Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

What do people think about AoU Hulk?

• 111 results
    Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bonifidehustla said:
    @atheistknowledge said:

@sophisticated_ignorance: Can you show me that any of the explosion from the city actually even hit Thor? We know Hulk had a whole building dropped on his head, but we never see any of the explosion actually hit Thor. And i really doubt someone who bled from Hulks punch, got stabbed by Loki and jumped out of the way of bullets is gonna have better durability then Hulk. The explosion from the city wasn't really as much of an explosion as it was the city just falling apart and crumbling in the air.

Hell in Thor 2 he got his ass whooped by Kurse. He literally stood no chance. Now I'm trying to remember how he won the fight. I know it wasnt fair.

Jesus Hulk fan boys....

How the hell could the explosion NOT hit Thor when he was at the center of the explosion point? You didn't see him fly off, he didn't escape, he was sent crashing into the sea.

Thor took a punch from Hulk, and smiled, you barely even saw any blood.

Loki stabbed Thor with what was more than likely an Asgardian dagger, if that was a human dagger it would of just broke off Thors skin, in the comics weapons from Asgard can hurt Asgardians the same way human made weapons can hurt/kill us so clearly the same thing goes for the Movies.

He dodged bullets, so what? Just because he can take bullets doesn't mean hes just going to stand there. Getting hit with paintball bullets wouldn't severally hurt you but if you saw it coming and you knew you could avoid it...wouldn't you? Just for the record he got tagged in AoU with machine gun fire and seemed perfectly fine after.

Kurse is at base level twice as strong as Thor and at his strongest four times stronger than him in the comics, so again, this was simply translated in the movie, how do people not realize this? Kurse would of annihilated Hulk the exact same way.

What Jesus Hulk fanboys? What are you whining about? Did you even look at the explosion? It was not a freaking atom bomb exploding it, the whole city just fell apart we don't even see an explosion at the center just a lightning strike. The explosion was a chain reaction where everything was falling apart it was not 1 giant explosion like a nuclear bomb went off. Yea he came crashing down in the see unconscious.

He smiled because he likes a good challenge and he met one, it doesn't change the fact that he was sent flying and bleeding from his nose from that punch.

That's great and all but he still got stabbed pretty easily and got hurt by Lokis blows.

Nah, he wouldn't just throw his entire body into the cover if he was afraid of fire from a jet. The machine gun that hit him is not the same caliber.

And Hulk is much stronger then Thor in comics and in the movies. Kurse wouldn't annihilate Hulk because both of them are brawlers and Hulk has more physical strength as well as more durability then Thor i am not saying he would win but he would certainly put up a better fight.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge said:
    @sophisticated_ignorance said:
    @bonifidehustla said:
    @atheistknowledge said:

@sophisticated_ignorance: Can you show me that any of the explosion from the city actually even hit Thor? We know Hulk had a whole building dropped on his head, but we never see any of the explosion actually hit Thor. And i really doubt someone who bled from Hulks punch, got stabbed by Loki and jumped out of the way of bullets is gonna have better durability then Hulk. The explosion from the city wasn't really as much of an explosion as it was the city just falling apart and crumbling in the air.

Hell in Thor 2 he got his ass whooped by Kurse. He literally stood no chance. Now I'm trying to remember how he won the fight. I know it wasnt fair.

Jesus Hulk fan boys....

How the hell could the explosion NOT hit Thor when he was at the center of the explosion point? You didn't see him fly off, he didn't escape, he was sent crashing into the sea.

Loki stabbed Thor with what was more than likely an Asgardian dagger, if that was a human dagger it would of just broke off Thors skin, in the comics weapons from Asgard can hurt Asgardians the same way human made weapons can hurt/kill us so clearly the same thing goes for the Movies.

He dodged bullets, so what? Just because he can take bullets doesn't mean hes just going to stand there. Getting hit with paintball bullets wouldn't severally hurt you but if you saw it coming and you knew you could avoid it...wouldn't you? Just for the record he got tagged in AoU with machine gun fire and seemed perfectly fine after.

Kurse is at base level twice as strong as Thor and at his strongest four times stronger than him in the comics, so again, this was simply translated in the movie, how do people not realize this? Kurse would of annihilated Hulk the exact same way.

What Jesus Hulk fanboys? What are you whining about? Did you even look at the explosion? It was not a freaking atom bomb exploding it, the whole city just fell apart we don't even see an explosion at the center just a lightning strike. The explosion was a chain reaction where everything was falling apart it was not 1 giant explosion like a nuclear bomb went off. Yea he came crashing down in the see unconscious.

He smiled because he likes a good challenge and he met one, it doesn't change the fact that he was sent flying and bleeding from his nose from that punch.

That's great and all but he still got stabbed pretty easily and got hurt by Lokis blows.

Nah, he wouldn't just throw his entire body into the cover if he was afraid of fire from a jet. The machine gun that hit him is not the same caliber.

And Hulk is much stronger then Thor in comics and in the movies. Kurse wouldn't annihilate Hulk because both of them are brawlers and Hulk has more physical strength as well as more durability then Thor i am not saying he would win but he would certainly put up a better fight.

Thor sent Hulk flying too and the blow visibly dazed him,whats your point? They both got good shots in.

What do you not understand about Asgardian weapons being able to hurt Asgardians the same way human weapons can hurt/kill us, Hulk would of been stabbed by that dagger too, if Loki got a chance to use it, and lets not forget that although Loki is nowhere near as physically strong as Thor, he still as the strength of a typical Frost Giant if not slightly more.Besides,anything that can hurt Thor can hurt Hulk.

Please explain the difference in caliber of the machine gun fire, they looked equally destructive, if you're some kind of gun expert I'm genuinally curious, enlighten me.

Hulk is NOT "much" stronger than Thor. Based on feats Thor is stronger. He's lifted/moved heavier stuff (Midgard Serpent,World Engine) and shown better striking feats (Hitting Gorr so hard that he was destroying nearby moons).Fact, I'll even get the scans for you upon request. Stan Lee himself has said Thor is supposed to be stronger than Hulk, fact. Bruce Banner himself has that who is stronger between him and Thor is an "eternal debate" FACT, again I'll get the scan for that if you like. Anyone who says Hulk is "much" stronger than Thor or vice versa is a fanboy.FACT. Neither is significantly stronger/more durable than the other.Fact.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

@atheistknowledge said:
    @bonifidehustla said:
    @atheistknowledge said:

Jesus Hulk fan boys....

Thor sent Hulk flying too and the blow visibly dazed him,whats your point? They both got good shots in.

What do you not understand about Asgardian weapons being able to hurt Asgardians the same way human weapons can hurt/kill, Hulk would of been stabbed by that dagger too, if Loki got a chance to use it.Anything that can hurt Thor can hurt Hulk.

Please explain the difference in caliber of the machine gun fire, they looked equally destructive, if you're some kind of gun expert I'm genuinally curious, enlighten me.

Hulk is NOT "much" stronger than Thor. Based on feats Thor is stronger. He's lifted heavier stuff and shown better striking feats.Fact. Stan Lee himself has said Thor is supposed to be stronger than Hulk, fact. Bruce Banner himself has that who is stronger between out of him and Thor is an "eternal debate" FACT. Anyone who says Hulk is "much" stronger than Thor or vice versa is a fanboy.FACT. Neither is significantly stronger/more durable than the other.Fact.

My point is not about Hulk vs Thor, who can hurt who, my point is about Thors durability, he bled from one hit from Hulk, his durability is not at city busting level.

What kind of ridiculous logic is that? Where do you get that everything that can hurt Thor can hurt Hulk? That is literally not true, they don't have the exact same durability and Thor definitely does not have more of it then Hulk.

You are comparing machine gun fire to mounted guns on jets designed to tear apart other jets and armored vehicles? You need to be an "gun expert" to know this?

Yes he is, based on feats, narration and handbooks FACT. Hulk has held the weight of a star FACT, nothing Thor has lifted comes close to that and most of his high end feats have been debunked like lifting the Serpent. FACT. Stan Lee has also said that Thor was suppose to be wiser then Reed Richards but that never went anywhere FACT. Characters have changed since their creation over half a century ago FACT. Hulk has even got a permanent amp back in 2006 that busted his strength beyond every other hero as stated by Marvel FACT. The difference between them in terms of physicals is significant FACT. You can whine about it all day it doesn't change this, Hulk can increase his physical strength tremendously so by the very definition of the nature of his powers he can go from being slightly stronger then Thor to being significantly stronger then him.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@sophisticated_ignorance:

Sorry dude, but in the Avengers movie Loki fought Thor hard, they traded blows, Thor eventually slammed him into the ground after a fairly keen contest. When Hulk encountered Loki he absolutely mullered him in about 3 seconds. It was really funny and Loki only came around at the end of the film after being absolutely battered. Still think movie Thor is as strong as movie Hulk? Thor is a mighty character in the comics, but in the MCU he just isn't being portrayed as physically that amazing. Dunno why, I have nothing against Thor, so ask Marvel studios. Don't blame Hulk fans and come on here calling us out as "Hulk fanboys" for pointing out the obvious! In fairness, movie Hulk still isn't as strong as the comic Hulkl either, as shown by Hulkbuster Iron Man being able to knock him about, but he is defo stronger than Thor in the movies.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Banner was great!

Hulk was just ok.

Beata

Panthers8901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everyone denying the fact that tony ko'd hulk because he obviously did and even without that tony was throwing hulk around and he even got the most hits in. Ya hulk was starting to rip pieces out but he never destroyed the suit and evertime he tried to ironman would punch him across the city or fly him into a skyscraper the hulk fanboys are just made he lost but Thor would still beat HB

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By IAmTheLaw

Tony definitely had an advantage early on in the suit. Granted, Hulk later took advantage and started to tear apart the armors. As a Hulk fan, I didn't like seeing Hulk fly a mile away every time he was hit, but he clearly would have won if not for the hex wearing off.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By bonifidehustla

@panthers8901 said:

Why is everyone denying the fact that tony ko'd hulk because he obviously did and even without that tony was throwing hulk around and he even got the most hits in. Ya hulk was starting to rip pieces out but he never destroyed the suit and evertime he tried to ironman would punch him across the city or fly him into a skyscraper the hulk fanboys are just made he lost but Thor would still beat HB

I want to know what you on because no god or meta will beat Iron Man and Captain. I guess you forget that Iron Man has the best feats in the MCU. You forgot it was Iron Man that stop Hulk vs Thor fight in Avengers 1. Most of us are not even hating on Thor but trolls will be trolls.

Comickidd77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulkbuster? You mean busters? The suit was constantly being rebuild after the thrashing it took from the hulk. Not to mention the hulk at no point in the fight seemed hurt. The end scene was just poor writing.

Panthers8901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Panthers8901

@bonifidehustla: I don't even know what your saying but ironman did win the fight

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla: I don't even know what your saying but ironman did win the fight

I know he won the fight. I'm saying he would beat Thor. Iron Man is the god of MCU and you know it.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By GreenScar1990

I honestly can't believe the people who come on here and say that the Hulk-Buster dominated Hulk during the fight. I've watched the whole fight (haven't seen the film, but I caught a video displaying the whole fight). Hulk was taking everything the Hulk-Buster had, still kept coming, and torn it apart numerous times.

In fact, if not for Hulk calming down and the hex cast from Scarlet Witch being broken, it's quite obvious that Hulk would have destroyed the Hulk-Buster suit and possibly killed Tony in the process. Also, we're not even sure what transpired after Tony gave Hulk a powerful sucker-punch. Was he even knocked out? Or did Banner finally take control and cause the Hulk to stop fighting, thus resulting in him reverting back to Banner and collapsing to the concrete in a unconscious heap.

The fight itself was very good, though I wish it were longer. But the ending to it could have been handled a lot better. Hulk could have simply stopped fighting and leapt off into the distance where he'd revert back to Banner and collapse from exhaustion. That would have been a far better and whole ending to the conflict. The way it ended though? Very poorly done. Maybe we'll get more footage on the extended DVD & BluRay version of the film.

Also, what is this nonsense that MCU Thor has superior durability over the Hulk? From what I've heard, the falling city/landmass simply broke up from the energies instead of exploding.

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
    UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Overall I wasn't particularly satisfied with Hulk's performance in Avengers Age of Ultron. I was okay with Bruce Banner but Hulk just didn't stand out like he did in the first Avengers movie. He lacked the smash factor, he lacked speech and dialogue, he seemed lacking in common sense too and was treated more like a pet / weapon than a real team mate.

To me the movie didn't highlight any real significance in him, no character development. We don't see his role in the team as a fighter other than become the same uncontrollable rage monster who needs to be kept under controlled that we as the audience saw his as in previous movies.

Truthfully, Hulk felt like the laughing stock of the movie, whereas previously we would laugh with him but now we laugh at him for his disgruntled nature or the sucker-punch he unnecessarily received. He certainly deserves better treatment than what the movie portrayed but I won't be all negative about it. I do like how Hulk had a helping hand in making a mess of Ultron in a couple of short scenes though and that Ultron didn't fight him personally unlike the other Avengers.

I didn't like the whole Bruce Banner / Black Widow relationship. It felt too forced and really unnecessary to the plot. Though as the movie draws towards its end, Hulk may have a chance for a solo film and hopefully a Planet Hulk movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Overall I wasn't particularly satisfied with Hulk's performance in Avengers Age of Ultron. I was okay with Bruce Banner but Hulk just didn't stand out like he did in the first Avengers movie. He lacked the smash factor, he lacked speech and dialogue, he seemed lacking in common sense too and was treated more like a pet / weapon than a real team mate.

To me the movie didn't highlight any real significance in him, no character development. We don't see his role in the team as a fighter other than become the same uncontrollable rage monster who needs to be kept under controlled that we as the audience saw his as in previous movies.

Truthfully, Hulk felt like the laughing stock of the movie, whereas previously we would laugh with him but now we laugh at him for his disgruntled nature or the sucker-punch he unnecessarily received. He certainly deserves better treatment than what the movie portrayed but I won't be all negative about it. I do like how Hulk had a helping hand in making a mess of Ultron in a couple of short scenes though and that Ultron didn't fight him personally unlike the other Avengers.

I didn't like the whole Bruce Banner / Black Widow relationship. It felt too forced and really unnecessary to the plot. Though as the movie draws towards its end, Hulk may have a chance for a solo film and hopefully a Planet Hulk movie.

Laugh factor? That was mostly RDJ doing his thing. Throughout the whole fight Hulk was shown to be way more powerful, given that Tony not only needed backup constructions. Not to mention that fact that almost everything Tony did seemed inconsequential, even though the armor was clearly BUILT specifically to fight the Hulk. Only after Hulk snapped out of the mind control and calmed down was Tony able to knock him out with a sucker punch.

He also chewed up the ultron bots and even scared some of them away. Ultron readily confronted Thor, Iron man, Vision, and just about every other Avenger, but specifically never confronted the Hulk, why do you think that happened? Ultron didn't start a fight he knew he couldn't win.

hulk465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well finally I saw Age of Ultron yesterday and here's my 2 cents on what I saw. If you did not see this movie yet please read no further...SPOILERS.

Hulkbuster knocked Hulk out (but it does not show Hulk knocked out) by a sucker punch after Hulk calms down and is not fighting back. Imagine what would happen if the Hulk was still rage mad and on the attack? What if the Hulkbuster finally runs out of spare parts? Tony already knows that in his normal ironman suit he would not be unable to stop Hulk.

What does the comics say on this matter?

-In Ironman-132, Hulk and Ironman battle and Tony says "I'm scared. I've almost died trying to beat the Hulk in the past, but never succeeded". In his regular armor he just can't beat Hulk. After Hulk uses a plane like a baseball bat, the resulting explosion stunned Hulk and Ironman uses all the power in the armor into one punch which finally knocks Hulk out. While Ironman defeated Hulk, Ironman was trapped in his own armor because it complete shut down.

-In Ironman-305, Hulkbuster gives his best shots and is unable to bring down Hulk even when Hulk was unwilling to fight back.

-In World War Hulk-1, A new Hulkbuster can't seem to defeat the Hulk and Hulk defeats Tony completely.

-In Oringinal Sin Hulk vs. Ironman, Hulk beats another new Hulkbuster and knocks Tony out and then wraps the Hulkbuster around Tony.

I would say that based on Ironman-305 that sucker punch that MCU Hulkbuster did should have not been able to knock out Hulk, unless Hulk was already turning back to Banner. On the other hand a powerful blow from the Hulkbuster can knock out a dazed and confused Hulk. If regular Ironman did it in Ironman-132, then so can a Hulkbuster who's more stronger and durable.

Panthers8901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Panthers8901

@greenscar1990: hulk did not dominate the fight if anything the fight was very close and that's why it was fun to watch we saw blow for blow what each character could do. We all know hulk is stronger but tony did knock hulk across the city multiple times and he even flew him down a skyscraper which resulted in the witches affects wearing off and then ironman knocked him out. So the fight was close but since RDJ is so popular tony got the upper hand and I think they did the sucker punch because it was funny and hulk did that to Thor in the first movue

canuckdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shamshi we have to remember that the movies are based on the original Avengers. Hulk was a pretty simple guy back then. and kinda primate like. So I like the movie version of Hulk. I still dream of a live action Planet Hulk movie though.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I have an idea on how marvel could do world war hulk without the rights. Just use Maestro. I know it is not like in the comics but marvel could easily get away with Hulk solo movies using Maestro.

UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: My bad. Laugh factor isn't the way to word it but Hulk to me just wasn't as memorable as the other Avengers in that movie who overshadowed him. Iron Man, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Thor had their feats, Black Widow and Bruce Banner had their relationship, Hawkeye had his talk of retirement, Vision had his grand entrance. It would've been nice to see him tear Ultron apart rather than leave us wondering what would've been.

I'm not trying to discredit Hulk in any way if you understand me but I do believe he could've been handled better considering how awesome he was in the first Avengers movie. The sucker punch he received was really uncalled for since it was meant to be an emotional moment for Hulk that didn't need to be interrupted.

I do hope they gear him towards a Planet Hulk movie.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underdogsupporter:

Actually I'm with you a bit on this. I came out of the cinema a bit peed off with Hulk's role in the film. The whole "go to sleep, go to sleep" bit was quite funny as it showed just what mega punishment Hulk can take, but the end to the Iron Man fight hacked me off, as it was just the usual "Iron Man must prevail" stuff we have seen right through the MCU films. Hulk flying off into the distance didn't make much sense, I was hoping for a Planet Hulk type prelude. I do get that he was removing himself to save Natasha, but overall I wanted more from the Hulk, who stole the movie in the original Avengers. We Hulk fans don't get to see our character in his own film any more, so I think we rightly expect him to have a more important role in Avengers films than Cap, Iron Man, Thor etc who have their own films to fall back on.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopely Hulk do alot more smashing in the next movie. I think the fight was fine.

UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: I remember a couple of years back when MCU announced they were going to do an Incredible Hulk 2 solo film but it turns out that's never going to happen and unless Hulk plays a more important role in future films I'm in doubt they'd start making a Planet Hulk movie given their upcoming movies.

It would've been nice to see Hulk tear Ultron apart like how he made a mess of Loki in the previous movie but sadly there are going to be haters hating on him just for doing something like that rather than admire him for saving the day.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor fanboys are the worst . I respect the Hulk more than Thor ( slowdinson)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Thor fans probably have more to complain about than Hulk fans in terms of Avengers AOU. Yet again, Thor wasn't really shown in a great light, sure he had some good moments, but you don't get the same impression of sheer strength that you do when the Hulk comes on. The Hulk v Iron Man was in the whole really great to watch, spectacular really and loved how Tony had to scan to see if that city block was empty before deciding to drop it on the Hulk....the Hulk Buster was also inventive, i.e. Tony had reserves which were shipped down to replace the battered original.....but for me, the end left a sour note, simply because it was hulk being cheap shotted and Iron Man coming out on top yet again. I like Iron Man, he has long been one of my more favoured characters in 38 years of being a comic book fan but he does seem to over achieve against the likes of Thor and Hulk in these movies!

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm insanely confused about what was bad about the Hulk/IM fight? It was suit that banner himself helped design and Hulk still nearly destroyed it. The only edge IM had on Hulk was flight. He fell through a sky scrapper and was fine! As in no damage what so ever.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Fifthchild

Finally saw it,

I think Hulk came away looking very good for a powerhouse in a team movie. I probably would have been more downheatedif i hadnt known ahead of time that HB KOs Hulk at the end but it was made pretty clear that Hulk had shaken off the mind control and was visibly distressed by all the hurt and terrified civilians. As for the fight, which was itself absolutely spectacular, I thought he did fine. Basically everything Stark did was only pissing him off - his greatest success being knocking a tooth out - and by the end of the fight the Hulkbuster suit was on the verge of total collapse judging by that final "damage report".

Again from a "good showings perspective" it was hard not to be pleased with the lightning fast way Hulk disposes of Ultron after he shot up Romanov. I'd have to imagine he was pretty damn angry at that point.

In other news - the effects for Hulk were a definite step up from the first film. The scene where Romanov calms Hulk down was perfect. Before that the best looking Hulk transformation scene was probably where Hulk reverts to Banner when he sees Betty in Ang Lee's film. All the others looked a bit clunky.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Nomar

Did we all watch the same movie? The movie made it pretty blatantly clear that Hulk did not lose to IM in the conventional sense of losing. The hex wore off and Hulk was calming down. It's clear as day if you paid any attention. Tony struck while Hulk was in a weakened state. Attention to details folks, it's important when watching a movie.

Another thing I'm seeing a lot of is Thor fans taking the "city busting" feat way out of context. IM and Thor overloaded a weapon that destroyed the city(the weapon is what caused the destruction of the city). The feat should also be a combined feat between Thor and IM. Yet we have people saying Thor city busted. It's as if people on this site don't care for context at all, since feats always look grander when taken out of context.

In fact Hulk is the only person in the movie to just physically humble Ultron. He does this twice. We even have Ultron say "for gods sake" when Hulk comes after him in the ship and just loltosses him out. Since I don't want to be a hypocrite, it's worth noting that Ultron was in an unknown state(in terms of capability) when Hulk makes him his target of rage. Just like he humbled Loki in a movie that had everybody else having back and forth fights trading blows with him. Both this movie and the first movie make it explicitly clear that Hulk is the big gun of the team. We even have the twins make it clear he's the big gun that can do the most damage if mind controlled.

This is also why it's so frustrating to do versus topics on this site. 90% of the topic is just calling people out on their BS.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel the team is not the same without the Hulk or Thor and Captain America and Black Widow. Ironman is good to , I just like that team best. The rest is like what if movies you never really get into the comics without the Hulk or Thor or Captain America leading the charge. I mean I like some of the others but they just did not have the right amount of character to pull anything off and make you care.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomar said:

In fact Hulk is the only person in the movie to just physically humble Ultron. He does this twice. We even have Ultron say "for gods sake" when Hulk comes after him in the ship and just loltosses him out. Since I don't want to be a hypocrite, it's worth noting that Ultron was in an unknown state(in terms of capability) when Hulk makes him his target of rage. Just like he humbled Loki in a movie that had everybody else having back and forth fights trading blows with him. Both this movie and the first movie make it explicitly clear that Hulk is the big gun of the team. We even have the twins make it clear he's the big gun that can do the most damage if mind controlled.

I definitely feel like that was the most impressive hulk scene - in the earlier one he essentially unexpectedly smacks Ultron away much like The Vision with Mjolnir (plus Ultron had just been badly hurt/incapacitated). While Ultron probably wasnt 100% in the Quinjet, he essentially just rocked up to him and smacked him down and, given that reaction you mention, there didnt seem to be much Ultron could do about it. There was a certain grace to the whole thing given how quickly the whole thing happened. That said, Hulk was probably supremely pissed at the time given Ultron had just come damn close to killing his girlfriend.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fifthchild@nomar

You guys make a convincing case! I must admit I was so hacked off about Hulk being Ko'd, albeit in a calm state by Iron Man, because all a long I knew they would engineer it so Iron Man or should we say RDJ, because he seems to hold the cards, would come out of it with the upper hand. Anyway in my disgust at the conclusion to Hulk v Iron Man, I think I totally overlooked the scenes with Ultron and the fact that yep, he didn't almost totally wreck the Hulkbuster suit.

I think I need to see the film again!!

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: As much as I wanted Hulk to snap out of it short of killing Tony. When you actually look at the fight, Hulk is dominating. He takes minimal damage and keeps on coming like an unstoppable machine. He even gets up first from the rubble and then has to be weakened for Tony to win. It was a good compromise. Made Tony look good too.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Schwarz

In the end Tony just knocked out a Hulk that had no idea what he was doing there and had no rage. He was completly clueless of what was going on. It is basically like Hulk reverting to banner and getting one shotted. Hulk had no reason the continue fighting anyways after the mind control broke. The way you have to see it is like boxers on the ring and then the bell rings the boxer drops his gloves and walks back to the corner and gets hit behind the head.

You have to take into account that the suit was also built by banner in AoU.

Though in the comics, secret wars to be exact, Hulk has dented Ultron when Klaw with the power of the beyonder brought back Ultron for a brief moment. The wasp messed up ultron's inside after Hulk dented and knocked him to the floor in one hit. So the Hulk Buster suit being more durable than Ultron's adamantiun...meh...

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Not sure why people are letdown. It was made perfectly clear who was the underdog of the fight, and it was pretty obvious that if the fight had lasted an while longer, Tony would have been a red smear on the streets. Hulk took everything the Hulkbuster had and he never once slowed down.

The only reason Tony managed to cheap shot Hulk was because big green calmed down and was clearly distressed by all the harm he caused.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Exactly. The sad thing is people see what they want to see. Especially those who are not Hulk fans. That fight is the perfect compromise. It makes both characters look good, while making it clear who would have won. It's not very different than Hulk in the comics. His state of mind has caused him numerous losses.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomar:

That's true, his durability increases with his rage, so naturally is less when he is calm. Forgot that in my initial annoyance at the conclusion to the fight.

Avatar image for street_level_hero
    Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate the ape-like behavior. It seems like lazy writing/directing/cgi/whatever to me and it is very cheesy

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@fifthchild@nomar

You guys make a convincing case! I must admit I was so hacked off about Hulk being Ko'd, albeit in a calm state by Iron Man, because all a long I knew they would engineer it so Iron Man or should we say RDJ, because he seems to hold the cards, would come out of it with the upper hand. Anyway in my disgust at the conclusion to Hulk v Iron Man, I think I totally overlooked the scenes with Ultron and the fact that yep, he didn't almost totally wreck the Hulkbuster suit.

I think I need to see the film again!!

Keep in mind that Hulk took a much bigger shot from IM earlier in the fight & came back worse than ever:

When Stark is rescuing people in that lift Hulk leaps at him and the Hulkbuster suit flips over in the air and kicks Hulk on to the stairs. When everyone is out of the lift Stark uses it as a massive ball and chain to viciously smack Hulk in the face. As Hulk is turning around Stark immediatey follows it up by hitting him suare in the jaw with a huge flying, twisting left hook that almost fools us into thinking that he did just KO Hulk. But then we get that famous tooth spit/death stare that forces Stark to apologize.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

I thought there was gonna be bigger smashing scenes than before

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk looked fine in the movie. The only thing I didn't like was the King Kong type of portrayal they were going with him. I would've liked to see Hulk mutter a few token phrases.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: I wish they would just give him the EMH treatment. Don't make him well spoken, but at least make him speak. It's sad when a movie like Planet of the Apes can do what Disney can't for the Hulk on screen.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk looked fine in the movie. The only thing I didn't like was the King Kong type of portrayal they were going with him. I would've liked to see Hulk mutter a few token phrases.

I was a little surprised by the opening scene - just before BW calms him down we see Hulk just kind of randomly lashing out at stuff and kind of muttering to himself - he definitely seemed less in control than we saw at the end of Avengers.

hulk465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can't hulk fans ever accept facts and truth....

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulk465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen Avengers Age of Ultron 3x already and here's my observation on the Hulk in the film.

The BAD

-The Hulk does NOT talk in the whole film. Marvel does NOT know how to write and handle the Hulk in MCU. The Hulk should talk at least like he has in Avengers earth mightiest heroes cartoon.

-No hand clap shock wave to scatter the Ultron drones.

- Hulk get's KOed by a sucker punched from the Hulk buster. Which by the way has never happen in the comics.

-Where's is the big part that Kevin Feige said the Hulk would have? Blk widow, Cap and Ironman all have more screen time than Hulk. Not to mention the both Cap and Ironman already have there own film to focus on them.

- Hulk vs. the Hulk buster should have been longer.

- No mention of Betty while Banner is discussing a possible relationship with Blk widow.

The GOOD

- Hulk's blows send a Vibranium Ultron flying twice and making Hulk look stronger than Thor. Thor was brought to his knee by Vibranium Ultron. Vision, Ironman and Thor all had to trade blows to hold there own, while Hulk completely dominated the confrontation with Vibranium Ultron.

- Hulk taking massive leaps to catch up to the floating city.

- Hulk taking massive punishment from the Hulk buster and NO real injuries and blood spilled except a falling tooth.

- Hulk taking a direct hit by Hydra cannon with no problem.

- Hulk denting the Ironman metal rage cage and instead of wasting his time trying to get out, he just go's underground to escape it.

- Hulk buster taking so much damage from the Hulk, that "Victoria" can't respond to the damage report.

Overall the Hulk look's good but not great in this film in comparison to the first Avengers film which made Hulk look awesome.

haza96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the hulk was fine, didn't like how every time the hulk buster suit hit him he was sent flying across the street, hope they use the hulk buster suit in more films

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

@whoisthebest: a planet hulk / world war hulk movie is gonna and should make hulk the star..... not RDJ in hulkbuster.

only time will tell if MCU plans to introduce more characters into the cinematic universe or buys the rights to x-men and fantastic 4 for a WWH showdown

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.