Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

ORIGINAL RULK ART : HULK Issue # 1, Page # 22

RedHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

Edited By RedHulk

This is more about history than it is art.

Some time ago, I was able to obtain the original art of the last page of HULK Issue #1.   Penciled by my favorite Hulk artist Ed McGuinness and inked by Dexter Vines on official Marvel 11 x 17 comic board, this is the page that revealed to the world that the fiendish new Red Hulk with devilish yellow eyes was not Bruce Banner... but someone else entirely.

Artistically speaking, it's not a stunning piece of work.   The scene is quite basic where Banner sits on a cell bed as the glare of General Ross and Leonard Samson (drawn separately, then overlaid via a computer graphics program) can be seen staring at Bruce through the prison security glass.   The page is of course, certainly well drawn, but not a work to be considered by many as a full "gallery piece".

Historically speaking though, this page has importance...   and in terms of the ever expanding Red Hulk legacy, it can't get much better than a final splash page of a #1 book.   Check it out! 

Original Art : HULK Issue #1 Page #22
    Original Art : HULK Issue #1 Page #22

Bruce in Captivity
    Bruce in Captivity

-A.J.  

A general falls. A red monster rises. Stay tuned.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By xerox_kitty

It might not be spandex & super-powers...but that's a really beautifully drawn page! I hope you didn't have to pay a lot for it, I know splash pages can be quite expensive. And it's really interesting to see it compared to the final product with the ghostly overly-lays.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing :D

RedHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RedHulk

@xerox-kitty said:

It might not be spandex & super-powers...but that's a really beautifully drawn page! I hope you didn't have to pay a lot for it, I know splash pages can be quite expensive. And it's really interesting to see it compared to the final product with the ghostly overly-lays.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing :D

Thanks for the good words.  It wasn't expensive at all.  It was a crazy steal.  I got it for less than some of the Hulk #1 9.8 CGC variants are going for these days! 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.