What Do you Want for the Hulk in the new MARVEL NOW?

#1 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

we all know the upcoming event known as MARVEL NOW, and it's probably obvious that the Hulk solo series will be getting a relaunch since jason Aaron h orrible run on the hulk end's in October on issue 15# where doom and the hulk fight and because of the Avengers movie, so i wanted to ask all you Hulk fan's, what do you want for the hulk, and what do you think the new costume is for??? personally i think the hulk is wearing an armor that restricts him from becoming the world breaker , and the orb is probably a rage meter , what do you think? and what do you want?

#2 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like a team up with Red Hulk, Annie the LMD and Green Hulk, just to see if it can happen. If not, them make a damn good Incredible Hulk and/or Red Hulk series PLEASE!

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

I'd like a team up with Red Hulk, Annie the LMD and Green Hulk, just to see if it can happen. If not, them make a damn good Incredible Hulk and/or Red Hulk series PLEASE!

that'd be interesting

#4 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

If only Jeff Parker could right it. Make it feel like the Thunderbolts, but with more smashing.

#5 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

If only Jeff Parker could right it. Make it feel like the Thunderbolts, but with more smashing.

though i'm not a huge rulk fan i gotta hand it to jeff, he took rulk and turned him into a complex and interesting character from a one dimensional and stupid guy who beat up everyone, thanks to jephlobe

#6 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

I'm more lenient on Jeph Loeb because he made Red Hulk, but inner monologues are for Wolvi and Batman, not a one metric ton ape-like killing machine. I tend to monologue my own characters, but that's because they're suffering humans forced into a position that they need to fight out of, not randomly punching peeping toms in the face like Red did with Uatu.

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

I'm more lenient on Jeph Loeb because he made Red Hulk, but inner monologues are for Wolvi and Batman, not a one metric ton ape-like killing machine. I tend to monologue my own characters, but that's because they're suffering humans forced into a position that they need to fight out of, not randomly punching peeping toms in the face like Red did with Uatu.

i agree, and i wish jeff was writing the Hulk too, not Jason Aaron, oh and almost forgot , what do you think about the armor hulk's wearing

#8 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

Reminds me of Planet Hulk, but with a military hair cut. It's not bad, but it's not "epic" either. I'd have gone for a brand new costume design, rather than have a controlling apparatus installed like something Juggy would have worn in his time with the Thunderbolts.

#9 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

There are a few of things:

• More Gravage Hulk. Probably the best incarnation of Hulk in my opinion.
  • Give him some full-time supporting characters.
  • Worthy Opponents. People who don't try to match his physical dominance but use their intelligence instead.
  • Give him his beard back
#10 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

Reminds me of Planet Hulk, but with a military hair cut. It's not bad, but it's not "epic" either. I'd have gone for a brand new costume design, rather than have a controlling apparatus installed like something Juggy would have worn in his time with the Thunderbolts.

i'm not a huge fan of it either, but i try to be positive , my hunch is that the armor and the orb are rage regulator's, so he doesn't turn into the WBH

#11 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

More likely to avoid morphing into psycho-Bruce Banner. There really hasn't been an incident with Hulk going insane with his power since the last arc by Pak.

#12 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: there you go, that's the reason i don't like hulk, if by the end of the arc banner is not back to normal i'm gonna kill someone

#13 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Ditch his armor and the robot sidekick. they've been the two most annoying hulk characters since the first issue in 1962.

#14 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

• Worthy Opponents. People who don't try to match his physical dominance but use their intelligence instead.

i want the green scar back, i want banner to be normal and cooperate with hulk, i agree that he need's sporting characters, i want villans for that hulk that are both challange banner's intelligence and hulk's physical dominance, i am not a fan of the beard but i don't think i would mind it much

#15 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@guttridgeb said:

i want the green scar back, i want banner to be normal and cooperate with hulk, i agree that he need's sporting characters, i want villans for that hulk that are both challange banner's intelligence and hulk's physical dominance, i am not a fan of the beard but i don't think i would mind it much

I agree that Banner should revert to his normal state of mind, I accidently omitted that from my post. The beard would just be an extra for me but if they don't give him his hair back I'll be pissed off

#16 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

@guttridgeb said:

I agree that Banner should revert to his normal state of mind, I accidently omitted that from my post. The beard would just be an extra for me but if they don't give him his hair back I'll be pissed off

i know right? hulk without his hair is just stupid, anyway's i want a good writer like pak that handles the hulk well

#17 Posted by mister garbage (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring in Jeff Parker! Better yet, put Parker and Pak together for some EPIC Hulk stories.

Maybe that orb thing is akin to the device that followed and recorded the Hulk in Hulk: The End. Maybe the armor is to keep him in his Hulk form rather than letting him revert to Banner. Maybe.

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister garbage said:

Bring in Jeff Parker! Better yet, put Parker and Pak together for some EPIC Hulk stories.

Maybe that orb thing is akin to the device that followed and recorded the Hulk in Hulk: The End. Maybe the armor is to keep him in his Hulk form rather than letting him revert to Banner. Maybe.

good ideas, i want a writer who treats the hulk right, NOT Jason Aaron

#19 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

In that case, I'll bring the angry mob. :)

#20 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope:

YES!!! we will hunt them down

#21 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

Burn the witch! Burn the witch!

#22 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

I wait every moment of everyday for news of what is going to happen to my beloved Christmas Hulks. (Add in Solomon Grundy or an albino Hulk to the list and we can say ITALY!)

#24 Posted by Onemoreposter (4065 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like him to not wear that outfit he has on in the teaser.

#25 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

I'd like him to not wear that outfit he has on in the teaser.

#26 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

I wait every moment of everyday for news of what is going to happen to my beloved Christmas Hulks. (Add in Solomon Grundy or an albino Hulk to the list and we can say ITALY!)

same here

#27 Posted by Flopsop200 (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@guttridgeb said:

this

#28 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish that Bruce and Hulk would start thinking as one, similar to the last fight he had with Red Hulk where Bruce was in control. Despite being written by Jeph Loeb, it was a pretty good issue.

#29 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Amadeus Cho (I apologize for spelling) is going to become a new sidekick/handler for the hulk, and the armour places restrictions on his rage, and the orb is a link with Cho (as he doesn't want to be killed in a rampage after all) I believe whatever happens at the end of Aaron's run will turn the hulk back into just a mindless monster rather than the hero he's become but Cho will see the good in him, hence the armour. The armour will either let Amadeus control hulk directly to be a hero, or sort of "steer" the hulk, either with mental suggestion or electric shocks if he does something wrong; kind of like Pavlovian Conditioning really.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.