What I would do With Ultimate HULK.

Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

What I would do with Ultimate Hulk.

Ultimate Hulk

it recently come to my attention that The ultimate hulk needs serious remodeling, and unlike his 616 counterpart he has so much potential to go in a different direction in comparison to the jade giant, so i made this thread because here are a few things i think would be good for the hulk.

Ultimate Hulks Current status.

The thing is, ultimate hulk is still the same as he was when he was first introduced, he is still the cannibalistic monster who likes to smash things, and banner is still the milksop smart guy who is less dynamic and interesting then his 616 counterpart, at one point though banner did take control of the Hulk during The HULK Vs wolverine mini series, but then banner and hulk were reverted to their old status of being the monster, and i didn't really like this since it was a major step-back in character development, and no one is really doing anything different with the hulk. now people might start saying something like " I want ultimate hulk be more like 616 hulk" , but if we do that then Ultimate hulk won't be original, and also Let me explain something , turning Reed into the maker for example was stupid , you know why? because he was an established character, while Hulk appears once in while just to pose a threat to the heroes, therefore changing him won't be much of a problem, since he isn't so important.

The 616 Hulk has done so much things in comparison to his ultimate version. lets see he "

• Became Nul the breaker of worlds.
  • was sent of to another planet to be enslaved.
  • became the king on the very same planet.
  • waged war against the Illuminati.
  • was separated from banner....again.
  • was shifting in general between personalities.
  • etc.

now i see a lot of potential for ultimate hulk, which i'll get into later, but i don't like seeing him getting wasted as a punching bad and used repeatedly as a brick. His cannibalistic tendencies can be used for some interesting stories as well.

What would i do That would make Ultimate hulk more Unique from his 616 counterpart.

The 616 Hulk and banner have developed a Brother type of relationship , both of them blame each other for the death of their mother and both experienced the abuse dished out by his father , brain banner. Now i for one won't be taking the same approach with the Ultimate version, in fact , i'm gonna do something completely different. Instead of Hulk and banner hating each other , banner will be doing the hating, while hulk will look up to banner, which i will explain further. Banner, already having enough death on his hands, will seek the help of The Maker( he actually will be useful for something this time), to built a device that will allow Bruce to mentally Remove the HULK. While reed reject his offer at first, banner convinces him that this might be of use to him in his future plans. Reed fulfills his promise and helps banner enter his own mind. While banner enters he will have a little squabble with the hulk, and during the this time, hulk gains a big part of banners intelligence , but they don't merge, and something interesting happens. Hulk Develops a attachment to banner and views banner as his father, since he is in fact his creator, and form this point on he does everything banner tells him to, so instead of going to the avengers or something, banner will set his own missions to lead the hulk on a path to purify himself of all the terrible things he has done. Also remember how i said that cannibalism thing could be explored? i personally think that hulk fighting his tendencies to eat people for his "father" could be interesting, and if handled by a good writer( meaning anyone else but me XD) , it could be quite emotional.

HULKS ENEMIES.

Hulk never had a stable rogers gallery to being with, which in fact provides another opportunity to re-introduced or even created new villains for the hulk. I for one would bring back the abomination, since i personally think he was killed way to soon. I would also take a villain from the 616 universe and give him a remodel, villain like bi-beats for example, a personally though i had was too give place one of his faces on his stomach, change his skin clot to a blue/greenish color, and give him uber large sharp shark teeth. he might look something like this:

SUCH BEAUTY!

Just imagine him with a monster face on his belly. But this doesn't have to stop at Bi-beast, in fact, there are many other villains that could be used foe the Hulk, maybe an ultimate absorbing man ? no? okay.....

Hulks Slugfests.

We know that Thing had already taken a different turn in truing into a purple humanoid, but he doesn't lack the strength ! unlike the 616 version of the thing who has fallen way behind the hulk( while hulk himself became even more powerful than before) , the 610 thing could be on par with the hulk and it could actually became a great feud:

PURPLE MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER!

And why stop at the thing? we can make Hulk fight Thor, and Thor isn't as tough as psychically as he is in his 616 Universe , meaning that he will have to use mjolnir a lot more than usual if he is gonna keep up with HULK.

BY ODIN'S TOES! THIS PIC IS AWESOME!

well thats all i have to say, this in my opinion would take a useless character and actually give him role in the ultimate universe.

The End.

#1 Posted by God_Spawn (37880 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice blog, little bro.

#2 Posted by Ryanmcfarland (51 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds like ah good idea

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Nice blog, little bro.

Thanks man :), and i see someone became a mod :D, congrats.

#4 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring in a Red Hulk. Maybe not Ross, probably a much younger Hulk that's brash and punk, but not the gangster "Hulk" that was in Ultimate a while back.

#5 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

Bring in a Red Hulk. Maybe not Ross, probably a much younger Hulk that's brash and punk, but not the gangster "Hulk" that was in Ultimate a while back.

couldn't resist could you?:P

#6 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

I'm persistent, I know. :B

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@TheAcidSkull:

I'm persistent, I know. :B

:D

#8 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

:P

#9 Posted by Strider92 (16454 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. As I stopped reading the Ultimate universe my knowledge on current stuff isn't that great. This does look like it would have great potential though!

#10 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Nice. As I stopped reading the Ultimate universe my knowledge on current stuff isn't that great. This does look like it would have great potential though!

thanks, it's just that it seemed to me that this hulk could be important instead of being big ol brick.......i stopped reading the ultimate unvierese as well though...

#11 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20239 posts) - - Show Bio

Great blog post! I completely agree!

#12 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Great blog post! I completely agree!

Thanks !

#13 Posted by LastOblivion (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice! This could happen, it's a good idea, and I want so see more Ultimate Hulk.

Btw does anyone knows if he appeared recently? I last saw him in Ultimate Fallout. (I'm reading Ultimate Spidey, and just started The Ultimates and X-men.)

#14 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@LastOblivion said:

Nice! This could happen, it's a good idea, and I want so see more Ultimate Hulk.

Btw does anyone knows if he appeared recently? I last saw him in Ultimate Fallout. (I'm reading Ultimate Spidey, and just started The Ultimates and X-men.)

no idea! last i saw of him was when the maker tricked him to switch sides.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.