What I Want To See In Mark Waid's Indestructible Hulk!

Posted by TheAcidSkull (18285 posts) - - Show Bio

What I Want To See In Mark Waid's Indestructible Hulk!

DAT HAIRCUT!

After Jason Aaron's Monstrous run, Hulk Got a relaunch and was given a new title " indestructible Hulk". The Well Known writer Mark Waid Has been assigned to take hulk on a new road of epic adventures. But as a Uber Hulk Nazi, there are of course a couple of things i really really want to see in hulks new run, so this is basically what the title says , everything i want to see is summed up in this blog !

Hulk/Banner relationship!

Go Away!

On of the most interesting things about the hulk is his relationship with banner , seeing the brains vs Brawn Clash was always a huge treat for me. Even from 2 issues, it's clear that we have banner as the dominant side to the equation, and though i support this with all my heart, is still don't want hulk to be completely a weapon. So Far we've only heard hulk say the word Racker ( he was trying to say Fracker), but I think waid that hulk will be talking, just NOT when he is angry. Anyways, it'd be interesting to see how banner deals with hulk, if the jade giant decides to revolt against banners plans, in fact i think i'd make an interesting story arc.

Banner Smash?

Banner rocks !

Ok Ok , you might be wondering on why i chose this, the new motto is sopoused to be " Hulk Smashes, Banner Built's!" anyways, but banner could become a part of the action too you know. Waid seems to have covered the "Brain" side of banner, but when needed to Bruce is no slouch in fighting either, during Greg Paks Incredible Hulks run, banner seemed pretty involved in many different types of fights, he didn't want to be apart of most of them but they still count right? yeah.....so my point is, now that banner is 100% sure of what he is doing, it seems more likely to me that he might start to * excuses my language * Kick some major Ass!

here are some examples i can remember:

• Incredible Hulks 612-613#: as Banner tries to restore whats left of his family, Betty becomes overwhelmed by her emotions and she hulks-out. Banner tries to reason with her but soon learns that all is futile. Betty grabs banner and throws him around, but due to banners tech shields , banner doesn't have a a scratch on her, in fact, he seems completely unharmed by it.
  • Incredible Hulk 602#: While in the midst of leaning the ways to kill his father, skaar goes against many different foes , one of them was the unstoppable juggernaut. But Cain has nothing against skaar, only banner, and because of this( and also because Bruce apparently blew Cains house up), Marko decides to squash banner, but again, Bruce's shields seem to be doing a great job of protecting him.
  • Incredible hulk 606#: One of my favorite battles for banner. Bruce goes against doom himself, and his tech actually does considerably well, hell Bruce even managed to shut down dooms devices!
  • Incredible Hulks 615#: NOW WE'RE TALKING! banner fights multiple men armed with guns, while he himself was holding a gun!

so you get the point! now that banner more focused than anything, i'd be awesome if banner managed to fight some of his own battles, and if things get out of hand, then we all know what would happen!

The Armor

Great Job Yu!

There are two ways this Armor could go:

First of all, i think this armor, instead of making the hulk stronger and tougher( he doesn't need that anyways) this armor could be for restricting hulk immense power, so banner could take more control of the green Goliath, so he could keep damage at a minimal. and if things get out of hand, banner could remove that armor and leave it up to the hulk, because no one, and i mean NO ONE knows how to SMASH better than the hulkster.

or

The Armor would be used for many powerful weaponry, these are the following things i think it should have: Shields, flight and teleportation.

and well we all know it's gonna have a communication system, what with all the shield business.

Villains or Opponents

it's a wonder what you could find on deviant art

Mark Waid made it clear that he would be avoiding the topical Hulk villains like the Leader and abomination, and he gave us a few preview on who would hulk be facing, as i recall he mentioned frost giants, kang the conqueror and form issue 4 we get to see hulk face off against attuma, though i have no idea on how a 40 tonner would beat a 100 tonner who's power increases with anger.....he'll probably get an amp...yeah thats it....

here are some of the people i want hulk to fight

Dr Doom

Dr Doom

After the terrible job Aaron did with dr doom, we need someone as awesome as waid to make the character shine again. doom is a perfect choice for the hulk, because he can with his fast intellect and fight hulk head on with his magic and technology! this would be an epic clash indeed ! plus waid has good experience writing Dr doom, and i'm sure he'll do awesome things with him.

The Devil Hulk

Devil hulk

Now here is a villain that hasn't been used over a decade! and i have no idea why know one wanted to use the devil hulk as an adversary for the hulk! This choice would be excellent considering banner new attitude! just thing about it, you have all these great plans and then suddenly something gets loose in your cooked up mind that should chine deep with in your subconscious. Banner could show off all the YOGA skills he has learned which could be combined with his tech made from shields recourse.

as for DH powers, his strength for one thing should be above that of an average "hulk" lol, and his powers magnitude should become greater with hate instead of anger, since he represents banner evil/dark side.

The Juggernaut

JUGGERNAUT!

probably one of the few people who could seriously challenge the hulk in physical combat. he would be an excellent opponent for the hulk! i think a clash between cain and the Hulk would be make for a great slugfest, plus under Yus pencil! it'd be a real threat :D

Mad Man

I know i know, "no typical Hulk villains!"! but mad man didn't really stick around for a long time though, well at least no long enough to qualify as a "permanent villain". and there are a lot of things that could be done with him. He could provide a mystery element to the book , for example he could be leaving clues for banner, that only a very smart and powerful creature could solve, which mean mad man would live up to his name and banner would combine his brute force and mass intellect into an unstoppable force! and this is just one interpretation for what could be done! there are several thing which mark waids imaginative brain could come up with, so i really hope he considers madman as a hulk villain for his awesome run !

Team Ups!

DEFENDERS SMASH !

now this is somewhere i know waid is gonna succeed by 100% ! considering his banner/tony dynamic was amazing ! but still there are some team ups i want to point out, sooooooooo yeah here we go:

Hulk And Thor

Thor !

sue me, but i really want this to happen. thor and hulk share an interesting feud, it's like the opposite to that of the relationship tony and banner have. while iron man and bruce challenge each other intellect , Hulk and Thor fight to determine who is the strongest , and since waid already dropped a teaser of a magical hammer coming a long, and also the fact that hulk will fight frost giants, i think thor will be coming a long soon :D

Namor

NAMOR!

before you attack me, Namor could be a good choice for the hulk book, considering that hulk will soon be facing off against attuma. I think namor would be surprised at banners new attitude, i mean , how oculd namor respect someone like banner, he is weak psychically ! but what will Namor think when he sees a far more confident and cheerful banner? i'd read that story!

Superior Spider-man ( spoilers ahead)

This is another clash of the minds battle i want to see, though i'm not a fan of who superior is, i know he is goddamn smart, and much more focused than peter ever was, so i'd like to see how banner teams up with a spider-man who doesn't shoot quips....i....i'll miss thous too.

DAREDEVIL!

yes you heard me! this is what i really really really want to happen! mark waid has been doing an awesome job with daredevil, and it'd be interesting if banner was accused of something bad( set up mad man or any other villain waid chooses) , and who else better to choose as a lawyer other than daredevil ! but despite the scenario i really want this team up to take place, because mark has taken a similar approach with these two characters! and i'm sure he'd do a great job with their combination, besides who could argue with and argument like "HULK SMASH"!? come on!

well that's pretty much it !

well thats all i have to say for now, and thats all i really want to happen, if there is anything you guys think i should add then please let me know ! :D

#1 Posted by tomlikesfries (4748 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohhh, those are some truly great ideas! I'd love to see Abomination or Juggernaut in the series. The "Banner Smash" also sounds awesome!

#2 Posted by SC (13299 posts) - - Show Bio

Great blog man! Awesome picks and write up. I believe Madman is appearing in Marvel Now soon, in Thunderbolts. Could head over to Hulk book after maybe?

#3 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome blog man! I love the ideas you've put forward here! An expanded rogues gallery would do the Hulk wonders and further diving into the Hulk/Banner dynamic should be a top priority of Waid's. Excellent points made!

#4 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18285 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomlikesfries: Thanks YOU!

@SC said:

Great blog man! Awesome picks and write up. I believe Madman is appearing in Marvel Now soon, in Thunderbolts. Could head over to Hulk book after maybe?

first of all, thanks for commenting ^_^, and i agree one madman! a talented writer like mark waid could do wonders with him, hope comes from thunderbolts to hulk!

#5 Posted by JonSmith (4007 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Banner vs Doom is more likely, personally. Say Doom gets word about Banner's inventions, and refusing to be shown up, challenges Banner to a trial by technology. Banner, with his growing reputation to uphold, agrees. Cue tech battle. Doom ends up acknowledging defeat. Tell me that Banner humbling Doom in tech wouldn't be awesome proof of his genius.

As for the Devil Hulk, say Banner's revelations and new resolve is the result of him stirring up his old guilt, and subtly begins building lethal bombs and weaponry without realizing. Next time Banner hulks out, he transforms into the Devil, who uses the equipment and prepares to destroy the world. Banner left the blueprints to take out the Devil should he be released, so Stark has to come over with the Avengers to build it before the Devil destroys everything. Portray him as an unstoppable, invincible, unfeeling, ruthless monster, outmatching the Hulk in strength, and caring nothing for the world, throw him up against some Avengers as Stark, Pym, and Parkerock try to build Banner's failsafe. Could be really cool if done right.

#6 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18285 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Awesome blog man! I love the ideas you've put forward here! An expanded rogues gallery would do the Hulk wonders and further diving into the Hulk/Banner dynamic should be a top priority of Waid's. Excellent points made!

Thanks man! yeah waids awesome, i'm sure he has better thing planned !

@JonSmith said:

I think Banner vs Doom is more likely, personally. Say Doom gets word about Banner's inventions, and refusing to be shown up, challenges Banner to a trial by technology. Banner, with his growing reputation to uphold, agrees. Cue tech battle. Doom ends up acknowledging defeat. Tell me that Banner humbling Doom in tech wouldn't be awesome proof of his genius.

As for the Devil Hulk, say Banner's revelations and new resolve is the result of him stirring up his old guilt, and subtly begins building lethal bombs and weaponry without realizing. Next time Banner hulks out, he transforms into the Devil, who uses the equipment and prepares to destroy the world. Banner left the blueprints to take out the Devil should he be released, so Stark has to come over with the Avengers to build it before the Devil destroys everything. Portray him as an unstoppable, invincible, unfeeling, ruthless monster, outmatching the Hulk in strength, and caring nothing for the world, throw him up against some Avengers as Stark, Pym, and Parkerock try to build Banner's failsafe. Could be really cool if done right.

if banner beat doom it would be one of the happiest days of mu life! that would be an interesting idea!

and as for devil hulk, WOW! that is some great idea you have right there! you should send that to Mark Waid Right know! the though of the devil manipulation banner would be awesome! are yo by any chance a writer ? because you certainly have the ideas for it !^_^

#7 Posted by SoA (5105 posts) - - Show Bio

with indestructible hulk i wanted to see banner tech + hulk, a personal force field that grows in power along with hulks strength , a steath kinda apparatus (stealth as in radar or radiation detection not invisible),or teleportation for easy deployment and pick up

#8 Posted by worldbreakerhulk (248 posts) - - Show Bio

i wanna see another shaking planet.......

#9 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing Banner be a force onto his own would be VERY VERY welcome. Having picked up the series (thanks to this really great person who is the meaning of generosity), I am really invested in Banner although that's not to take away from the Hulk.

Wonderful write-up --

:)

#10 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18285 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Seeing Banner be a force onto his own would be VERY VERY welcome. Having picked up the series (thanks to this really great person who is the meaning of generosity), I am really invested in Banner although that's not to take away from the Hulk.

Wonderful write-up --

:)

^_^ THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!

and yeah , people don't usually like banner since he doesn't smash, but not liking him is like not liking peter Parker to spider-man, both parts are important to the equation :D

thanks again for commenting :P

#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

Wicked blog bro! I'm definitely invested into this series and for one, I am glad that Waid is straying away from the classic old villains such as Leader and Blonsky. I want to see some new things in the series and as already evident, the team-ups have proven so far to be magnificent and just plain fun! Excited to see where this series goes and perhaps an updated list of your thoughts! ;)

#12 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18285 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Wicked blog bro! I'm definitely invested into this series and for one, I am glad that Waid is straying away from the classic old villains such as Leader and Blonsky. I want to see some new things in the series and as already evident, the team-ups have proven so far to be magnificent and just plain fun! Excited to see where this series goes and perhaps an updated list of your thoughts! ;)

Thank you very very much bro! i am glad you like it! i trust waid completely but these are just some things i want to SEE! i just need to add the team up section!

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Not a problem! :) And as always, you most definitely over-did yourself with the fantastic set of scans!

#14 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18285 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@TheAcidSkull: Not a problem! :) And as always, you most definitely over-did yourself with the fantastic set of scans!

^_^ you're too kind!

#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (15075 posts) - - Show Bio

Banner has became a mad person and that's the way I like him.Before he was a guy that couldn't entertain me in million years and after he got seperated from Hulk he just became a bad ass.

#16 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18285 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

Banner has became a mad person and that's the way I like him.Before he was a guy that couldn't entertain me in million years and after he got seperated from Hulk he just became a bad ass.

i respect your opinion, but for me that was the worst idea in hulks history ! banner was badass during paks run, he owned doom, wolverine and beat up leader. thats badass in my book.

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (15075 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@TDK_1997 said:

i respect your opinion, but for me that was the worst idea in hulks history ! banner was badass during paks run, he owned doom, wolverine and beat up leader. thats badass in my book.

Firstly I didn't like the idea too but in the end it turned out to be likeable for me.

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18285 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@TDK_1997 said:

Firstly I didn't like the idea too but in the end it turned out to be likeable for me.

and as i said, i respect your opinion, but i don't agree with you ^_^

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17822 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice call on the team ups! I for one, would like to see a classic team up of some power-houses! Perhaps throw Ol' Ben Grimm into the mix and see them smash some evil-doers like the old days! Perhaps even a team-up with Logan despite their differences!

#20 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18285 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Nice call on the team ups! I for one, would like to see a classic team up of some power-houses! Perhaps throw Ol' Ben Grimm into the mix and see them smash some evil-doers like the old days! Perhaps even a team-up with Logan despite their differences!

good idea! i'll add them as soon as i can ^_^!

#21 Posted by doomsilver (643 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice blog. Agree with it all!

#22 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Devil Hulk is awesome, I really want him to return and the events of Jason Aaron's Incredible Hulk #15 could be used to explain his re-emergence.

#23 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20425 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome blog!

#24 Posted by tupiaz (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

No wolverine team-up/fight?

#25 Posted by GreenScar1990 (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, let's get down to business.

When it comes to Banner/Hulk relationship, I totally agree. We not only want to see things from Bruce Banner's perspective. We all want to see Hulk's perspective in regards to his relationship with Banner, SHIELD, and how he views them and the missions that he's sent out to accomplish. After all, Hulk has his own thoughts, desires and feelings.

I also agree in seeing Banner be a badass like he was during Pak's run. I loved it when he was outsmarting men like Doom, Richards, Pym and numerous others over and over again. It'll only prove that Banner, much like the Hulk, is not one to be underestimated or triffled with at all.

In regards to the armor, Hulk doesn't need it for protection at all. He's indestructible and nigh invunerable. However, I think it has other uses like teleportation, shielding, flight, and communication among many other features. From what we know of the armor, it's made of an indestructible alloy that absorbs gamma energy, so it could be possible that it's for safety just in case Hulk goes World-Breaker. The armor could also use Hulk's destructive World-Breaker power to his advantage in the form of unleashed powerful planet-splitting blasts.

And that's something else I would like this series to have. Hulk doing truly incredible feats that nobody else in Marvel or DC can do. For example, Hulk shattering several Jupiter-sized planets with ease or Hulk holding together/lifting mass equal to the universe itself.

Now let's move on the the Villains and the Hero Team-Ups. I'll start with the villains that Mark Waid announced that Hulk would be facing, then those villains you listed and then add my huge list of foes that would make interesting challenges for the Hulk to overcome (not including those you listed).

Mark Waid's Villains Announced Thus Far

Attuma is a lot more powerful than he was originally. He's now comparable to Namor in power. And not to mention he's got a vast army horde, tons of giant sea monsters, and a ultra-powerful arcane Deviant/Eternal weapon that he found in the sunken Deviant/Eternal city of Lemuria. With these kind of big guns, Attuma might prove to be a challenge for Hulk.

Frost Giants travel in large groups. They usual wield uru weapons, most stolen or taken from those that they killed. Powerful and aggressive, they're not to be taken lightly... especially if a large group or an army of them is hunting you. And let's not forget, Hulk is exploring all the Nine Realms, so Frost Giants might not be the only threat Hulk will face.

Kang the Conquerer. This guy is seriously dangerous. He's nearly defeated the Avengers (who had heavy-hitters like Thor, Scarlet Witch, etc.) more times than can be mentioned. Vastly intelligent and cunning, armed with extremely deadly futuristic tech. He'll be quite a unique challenge.

And lastly, as Mark Waid stated on Twitter, Gladiator will be appearing. With a Superman-like powerset, he's definitely got what it takes to hold his own against the Hulk... and he's got the entire Shi'ar Armada to back him up. Yet, something tells me he'll be seeking help from Hulk/Banner in battling an enemy that even he can't overcome.

The Villains You Listed

Abomination- While unlikely, it would be interesting if Abomination would return. However, if he were to return, he'd have to be immensely amped in order to be a challenge for the Hulk, yet still would be beaten once Hulk really starts to amp in power level. Perhaps have Abomination possessed by Zom? Or have a mission where Hulk ventures into Hades to battle Pluto and his vast army of villains led by an amped Abomination. There's plenty of potential here.

Dr. Doom- If he is written great, unlike the lame crap Jason Aaron gave us, then this could be very interesting. Banner and Doom battling each other with tech and intellect would be something to see. And if Doom would take the cowardly approach... well, that's where Hulk comes in to SMASH!

Devil Hulk- Another villain with immense potential. I belive if he were to be used, he needs to be portrayed as a foe that only Hulk/Banner can overcome. And to make him more threatening? Be sure to keep him as gigantic as the Devil/Guilt Hulk hybrid form of Brian Banner from Chaos War. It might be interesting if he feeds off Hulk's rage and anger, so as Hulk gets stronger so does Devil Hulk.

Juggernaut- Okay, this is just classic. You can't go wrong with a clash between Hulk and Juggernaut. Especially now, if you've been reading Jeff Parker's highly-entertaining "Dark Avengers" series, that Cain Marko has his powers back to the fullest.

Madman- He's not been seen since Peter David's run, but he's a unique villain that I'd like to see more of. He'll be showing up in Daniel Way's "Thunderbolts", so at least we'll get to see him there. I wouldn't mind him showing up, if he was written as the intellectual psychopath that he is.

The Team-Ups You'd Like To See

Defenders- Hell to the yeah! Who wouldn't want to see Hulk teaming with Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, Namor, Valkyrie, Hellcat and Nighthawk?! This is a must have for Defenders fans!

Thor- Yeah, I'd like to see this happen. The rivalry between the two has immense potential. It would make for an action-packed, even humorous, adventure with these two powerhouses. I don't think he'll show up in the Nine Realms arch, but it would be awesome to see Hulk lift a powerful mystical hammer that nobody else except himself, the Strongest One in All the Nine Realms, can lift.

Namor- Two big egos clashing. The dialogue between Banner and Namor would be pretty funny, especially if Banner gets in an insult that leaves Namor uncertain if he was truly insulted or not.

Superior Spider-Man- I haven't read The Amazing Spider-Man #700 yet, but I'm pretty certain what happens (Don't give me any spoilers!). Regardless, whenever Hulk and Spidey come into contact, it's always amusing. Why not? I'd check it out.

Daredevil- You better believe I want to see these two working together! I love me some Daredevil! Banner and Murdock working together to solve a mystery... one that'll get solved by their alter-egos! Bring it on!

Villains that I want to See

1. Tyrant (Depowered)- What better way to prove that Hulk is truly indestructible and the Strongest One There Is than putting him against a cosmic powerhouse who pummeled Gladiator, Silver Surfer and Beta-Ray Bill all at once? Hulk fighting Tyrant to a standstill would be an epic confrontation, especially given that Tyrant is someone Hulk wouldn't have to hold back against. Hulk doesn't need to win or lose in this situation, but instead prove himself as a force to be reckoned with in the MU. It would be more amusing if Banner was the one to best Tyrant in the end by messing with his tech to send/trap Tyrant in another dimension/universe.

2. Mangog- The perfect choice for Hulk to get into an all-out physical confrontation with. And with Hulk exploring the Nine Realms and possibly getting a powerful mystical hammer of his own, who better than Mangog to challenge the Green Scar?

3. Thanos- Intellect and Power Vs. Intellect and Power. Banner and Thanos coming to intellectual blows would make for an interesting story arch. And while we know Thanos is a powerhouse, even he's admitted to avoiding an all-out confrontation with the Hulk (Thanos Quest #1). Plenty of potential to be held here. Besides, shouldn't Hulk get more cosmic foes?

4. Typhon- The most powerful of the Titans. Defeated Zeus in their first confrontation (in original mythology). Violent, dangerous and powerful. Who wouldn't want to see a fight between these two? And not to mention the connection between Hulk, Gaia, and the Titans.

5. Surtur and Fire Demons of Muspelheim- Within the Nine Realms. Hulk's going to be exploring there. Plenty to fight and smash. Powerful enough to be a real threat. Why not?

6. Ymir and the Frost Giants- Same reason as for Surtur and the Fire Demons. Plenty to fight and smash. Great threat if in overwhelming numbers.

7. Queen Alfyse and the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim- Within the Nine Realms. Plus, Queen Alfyse could be a possible fling/love interest for the Green Goliath.

8. Pluto, Hela, Mephisto- All of them Hell Lords. Could be very different, but equally very interesting Hulk villains. Lot's of potential to be found here.

9. Nightmare- Has a past connection to the Hulk. Would be great for a psychological thriller and give us a chance to delve deeper into Banner/Hulk's psyche... and Nightmare would be the one coming out worse for wear in the end.

10. Maestro Hulk- This is one villain who deserves to return. And no, not the Maestro we've seen in the lame A+X #1 issue written by Jeff Loeb. I'm talking about the Maestro who survived the nuclear war and then killed off all the remaining heroes and villains in Future Imperfect.

11. Ego The Living Planet- What's not to like about Hulk battling and shattering a living entity that's the size of a planet?

12. Lord Armageddon and The Troyjan Empire- A powerful (I'm talking power that is equal to or surpassing that of the Silver Surfer) leader of an advanced alien race that's conquered countless planets, galaxies and solor systems... whose son, Trauma/Troh-Maw, was killed by the Hulk. Besides being extremely powerful, Armageddon has advanced alien tech/weapons and a virutally endless alien armada at his disposal. If that's not a threat to Hulk and the entire planet, then nothing is.

13. Dark Sorceress Umar- Love her. Twisted, evil, yet alluringly beautiful. Could be a great love interest/villainess for the Hulk in a similar manner that Amora the Enchantress is to Thor.

14. Dormammu- The evil brother of Umar. Would make a great antagonist if he's written to his fullest potential. Plus, his sibling rivalry with Umar is hillarious! Got to love the insults they throw at one another!

15. Eternals & Deviants- A lot of different superhumans with tons of different powers. Would be intense if we see a war between the Eternals and the Hulks. I'd definitely like to see it.

16. High Evolutionary- Another intriguing villain whom Hulk/Banner have dealt with and assisted in the past.

17. Monica Rapuccini & A.I.M.- Since AIM is already involved, why not bring in Bruce Banner's former love interest who just happens to be the Scientist Supreme?

18. Shuma-Gorath- A totally different, yet rarely used mystical powerhouse whom I'd like to see Hulk and Dr. Strange battle.

19. Baron Zemo- A different villain, but one who has immense potential. I would like to see Zemo attempt to match intellect with Banner while also trying to come up with enough power to handle the Hulk.

20. Morgana Le Fey- What can I say? I'm into dangerous women. What makes her even moreso is that she's a sorceress... from King Arthur's time. And she has quite a grudge against Dr. Doom. Can you say... Hell have no fury like a female sorceress scorned... who's manipulating and/or using Banner/Hulk to get revenge?

21. Zom- I enjoy seeing an omega-level mystical demon battling a omega-level gamma powerhouse. It would be cool if Abomination would return already greatly amped before revealing to be possessed by Zom. That'd be freaking cool!

22. Elder Gods, Sky-Fathers, Patheons of Gods- Another way to prove Hulk is indestructible and the Strongest one there is. Taking down and battling the gods themselves. Could you imagine The Hulk leading the Titans to battle and overthrow the Gods? Makes the God of War video game series seem less epic, eh?

23. Galaxy Master- A powerful planet destroyer whom Hulk has defeated/destroyed twice. Why not have it come back for a third time?

24. Hiro-Kala- The dark, evil son of the Hulk. Insane and powerful. Could make for a touching/heartbreaking storyline as Hulk fails to save his sinister son from the madness that consumed his mind.

25. Midgard Serpent- Who wouldn't love seeing Hulk toss this over-sized beast into space like he did to Fin Fang Foom?

Team-Ups That I'd Like to See

1. The Hulks: Skaar, She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk, Lyra, A-Bomb and Red Hulk- Come on! Who doesn't want to see the strongest, most powerful team in the Marvel Universe set out to save the Universe... or even the Multiverse from destruction?! And why we're at it, I'd like to see Hulk individually teaming with Skaar, Red She-Hulk, She-Hulk, Lyra, A-Bomb and Red Hulk on individual two-person missions.

2. Legion of Monsters: Morbius the Living Vampire, Werewolf by Night, The Living Mummy and The Manphibian- Who better to team up with one who's been called a monster than a team of monsters? Would make a great Fall/Halloween story arch.

3. Guardians of the Galaxy: Starlord, Drax, Groot, Ironman, Rocket Raccoon and Gamora- Hulk exploring space. Few could be better to to tag along/guest star that these guys. Plus, each could play a role in their interaction with Hulk/Banner. A brawling/physical rival (Drax), tough small-tough guy (Rocket), an intellectual rival whom to detest (Ironman), a neutral-possible close ally (Starlord), a fellow monster (Groot), and a potential green-skinned female love interest/sparring partner (Gamora). Sounds like the makings of a sweet space-adventure to me.

4. Cable and X-Force: Colossus, Domino, Hope, Dr. Nemesis and Forge- Could you imagine Hulk/Banner hunting down Cable and X-Force only to end up helping them? That would be awesome!

5. Uncanny Avengers: Havok, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Thor and Rogue- What's not to like? There's two people who I've been dying to see Hulk/Banner team-up/interact with. And those two are Scarlet Witch and Thor.

6. Galactus and Heralds- Am I the only one who would like to see Hulk aiding or interacting with Galactus in some way? Question: What's more powerful than an incredible, indestructible Hulk? Answer: An incredible, indestructible Hulk bestowed the Power Cosmic from Galactus himself!

That's all I got for now.

#26 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18285 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

Devil Hulk is awesome, I really want him to return and the events of Jason Aaron's Incredible Hulk #15 could be used to explain his re-emergence.

really hope he appears !

@GreenScar1990:

That's all I got for now.

thats all you've got? dude you like put my entire blog to shame ! if thats what you can do in short amount of time, i wonder what awesome blogs you could write up when you put serious effort to it ^_^

thanks for commenting!

#27 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Great post. This actually gets me more excited for this series. Agree with just about everything except the Banner Smash bit. LOL. Didn't pick up this book to see Bruce the action hero.

I really enjoyed reading your thoughts for the armor and villains.

#28 Posted by MrPhoenix (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome blog, how does everyone feel about Walt Simonson taking over Leinil Yu?

#29 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18285 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrPhoenix said:

he isn't taking over, i think he'll be there for just the thor arc?

#30 Posted by MrPhoenix (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@MrPhoenix said:

he isn't taking over, i think he'll be there for just the thor arc?

I hope so, i have nothing against the work of Simonson but i love the artwork of Yu.

#31 Posted by beasthulk67 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

A team up i would love to see for the hulk would be the mad squad which is my favorite team to be with hulk since hulk's family mainly just Amanda Von Doom because she was one of the few women who just wanted hulk not banner hulk and maria hill and amanda in waid's hands would be priceless. skaar too he was my favorite of hulks family and Maria meeting hulks kid you know you all would read that

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.