Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Time to end the debate- Thor vs. Hulk....

ponello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I took some time to create a video of who would win in a fight Thor or Hulk.

So tell me what you think about my video :D

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Lvenger
    No Caption Provided

I know you mean well and all but starting off with "Hulk has a strength limit" isn't going to make you that popular on these boards. Plus, there is no answer to this debate honestly. There's never going to be a fair and balanced fight where Thor and Hulk fight with no distractions or interruptions till one achieves victory because Marvel can milk so much money out of the rival Thor/Hulk fanbases. Not to mention that for some fans, victory is based on subjective character preference, not which character has the power, feats and capability to beat the other.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I haven't watched the video, because honestly there is no point. Neither you, me or anybody is gonna end the debate. Stan Lee himself couldn't end the debate and i am not talking just about fanboys, but Marvel themselves swing whichever way they feel at the time. Both Hulk and Thor have the ability to beat one another and it all depends on current circumstances i.e. how the writers/editors decide that day.

ponello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

Yea it was kinda stupid of me to say that I am gonna end the debate.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Bezza

@ponello said:

@lvenger:

You seriously posted a video on the Hulk forum which ends "to Hulk fanboys, Thor is more powerful..." and don't expect a negative reaction?! You clearly have a death wish, or very thick skin.

Fact is, if you do your homework, you will see that after 40 odd years of meeting in battle in countless comics, there has NOT been a clear winner. Most of their fights usually end in a draw, cause that's how Marvel wants it. Stan Lee knows this, most sensible Hulk and Thor fans know this, yet you think you know different...Hmmm......

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I haven't watched the video, because honestly there is no point. Neither you, me or anybody is gonna end the debate. Stan Lee himself couldn't end the debate and i am not talking just about fanboys, but Marvel themselves swing whichever way they feel at the time. Both Hulk and Thor have the ability to beat one another and it all depends on current circumstances i.e. how the writers/editors decide that day.

@bezza said:

@ponello said:

@lvenger:

You seriously posted a video on the Hulk forum which ends "to Hulk fanboys, Thor is more powerful..." and don't expect a negative reaction?! You clearly have a death wish, or very thick skin.

Fact is, if you do your homework, you will see that after 40 odd years of meeting in battle in countless comics, there has NOT been a clear winner. Most of their fights usually end in a draw, cause that's how Marvel wants it. Stan Lee knows this, most sensible Hulk and Thor fans know this, yet you think you know different...Hmmm......

These two posts pretty much sum up my thoughts. This was a very stupid and idiotic move to make. I mean, seriously, was this posted just to start a flame war or something? The sooner the mods close this thing, the better.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Schwarz

Should be closed. seems like a troll post.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only hulk fans feel he would win honestly thor would beat him 10/10 if he's taking it seriously qnd not being honourable and fighting just physically, plus this has been done before, seems a bit biast to post in hulk board and theres a reason why thor didnt fight hulk during WWH

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Stan Lee did say he created Thor to be Stronger and more Powerful than Hulk so.....don't hurt me

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno what's worse the Hulk fanboys/haters or all the people that bait controversy and play the victim card scared of all the infamous Hulk fanboys that attack everyone who disagrees with anything Hulk related. Flamewar incoming, though Hulk fanboys must be slow since i don't see any flamewar or agression,

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only hulk fans feel he would win honestly thor would beat him 10/10 if he's taking it seriously qnd not being honourable and fighting just physically, plus this has been done before, seems a bit biast to post in hulk board and theres a reason why thor didnt fight hulk during WWH

and that reason was because Thor was off world at the time. Initial drafts of the comic had Hulk pitted against Thor instead of Sentry.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teh_pwnerer: yes i know but thats quite convenient isnt it.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AtheistKnowledge
    IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teh_pwnerer: yes i know but thats quite convenient isnt it.

Not for the guy that wrote Hulk vs Thor to end the comic, and had to revise it because of said circumstances.

As of now, it's only convenient for Thor fans.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ponello: I strongly disagree with allot of your video. For one, you missed out context on hulks mountain lifting (he was incredibky weakened) and failed to mention any of his best feats like holding the weight of a star on his back. And you seriously went on to say that thor was stronger than hulk? Thor has ADMITTED that hulk Is physically stronger, heck thor has even seemed to be scared of his strength.

Sorry if i sound rude but your knowledge of hulk is shaky to say the least (he didn't bust a planet in world war hulk, he did it 2 years after that) and this video was made from a biased standpoint in thors favour imo.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: @teh_pwnerer: @atheistknowledge:

Thor wasn't supposed to lose in the draft (if your talking about the original that is). He was supposed to be the first fight after black bolt and also had the odin force IIRC. It was supposed to go back and forth for ages untill hulk disarmed thor and Korg picked up mjolnir; indicating he was worthy and in the right, prompting thor and hulk to have a talk then go their seperate ways.

Sentry was also involved, except instead of being a good fight he was supposed to be held in place by the spikes (the things in planet hulk) whilst hulk punched him once and broke every bone in his body.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: That's still a loss in my book and it makes it all the worse that Thor had OF.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the clarification good sir! That would have indeed been epic, and a win for Hulk fans everywhere.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor wasn't supposed to lose in the draft (if your talking about the original that is). He was supposed to be the first fight after black bolt and also had the odin force IIRC. It was supposed to go back and forth for ages untill hulk disarmed thor and Korg picked up mjolnir; indicating he was worthy and in the right, prompting thor and hulk to have a talk then go their seperate ways.

Sentry was also involved, except instead of being a good fight he was supposed to be held in place by the spikes (the things in planet hulk) whilst hulk punched him once and broke every bone in his body.

I didn't know that, good knowledge! Also shows how powerful WWH is that he would battle Odin Force Thor so closely.

At the end of the day, Hulk fans are realistic about battles with Thor, we know they have usually ended as draws with no conclusive winner.... its the Thor fans who can't accept that in all their battles, Thor has never had the upper hand over a green skinned behemoth!

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk >Thor

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair - it wasnt explicitly stated whether Thor had the Odinforce in Pak's treatment. Its very much possible but OTOH the question of whether he did or not seemed a bit undecided in the first few issues of his relaunch so I'm not sure how it would have played out.

There was another blog post by a guy who worked as an assistant editor IIRC during WWH who said that they wanted to use Thor as the final fight instead of Sentry at some point but they couldnt because he was dead/off-limits. How this fits with the draft you mention where Dr Strange was the final boss battle (and again whether he would have been substantially powered up) however is impossible to say.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fifthchild

Looking through the beginning of the video makes it obvious why grabbing a couple of one off feats that seem like the biggest (especially horribly drawn crap like the Midgard Serpent and the Asteroid-spring-smash) and trying to extrapolate some numbers so you can compare them is such a terrrible way to approach something like this. Especially in the case of Thor and Hulk where we have so many relatively direct matchups and matchups against similar foes. Thor stated Hulk might be the strongest creature who ever lived after Hulk pounded him senseless in the 2001 Annual. For the life of me I dont know why you would go past a direct matchup like that, or one of the many others, in favour of some random feats written by completely different people, decades apart.

Hulk and Thor is a classic fight and always will be - but i dont think the question of which character is stronger is really debatable anymore.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely no debate. Hulk is stronger, physically. Thor evens it up with his hammer. When these characters first appeared in about 1964/5, Thor was shown as having a slight strength edge if anything, but things changed in the 90s, 00s.

Just take a look at the Avengers movie. Yes I know its a film and not a comic, but Marvel were making a statement in that film when they brought out the Ruffalo hulk, basically "here is our strongest character". Why the heck do you think he was the one who came along and KO'd that space whale with a single punch when the other Avengers were brickin themselves and pondering how to stop it?!

..and wow, my 4000th CV post, exulting the power of Hulk, as it should be for a Hulk fan!!

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

Just take a look at the Avengers movie. Yes I know its a film and not a comic, but Marvel were making a statement in that film when they brought out the Ruffalo hulk, basically "here is our strongest character". Why the heck do you think he was the one who came along and KO'd that space whale with a single punch when the other Avengers were brickin themselves and pondering how to stop it?!

Agree but i do think the movie comic distinction is important.

In the comics Thor & Hulk has been a rivalry from the beginning (of both characters and fans), and there was a deliberate ambiguity for a long time. The focus of that rivalry drifted away from strength over the years and theres been less emphasis on keeping fans of both characters happy in recent years.

Amongst the Marvel Studios personnel however there seems to be a marked leaning towards the Hulk as not only the strongest but the most powerful Avenger. That might change as the years go on (its harder to tell team stories where any one character is markedly more powerful than the others), or even reverse but it seems to be the case atm.

OTOH the movies can influence the comics as much as the comics influence the movies, moreso when Marvel owns the film rights to those characters. So, while they will always have different continuities, going forward the distinction may be less important.

HULKANGRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HULKANGRY

A never ending story!

The idea to start was Thor stronger than Hulk to create. Thats right. But the idea was dropped! Hulk was from day one to date the strongest.

And Thor says self: The Hulk is stronger, i cannot beat the Hulk, etc.

Hulk and Thor fights: Hulk dominated the battles most clearly and wins.

Or other example: It is always Hulk vs Superman. (strongest vs strongest / crossover, opinion polls, etc.)

No Caption Provided

But Thor have the potential (one of the few) to beat the Hulk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.