What if......Hulk had been present for Civil War?

#1 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Say that Hulk was never launched into space, and had been lying low in USA while the Registration Act had started up. What could have happened? What would have happened? Would he fight on Cap's side, or Tony's? Would he fight at all?

Let's hear some imaginative stuff.

#2 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if he was never sent into space, he'd still be pretty stupid right? He'd probably just wreak havoc and distract the Iron Man and the pro-reg side. Caps side would probably just help them take down the Hulk if it gets too bad.

#3 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

I Seeing how he is still savage hulk he would probably just follow sentry like a dog. Thats what I think.

#4 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I figure that Bruce would be kinda laying low for a while to just keep out of it, and then either Cap's side (the dude used Punisher.....I don't think that he'd have too much of a problem using the Hulk in some situations) or Iron Man's side would come to get him. Bruce would probably refuse to go with Iron Man as he wants to stay out of it, and then......well, something goes down, lol.

That's kinda what I see happening.

#5 Posted by Jax (7542 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd probably try to destroy any who tried to attack him if he managed to wander to the battlefield and like Zero said if it got too bad they would take him down.

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see Hulk fighting in cap's side

#7 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

If Hulk was around I could see him being used as to bring the tow sides together again. Like they have to band togeher to fight him off and protect the city.

#8 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk wouldn't help any one hed tell them all to go to hell.

#9 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

If he was around during the civil war, the world war hulk personality and arc and the planet hulk arc wouldn't exist. 

#10 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Copy said:
"

I Seeing how he is still savage hulk he would probably just follow sentry like a dog. Thats what I think.

"
That's what I don't get. Sentry calmed Hulk down, so why not just make sure Hulk was Sentry's sidekick all of the time? Why bother shooting him into space if you have someone on earth that keeps him from rampaging?
#11 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's Bruce Banner/Hulk I see Bruce siding with the Pro-Reg side, while Hulk would depend on his state of mind. I think Tony and Reed may have been forced to finally find a cure for him, or put him in the 42 Negative Zone prison preemptively. I think the latter could have made for a good story, but probably not as good as Planet Hulk. Better than WWH though.

#12 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"If it's Bruce Banner/Hulk I see Bruce siding with the Pro-Reg side, while Hulk would depend on his state of mind. I think Tony and Reed may have been forced to finally find a cure for him, or put him in the 42 Negative Zone prison preemptively. I think the latter could have made for a good story, but probably not as good as Planet Hulk. Better than WWH though."
Good analysis.  Now I'm off to play C&C as the vine seems kind of dull right now.
#13 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"If it's Bruce Banner/Hulk I see Bruce siding with the Pro-Reg side, while Hulk would depend on his state of mind. I think Tony and Reed may have been forced to finally find a cure for him, or put him in the 42 Negative Zone prison preemptively. I think the latter could have made for a good story, but probably not as good as Planet Hulk. Better than WWH though."
Good analysis.  Now I'm off to play C&C as the vine seems kind of dull right now.
#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk needed to be gone during Civil War and he was.If he had been there he would have been on no side.when he f#cked Vegas up he was beyond reason.They would have ended up having to deal with two crisis at once and that would have ruined alot.

#15 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Hulk would have been on his side but since Ironman would gone after him because of him being a wildcard and a loose cannon, he would have doing damage that would helped Cap's side.

#16 Posted by Rdeegvainl (775 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they would have used hulk as another poster boy for why the registration needed to exist. First by showing the massive damage he causes that someone needs to be punished for, and secondly showing "untrained" superhero's making a total mess of things trying to stop him. And they could still have the planet hulk and WWH happen, just starts a little later. They "Banish" him from earth, and the rest follows as it did.

#17 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Rdeegvainl said:
"I think they would have used hulk as another poster boy for why the registration needed to exist. First by showing the massive damage he causes that someone needs to be punished for, and secondly showing "untrained" superhero's making a total mess of things trying to stop him. And they could still have the planet hulk and WWH happen, just starts a little later. They "Banish" him from earth, and the rest follows as it did.
"
Well atleat the fight between the Hulk and Sentry may have turned out different. Ironman would have sent him and the Hulk wouldn't have been as powerful.
#18 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry would make Hulk side with Iron Man,during the battle Hulk would get crazy (especialy when Sentry gets punched or knocked out) and goes on rampage and the two teams would team up and bring him down.the rest i dont have a clue

#19 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry would make Hulk side with Iron Man,during the battle Hulk would get crazy (especialy when Sentry gets punched or knocked out) and goes on rampage and the two teams would team up and bring him down.the rest i dont have a clue

#20 Edited by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio

They purposely created World War Hulk as a reason to get Hulk out before Civil War...they did the same with Sentry during SI..they just didn't make an event out of it.For events like this they either have to depower some people or get them out of the way because if Hulk had been there during Civll War..who knows what he would have done.The Mighty Avengers and Secret Avengers would have ended up having to team up to take him down.

#21 Posted by TheDrifter (26556 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk would prolly go crazy and crush buildings etc etc. The way I see it happening is, he destroys some stuff. Iron Man finds him, gives him a shot to control Hulk and Bruce joins Iron Man's side.

Lame idea I know, but thats all I got

#22 Posted by knife (59 posts) - - Show Bio

He possible would be fighting both sides, and be caught in the middle.

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio
knife said:
"He possible would be fighting both sides, and be caught in the middle."
It' not possible for someone with his lack of intellect to do that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.