Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

what is the hulk

greenk_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By greenk_warrior

what is the hulk, just a jekle/hyd thing or something else

greenk_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By greenk_warrior

thats weird because he got mutated by a nuclear explosion and for something human based he should no be that strong

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

The Hulk is many things. What, exactly, depends on the time of the story, and the necessity thereof. The Hulk used to be a monster, born of gamma radiation, Bruce Banner's repressed rage unleashed. His helplessness as a child as an abusive father beat his mother forced him to repress his anger, until it finally was able to get out as the Hulk. However, Bruce didn't just repress his rage. As his life went on, he repressed his guilt, creating yet another Hulk, deep inside his mind. And as he became more and more resentful of the world hunting him, he created a powerful monstrosity of such might it took several Hulk's to lock it away within his mind: The Devil Hulk, who wishes only to see the world burn.

Now, away from specific origins and identities and onwards to the more... esoteric? Sure. Onwards to the more esoteric explanation: The Hulk is, in my opinion, the physical incarnation of strength in the Marvel Universe. While there are definitely characters stronger than him by far, who can beat and even kill him with ease, such as Zeus. Hulk has the potential to beat them all, as long as he's angry enough. But don't think that's an excuse to say "Hulk can beat ANYONE if he's mad enough!" While that's fundamentally true, there is an upper limit to his rage that would be very difficult to be break. While he is POTENTIALLY the strongest being in the Marvel U, while he IS, again, my opinion, the physical incarnation of strength, he can still be beaten by a superior force, if he's not angry enough. But we've already traveled too far into my personal opinion on the Hulk, and I apologize for that. You ask what is the Hulk?

A monster. A hero. A father. A husband. A leader.

A very sad and angry man.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@greenk_warrior: Yes and people don't get super powers from bug bites, god like aliens don't gather power from the sun to save the day and magic isn't real, what's your point?

greenk_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By greenk_warrior

i'm saying how can anger and rage make a man green, 10 feet tall and not limited to punching out galactis,

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

@greenk_warrior: A. He couldn't punch out Galactus on his best day and B. That question could be asked about the power source of literally any super powered character ever created.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@JonSmith said:

The Hulk is many things. What, exactly, depends on the time of the story, and the necessity thereof. The Hulk used to be a monster, born of gamma radiation, Bruce Banner's repressed rage unleashed. His helplessness as a child as an abusive father beat his mother forced him to repress his anger, until it finally was able to get out as the Hulk. However, Bruce didn't just repress his rage. As his life went on, he repressed his guilt, creating yet another Hulk, deep inside his mind. And as he became more and more resentful of the world hunting him, he created a powerful monstrosity of such might it took several Hulk's to lock it away within his mind: The Devil Hulk, who wishes only to see the world burn.

Now, away from specific origins and identities and onwards to the more... esoteric? Sure. Onwards to the more esoteric explanation: The Hulk is, in my opinion, the physical incarnation of strength in the Marvel Universe. While there are definitely characters stronger than him by far, who can beat and even kill him with ease, such as Zeus. Hulk has the potential to beat them all, as long as he's angry enough. But don't think that's an excuse to say "Hulk can beat ANYONE if he's mad enough!" While that's fundamentally true, there is an upper limit to his rage that would be very difficult to be break. While he is POTENTIALLY the strongest being in the Marvel U, while he IS, again, my opinion, the physical incarnation of strength, he can still be beaten by a superior force, if he's not angry enough. But we've already traveled too far into my personal opinion on the Hulk, and I apologize for that. You ask what is the Hulk?

*Slowly claps* That was beautiful man. Well said.

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Luster77

@JonSmith: Amazing....All these attributes can be contributed to that of a.......KING.......you've seen the books......KING HULK will return.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Martian

@JonSmith said:

^ What he said ;)

greenk_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By greenk_warrior

maybe the hulk is a brand new demon, because bruce banner most likely partily died that day the explosion went off. the bit that died was maybe infused with the gamma and got stuck inside bruce as a vessel.

thoughts?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By SoA

Hulk smash. that is all.

Abirzenith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Abirzenith

One question guys ? Like everyone else doesn't hulk's anger has limit too ? or is it limitless? as far as i know anger has limits , to the point where one can snap and that's it how can you go beyond that ? 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.