Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

take hulk back to his roots

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

back in the sixties hulk was a counter culture icon, one of the original anti heros, in my opinion the best hulk stories have come from his issues with the U.S. military. i liked world war hulk and planet hulk but the fugitive aspects combined with the jekle and hyde nature of hulk and banner are what really made me love the character. i know people will argue with me about this but i liked it better when hulk was unique.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine

Yawn.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe
    @John Valentine:
    ok so maybe im old fashion but i like when the writers actually tried to make an interesting character instead of doing rip offs of other characters alot of writers are just getting lazy leading to crap like red hulk and daken or another of the billion superman rip offs
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By John Valentine
    @joshmightbe said:
    "@John Valentine: ok so maybe im old fashion but i like when the writers actually tried to make an interesting character instead of doing rip offs of other characters alot of writers are just getting lazy leading to crap like red hulk and daken or another of the billion superman rip offs "

So, by completely rehashing the character they'd be original? No.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

im just saying i liked the original concept
    HoldyourfireAl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By HoldyourfireAl

I agree 1000% and one of the reasons that I am happy with Jeff Loeb is that he brought "my" Hulk back after 20+ years! I started collecting The Incredible Hulk because of the original Bill Bixby TV movie in 1977. I have followed the book monthly since #219. My Hulk is Dr. Robert Bruce Banner that transforms in times of stress into the child-like hero Hulk. 

Al

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.