OK. What Did I Miss?

#1 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read most(not all) of Hulks Ultimate Appearances, and while he wasn't Sane to begin with, he was never a psychotic killer either. To me This, seems out of character, completely:

.So would somebody explain to me how banner went from " feeling guilty for his sins" to "F*CK YOU GUYS, I'll KILL ALL OF YOU!"

i need an explanation.

#2 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

*shrugs*

Don't really remember what happened before this issue, I haven't been following Ultimates in a while. Maybe the Gauntlet corrupted the Hulk?

Last I checked, Ultimate Hulk wasn't exactly guilty. He was like...chilling in a monastery or something. He managed to gain his intelligence when he was calm, but the moment he started fighting, he would go back to dumb Hulk. Last I remember Hulk was when SHIELD sent him to blow up the City.

#3 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

*shrugs*

Don't really remember what happened before this issue, I haven't been following Ultimates in a while. Maybe the Gauntlet corrupted the Hulk?

Last I checked, Ultimate Hulk wasn't exactly guilty. He was like...chilling in a monastery or something. He managed to gain his intelligence when he was calm, but the moment he started fighting, he would go back to dumb Hulk. Last I remember Hulk was when SHIELD sent him to blow up the City.

Well Hulk was always a killer but Banner was more disturbing than Psychotic :P

#4 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

*shrugs*

Banner had an inferiority complex.....Ultimate Hulk was pretty psychotic though. Cannibalism, mass-murder, implied rapist.....

#5 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@theacidskull said:

@veshark said:

*shrugs*

Banner had an inferiority complex.....Ultimate Hulk was pretty psychotic though. Cannibalism, mass-murder, implied rapist.....

yeah, I know HULK was a REAL monster, but here banner is in control, and he's not the monster, thats what i don't get

#6 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (34017 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: a deranged person + infinite power of the gauntlet = bad news for everybody

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: a deranged person + infinite power of the gauntlet = bad news for everybody

Ultimate banner was far from deranged, thats what i don't get

#8 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't been keeping up, but from what I understand, they've been abusing him as Hulk (constantly keeping Banner snuffed while controlling the Hulk). Again, I haven't been keeping up, that is just what I think from what was given to me.

#9 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@theacidskull said:

@veshark said:

*shrugs*

yeah, I know HULK was a REAL monster, but here banner is in control, and he's not the monster, thats what i don't get

I don't know if this is Banner in control or if Hulk is just venting Banner's insecurities (which he has before). Again, like I said, it could just be the Gauntlet affecting him with all the power.

#10 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@theacidskull said:

@veshark said:

@theacidskull said:

@veshark said:

*shrugs*

I don't know if this is Banner in control or if Hulk is just venting Banner's insecurities (which he has before). Again, like I said, it could just be the Gauntlet affecting him with all the power.

I'd agree with you but a lot of people have been acting out of character :/

#11 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@theacidskull said:

@veshark said:

@theacidskull said:

@veshark said:

*shrugs*

I'd agree with you but a lot of people have been acting out of character :/

*Shrugs* Characters have been acting weird in the Ultimates since Hickman left.

Honestly, when Hickman dropped Ultimates, I left the UU for good. Nothing in the universe interests me anymore, it feels like it's dying a slow death.

#12 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Caps a crazy Jerk

Banners a Crazy killer and so one.

The Ultimate Universe IS dead :(

#13 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11612 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce is a psychopath...and boom I'm uninterested in the Ultimate Universe Hulk

#14 Posted by Verotikryptonite (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea? They really screwed the Ultimate line drastically. And lets be honest the Ultimate line really sucks. Ultimate Peter Parker killed off in the name of affirmative action!

#15 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, all because a writer wanted to do something "DIFFERENT AND EDGY"

-_____- f*ck

#16 Posted by Verotikryptonite (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's not forget the artwork is detestable. Everything about the ultimates that was enjoyable has been destroyed. I remember Banner's first transformation when the Hulk went on the cannibal rampage. When Banner came to his senses he was remorseful and tortured over his actions. And through the course of Ultimatum and the alien war with the Chitauri he was a hero. Whats happening now is very out of character for him. The young Reed Richards of the Ultimate line had so much promise and the creative teams obliterated any chance of seeing that promise come to fruition. And the way Peter Parker was killed off just to cliche a minority SM is just disgusting imo. And I'm hispanic BTW

#17 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

wasnt Ultimate hulk the one going around nomming on folks?

#18 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11612 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360: *sigh* Yep

@thatguywithheadphones said:

-_____- f*ckiu

Wow I hate that Different and Edgy thing and Banner character is supposed to be Stoic an adaptive and it works so beautifully to ruin that is...ughh.

#19 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360: *sigh* Yep

@theacidskull said:

@thatguywithheadphones said:

-_____- f*ckiu

Wow I hate that Different and Edgy thing and Banner character is supposed to be Stoic an adaptive and it works so beautifully to ruin that is...ughh.

At least it's the utlimate Version , not the you know, original one.

#20 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.