Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Planet Hulk/WWH question

Nisk5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Nisk5

Why did Hulk never turn into Banner throughout all of Planet Hulk and World War Hulk? And how did he talk as the Hulk enough to romance Caiera?
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sparda

He actually did briefly turn into Banner a few times in Planet Hulk. When he was letting those aliens feed on himself he reverted to Banner for a sec when Caiera was around, and he fully changed back to Banner and said a few words when the rest of his Warbound was sleeping once.

As to your second question, I have no idea.

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Chaos Agent

plot's needs>continuity and consistency

just a theory though lol

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sparda

I think that maybe the reason he didn't turn back to Banner was because maybe Banner recognized that the only way he was actually going to survive in the environment was to stay as Hulk.  Or Hulk could suppress him somehow.

Actually, you know what, I have no idea. As CA said, plot's needs > consistency.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Sparda said:
    "I think that maybe the reason he didn't turn back to Banner was because maybe Banner recognized that the only way he was actually going to survive in the environment was to stay as Hulk.  Or Hulk could suppress him somehow.  Actually, you know what, I have no idea. As CA said, plot's needs > consistency. "

your on the right track, if you have been reding the recent hulk comics, they are going over that kind right now. They are talking about how everyone else can talk and function just fine was their hulk type alter egoes while banner/ green hulk doesnt. It is bc they embrace their hulk sides as well as their normal sides so they have not problem with it, banner is always trying to repress the hulk inside him so he is using his mental ability to restrain the hulk rather than work with and become a part of him. That is why he could talk and act just fine in WWH and Planet hulk, Banner realized he would not survive if he reverted back to his human form so he willingly became the hulk with full knowledge of what could happen but was willing to take the chance for his survival, thus creating the ultimate hulk.
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sparda
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " @Sparda said:
    "I think that maybe the reason he didn't turn back to Banner was because maybe Banner recognized that the only way he was actually going to survive in the environment was to stay as Hulk.  Or Hulk could suppress him somehow.  Actually, you know what, I have no idea. As CA said, plot's needs > consistency. "
    your on the right track, if you have been reding the recent hulk comics, they are going over that kind right now. They are talking about how everyone else can talk and function just fine was their hulk type alter egoes while banner/ green hulk doesnt. It is bc they embrace their hulk sides as well as their normal sides so they have not problem with it, banner is always trying to repress the hulk inside him so he is using his mental ability to restrain the hulk rather than work with and become a part of him. That is why he could talk and act just fine in WWH and Planet hulk, Banner realized he would not survive if he reverted back to his human form so he willingly became the hulk with full knowledge of what could happen but was willing to take the chance for his survival, thus creating the ultimate hulk. "
    Sweet. Thanks for clearing all that up, dude! I actually haven't been reading the recent Hulk comics, so I wouldn't have know that.
    Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Brit

So@DEGRAAF said:

" @Sparda said:
    your on the right track, if you have been reding the recent hulk comics, they are going over that kind right now. They are talking about how everyone else can talk and function just fine was their hulk type alter egoes while banner/ green hulk doesnt. It is bc they embrace their hulk sides as well as their normal sides so they have not problem with it, banner is always trying to repress the hulk inside him so he is using his mental ability to restrain the hulk rather than work with and become a part of him. That is why he could talk and act just fine in WWH and Planet hulk, Banner realized he would not survive if he reverted back to his human form so he willingly became the hulk with full knowledge of what could happen but was willing to take the chance for his survival, thus creating the ultimate hulk. "
    So what your are saying is that the Hulk in the Planet Hulk and WWH is the Savage Hulk with Banner's consciousness dominant in the Hulk's mind? Who is the Green Scar?
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Brit said:
    "So @DEGRAAF said:
    " @Sparda said:
    So what your are saying is that the Hulk in the Planet Hulk and WWH is the Savage Hulk with Banner's consciousness dominant in the Hulk's mind? Who is the Green Scar? "

im saying green scar is the perfect combination of banner and the hulk, Fully functioning. your basically right, total hulk with banners mind controlling it completely. 

WWH is basically that same perfect merger of the two (banner and hulk) but totally pissed off with nothing else to live for. ( i would almost state as being the hulk of hulk beings) 

example: 
    humans =1%
    hulk =50%-85% 
    all other people in their hulk forms= 100% ------------------------------------ bc they accept their hulk forms and willingly transform in to them
    Green Scar= 100%-------------------------------------------------------------------- bc he accepts the hulk form and willingly transforms in to him 
    WWH=200%---------------------------------------------------------------------------- if the hulk form was considered the base number (human) this would be their hulk. still perfect merger and really pissed, almost like evolving to another level of anger 

this is just an example and not real numbers, this is just my best way of describing it other than how i did before
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

Hulk's personality evolves to match his environment, as well as his emotional state. As has been said, Banner had no choice but to be the Hulk while he was on Sakaar; as a human he would have died within seconds of being on the planet. Therefore, his two personalities basically merged, both being aware of the other but cooperating for the sake of survival. That's why sometimes he referred to himself in the third person, other times not. That's also why both sides fell in love with Ciaera, and Bruce more-or-less relinquished control after he was crowned the Green King, allowing both himself and Hulk to be at peace.

Of course Miek came along and screwed THAT up, but you know...

Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Brit

Alright!! So that means Bruce and the Hulk came to an agreement for their survival. The Savage Hulk allowed Bruce's consciousness to take over.  When did that happened? After crash landing onto Sakaar?

glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By glforthewin

was he banner in his mind when Doc  strange did the mindfreak on him?

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

It wasn't just him and Savage Hulk, It was kinda like the Professor Hulk, It was Grey's Cunning (and personality) mixed with what he learned on Sakar, Savage Hulk's Strength plus being on Sakar increased his strength level and being a gladiator made him smarter, all of that mixed with Banner's Control and Acceptance created the Green Scar

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " @Brit said:
    "So @DEGRAAF said:
    " @Sparda said:
    So what your are saying is that the Hulk in the Planet Hulk and WWH is the Savage Hulk with Banner's consciousness dominant in the Hulk's mind? Who is the Green Scar? "
    im saying green scar is the perfect combination of banner and the hulk, Fully functioning. your basically right, total hulk with banners mind controlling it completely.  WWH is basically that same perfect merger of the two (banner and hulk) but totally pissed off with nothing else to live for. ( i would almost state as being the hulk of hulk beings)  example: humans =1%hulk =50%-85% all other people in their hulk forms= 100% ------------------------------------ bc they accept their hulk forms and willingly transform in to themGreen Scar= 100%-------------------------------------------------------------------- bc he accepts the hulk form and willingly transforms in to him WWH=200%---------------------------------------------------------------------------- if the hulk form was considered the base number (human) this would be their hulk. still perfect merger and really pissed, almost like evolving to another level of anger  this is just an example and not real numbers, this is just my best way of describing it other than how i did before "
    One thing you might not understand DEGRAAF is that there is no hulk side for any of them, Bruce banner has multiple Personalities so he doesn't accept them, Grey hulk is the Teenager Banner Never allowed himself to be. Savage is what happened when Bruce witnessed his mothers death and those are the Core personalities. So that's his "Hulk Side(s)". For the other people it was maybe they got cockier or more agressive but they never completely changed
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Venom-Hulker_1 said:
    " @DEGRAAF said:
    " @Brit said:
    "So @DEGRAAF said:
    " @Sparda said:
    im saying green scar is the perfect combination of banner and the hulk, Fully functioning. your basically right, total hulk with banners mind controlling it completely.  WWH is basically that same perfect merger of the two (banner and hulk) but totally pissed off with nothing else to live for. ( i would almost state as being the hulk of hulk beings)  example: humans =1%hulk =50%-85% all other people in their hulk forms= 100% ------------------------------------ bc they accept their hulk forms and willingly transform in to themGreen Scar= 100%-------------------------------------------------------------------- bc he accepts the hulk form and willingly transforms in to him WWH=200%---------------------------------------------------------------------------- if the hulk form was considered the base number (human) this would be their hulk. still perfect merger and really pissed, almost like evolving to another level of anger  this is just an example and not real numbers, this is just my best way of describing it other than how i did before "
    One thing you might not understand DEGRAAF is that there is no hulk side for any of them, Bruce banner has multiple Personalities so he doesn't accept them, Grey hulk is the Teenager Banner Never allowed himself to be. Savage is what happened when Bruce witnessed his mothers death and those are the Core personalities. So that's his "Hulk Side(s)". For the other people it was maybe they got cockier or more agressive but they never completely changed "

my anology might not be dead on but that is how they explain it in the current comics. They state that the reason why all the others function so well compared to the hulk is bc they accept that side of them selves.
    TheFNman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheFNman

He turned into Banner a few times in Planet Hulk, in WWH he never changed back because he was constantly at war. Then Jeph Loeb came along and took a big dump on the best version of the Hulk in years. As for the reason the "Red's" can control themselves and the can't. Hulk/Banner has 100's of different Hulks he can turn into, Paul Jenkins explored this in his run on the Hulk (Vol. 2).  I can only hope Jeph Loeb goes back to DC tommorrow so he is not involved in the World War Hulks, becuase he destroyed my favorite character. I am looking forward to reading Incredible Hulk 601+ by Pak. I only made 4 issues of Loebs "New Hulk" restart.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.