Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7768 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Q: When did Hulk lose his "Professor Hulk" persona?

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know this may be a stupid question but I remember when Gray, Savage & Bruce fused to become Pro.Hulk & he remained this way for much of the 90's. My question is when did he if he ever did lose this persona & go back to being generic "Hulk Smash". One Theory I had was that maybe he lost it when Jean separated Hulk & Banner's mind to fight Onslaught but I could be wrong because I remember he becomes normal by the time Planet Hulk & WWHulk comes around.

So did he ever lose this persona and maybe down the line got it back? Just asking

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull Skull, I believe this gentleman has a question for you.

DeathGorath444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: Ohhh! I've heard about that guy, The Gamma man himself!

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By GhostRavage

@deathgorath444: It happened at first in Incredible Hulk #425 when he became so angry he reverted to a Banner in a savagely mental state though, he came back to Professor Hulk although with a more Gravage-like attitude in Incredible Hulk #426.

It happened once again in Incredible Hulk #429 and returned to Professor Hulk in the same issue. FInally in Incredible Hulk #436 he becomes Savage Banner once again and takes a grenade to the face. He survives and turns back to Hulk in the next issue, however, this Hulk isn't officially Professor Hulk, it's Shrapnel Hulk although both names can be used to describe this incarnation. The real difference between these 2 is Hulk's piece of Shrapnel in his head which might have something to do in the way he was acting which was different than Professor Hulk.

To conclude in Marvel Onslaught Universe when Phoenix Jean Grey shut off Banner's influence over Hulk (she actually just weakened Banner's persona, but it was still there) Hulk lost the Professor/Shrapnel Hulk mentality and became a new Hulk, quite similar to Savage Hulk but more... Savage. At the end, the explosion from Onslaughts armor ended in Banner and Hulk being physically separated, forwardly creating Heroes Reborn Savage Hulk which inhabited in Franklin's Pocket Dimension and Bannerless Hulk who inhabited the Earth 616 Universe. -Note that both universes are canon.-

After this, Professor Hulk It's seen between Incredible Hulk #472 to #474 in short appearances. I know it's late, but i hope this helps.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.