What if Hulk & Banner became freinds?

Posted by DATNIGGA (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

Over the years banner has been plagued by the Hulk. Hulk ruined his life in many ways & he has tried EXTREMELY hard to separate himself from Hulk. recently.. he got his wish. Dr doom separated them

but banner went crazy Hulk killed him via Gamma bomb.. (its ironic cause thats how all this started) but it seems the gamma bomb though destroying banners body seems to have molded them back together.. but now its the opposite instead of Hulk ruining banners life Banner is ruining Hulks life.. the roles were drastically reversed.. so yet there still enemies but two sides of the same coin however what could they accomplish if they became friends?

there in the same body are are to sides of the same coin what one has the other lacks they complement each other similar to Naruto & Kurama...

Naruto:

a regular person leads a life like banner does

kurama:

filled with hatred & misunderstood by the world as a monster like the hulk... but both stuck in the same body but then they put aside there differences &....

together they become someone more powerful

banner is a genius hulk is a rampaging powerful being if they worked together as friends.. they would accomplish so much more. & this could definitely happen cause many things have changed in the marvel U...

VENOM & MAGENTO ARE GOOD GUYS

ROUGE CAN TOUCH PEOPLE

PROFESSOR X GETTING KICKED OUT OF THE X MEN..

stuff happens so its not a matter of can they become friends.. the question is what would comics be like if these two..

actually got along?

#1 Posted by Silavite (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be an interesting twist, I personally would like it. But how would it happen? Would it happen gradually over a very long period of time, perhaps it could be uniting against a common foe (I dunno who it would be) and finding out they liked eachother?? As I said before, cool concept, but making it happen will require alot of thought.

#2 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this is how they end the current hulk/banner seperation

#3 Posted by DATNIGGA (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

@samuel_larson_10: They already are back together banner is making hulks life a living hell

@Silavite: I guess it could happen by better understanding each other

#4 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA said:

@samuel_larson_10: They already are back together banner is making hulks life a living hell

@Silavite: I guess it could happen by better understanding each other

yes I know they got back together, I was talking about the whole "insane banner" deal

#5 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18370 posts) - - Show Bio

please people don't take aarons run seriously

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34369 posts) - - Show Bio

For the Hulk and Banner to make friends Banner needs to accept himself as a person, flaws and all! People seem to think that Bruce and Hulk are different pepole, they are not, Hulk is a part of Bruces psyche, his inner child, all his anger management issues, all his fears, flaws and doubts personified, for them to make friends Banner needs to accept his emotional issues and deal with them

#7 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
 @TheAcidSkull said:

please people don't take aarons run seriously

THIS 
 
@Jonny_Anonymous said:
For the Hulk and Banner to make friends Banner needs to accept himself as a person, flaws and all! People seem to think that Bruce and Hulk are different pepole, they are not, Hulk is a part of Bruces psyche, his inner child, all his anger management issues, all his fears, flaws and doubts personified, for them to make friends Banner needs to accept his emotional issues and deal with them
Well said. Though I think that World War Hulk was arguably a true unity of spirit between Banner and his Hulk-side.
#8 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18370 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: thank you, i'm glad someone gets it, Jason Aaron is making a fool out of hulk, he practically ignores everything \pak and David have done

#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAcidSkull: Aaron's a hack. His Hulk run proves he has no grasp on how to write characters with any depth. 
#10 Posted by Billy Batson (58275 posts) - - Show Bio

^Meanwhile in Scalped, lol.
BB

#11 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18370 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheAcidSkull: Aaron's a hack. His Hulk run proves he has no grasp on how to write characters with any depth.

i know right? he just practically took a huge dump on hulk fans , i am so glad waid an Yu are taking over

#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

^Meanwhile in Scalped, lol.
BB

One good story does not a writer make.  And it's Scalped, the Vertigo series for people who don't read comics that actually matter :P
 
@TheAcidSkull said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheAcidSkull: Aaron's a hack. His Hulk run proves he has no grasp on how to write characters with any depth.

i know right? he just practically took a huge dump on hulk fans , i am so glad waid an Yu are taking over

Yup. Thank goodness. Waid is a million times the writer Aaron is. 
#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18370 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Billy Batson said:

^Meanwhile in Scalped, lol.
BB

One good story does not a writer make. And it's Scalped, the Vertigo series for people who don't read comics that actually matter :P

@TheAcidSkull said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheAcidSkull: Aaron's a hack. His Hulk run proves he has no grasp on how to write characters with any depth.

i know right? he just practically took a huge dump on hulk fans , i am so glad waid an Yu are taking over

Yup. Thank goodness. Waid is a million times the writer Aaron is.

if it's ok with you, could you tell me one of waids best stories

#14 Posted by worldbreakerhulk (248 posts) - - Show Bio

two persons can't be friends when one doesn't want another to exist :)

#15 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAcidSkull said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Billy Batson said:

^Meanwhile in Scalped, lol.
BB

One good story does not a writer make. And it's Scalped, the Vertigo series for people who don't read comics that actually matter :P

@TheAcidSkull said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheAcidSkull: Aaron's a hack. His Hulk run proves he has no grasp on how to write characters with any depth.

i know right? he just practically took a huge dump on hulk fans , i am so glad waid an Yu are taking over

Yup. Thank goodness. Waid is a million times the writer Aaron is.

if it's ok with you, could you tell me one of waids best stories

Kingdom Come, Superman: Birthright, everything good that happened in Flash since Flash was created happened in Waid's run, Irredeemable, his Legion of Super-Heroes run is the best teen-based comic book series ever.  
 
Basically all of his stuff has been enjoyable, and he understands the characters he writes. Sometimes his plotting is not so stellar, but his character work is always top-notch. He was the guy who made Reed Richards lovable. Not just likable, LOVABLE. But then Millar killed that.
#16 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18370 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Billy Batson said:

^Meanwhile in Scalped, lol.
BB

One good story does not a writer make. And it's Scalped, the Vertigo series for people who don't read comics that actually matter :P

@TheAcidSkull said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheAcidSkull: Aaron's a hack. His Hulk run proves he has no grasp on how to write characters with any depth.

i know right? he just practically took a huge dump on hulk fans , i am so glad waid an Yu are taking over

Yup. Thank goodness. Waid is a million times the writer Aaron is.

if it's ok with you, could you tell me one of waids best stories

Kingdom Come, Superman: Birthright, everything good that happened in Flash since Flash was created happened in Waid's run, Irredeemable, his Legion of Super-Heroes run is the best teen-based comic book series ever.

Basically all of his stuff has been enjoyable, and he understands the characters he writes. Sometimes his plotting is not so stellar, but his character work is always top-notch. He was the guy who made Reed Richards lovable. Not just likable, LOVABLE. But then Millar killed that.

thanks man, you got me all excited about the new hulk run thats coming out in November, if there is anybody that could top Pak and David it's probably waid

#17 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAcidSkull said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

if it's ok with you, could you tell me one of waids best stories

Kingdom Come, Superman: Birthright, everything good that happened in Flash since Flash was created happened in Waid's run, Irredeemable, his Legion of Super-Heroes run is the best teen-based comic book series ever.

Basically all of his stuff has been enjoyable, and he understands the characters he writes. Sometimes his plotting is not so stellar, but his character work is always top-notch. He was the guy who made Reed Richards lovable. Not just likable, LOVABLE. But then Millar killed that.

thanks man, you got me all excited about the new hulk run thats coming out in November, if there is anybody that could top Pak and David it's probably waid

No worries.  
Yeah, I'm excited for it. I hate virtually everything in modern comics, but Waid and Yu on Hulk is a bit of a dream team, imo.
#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18370 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

if it's ok with you, could you tell me one of waids best stories

Kingdom Come, Superman: Birthright, everything good that happened in Flash since Flash was created happened in Waid's run, Irredeemable, his Legion of Super-Heroes run is the best teen-based comic book series ever.

Basically all of his stuff has been enjoyable, and he understands the characters he writes. Sometimes his plotting is not so stellar, but his character work is always top-notch. He was the guy who made Reed Richards lovable. Not just likable, LOVABLE. But then Millar killed that.

thanks man, you got me all excited about the new hulk run thats coming out in November, if there is anybody that could top Pak and David it's probably waid

No worries. Yeah, I'm excited for it. I hate virtually everything in modern comics, but Waid and Yu on Hulk is a bit of a dream team, imo.

agreed :), but i feel sorry for thor, Aaron is going to be writing him

#19 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAcidSkull said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

if it's ok with you, could you tell me one of waids best stories

Kingdom Come, Superman: Birthright, everything good that happened in Flash since Flash was created happened in Waid's run, Irredeemable, his Legion of Super-Heroes run is the best teen-based comic book series ever.

Basically all of his stuff has been enjoyable, and he understands the characters he writes. Sometimes his plotting is not so stellar, but his character work is always top-notch. He was the guy who made Reed Richards lovable. Not just likable, LOVABLE. But then Millar killed that.

thanks man, you got me all excited about the new hulk run thats coming out in November, if there is anybody that could top Pak and David it's probably waid

No worries. Yeah, I'm excited for it. I hate virtually everything in modern comics, but Waid and Yu on Hulk is a bit of a dream team, imo.

agreed :), but i feel sorry for thor, Aaron is going to be writing him

Ugh, Thor hasn't caught a break since Gillen left. 
#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (15085 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaron's run started really great and then everything went to hell.

#21 Posted by Billy Batson (58275 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Billy Batson said:

^Meanwhile in Scalped, lol.
BB

One good story does not a writer make. And it's Scalped, the Vertigo series for people who don't read comics that actually matter :P

Pffft, it does when it's among the greatest work from Vertigo. And it's not like he hasn't written anything else that wasn't good.
And besides his Hulk run and events (that are heavily edited) have you hated from him?
BB

#22 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Billy Batson said:

^Meanwhile in Scalped, lol.
BB

One good story does not a writer make. And it's Scalped, the Vertigo series for people who don't read comics that actually matter :P

Pffft, it does when it's among the greatest work from Vertigo. And it's not like he hasn't written anything else that wasn't good.
And besides his Hulk run and events (that are heavily edited) have you hated from him?
BB

Everything he's written for Marvel is exploitative garbage. Though not on the level of Mark Millar, of course. 
#23 Posted by Billy Batson (58275 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that doesn't sound right. From what I've heard his work has been received rather well :-/
BB

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.