Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

WB Hulk - how does it work?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I apologise for the rather numerous and basic questions I've been asking on here lately but a comic reader from yesteryear I'm re-building my comic book knowledge and find this World Breaker Hulk fascinating, because the gap between him and normal savage hulk seems enormous! One can get tagged by Wolverine, the other, evidently can destroy planets. I can hardly think of another character who seems to have such a diverse power range as Hulk! I'm curious as to how it works, basically. I mean the earth withstood an asteroid which was 110 miles wide and billions of tons in weight, which killed all the dinosaurs, but a 7 foot something 1000 LB muscle bound human can cause earthquakes with his foot steps and break the world? Isn't there a distant lack of scale here? I've always loved Hulk, but hadn't realised he had gotten this powerful whilst I'd been away for 28 years.... I'd appreciate someone enlightening me on World Breaker. How does he do it?!

No Caption Provided

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dum529001

@bezza:

How does he do it? He's just insanely powerful!!

WB Hulk is so powerful that planets and even planet-buster superhumans are like microbes to him, being destoyed just by his slightest movemnts.

Nice picture of Hulk by the way. Where did you get it?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: @bezza: World War Hulk is basically the culmination of motivation and anger focused by not just the Hulk but Banner also. Then after fighting with the most powerful heroes he thought was his friends before they tricked him and sent him into space never to be seen or heard from again finds out not only did they betray him but so did his new "friend" he put his trust into when he had no where else to turn. The anger and rage from the first added with the feeling of anger, betrayal, hatred from the second and just an all around hatred for everyone at that time (not being able to trust anyone) multiplied his strength and powers exponentially. I can post scans if you would like.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@degraaf said:

@dum529001: @bezza: World War Hulk is basically the culmination of motivation and anger focused by not just the Hulk but Banner also. Then after fighting with the most powerful heroes he thought was his friends before they tricked him and sent him into space never to be seen or heard from again finds out not only did they betray him but so did his new "friend" he put his trust into when he had no where else to turn. The anger and rage from the first added with the feeling of anger, betrayal, hatred from the second and just an all around hatred for everyone at that time (not being able to trust anyone) multiplied his strength and powers exponentially. I can post scans if you would like.

Yes please! Look, I know he is powerful, but what causes him to get to this insane level? Is it basically his gamma power reaching critical mass, does he drain the power from the planet? Its not enough to just say he gets mega angry and his steps break the planet. I'm just interested in what it is that he "gives off" that breaks the planet!!

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza:

He emits the same energy that fuels him, known as gamma rays, through his slightest movements due to reaching epic levels of power.

Hulk is a perpetual gamma generator. He's Marvel's main nuclear powerhouse(literally a walking nuclear pile, with limitless power potential, continuously feeding on itself.)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.