The Hulk...a hero? a villain? or anti-hero?

#1 Posted by Blob (576 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk...a hero? a villain? or anti-hero? Take your basic Savage Hulk what do you think of him as? I see him as an anti-hero he has saved numerous peoples lives before but he is also capable of being a nearly unstoppable angry destructive monster as well.

#2 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Reluctant Hero would be my guess.

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the term Anti-hero because by definition Anti means against therefore an anti-hero would be a villain

#4 Posted by OhItsThatGuy (791 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally view Hulk as a flawed, yet generally good guy who was given a bad hand. Not really a hero, but not a villain either.

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12781 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
I hate the term Anti-hero because by definition Anti means against therefore an anti-hero would be a villain
I know what you mean, it's become a simpler way to say gray area character,
#6 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

None of the above.

He is simply Hulk.

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Under most circumstances he's more like an animal running on instinct and if people would just get the hell out of his way most of the time he'd just move on  

#8 Posted by daredevil21134 (11846 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is making me angry......you won't like me when i'm angry

#9 Edited by gethere (164 posts) - - Show Bio

I will say very heroic anti-hero, because despite the many times he had been heroic, such as saving people, the country, the world etc. He has never really fit very will the hero crowd as it been show so many times, and he  does not like heroes that much nor does he think of himself as one. Yet when people are in trouble and he is written correctly he never turn a blind eye, as in he always wither intent or not helps people.

#10 Posted by doomsilver (643 posts) - - Show Bio
@gravitypress said:
Reluctant Hero would be my guess.

that would be my guess in the begining, but he really got into it.
#11 Posted by MonsterObsessor (1174 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I see Hulk as a villain and anti-hero and that is what Alex Mercer will look like. By the way, I could say both of them are reluctant heroes.

#12 Posted by Samimista (20717 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on his moodswing really.

#13 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13181 posts) - - Show Bio

reluctant hero

#14 Posted by katanalauncher (937 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither, he's someone that just wants to be left alone.

#15 Posted by kaiserg (20 posts) - - Show Bio

PLAIN HERO.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.