peter David penned Apocalypse stated the Hulks energy could surpass that of a Celestial

So yea, Hulk could feasibly rival the Surfer in terms of power

#33 Edited by Bezza (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

..Hulk's weakness is turning back to Banner..the Surfer has always been one character who can beat the Hulk by draining his energy using cosmic power. All characters have a nemesis, Wolverine's is Magneto, Supermans is probably Despero or someone like that, Hulk's is Silver Surfer.

However, would be interesting to see if the WB Hulk could stand up to the Surfer. Seeing as the current state of Hulk comics suggest he wont be around for some time, I guess we may never find out!

..but Hulk doesn't have a bona fide weakness like most characters...

#34 Edited by Lateralus (1783 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.