Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

The Incredible Hulk #8, #9, #10 - What happened Jason Aaron?

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By thanosrules

Here is a simple blog post that I published for the review of #8-#10.

http://thanosrules.tumblr.com/post/27119735522/incredible-hulk-8-9-10-review

-----------------

If you don't want to click on the link, the text is as follows:

The Incredible Hulk #8, #9, #10 - “Stay Angry” Parts 1-3

Mixed Feelings…

I have been overly tolerant of this story-arc so far. I want to believe it is going to get better. The arc(s) up to this point were excellent (from 4-5 / 5.0), and I would recommend them, but this story-arc has fallen flat on its face.

I hate to give anything a real bad score, especially if it comes from a great series, but these three books are falling from grace (#8 with a 3.5 and #9 and #10 with 3.0). There are some redeeming characteristics for each issue, but the individual stories leave much to be desired.

The only real reason these issues have not fallen below the 3.0 line for me is the fact that the idea behind this story-arc is smart.

The Idea:Hulk is no longer in control, evil-Banner is. Banner is executing some big plan (off-panel) that we and Hulk only get glimpses of when Hulk is angry… thus, Hulk has to STAY ANGRY.

The execution of this idea, on the other hand - not so smart. It is riddled with odd sexual innuendos, lame secondary antagonist characters and uncharacteristically sloppy story-telling (especially from Jason Aaron!). Maybe, at this point, this is a back-burner book for Aaron? Who knows… because I have always enjoyed Aaron’s writing and story-telling…hmm…

Anyway, if you like the idea of this story-arc and hope it will get better; are in the collecting mood; and/or enjoy gratuitous violence - you may still like this run…

NOTE: Andrew and I discuss Issues #8 and #9 of this story-arc is much more detail in Stacks of Comics (@stacksofcomics) Episodes #4 and #5 respectively.

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By thanosrules

@TheAcidSkull: That makes sense. I never thought of it that way. I guess I assume writers who can write, can write anything. That is certainly foolhardy of me. ;)

Only a limited number of issues for him and this arc, so I guess we will see how it goes. I am interested in HULK UNITED, but I will have to see.

Thanks for checking out my review! :D

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
    Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

My hope is, with Jason Aaron gone, maybe we can get a title that unifies Red and Green Hulk into an unstable partnership. Not Compound Hulk though; that was a bit weird.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.