Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Savage Hulk

• 107 results
    RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RaynorJ

Same as with the all new Hulk series i thought i'd make a "Savage Hulk" thread, even though the series wont be out till June it's good to have a thread for it so that we could post any upcoming previews for it.

SAVAGE HULK #1

ALAN DAVIS (W/A/C)

VARIANT by JOHN CASSADAY

75th Anniversary Variant by ALEX ROSS

SKETCH Variant by ALEX ROSS

AN ALL-NEW SERIES!!!

Alan Davis writes and draws a blockbuster story pitting the HULK against… the X-MEN!?!?! Learn the startling secret of Professor Xavier’s connection to Bruce Banner! Guest starring the Leader and the Abomination!

No Caption Provided

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Cool!

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: What's cooler is probably what Jim Starlin is gonna do with Hulk launching him in space and bringing in guys like Thanos, Anhilius and Blastaar.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bezza

@raynorj:

Totally agree, see my reply on the IH thread, cant wait for Thanos, the abomination etc...happy days hopefully will be here again!

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RaynorJ

we should really make ONE thread for hulk titles.

Personally i disagree. I don't care who makes the threads if you want i could ask the mods to delete these ones and you can make your own but discussing several Hulk titles in a single thread seems like a clusterf@ck to me. It's better to have things more organized and if someone is more interested in the Savage Hulk title he can come here and discuss it without having to intervene with someone that wants to discuss let's say Marvel Knights Hulk. If it's against the rules than it's fine but if the only argument people can come up with is "i want to have 1 hulk thread, just cause" than i really don't see the point.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: We can have that place but at the same time i don't see why we can't have a place to discuss some different aspects. It's not everyone it's one guy that's making those threads and i agree there is no need to make a single thread about every attribute of Hulks when you made a IH respect thread neither me nor anyone else told you make a thread just for speed, just for durability and just for strength, etc... But personally i have a feeling that Mark Waids title is going to continue to suck(i might be wrong i don't know until i read it but i am not liking the previews all that much and it looks like Waid is making Hulk the bad guy) while Savage Hulk is gonna be a lot of fun. So the positive and negative comments are gonna overlap one another.

But in the end it's like you said it doesn't really matter where we discuss them.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Because like you said Hulk will most likely be treated as a menace, Banner will be in trouble because of the bullet and because of that Hulk will be on a rampage to "destroy" the Avengers and therefore he needs to be stopped i hate that. I really hate when Hulk is treated as a rampaging monster that the heroes need to stop... It's been done a million times already and it only get's more and more repetitive and boring. It also plays out Hulk to be the bad guy which is again another thing i hate. I dunno why Mark Waid needed to start off the new series with the most cliche thing ever and that's Hulk fighting the Avengers.... and to make things worse the list of the Avengers he seems to be fighting looks less than impressive so i am in for a disappointment once they defeat the Hulk.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

@theacidskull: Because like you said Hulk will most likely be treated as a menace, Banner will be in trouble because of the bullet and because of that Hulk will be on a rampage to "destroy" the Avengers and therefore he needs to be stopped i hate that. I really hate when Hulk is treated as a rampaging monster that the heroes need to stop... It's been done a million times already and it only get's more and more repetitive and boring. It also plays out Hulk to be the bad guy which is again another thing i hate. I dunno why Mark Waid needed to start off the new series with the most cliche thing ever and that's Hulk fighting the Avengers.... and to make things worse the list of the Avengers he seems to be fighting looks less than impressive so i am in for a disappointment once they defeat the Hulk.

Well, you don't really know the context behind the fight, and you don't know if hulk will loose this battle, this is his own title remember? Also, I'm sure it's Hulk who's fluctuation at first and then he'll reach a stable stage when he'll go back to helping people, at least that's my prediction. There are two things we know for sure, Banner will fluctuate, Hulk will be constant, which means both will have time to be on screen.

I am pretty confident it will just be another misunderstanding in the end.... Just because it's Hulks own title doesn't mean he can't lose he has lost countless times in his own title before. All i am saying is so far the previews aren't giving me much confidence to be honest. And the previews do say that Ironman will stop him so one way or another Hulk loses to them.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RaynorJ

@raynorj said:

@theacidskull said:

@raynorj said:

Well, you don't really know the context behind the fight, and you don't know if hulk will loose this battle, this is his own title remember? Also, I'm sure it's Hulk who's fluctuation at first and then he'll reach a stable stage when he'll go back to helping people, at least that's my prediction. There are two things we know for sure, Banner will fluctuate, Hulk will be constant, which means both will have time to be on screen.

I am pretty confident it will just be another misunderstanding in the end.... Just because it's Hulks own title doesn't mean he can't lose he has lost countless times in his own title before. All i am saying is so far the previews aren't giving me much confidence to be honest. And the previews do say that Ironman will stop him so one way or another Hulk loses to them.

As long as it's not through brute strength, I'll be okay with it. I'm not sure he'll loose either, I think he'll get reverted back to Banner at best.

It's not gonna be brute strength there is no way Waid is gonna do that he ain't crazy. But isn't forcefully reverting him to Banner the same as defeating the Hulk?

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Whatever he will do according to the previews it's some kind of forbidden knowledge which leads me to believe it has more to do with mysticism than science which is very weird when you think it's Tony Stark that's trying it out. Yes i know when Hulk had a piece of shrapnel stuck in his brain.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Well i don't know much what happened with Leader nowadays i don't read the Thunderbolts but the writers have freedom as said by the editor they can do stories from the past, present or even future so who knows.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..Anyone going to buy savage Hulk INSTEAD of the Marvel Now re-booted Waid comic? I was going to buy both, but after reading IH 20 I am just not sure if I want to waste my $3.99 (£2.90 UK) on the new Waid comic.......

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RaynorJ

@bezza said:

..Anyone going to buy savage Hulk INSTEAD of the Marvel Now re-booted Waid comic? I was going to buy both, but after reading IH 20 I am just not sure if I want to waste my $3.99 (£2.90 UK) on the new Waid comic.......

I think Lvenger is planning to do that, he finally gave up on Waids Hulk. However i think you should give Waid a chance 4 bucks ain't that much and there are alternatives if you are reserved about your money you could always torrent it and see if you like it or not if you do then buy it if you don't drop it... You said you like Hulk vs other superheroes and in the first few issues we will get just that.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..yeah, maybe you're right. As Hulk is my numero uno, I guess I should give it a chance!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@raynorj: I'm actually going to buy James Robinson's Fantastic Four instead for the record. Though I did consider buying Savage Hulk but not anymore. Going for something different from Marvel.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Fair enough.

@bezza: Of course, if it doesn't work out at least you gave it a chance as a loyal fan and at least we might have an alternative series(which could also go either way but i am hoping it does good).

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@raynorj: I'm actually going to buy James Robinson's Fantastic Four instead for the record. Though I did consider buying Savage Hulk but not anymore. Going for something different from Marvel.

WHAT THE F*CK! >:P

+ 1 !!

I don't know if I am still suffering a hangover from the rather cheesy Fantastic Four films, but I have always found the characters, aside from old ben grimm a tad annoying. I cant imagine swapping a Hulk book for a fantastic four one!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I'm not seeing what...oh wait now I do. No come on man there's no need, I'll be fine with the preview pages and reviews.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bezza

@bezza said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

WHAT THE F*CK! >:P

+ 1 !!

I don't know if I am still suffering a hangover from the rather cheesy Fantastic Four films, but I have always found the characters, aside from old ben grimm a tad annoying. I cant imagine swapping a Hulk book for a fantastic four one!

Well that's of course his choice :P, but Lvenger is reading the savage hulk title one way or the other. I think he knows what I'm getting at ;)

Lets hope its good enough to entice him back from the FF4!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...or it could be "clobbering time!"

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: @bezza: You know what, I might only just read FF for one issue then jump on for Savage Hulk in June. It does look good and that way I won't need to see it any other way if you catch my drift TAS ;)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

Cool! (..you could always get both!)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Not enough room on my pull list for both.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..I have a similar problem! This comic buying lark is expensive!

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RaynorJ

Yea it's a shame it's set in the past, still that's not really a problem and i am looking forward to Starlins arc more than i am looking forward to the one Davis is writing.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Bezza
    kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bezza said:

@theacidskull:

Did I read it right that its only 4 issues?

The arc is 4 issues, the series is on-going. Have no fear!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bezza
    RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RaynorJ

SAVAGE HULK #2

ALAN DAVIS (W) • ALAN DAVIS (A/C)

Variant by RYAN STEGMAN

AN ALL-NEW SERIES BY SUPERSTAR ALAN DAVIS!!!

• While HULK and ABOMINATION have the clash of the century…

• …the X-MEN do the Monster Mash!

• And PROFESSOR X plans to…terminate the Hulk?!?

No Caption Provided

I wonder who is gonna write the better fight between Hulk and Abomination(seeing as Hulk is fighting him in both Hulk series and Savage Hulk series) my guess is Alan Davis, seeing as Waids track record of cool and exciting fights has been very poor.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@raynorj:

Definitely betting on Alan Davis.

Just with two solicitations, this series looks like it'll put the main Hulk title written by Waid to shame in more ways than one. That and if my guess is right, Waid is either going to give us: 1) A resurrected Abomination zombie that's been revived by Hulk's blood; or 2) Abomination from Counter-Earth with the same power levels of Emil prior to him being killed by Red Hulk.

All in all, I was hoping Emil would return more powerful and dangerous than ever, complete with his Chaos War upgrade or perhaps merged with the demonic Zom entity. I could even see HYDRA & AIM resurrecting him and making him larger and more powerful. Either of those options would be pretty cool. Nonetheless, it appears that Waid is going for the predictable resurrection.

Anyways, I'm betting that Davis' fight will be more titanic and epic.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

SAVAGE HULK #2

ALAN DAVIS (W) • ALAN DAVIS (A/C)

Variant by RYAN STEGMAN

AN ALL-NEW SERIES BY SUPERSTAR ALAN DAVIS!!!

• While HULK and ABOMINATION have the clash of the century…

• …the X-MEN do the Monster Mash!

• And PROFESSOR X plans to…terminate the Hulk?!?

No Caption Provided

I wonder who is gonna write the better fight between Hulk and Abomination(seeing as Hulk is fighting him in both Hulk series and Savage Hulk series) my guess is Alan Davis, seeing as Waids track record of cool and exciting fights has been very poor.

Has Hulk been on a diet? Looks a bit small alongside Abomination in that shot!

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza Yea, who knows maybe this Abomination has some sort of an upgrade or maybe this is how the writer sees them. Personally i don't care about their size difference i wanna see the strength difference.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.