The Second Most Powerful Being in the Marvel Universe.

• 52 results
#1 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18699 posts) - - Show Bio

If we ignore the godly beings and such, after beating black bolt his the second most powerful bring on earth?

EDIT:

Never mind, i ashamed that i ever made this thread, please ignore this, when i made it i was a bias stubborn fanboy.

#2 Posted by UrbanChill (232 posts) - - Show Bio

who is the first ?

#3 Posted by VictorGrey (13472 posts) - - Show Bio

@UrbanChill: The Writer, lol

#4 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh... Why would that make sense?

#5 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18699 posts) - - Show Bio

@UrbanChill: sentry

#6 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

BB wasn't second though, neither was sentry first, that was exagerated.

#7 Posted by daak1212 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

The Shield list is completely wrong. Black Bolt, Sentry, Hulk arent even top ten or even 50. Hulk has some amazing feats and people down play the holy hell out of him here (Bias against Green Man make me mad) but no not top 50. Hell you have Abstracts so that pretty much takes top 20. Being wise it's Silver Surfer first before you start going into sky fathers and stuff

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34991 posts) - - Show Bio

lolwut?

#9 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11269 posts) - - Show Bio

This guy must have taken some drugs or something.

...I want whatever he's having, please.

#10 Posted by ComicMan24 (147032 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. There are several beings that are more powerful than those two.

#11 Posted by Billy Batson (58313 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, Hulk is already da powerfullest.
BB

#12 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
lolwut?
#13 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGoldenOne
@spiderbat87 said:
lolwut?
#14 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk is powerful, but I wouldn't say he's the Second most powerful being in the Marvel Universe. I'm guessing that the second most powerful being is Silver Surfer (who is the most powerful being anyway? Galactus?!?) However, I would say that Hulk is the most powerful Human being in the MU.

#15 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18699 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: im sure i haven't taken any drugs lol , but in world war hulk , it is mentioned that black bolt is the second most powerful being in the marvel universe, guess it was exaggerated

#16 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11269 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Supreme Marvel: im sure i haven't taken any drugs lol , but in world war hulk , it is mentioned that black bolt is the second most powerful being in the marvel universe, guess it was exaggerated

Thank Dawin I don't read Marvel. I do know my info, and Hulk and Black Bolt are nowhere near powerful compared to other powerful beings.

#17 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh they were just the two most powerful in the area basically ... Something as how Dr.Strange said Ghostrider was the most powerful on Earth when Sentry was not on it. They are saying overall ability but Hulk is still stronger than most of marvel. In overall power he's not very high at all.

#18 Posted by WorldWarHulk (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Hulk beat Sentry after both fought they reverted to their human counterparts and Banner knocked him out or at least hit him across the face.

#19 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

He never beat Black Bolt anyway. He built an inferior Skrull copy. 

#20 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure when that was stated, it was Spiderman who said it, and it was referring to Earth's most powerful, not the MU.

#21 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

He never beat Black Bolt anyway. He built an inferior Skrull copy.

When was it even revealed he was a skrull?

#22 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

When they cracked open the Skrull ship and Black Bolt was there, incapacitated. 
#23 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Was that before or after WWH?

#24 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

After.
#25 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

After.

Which means it doesn't mean shit if he was discovered to be a skrull if the writter of WWH intended BB to be at his normal power level.

#26 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

After.

Which means it doesn't mean shit if he was discovered to be a skrull if the writter of WWH intended BB to be at his normal power level.

A) Don't swear 
B) It was a Skrull, deal with it, and get over it. 
#27 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

After.

A) Don't swear

A) Lol at the ''don't swear''.

B) That's not argument, if by all intent the writter intended him to be BB than so was his power level. Other writters deciding to add something to a character after the character (or his skrull counterpart if you prefer) had a fight, doesn't make the fight and its result any less valid.

#28 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

After.

A) Don't swear

B) That's not argument, if by all intent the writter intended him to be BB than so was his power level. Other writters deciding to add something to a character after the character (or his skrull counterpart if you prefer) had a fight, doesn't make the fight and its result any less valid.

Well since Greg Pak wrote World War Hulk as one of the biggest PIS infused events of all time, I guess we should just let it slide? Never mind that Black Bolt would completely obliterate the Hulk in a fight, never mind that Sentry was far stronger than WWH ever could have been. We'll just let it slide because it was Greg Pak's intention to screw up power levels? Ok, sure. 
#29 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

After.

A) Don't swear

Well since Greg Pak wrote World War Hulk as one of the biggest PIS infused events of all time, I guess we should just let it slide? Never mind that Black Bolt would completely obliterate the Hulk in a fight, never mind that Sentry was far stronger than WWH ever could have been. We'll just let it slide because it was Greg Pak's intention to screw up power levels? Ok, sure.

Shit someone being butthurt about WWH event? Such a surprise. You seem to be the one who can't get over it but w/e it's comon.

Ugh, I hate when people do that. You point something out in an assertive tone, and they immediately assume you're hostile. Here's some advice, just because you're clearly wrong, and refuse to accept it, doesn't mean the other person is "butthurt". 
#30 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL.

#31 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

After.

A) Don't swear

Shit someone being butthurt about WWH event? Such a surprise. You seem to be the one who can't get over it but w/e it's comon.

Ugh, I hate when people do that. You point something out in an assertive tone, and they immediately assume you're hostile. Here's some advice, just because you're clearly wrong, and refuse to accept it, doesn't mean the other person is "butthurt".

The very fact that you assume you can't even be wrong is proof enough that the idea of the contrary couldn't be tolerated, that's pretty much being butthurt. Also it's quite arrogant to not even consider the possibility of being wrong.

#32 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

After.

A) Don't swear

The very fact that you assume you can't even be wrong is proof enough that the idea of the contrary couldn't be tolerated, that's pretty much being butthurt. Also it's quite arrogant to not even consider the possibility of being wrong.

I'm wrong a lot. OK, not a lot, I'm wrong in terms of speculation a lot. In this instance though, I'm not wrong. I know I'm right. Marvel Comics and 90% of the comic-reading public agree with me, and they know I'm right. 
#33 Posted by Nearl (2514 posts) - - Show Bio

i just followed the link...

#34 Posted by nickthedevil (13930 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL me too.

#35 Posted by MrDirector786 (43641 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

If the Hulk Defeated Black bolt, Doesn't that mean he is the Second Most Powerful human being in the Marvel Universe?

Yes it does. The only person more powerful than Hulk is Storm.

#36 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

After.

A) Don't swear

I'm wrong a lot. OK, not a lot, I'm wrong in terms of speculation a lot. In this instance though, I'm not wrong. I know I'm right. Marvel Comics and 90% of the comic-reading public agree with me, and they know I'm right.

Nah thor getting beaten by Rulk is something most ppl agrees was PIS. When WWH is used in a fight I don't really see people act the same way they do toward Rulk. And obviously lots of people are gonna be mad if a character they underate alot such as Hulk start beating the crap out of so many people. Was some of it CIS? Yes some ghost rider incident for example or strange getting his hand crushed (though that was more a trick). But no the whole thing wasn't PIS. Hulk has very variable power level, most people just don't seem to understand that. Thinking there's barely of a difference between each incarnation of Hulk.

#37 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

If the Hulk Defeated Black bolt, Doesn't that mean he is the Second Most Powerful human being in the Marvel Universe?

She's on another level though. She can beat Thanos with ease, via pressure force fields.

#38 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

She's on another level though. She can beat Thanos with ease, via pressure force fields.

Though we all know MU No.1 is squirrel girl.

#39 Posted by CATPANEXE (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

#40 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_Gui_1 said:

No cursing, please.

Also, Skrull versions of established characters aren't as powerful as the originals.

#41 Posted by WorldWarHulk (6 posts) - - Show Bio

If anything BB being a skrull is BS for another ark no skrull could tear the moon apart like he did Hulk could and would beat blackbolt in that situation. And BB would destory any freaken skrulls that went at him.

#42 Posted by vidarrodinson (134 posts) - - Show Bio

I,m surprised all of you firgot about The Molecule Man. Probably the most powerful human in the entire universe. His power is so unique, he is recognized by the so called abstracts. Surely the Hulk is not above him. And Galactus of all beings, was a human from his origin.

#43 Posted by xerozeven (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's got sooo many super ultra uber-powered beings: Beyonder, Molecule Man, Living Tribunal, the One-Above-All. I would imagine that at least the top 10 or 20 characters in the Marvel Universe have omnipotence, omniscience, or reality manipulation, so the Hulk would rank pretty low in comparison.

#44 Posted by Skyfire (760 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, OP said second most powerful human being, not most powerful in general.

#45 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@daak1212: Thor has beaten the Surfer a few times!

#46 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: The Blue Marvel knocked him into orbit, Thor killed the Sentry! The guy powerful but, these two rank above him in my book.

#47 Posted by Yai_Inn (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily not in the top 20 human (mutant) characters  
1. Molecule Man (Pre-Retcon)  
2. Jean Grey (White Phoenix of the Crown)  
3. Scarlet Witch (HoM) 
4. Captain Britain (w. Excalibur)   
5. Mad Jim Jaspers  
6. Legion  
7. Korvac  
8. Franklin Richards 
- Molecule Man (Retcon)  
9. Marquis of Death 
10. Hyperstorm  
11. Proteus Piecemeal  
12. Jamie Braddock  
13. Hutch 
14. Jonz Rickard  
15. Alfie O'Meagan  
16. Shadow King  
17. Mikhail Rasputin  
18. Mister M  
19. Meggan (and the Fairies)  
20. Mantis  
21. Mindstar  
22. High Evolutionary  
23. Cable (w. out TO virus) 

#48 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say that Hulk is the most powerful character without the power cosmic or strong reality warping powers

#49 Edited by Lvenger (21181 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is by no means the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe. He's not even the most powerful Earth bound hero IMO. He's definitely among the strongest but when it comes to overall power, there are plenty of characters who can give Hulk a good thrashing.

#50 Posted by Basement_Studios (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Piss the Hulk off enough, and he'd probably smash anyone except maybe the Beyonder or Thanos with the Gauntlet :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.