RESPECT THE HULK!

• 142 results
#51 Posted by Takao0815 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19: Look at dum529001 text.

No. 22

Consider: Celestials throw their opponents planet to distract from the real attacks.

No. 24 (possibly evidence of infinite strength)

No. 92 and 16 Also be observed as.

At No. 16 to mention the soch the planet was the performance was smaller.

Anyone on the planet was formerly resisted the effortless power of Proffesor Hulk and the Silver Surfer.

Only the latter corresponds to an already Exploding sun.

If we now consider that this person has gotten only a small part of the energy is reflected how large the energy must have been.

Which that person has been completely destroyed.

I hope my English is to understand to some extent.

#52 Posted by Killemall (18556 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Hulk vs Silver Surfer fights thus far

Tales to Astonish 93: No result

Incredible Hulk Volume 2, 250: Surfer beats hulk by draining him

Incredible Hulk Volume 3, 95: Weakened Hulk vs Weakened Surfer, Hulk beats him by well smashing him

Silver Surfer Volume 3, Issue 125: No result, Surfer tries to drain him but fails because at this moment there is no Bruce Banner in Hulk

#53 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

update

#54 Posted by Sinfulplayerx (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome stuff right there. Thank you for all that work. I love it. You forgot "World Breaker Hulks Special Power Additional Effect". Makes Thor lovers into Hulk haters. Just kidding I like Thor too. I enjoy both characters but the Hulk stuff makes the hairs on my Wolverine arms stand on end. :)

#55 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk all day!!!~

#56 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

A Basic Rundown of Hulk's Superhuman Abilities

1. The Source of Hulk's Power:

Atoms are the fabric of reality. The universe has endless atoms/mass and thus , the limitless atomic energy (the motion of atoms/mass), which is where the Hulk draws his power from. Hulk is powered by the most power energy form: Gamma rays. Gamma ray explosions are so powerful that they can generate as much power a sun (a trillion megaton-nuclear bombs exploding every second) produces in it's entire billion year life span within milliseconds to hundreds of seconds.

Obviously the Hulk is a gamma-charged monster, so he's a real powerhouse but because he's the "Incredible Hulk", enough is never enough for this guy!

2. What triggers the Hulk's increase in strength?

Hulk's body just converts universal atomic energy to his body's own might when he gets stressed, granting him limitless superhuman strength potential. He doesn't increase in power just because he wants to, he does it out of necessity. The Hulk will always continue to increase in strength..... As long as he is pushing himself or being pushed by others hard enough that he actually NEEDS to increase in strength. If not then his strength level will stay the same and he may start to power down and revert to his (relatively) human form, Bruce Banner.

Being pushed towards his physical limits such as when he seriously exerts himself (like when he fighting really hard and/or getting angry) or gets hit a by a powerful enough force then the Hulk is made to grow stronger in proportion to that on a genetic level.

This extra-chemical process not only means that the Hulk has limitless in strength but is indestructible as well where it counts most, on the genetic level.

3. Hulk's regeneration:

It's true that no one can regenerate from nothing, no matter how powerful they are.

You have to have DNA, the beginning of a living cell, supplemented with the necessary building material to form the specific proteins that make up multicellular organ systems. Because Hulk's DNA & building material needed for assembling proteins grows in strength in proportion to stress, he can always regrow all other organic matter because his DNA is always left intact.

Also, Though not necessary for his survival, the Hulk can regenerate at an incredible rate.

4. Hulk's own transmutation(the change of matter) and resistance to outside transmutation:

It can be said Transmutation/Matter manipulation does not work on Hulk because he manipulates matter as well, in the best way possible. the Hulk himself is living transmutation, an unstoppable juggernaut of transmutation. Hulk's own transmutation prevents him from being completely overtaken by outside transmutation. Atom by atom, molecule by molecule, Hulk can be taken to the edge and not be obliterated because he simultaneously builds himself up and getting stronger.

In Conclusion:

Adapting to any force through unlimited mass growth, the growing in atomic-molecular strength at the genetic level, fueled by limitless atomic energy in proportion to stress.

Hulk is limitless mass/energy fueled by limitless mass/energy of the universe.

According to Marvel comics, the Hulk DOES in fact have unlimited strength.

The Hulk is an biologically indestructible human juggernaut of limitless nuclear power!!

RESPECT THE HULK! THE ORIGINAL OMEGA THREAT!

#57 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

HULK QUOTES:

"Nothing kills the Hulk! Nothing stops the Hulk!"

"Puny humans, leave Hulk alone or Hulk smash!"

"Hulk is strongest there is!"

HULK SMASH AVENGERS #1

"The Hulk is never helpless!"

TALES TO ASTONISH #75

I'm the strongest livin' man there is!

TALES TO ASTONISH #77

Nothing can hurt me! Nothing can stop me! I'm the Hulk! I'm the strongest there is!

FANTASTIC FOUR #25

Gettin' weak...tired...but he's stronger than ever! How does he do it?!

He gets stronger every minute!!

TALES TO ASTONISH #59

You think you can wear me out? Slow me down? You're a fool Giant-man

You don't know the Hulk! The angrier I get the stronger I get! and I've never been angrier!

TALES TO ASTONISH #70

I can put on pressure too! And the madder I get, the stronger I get--!!

FANTASTIC FOUR #26

But as the strange battle rages, Giant-man learns that the Hulk is nearly inexhaustible! His incredible strength seems to increase during the strain of combat!

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #112

I have weakened you! But I can't get weak!! I grow stronger every minute!! stronger! stronger! stronger! strong enough to crush even you!!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #14

You soon get tired-- but the Hulk never does!

INCREDIBLE HULK #117

The more I struggle-- the tighter it wraps itself around me. But the madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk becomes!

I'll never stop-- I'll never give up! Hulk must break free! Hulk can break free!

It isn't possible!! nobody could struggle so long with my cage! And yet-- his movements are growing stronger instead of weaker!

CAPTAIN AMERICA #257

The man monsters rage builds...And the madder Hulk gets... The stronger Hulk gets!

As a brilliant poster wrote on another Hulk forum: ------>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

TALES TO ASTONISH #63

"The Hulk has limitless strength."

TALES TO ASTONISH #64

"His limitless strength!"

"One figure strides forth... huge, invincible, with power so great it continually feeds upon itself... The Incredible Hulk!"

TALES TO ASTONISH #93

"But, such is the power of the incredible Gamma Rays that created him--the more the Hulk exerts himself, the stronger he becomes!"

TALES TO ASTONISH #97

"Limitless strength!!"

"And as all true Hulkophiles know full well -- the longer he fights, the madder he gets!"

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #112

"The Hulk cannot tire! The more he fights--the stronger he becomes!"

"Though the Incredible Hulk is subjected to deadly forces beyond mortal description, still does the indescribable Gamma Ray Energy within his massive frame continue to sustain him -- still does his mighty heart beat on, as his all-consuming rage increases with every passing second!"

"An incalculable will to live!"

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #141

"As the Hulk gets angrier--he becomes stronger--Stronger--EVER STRONGER!"

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #197

"His Emerald Anger is Positively Boundless!"

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #198

"The Hulk's rage is almost all-consuming... for the madder Hulk gets--the stronger Hulk gets... and his Rage--and his Power--are Boundless!"

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #201

"The Hulk strains mightily--his boundless rage growing with every instant!"

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #217

"Impossibly powerful!"

"Boundless fury!"

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #225

"Unfortunately, he has failed to recall a fairly well-known fact: the madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets! And when it comes to anger, the Hulk knows no limits!"

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #227

"The poor beast is like a small child who has been given unlimited power."

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #228

"There truly seems to be no limit to the Hulk's strength!"

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #242

"A Strength bordering on the Mythic --pulling, straining with every iota of his strength -- becoming madder and madder, his strength building with his anger, as he tugs against a device built to withstand the power of Gods! But this is the power of the Hulk! And ultimately, there is no force stronger than the Hulk!"

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #250

"The raging, rampaging Hulk! A creature whose strength--increases geometrically as his awesome anger grows!"

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #260

"The Mightiest Muscles of any Living Being!"

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #295

"The Hulk is an incalculably powerful being!"

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #316

"There is no limit to his rage!"

TALES TO ASTONISH #73

"There is no way to measure his strength! There is nothing he cannot do!"

"The strongest body ever known!"

TALES TO ASTONISH #78

"He's a veritable blast furnace of limitless organic energy! There is no way to even measure his strength!"

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #237

"His power is beyond the limits of imagination!"

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #238

"Of all our test cases, the Hulk still remains the mightiest subject. Indeed! There truly seems to be no limit to his Gamma-spawned power!"

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #260

"But, even as the Green Goliath's strength is Incalculable, so too are his recuperative powers!"

Here is a link to another Respect Hulk Thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t571911.html

#58 Posted by Sinfulplayerx (193 posts) - - Show Bio

.....that was awesome! Haters still won't get it thou and they never will. So let's put it this way. To the Hulk Haters out there who are reading this (which I don't get....if you hate Hulk then why do you read the Hulk Forum section). "Leave us Hulk people alone" or we will "Smash" you.

#59 Posted by Sinfulplayerx (193 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sinfulplayerx said:

I like this picture! Where did you get it from?

#61 Posted by Sinfulplayerx (193 posts) - - Show Bio

I made it from like 9 or 11 pics

#62 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sinfulplayerx said:

I made it from like 9 or 11 pics

Alright

#63 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Finely ! i finished this respect thread !!!!!!!! after a long time , i finely plunged as much feats as i could! this is my ultimate hulk Feats Archive ! and now...my next destination.....is grey hulk.....and probably daken.......

#64 Posted by Lvenger (19350 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing. Simply amazing. A legendary feat to say the least. Many congratulations on this!

#65 Edited by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

I was gonna post the Nat Grey pic but I see you found it.

Great job, Acid, as always!

#66 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice as always!

#67 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@asIsuspected said:

Nice as always!

#68 Posted by Sinfulplayerx (193 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the best dam "Respect The Hulk" forum post that I ever read! It took me days to reread the whole dam thing again to make sure I didn't miss anything tweaked or newly added. So many favorite moments in here. Thank you AcidSkull. So much appreciated. This is why the Hulk is truly "Incredible", "Indestructible", and "The Strongest There Is".... period. ;)

#69 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sinfulplayerx said:

This is the best dam "Respect The Hulk" forum post that I ever read! It took me days to reread the whole dam thing again to make sure I didn't miss anything tweaked or newly added. So many favorite moments in here. Thank you AcidSkull. So much appreciated. This is why the Hulk is truly "Incredible", "Indestructible", and "The Strongest There Is".... period. ;)

i can't thank you enough for your words, i am very very happy :D

#70 Posted by Lvenger (19350 posts) - - Show Bio

Now for the official seal of Hulk approval Ruffalo style

#71 Posted by Strider92 (16290 posts) - - Show Bio

#72 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92:

again , i am very very very grateful for your comment , this thread took me like 3 weeks, it's my flesh and blood....ok that was a little to far but youz get the point :D, and again thank you friend :D

#73 Posted by Strider92 (16290 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: I can see the amount of time that must have taken. I feel more educated on Hulk now (stupid comic I ordered still hasn't arrived yet -.-).

#74 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@TheAcidSkull: I can see the amount of time that must have taken. I feel more educated on Hulk now (stupid comic I ordered still hasn't arrived yet -.-).

that was my intention :D, and are you talking about indestructible HULK?

#75 Posted by Strider92 (16290 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Yep. Stupid French postal strikes.....

#76 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: You'll like indestructible hulk, you seem to like science related stiff :D

#77 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Update form indestructible Hulk #2.

#78 Edited by boostergold321 (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Indestructible Hulk #3 is coming out soon....

#79 Posted by TheLeader (70 posts) - - Show Bio

very impressive my friend!

#80 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

update about Hyperion Vs Hulk.

will add indestructible hulk 3 soon.

#81 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

How long did this take? It is pure genius.

#82 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@broo1232 said:

How long did this take? It is pure genius.

Thank you ^__^

this took me, a very very very long time XD

#83 Edited by boostergold321 (301 posts) - - Show Bio

In discussing characters, especially characters like Hulk, I find myself always having to:

1. Describe the characters's power-set; the origin of their superpower and how it works.

2. Describe and provide in-comic evidence of power levels.

3. Review the three basics laws of motion and how they apply to characters and superpowers.

4. List and display the character's remarkable feats of their own power/abilities.

http://drsordid.blogspot.com/2008/01/mwom-coming-of-hulk.html

http://nerdshavenothingbettertodo.wordpress.com/2012/05/01/anger-management-the-horror-in-hulk/

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/21890/is-the-red-hulks-radiation-intense-enough-to-harm-people

http://www.reading-room.net/

http://sacomics.blogspot.com/2010/10/hulk-102-107.html

http://comicbookcurios.blogspot.com/2011_05_01_archive.html

http://www.bloggedandboarded.com/2010_06_01_archive.html

http://www.leaderslair.com/noexcuses/hulk001.html

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/cgi-bin/mt512/mt-search.cgi?IncludeBlogs=3&tag=Hulk&limit=2000&Template=chronocomic

http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/2008/you-wouldnt-like-him-when-hes-angry-propaganda-gets-gamma-irradiated/

http://www.hulklibrary.com/superhero-library/incredible-hulk/upcoming-incredible-hulk-comics.aspx

http://kandouerik.blogspot.com/2011_02_01_archive.html

http://bronzeagebabies.blogspot.com/2011/12/stepbrothers-fantastic-four-25.html

Here Hulk dashing into combat against Mad thinker's robot-drones:

Here's Hulk overwhelming a quantum molder designed by Ultron to liquify and mold adamantium. During the fight Mad thinker, through mathematical formula, shows us once again what is already known to many, that Hulk's strength is incalculable in Indestructible Hulk #1:

#84 Edited by GreenScar1990 (559 posts) - - Show Bio

You should collect the Marvel Masterworks and Essential Incredible Hulk volumes. There's lots of cool feats and stories in them. And the name of the world-breaker in Avengers #8 is Starbrand. And from what I researched about beings that've become Starbrand, their power exceeds that of even Sky-Fathers.

And don't forget to add the feat of Hulk penetrating/pushing through the Kophin's impenetrable mystical flesh from Indestructible Hulk #5 with pure strength alone. :)

#85 Edited by GypRosetti (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Apologies if these have already been posted.

Hulk Tanks Phasing Fear Itself Hulk v Dracula #2
Hulk Breaks Adamantium Fear Itself Hulk v Dracula #3 001
Hulk Breaks Adamantium Fear Itself Hulk v Dracula #3 002
Hulk Breaks Magically Impenetrable Hide (Indestructible Hulk 005) 001
Hulk Breaks Magically Impenetrable Hide (Indestructible Hulk 005) 002
Hulk Breaks Magically Impenetrable Hide (Indestructible Hulk 005) 003
Hulk Takes Nuke (Incredible Hulk 6) 001
Hulk Takes Nuke (Incredible Hulk 6) 002
Hulk Takes Nuke (Incredible Hulk 6) 003

Also I want to clear up a couple of misconceptions. Gladiator was not weakened when he fought Hulk in Hulk Annual 1997. He was weakened during the fight when Hulk threw him into a reactor core. Hulk/Nul beat the tar out of Thor in Feat Itself. Thor BFR'ed Hulk but he was still conscious. Thor took a couple of steps and collapsed. Odin had to save his life. I don't understand how that's a win for the Hulk! Even thought Hickman's Avengers sucks, Hulk beat Thor in issue 1 but we only saw one panel.

I hope people find the phasing scan useful for dealing with The Flash Trolls (TFT) and the Adamantium feat should finally end any Wolverine v Hulk battles.

#86 Edited by Lvenger (19350 posts) - - Show Bio

@gyprosetti: Couple of misconceptions in that post

1. I and other users on the Vine would appreciate it if you didn't refer to the Flash fans or debaters who know about Wally as 'Flash trolls' otherwise we could call you a Hulk troll all the same. And your little Hulk disrupting an intangible foe feat is a Nul one so it's all too easy to point out that Hulk could only achieve this feat as Nul, not as regular Hulk. Unless you have scans of an ordinary version of Hulk disrupting vibrational foes, then your point is void. Before you try and come back at me with the claim that Hulk wasn't using any Nul powers, all the of the rest of the 'Worthy' were clearly amped by their hammers. And Hulk is no different. So sorry but your scan does little to deal with the 'Flash trolls' as you call them.

2. The Nul feat doesn't really have any bearing on a Hulk victory because he was amped by one of the Serpant's hammers.

3. Hulk never beat Thor in Hickman's Avengers 1. That's flat out incorrect. What happened is we see Hulk on the floor unconscious whilst Thor is taken out by another character with Mjolnir by the Hulk. It's implied that Hulk was defeated but Hickman's official word is that Hulk was taking a nap or was not being controlled at the time by the other female character on Mars.

#87 Posted by Doomnaut (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is my favorite comic character.

#88 Edited by Fifthchild (599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

3. Hulk never beat Thor in Hickman's Avengers 1. That's flat out incorrect. What happened is we see Hulk on the floor unconscious whilst Thor is taken out by another character with Mjolnir by the Hulk. It's implied that Hulk was defeated but Hickman's official word is that Hulk was taking a nap or was not being controlled at the time by the other female character on Mars.

Its pretty clear that Hulk knocked Thor out with his blindside attack. The next panel Cap tells the others "You think you've won dont you. well you havent. Not while I'm still standing." Thats a pretty clear indication that Cap is the only one still standing on the Avengers side.

Theres nothing else seen of Thor being taken out by another character nor an indication that Hulk was defeated. Given that several days passed between the Avengers arrival/defeat and the return of Caps new team it makes perfect sense that Hulk might be sleeping in the meantime. At any rate by far the simplest interpretation of events IMO (one that doesnt necessitate elaborate off-panel scenes that weren't hinted at in the book) is that Thor was defeated in that scene.

#89 Edited by Lvenger (19350 posts) - - Show Bio

@fifthchild said:

@lvenger said:

Its pretty clear that Hulk knocked Thor out with his blindside attack. The next panel Cap tells the others "You think you've won dont you. well you havent. Not while I'm still standing." Thats a pretty clear indication that Cap is the only one still standing on the Avengers side.

Theres nothing else seen of Thor being taken out by another character nor an indication that Hulk was defeated. Given that several days passed between the Avengers arrival/defeat and the return of Caps new team it makes perfect sense that Hulk might be sleeping in the meantime. At any rate by far the simplest interpretation of events IMO (one that doesnt necessitate elaborate off-panel scenes that weren't hinted at in the book) is that Thor was defeated in that scene.

Sorry but that's not what happens in the issue. See you're just basing your comment on this one image

whilst the picture below this comment supports my point. Notice Thor not being taken down by the Hulk with the Hulk already unconscious with Mjolnir next to the Hulk. So yeah checkmate there. It's not clear as to whether Hulk took down Thor since the fight took place off panel as is the case with most decisive comic book match ups. Plus Hickman hasn't confirmed what actually happened so we're all still in the dark.

#90 Posted by Lvenger (19350 posts) - - Show Bio

#91 Posted by Fifthchild (599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@fifthchild said:

@lvenger said:

Sorry but that's not what happens in the issue. See you're just basing your comment on this one image

whilst the picture below this comment supports my point. Notice Thor not being taken down by the Hulk with the Hulk already unconscious with Mjolnir next to the Hulk. So yeah checkmate there. It's not clear as to whether Hulk took down Thor since the fight took place off panel as is the case with most decisive comic book match ups. Plus Hickman hasn't confirmed what actually happened so we're all still in the dark.

You are being somewhat absurd. You really think I havent seen both pages and indeed the whole issue and indeed the whole arc? You say the second image shows Thor "not being taken down by the Hulk with the Hulk already unconscious" as if it shows Thor still fighting on after his battle with the Hulk. But the picture shows Thor trussed up in the vines obviously because he's previously been defeated. A picture that shows a defeated, captured Thor does not equate to evidence that Thor was not defeated by the Hulk. The picture also clearly shows that its three days later which make Hickman's comments that he has in fact given on the scene - that Hulk was sleeping - pretty plausible. Not to mention that Thor fans have complained to him on Formspring about him writing Hulk one-shotting Thor and he didnt contradict them.

Now one can try to imagine that there was some epic struggle offscreen that the comic book failed to even hint at for whatever reason, which ended with Thor actually being defeated by...that robot or something...or you can go with the simplest, least convoluted interpretation of events:

Avengers arrive on planet. Hulk is quickly absorbed by the black sphere. Iron Man is quickly depowered and captured by the vines. Hawkeye and Black Widow are quickly defeated by Alpha. Thor is quickly defeated by the mind controlled Hulk. Notice a pattern here? And again Cap's speech makes a hell of a lot more sense in the context of Thor and everyone else having just been defeated rather than taking place against the backdrop of an ongoing struggle that Thor eventually wins.

Since we are using scans from the issue here are a few more - you are basically hypothesizing that there is a pitched Hulk/Thor battle going on offscreen during this sequence:

At the end of the day you are free to interpret things however you please. But its pretty clear what Hickman and Opena intended. And the "Thor defeated the Hulk offscreen" argument makes zero sense IMO in the context of everything else we see in that issue.

#92 Posted by GreenScar1990 (559 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger Please, there wasn't anything that Nul-Hulk did that an very enraged Savage Hulk couldn't have accomplished. I've got the feats to prove it. Nul-Hulk just used the hammer to smash. Now I agree that Nul-Hulk is stronger than a calm Hulk, but as far as being amped, if he was it wasn't to that great of a degree based on what he did as Nul-Hulk. In fact, while it may be true that most of the Worthy slightly amped physically by their transformations, its arguable that the hammers was where the power lied, not the Worthy themselves.

After all, Thor's hammer Mjolnir still bursted through Angrir-Thing as it would normally would if he were regular Thing prior to obtaining the hammer. Not to mention that Red Hulk's blows really hurt Angrir-Thing, the only edge being that Angrir-Thing had a powerful mystical weapon aka the hammer/Breaker of Souls in his possession. It was also stated in Jef Parker's Red Hulk Fear Itself tie-ins that if Red Hulk had used his energy absorbing powers, he would have prevailed over Angrir-Thing but did not for fear of being unable to turn back into Ross again.

#93 Posted by Lvenger (19350 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger Please, there wasn't anything that Nul-Hulk did that an very enraged Savage Hulk couldn't have accomplished. I've got the feats to prove it. Nul-Hulk just used the hammer to smash. Now I agree that Nul-Hulk is stronger than a calm Hulk, but as far as being amped, if he was it wasn't to that great of a degree based on what he did as Nul-Hulk. In fact, while it may be true that most of the Worthy slightly amped physically by their transformations, its arguable that the hammers was where the power lied, not the Worthy themselves.

Oh by all means show me how I'm wrong. Because I've looked through this detailed, comprehensive respect thread by TheAcidSkull and I haven't seen one single showing of Hulk disrupting an intangible foe except when he was Nul. But by all means if you somehow know something the OP, one of the best Hulk experts I know doesn't, prove me wrong. And bear in mind that the Hammers amped everyone. Attuma went from a 40 tonner to being able to stomp Namor and the Defenders easily. Juggernaut was barely affected by anything the X-Men threw at him, even a TP assault and BFRing which were tactics that have worked in the past against an ordinary Juggernaut. The Grey Gargoyle turned everyone in Paris into statues and defeated Iron Man. So tell me, how does Hulk's tagging an intangible foe not have anything to do with the massive hammer he had on him?

After all, Thor's hammer Mjolnir still bursted through Angrir-Thing as it would normally would if he were regular Thing prior to obtaining the hammer. Not to mention that Red Hulk's blows really hurt Angrir-Thing, the only edge being that Angrir-Thing had a powerful mystical weapon aka the hammer/Breaker of Souls in his possession. It was also stated in Jef Parker's Red Hulk Fear Itself tie-ins that if Red Hulk had used his energy absorbing powers, he would have prevailed over Angrir-Thing but did not for fear of being unable to turn back into Ross again.

Mjolnir is a far more durable weapon than Angrir. And Thor can summon it back any time he wishes so clearly a hammer through the chest is going to leave a massive hole in Angrir's chest. Can't find the scans of Rulk vs Angrir so I'll have to take your word for it and Parker's too. However, given that the Thing would have been no match for Rulk even on his best day, it's very apparent that his amp as Angrir would have had a big effect on the outcome of the fight.

#95 Posted by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

Density-shifting makes it easier to pass through things but when met with a certain amount of inertia from another object, It impossible to pass through without doing harm.

It becomes a battle between the density-shifter and resistance force of the object he's trying to pass through. The density-shifter must overcome the object's resistance force with a force of their own or be crushed . Whoever has the greater force wins and whoever has the lesser force is crushed.

Density shifting has its limits. Nothing is competely untouchable.

Can things be made Harder to touch? Yes! Impossible to touch? Certainly not!

Examples:

in Avengers #165-66 and incredible Hulk #300:

#96 Posted by Lvenger (19350 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

Density-shifting makes it easier to pass through things but when met with a certain amount of inertia from another object, It impossible to pass through without doing harm.

It becomes a battle between the density-shifter and resistance force of the object he's trying to pass through. The density-shifter must overcome the object's resistance force with a force of their own or be crushed . Whoever has the greater force wins and whoever has the lesser force is crushed.

Density shifting has its limits. Nothing is competely untouchable.

Can things be made Harder to touch? Yes! Impossible to touch? Certainly not!

Examples:

in Avengers #165-66 and incredible Hulk #300:

I'm confused. How exactly do these scans this prove that Hulk can tag intangible foes when he doesn't have a hammer amping his abilities? In the second scan, Vision's being trapped in the Hulk's body has more to do with the gamma radiation empowering Hulk on a molecular level trapping Vision in the Hulk's body. And if you actually read the first scan rather than just post it, you'd see that Nefaria said "However apparently my transformed body is too charged with super energy for your ghostly form to pass through" and then hits Vision because of the equal reaction of Vision's failing to pass through Nefaria. None of which proves Hulk can tag an intangible foe without being Nul which was my point. And it's still standing unfortunately. Thus, Hulk cannot tag an intangible foe without being Nul clearly.

#98 Posted by Lvenger (19350 posts) - - Show Bio

#

@lvenger: Oh, and I guess I'm not a Hulk expert? Well, I've got news for you. I have read as many and have as many, if not more knowledge/comics, regarding the Hulk than @theacidskull. And as for my proof regarding Angrir-Thing and Red Hulk? Got the videos, but I suggest reading the comics too!

Hulk 37-38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXpDvcjK1Uc&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EvlVK7PPZk&feature=player_detailpage

Really? Your debating knowledge seems to show a lack of actual Hulk knowledge of the context at hand. And the main point I was asking you is this. Show me scans that prove Hulk can tag intangible foes without a hammer from the Serpant to do so. That was what I was asking you. All you've done is answer something that didn't need answering. I've bolded it here so it's nice and clear for you to see. I wasn't contesting that most versions of the Hulk couldn't achieve the same level of destruction Nul could. I was asking whether Hulk has ever tagged an intangible foe when he wasn't Nul.

#99 Edited by GreenScar1990 (559 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: You wanted proof with Angrir-Thing and Red Hulk. I gave you videos and the issues labeled.

And technically speaking, the vampire that Nul-Hulk extinguished with his breath was not intangible but merely turned in a vaporus mist to which the vampire used escape bodily harm. Would that really count as truly intangible? That's debateable.

And also for your information, TheAcidSkull got quite a bit of information from a certain Hulk Respect Thread that I gave the link for him to find. I've got thousands of comics, including all these listed on this respect thread and more. I have them all in comics, TPB, HC form. Now I'm not saying that he is or isn't as well-informed as I am in regards to the Hulk. But discrediting what I know about the Green Goliath, whom I've been collecting everything for many years? Not cool.

And if you want Hulk grasping something intangible in nature, what about in World War Hulk #4 where he managed to crush Dr. Strange's hands when he entered Hulk's mind, something that he shouldn't have been able to do. Does that count in your book?

#100 Posted by Lvenger (19350 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenscar1990: It's one thing to possess knowledge but applying it in a relevant situation is another different skill entirely. And I'm looking through my copy of that issue now and I find only Strange fighting WWH possessed by Zom. There's a mention of Hulk crushing Strange's hands but either it doesn't happen in that specific issue or you're mistaken that it happened on panel. Or he crushed his hands outside of his mind. One of those is pretty likely.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.