"Stay Angry" Review

#1 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17849 posts) - - Show Bio

Thoughts

Before i start reviewing this arc, i would like to warn you about the spoilers ahead, thank you. when Jason Aaron started his run on the hulk , The first 7 issues were great , we got to see something new and fresh with the hulk and i enjoyed it a lot. and i loved the idea of the whole stay angry stuff, but sadly my expectations were not met. needles to say , i would still recommend the first seven issues, and as for the stay angry arc , i 'll discuss it now.

The Good

The Idea iteslf as i said was very good, the whole "Tables have Turned" idea was very interesting , and we got too see banner torturer the hulk for a while. Though most people don't view this as a good thing , i for one like that the comic book kept you guessing , it didn't have that moment where you got bored, and it was maybe a bit random but you still made you think something like " hey, i wonder why banners doing all This ? ". Moreover , the last issue was still the beast of the series and it featured you're classic Hulk Vs Wolverine And Hulk Vs Thing, and i'd like too say that Aaron did capture the whole relationship between hulk , thing and wolverine . And last but not least, the ending was good, it made you more interested to follow on though,

The Bad

stick around, cause i got a lot to complain about . I did say that the idea was interesting , but it wasn't that well played out and the book had a lot of problem. First of all, one of the biggest problems with book was the constant art changing , while this is not necessarily bad and sometimes it can be even good, this time around non of the artist except Pacheco's were right for someone like the hulk. For example, Steve Dillon's art is great, but his hulk looks like a bald tall guy who has been covered in green paint from head too toe instead of a huge gamma monster. Secondly, Jason Aaron makes occasional mistakes such as hulks skin being priced by normal needles without any indication for what they were made or tha fact that hulk is still bold regardless of his healing factor, but i still give him the benefit of the doubt since it's his first time writing the hulk. One of the other problems i had with the story are the villains, Pit Bull? old-Sharky? really? Jason Aaron should have come up with better villains than That( but maybe that,s just me). Moreover, though the whole environment of space, Water and the jungles were different , the pattern still felt the same, " hulk wakes up in some unknown place, starts Smashing things ,and then reverts back to banner." but as i said at least we got some different scenarios to make the book more colorful.

recommendation: if a had to Pick between issues i'd say pick up 12# for 3 reasons, 1. we get a classic battle featuring wolverine and the thing, 2. the evnts of the previous issues were mentioned here, 3. banners plan is revealed.

if you are a hulk fan i'd say pick only to keep up with the hulks story, but if you are not a hulk fan then you should skip it.

Rating: 2,5/5

#2 Posted by Lvenger (19139 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice review. But you could have produced this as an actual review instead of a forum post.

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17849 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Nice review. But you could have produced this as an actual review instead of a forum post.

thanks man, but this is not a review for just one issue, it's a review for the whole run

#4 Posted by Lvenger (19139 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@Lvenger said:

thanks man, but this is not a review for just one issue, it's a review for the whole run

Ah I see. My bad about that.

#5 Posted by thanosrules (546 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Great review! I have updated my blog post about this tragic arc (here) and my review gallery (here) - I referenced this review of yours within both posts. :)

#6 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17849 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosrules said:

@TheAcidSkull: Great review! I have updated my blog post about this tragic arc (here) and my review gallery (here) - I referenced this review of yours within both posts. :)

thanks man you are awesome, if anybody ask i'll form now on recommend you're reviews :)

#7 Posted by mister garbage (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice review.

@thanosrules: 'Tragic arc' - I couldn't have worded it better myself!

#8 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17849 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister garbage said:

Nice review.

thanks,

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.