Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Off My Mind: Is Hulk The Strongest There Is?

bayushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By bayushi
    @slacker the hacker: Any argument about anyone else being stronger than the Hulk are superfluous! Hulk is the Strongest! ;) 
    Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Dro

Superman moving planets isn't a feat of strength, because it's not an example of physical exertion. He's using flight, not strength, to move the planet, because the only "force" he's fighting against is inertia. He's not technically "lifting" anything, so it doesn't count as strength. Heck, even I move the planet every time I jump in the air.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By Meteorite

Just throwing this out there, Hulk: Future Imperfect was amazing!

CaliComicFeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By CaliComicFeen

THANOS always handles Hulk...one exception being    Marvel Zombies but who counts that?

CaliComicFeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By CaliComicFeen
    @jayskee:
    How so? Doomsday has already been beat to death so thats out and unless Hulk has some kinda time traveling device then Hulk is out of options in ways he could defeat Doomsday.
    zoist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By zoist

I love the Hulk. 

RLAAMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By RLAAMJR

Hulk can lift one hundred and fifty billion tons???!!! Wow! I might agree that he's the strongest, but Storm's winds are stronger than Hulk's strength.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#108  Edited By IrishX

@Mainline said:

" So, Hulk is the strongest there is... because Hulk is the strongest there is. "

This sums it up perfectly.  
    The Sadhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By The Sadhu

I would agree that he is the strongest there is... but I would like to see him go toe-to-toe with Blue Marvel!
    Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By DEADPOOL

"Also, what would Silver Surfer be without the Power Cosmic ?"

What would Hulk be without radiation? 

Juggernaut overpowered Hulk. 

And in that last panel, looks like Hulk was attacking Hercules who wasn't there to fight.

wallywest55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By wallywest55

the strongest there is def. not. And what is Silver surfer without power cosmic is unfair. Bc What is hulk without rage? Reguardless hulk is powerful no doubt about that. Strongest in marvel not going to doubt that. But once u come into DC's territory thats a completely different ball game. =)

DarkSyde79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By DarkSyde79

Hulk is the physically strongest there is because he not only has greatest strength off break, his has near limitless ability to grow stronger because the fact his strength is connected to his anger. As far as raw power though, I'm sure there are other characters who're stronger and with their control of cosmic, psonic and other energies. 

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By spidey 15

No he is not. He has not beaten Juggernaut. Juggernaut was winning but when Prof X took his attention, Hulk manage to BFR juggs because otherwise he could not beat him. 
    Also silver surfer was depowered when he faced Hulk and Hulk was still unable to cause any great damage. So, NO, he is not the strongest one there is. 
    =]

CaliComicFeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By CaliComicFeen

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By difficlus

Silver Surfer is stronger! The disc cut of his supply to the power cosmic entirely, this was silver surfer without the power cosmic fighting WWH...and he still had the physical strength to almost kill him. G-Man saying it was only used to stop him form escaping is an understatement. He was cut off from using the power cosmic at all...so no strength amps or anything.  
    Plus silver surfer without power cosmic? 
    come on thats like Hulk without radiation or superman without yellow sunlight in his cells...give me a break...

Avatar image for noobasaurus_rex
    Noobasaurus_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Noobasaurus_Rex

Based on feats? Definitely.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Silver2467

Thor is stronger. Beta Ray Bill is stronger. Juggernaut is stronger. Thanos is stronger. Blue Marvel is stronger. Multiple DC heavyweights are stronger. Why? They have superior feats. Why else? Hulk consistently gets wrecked by Iron Man.     

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By SC  Moderator

No Hulk is definitely not the strongest. Its his calling card though, but yeah, actually no one is the strongest, really. Such discussions usually involved a deep oversimplification of definitions and actions.  

No one could even really offer a strong candidate for the strongest human that has ever lived without much disagreement, and in real life, we actually have an easier job gauging and measuring strength objectively. In a fictional universe where guys like Sentry, Thor, Silver Surfer, Blue Marvel, Wonderman, Captain America, Hulk, Juggernaut, Thanos, Kurse, Lockjaw, Hercules, strength is incalculable and prone to fluctuating? Fergetboutit.  

Plus we have actually had many credible writers gone on their record with naming characters they believe to be stronger than Hulk. I know Juggernaut is one such character and Mangog and Thor are other examples. It doesn't mean they are. It just means Hulk isn't either, in any objective way.  

Forget about him just needing to be stronger/increasing strength. Since its an extremely long way from any number to infinity. As well as Hulk not being the only character whose strength can fluctuate.  

Finally, beating a bunch of characters isn't an indicator of strength and likewise being the strongest. Just ask Dr Doom, remember the Ninja effect, and whether holding your own against Namor and Hercules and a bunch of others, at the same time, is actually beating them, as opposed to you know, actually beating them, and that one hundred and fifty billion tons may sound impressive, the most amazing aspect of Hulk doing that is how fast his base strength jumped and actually more impressive feat would be say overpowering a character like Gladiator a character whose flight enables him to demonstrate even more amazing strength feats, and that the trillions of tons that is the Midgard serpent makes billions look like uh... millions, and millions of the oh sorry, got caught up in the moment.   

Sorry G-Man, I got to disagree. Hulk's claim of being the strongest, is a a catchphrase that can to a degree actually backed up with actions, an idiosyncrasy that tells us more about hulk's childlike nature and ego, than what he squats or presses, similar to Wolverine being the best there is at, yadda yadda, but neither being accurate factual truths about either character. 

gethere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By gethere

I going to say thing why did you ask this knowing how bad it get when people normally add the hulk into anything.  From what I understand yes the hulk can be one the strongest, but unlike the real most powerful heroes he lack any control over his power so is thus much weak when compared plus he also a slow starter so the make even weaker.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#120  Edited By Nerx

only in the physical department and only against non cosmics in the MU

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121  Edited By Static Shock

I respect G-Man's opinion, although I don't actually agree with it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122  Edited By Static Shock
    @Dro said:

" Superman moving planets isn't a feat of strength, because it's not an example of physical exertion. He's using flight, not strength, to move the planet, because the only "force" he's fighting against is inertia. He's not technically "lifting" anything, so it doesn't count as strength. Heck, even I move the planet every time I jump in the air. "

You're joking, right? If you're jumping into the air, you're leaving the ground until gravity forces you back to the ground. You aren't moving it at all.
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By spidey 15
    @Silver2467 said:
    " Thor is stronger. Beta Ray Bill is stronger. Juggernaut is stronger. Thanos is stronger. Blue Marvel is stronger. Multiple DC heavyweights are stronger. Why? They have superior feats. Why else? Hulk consistently gets wrecked by Iron Man.      "
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#124  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

The Black Bolt Hulk fought was a Skrull. Hulk has never withstood a full powered Black Bolt. Nor has he taken a non-PIS Sentry.
    LoggerRythm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By LoggerRythm

Was there ever a Juggernaut vs Superman? 
    Last time I checked, ol'Juggy was imbued with a magical crystal and Superman has a serious allergy to magic, so that would be one interesting fight, yes? 
    Then again Juggy isn't using magic on him per say but is Magic strength stronger than Super strength?

BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By BattleMage
    @Vitality said:
    " No he's not.  WWH showed that Juggernaut is either stronger or at least at the same levels of strength as the hulk.  Also...you posted the screenshot of WWH beating on Herc...but that's taken out of context. Herc didn't fight back because he was showing WWH that they were there to help. "
    Hulk is PHYSICALLY the strongest character ever created!!
    BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By BattleMage
    @speedlgt said:
       SUPERMAN is stronger than hulk  
    PLEASE prove this?! Thank you
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By spidey 15
    @BattleMage said:
    " @Vitality said:
    " No he's not.  WWH showed that Juggernaut is either stronger or at least at the same levels of strength as the hulk.  Also...you posted the screenshot of WWH beating on Herc...but that's taken out of context. Herc didn't fight back because he was showing WWH that they were there to help. "
    Hulk is PHYSICALLY the strongest character ever created!! "
    Not even close. 
    =]
    BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By BattleMage
    @spidey 15 said:
    " @BattleMage said:
    " @Vitality said:
    Hulk is PHYSICALLY the strongest character ever created!! "
    Not even close. =] "
    The guy behind Hulk on that list right !!
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By spidey 15
    @BattleMage: WTF are you talking about? 

Oh and Superman is by far stronger. Let me know when Hulk will be able to move something that weighs as much as 1/3 of the planet. 
    =]
    BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By BattleMage
    @spidey 15 said:

" @BattleMage: WTF are you talking about?  Oh and Superman is by far stronger. Let me know when Hulk will be able to move something that weighs as much as 1/3 of the planet. =] "

Just off you're head, how much weight is that?  
    Oh, and the Hulk can, he just haven't been in that situation yet. And if ever is he'll do it without the help of a lantern! Take care
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By spidey 15
    @BattleMage said:
    " @spidey 15 said:

" @BattleMage: WTF are you talking about?  Oh and Superman is by far stronger. Let me know when Hulk will be able to move something that weighs as much as 1/3 of the planet. =] "

Just off you're head, how much weight is that?  Oh, and the Hulk can, he just haven't been in that situation yet. And if ever is he'll do it without the help of a lantern! Take care "
    Obviously much more than what Hulk has ever lift or pull..... 
    Oh, speculation. I love speculation. If you can prove it, it will be good. If you can not prove that Hulk can do the same, then he can not. 

Oh, and superman pulled 1/3 of the planet alone! The other 2/3 has been pulled by Wonder Woman and Manhunter. 
    =]
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @spidey 15 said:
    " @BattleMage said:
    " @spidey 15 said:

Just off you're head, how much weight is that?  Oh, and the Hulk can, he just haven't been in that situation yet. And if ever is he'll do it without the help of a lantern! Take care "
    Obviously much more than what Hulk has ever lift or pull..... Oh, speculation. I love speculation. If you can prove it, it will be good. If you can not prove that Hulk can do the same, then he can not.  Oh, and superman pulled 1/3 of the planet alone! The other 2/3 has been pulled by Wonder Woman and Manhunter. =] "

Thats quite an illogical argument you have there really, no offense, and you actually speculate on whether Hulk can or can't do something, but then call another on speculating? If you have an example where Hulk hasn't been able to pull XYZ amount or a lesser amount, then that is proof he can not, not the fact that he hasn't yet. You can come to logical conclusions about things, weights, by that would actually involve objective measures, rather than opinion, but even then, back to other example, a pro Hulk fan may then quite easily conclude or state Hulk may not have been sufficiently angry enough, given the example of the time.  

If I made a muffin and then crushed it in my hand, that is not proof, no one else in the world can crush a muffin made by me in, in their hand because of bizarre reasoning no one else has ever done it before, because I don't share muffins I make. 
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#134  Edited By Deadcool

Hulk is the Strongest Mortal...

No Caption Provided
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By spidey 15
    @SC: This is not speculation. If Hulk has never done it, then he can not do it unless he proved it. If Hulk has no feats close to that one, then it comes down to speculation of he can actually do it. It's not speculation to say that he can not do it, if he has never shown the ability to do it. If someone can prove that he can do it, then he can. Until then, he has not feats to suggest that. 

=]
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @spidey 15 said:
    " @SC: This is not speculation. If Hulk has never done it, then he can not do it unless he proved it. If Hulk has no feats close to that one, then it comes down to speculation of he can actually do it. It's not speculation to say that he can not do it, if he has never shown the ability to do it. If someone can prove that he can do it, then he can. Until then, he has not feats to suggest that.  =] "

If Hulk hasn't done something, there is no proof that he can, or can't. Nothing needs to be proven. That is the default. Hulk again, has never crushed one of my delicious home made muffins, are you seriously suggesting that because he hasn't, its proven he can't? Him not having examples, to demonstrate he can achieve something, is something wildly and grossly different from being proof that he can not. I am not sure you understand the actual definitions of the words you are using here. Oh uh, you don't need to smiley or anything lol, I don't doubt your being nice and polite (if you wish) ^-^
    spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By spidey 15
    @SC: In order to know if someone is capable of something, we are using their feats. This is what i'm trying to say. If Hulk has not the said feats to prove that he can't, then the character who has the superior feats, is obviously stronger until the other prove otherwise. Hulk has not prove that he is stronger than superman and superman has the superiority in feats. We can not say that Hulk can do the same or better, because he has never shown that he can. Your examples of muffins does not help here because of feats, he can do it. 

My smiley is my mark....lol 
    I always post it. 
    =]
    Wimjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Wimjet

Wasnt the Blackbolt that hulk beat down in WWH actually a skrull?? though i dont know, is the skrull just as powerfull as the real BB?
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @spidey 15 said:
    " @SC: In order to know if someone is capable of something, we are using their feats. This is what i'm trying to say. If Hulk has not the said feats to prove that he can't, then the character who has the superior feats, is obviously stronger until the other prove otherwise. Hulk has not prove that he is stronger than superman and superman has the superiority in feats. We can not say that Hulk can do the same or better, because he has never shown that he can. Your examples of muffins does not help here because of feats, he can do it.  My smiley is my mark....lol I always post it. =] "

In order to know if someone is capable of something, you use their feats. Knowing what someone is capable of, is again, vastly different, to proving what someone is capable of. There isn't something that just applies to Hulk, its logic. You can use preexisting evidence to help determine the likelihood of something being likely or likely, but thats something different to what you were doing granted by your express wording.  

The burden of proof is not on someone arguing for Hulk in this instance, unless, a person was arguing that Hulk, can, undoubtedly, lift such a weight, he may have never before. Then, the burden of proof would be on them to indeed prove this. Likewise, you are claiming Hulk can't lift something, what is your proof? Proof as in not your opinion or burden of proof argument. Your statement needs your proof especially if you are saying its proven. If you saying that he hasn't so far, then thats not actually proof. Proof would be showing me an example, where Hulk was unable to say lift an inferior rate and we knew he lacked the capacity to grow angrier or so on, and thus increase in strength.  

Hulk doesn't need to be proven superior to Superman because him not having proof of that, is not proof he isn't either.  

We can say that Hulk may do better, since we don't know. Hulk has no physical limit to his strength. Superman may not either. Hulk's strength may fluctuate faster. There are more questions here than answers.  

My example works perfectly here, according to your logic, since Superman has never lifted a muffin i have made, there that is proof that he can not. My muffin example points out the rather flaw in your logic regarding what is evidence or proof.  

Oh okay, cool. Its always nice to know smiley people. 
    Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Mumbles

Hulk Smash Thread!

roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By roadbuster
    @SC: You're getting overly picky over semantics.  If you don't gloss over the unspoken- nonetheless reasonable- caveat that people cannot generally perform greater feats until proven.  The muffin is trite because you're equivocating historical but lesser feat by taking his argument literally without applying the common-sense caveat.  Since the activity is one of scale / magnitude and not identity it's irrelevant whether Hulk could crush your specific muffin when he's routinely proven he can crush things with characteristics like it.  The burden of proof is completely reasonably placed on Hulk to demonstrate that he can perform a feat of that scale and magnitude when he has not ever done it before. 

But I'm sure you knew that and just wanted to be picky about word choice.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Mainline said:
    " @SC: You're getting overly picky over semantics.  If you don't gloss over the unspoken- nonetheless reasonable- caveat that people cannot generally perform greater feats until proven.  The muffin is trite because you're equivocating historical but lesser feat by taking his argument literally without applying the common-sense caveat.  Since the activity is one of scale / magnitude and not identity it's irrelevant whether Hulk could crush your specific muffin when he's routinely proven he can crush things with characteristics like it.  The burden of proof is completely reasonably placed on Hulk to demonstrate that he can perform a feat of that scale and magnitude when he has not ever done it before.  But I'm sure you knew that and just wanted to be picky about word choice. "

I don't think I am  at all. There is quite a large and consequential application of argument I took issue with. Plus the poster I quoted to discuss this with, felt it necessary to point out flaws in another posters argument, so demonstrate to me, how they weren't being picky? My point being, if they wish to pass a critical argument over another, I am sure they won't mind having the same thing happen to them. Its almost like an invitation.  

With Hulk, someone merely needs to give an example of a time, his strength reached a limit. A limit that can't further be expanded upon. If we can conclude that whatever that weight/limit is, then compare it to the limit proposed by the person I was discussing this with, as a third of the size of the earth, then we can start proving things. As it stands, while one can't prove that Hulk can lift a weight he never has before, its a very reasonable assumption to think, given his anger fluctuates in strength, and has been refereed to limitless on many occasion, that a lifting a weight thats a third of the weight of the earth, is not something unlikely. Forget the unlikely part though. The only way to prove he can't, is to demonstrate he can't, like earlier said. The muffin point works for what it is intended to. Demonstrate a flaw in the argument, it itself has flaws, its plainly ridiculous to for that very point. When is it proof someone can't do something, because they haven't done it yet? I have not turned 20 yet, so thats proof I won't? I could have chosen a mountain that weights 151 billion tons, Hulk has only lifted a mountain that ways 150 tons, since he hasn't lifted one that is 151 billion tons, its proof that if a mountain weighed that much was thrown at him, he would have died?  

The burden of proof is reasonably placed on Hulk, if there was a person claiming that the Hulk, will and can lift a certain feat of that scale and magnitude that he has not demonstrated. The argument I was taking issue with came about a request for how much was a weight Superman carried, pulled, what have you, as to objectively compare. No objective answer was given, rather what I find to be a pretty flawed reason why it doesn't matter, because Hulk could never lift that much anyway. Picky? No, fun, enjoyment and yes I do get what you are saying, phrasing an argument to me, really matters that much. People use proof to justify all sorts of horrible behavior in real life. In the open and fun, relaxed atmosphere of this such a conversation about super heroes, clarifying the use of such words still, is something I am big on. *shrugs*
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#143  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Wimjet said:
    " Wasnt the Blackbolt that hulk beat down in WWH actually a skrull?? though i dont know, is the skrull just as powerfull as the real BB? "
    Yes, he was a Skrull, no, he wasn't nearly as powerful.
    roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By roadbuster
    @SC said:
    "When is it proof someone can't do something, because they haven't done it yet? I have not turned 20 yet, so thats proof I won't?"
    Funny you should use that example, because in the eyes of traditional law, yes, it is proof that you won't... you need you hit the age of 20 to prove that you will reach the age of 20 otherwise your rights won't vest (Rules of Perpituity, generally supplanted by local legislation, nonetheless exhibiting where the burden traditionally lies).  I could spin this into a long winded explanation of why, but then I'd be doing the same nitpicky thing you're doing!  Incidentally, your "show a time of limitation" argument is a strawman because any shown will be immediately knocked down by a trite, "He wasn't angry enough then / the conditions weren't right!"   

@SC said:
    " The burden of proof is reasonably placed on Hulk, if there was a person claiming that the Hulk, will and can lift a certain feat of that scale and magnitude that he has not demonstrated."
    Which is probably all the poster actually cared about.  I appreciate that you recognize it.  If you find it fun, that's fine, but I think rephrasing people's intentions expeditiously causes less thread spam.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Mainline said:
    " @SC said:
    "When is it proof someone can't do something, because they haven't done it yet? I have not turned 20 yet, so thats proof I won't?"
    Funny you should use that example, because in the eyes of traditional law, yes, it is proof that you won't... you need you hit the age of 20 to prove that you will reach the age of 20 otherwise your rights won't vest (Rules of Perpituity, generally supplanted by local legislation, nonetheless exhibiting where the burden traditionally lies).  I could spin this into a long winded explanation of why, but then I'd be doing the same nitpicky thing you're doing!  Incidentally, your "show a time of limitation" argument is a strawman because any shown will be immediately knocked down by a trite, "He wasn't angry enough then / the conditions weren't right!"   

@SC said:
    " The burden of proof is reasonably placed on Hulk, if there was a person claiming that the Hulk, will and can lift a certain feat of that scale and magnitude that he has not demonstrated."
    Which is probably all the poster actually cared about.  I appreciate that you recognize it.  If you find it fun, that's fine, but I think rephrasing people's intentions expeditiously causes less thread spam. "

Sure, but I mean physically/chronologically. Which I am sure you realize. I could die before I turned 20, but my lack of being 20, isn't proof that I won't.  

Feel free to delve into your explanation if you wish, I won't project or presume any negative reasons to why you wish to. I can't myself, not be long winded, or perceived to be, lol, its just who I am.  

To me, the person I was arguing, by method of their argument seemed to imply there was no normal way of Hulk to accomplish such a feat of strength. So he either does not know, that normally Hulk's strength can fluctuate and his anger can boost his strength indefinitely relative to that anger and various other reasons. Or he does, but is of the opinion that Hulk would reach a limit though some means, maybe his anger? End result being Hulk can't as proved by the fact he hasn't. His argument is something different?  

My argument isn't that of what you speak of, which ironically would make your argument the strawman argument, since mine is merely, it hasn't been proven Hulk can get to that level of strength, and it hasn't been proven that he can't. What has been proven, is elsewhere, when Hulk has reached a limit, he has almost always gone on to exceed it. So we have proof that his strength can increase and any limit shown, can be pushed. Thats my argument. Not that he can lift the Universe if conditions were right.  

I do find it fun, I think if people want to reply to people about the topic, they should? Even better if they do so with intent to have fun and be good intentioned. I myself never think anyones opinion is spam. 
    roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By roadbuster
    Also really abnormally fond of repeating yourself, wow.  In that spirit:

@SC said: 

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#147  Edited By HexThis

Is Hulk the strongest? It's a possibility, I guess, but I was so offended by World War Hulk on the basis that him being able to plow through almost everyone in the MU is just not realistic at all, whatsoever. 

Brute force like his means next to nothing to me. Kitty Pryde could've simply flown a plane through his head, phased it, phase out of the plane, and unphased and he'd be dead and I'm sure there are hundreds of possibilities similar to that one. 

So he's the strongest? So what. He still has no control over his powers, he's not that bright when he's gone feral, and he makes his problems everyone else's. Forget all these comparisons, Hulk is just downright annoying.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Mainline said:
    " Also really abnormally fond of repeating yourself, wow.  In that spirit:

@SC said: 

"
    Genuinely just unaware sorry, when and if I repeat myself. I just traditionally hope people are polite enough to not get that bothered about if, if they chose to likewise, reply to me, and they appear to repeat themselves to me. I'll just you know, stick to the characters and comic discussion.  They might have their reasons for doing so. 

The quote you made of mine, of course applying to definitive proof, of course, educated guessing and reasoning can bypass any need for proof, in one is not trying to state something, is or isn't proven. 
    roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By roadbuster
    @SC said:
    "  The quote you made of mine, of course applying to definitive proof, of course, educated guessing and reasoning can bypass any need for proof, in one is not trying to state something, is or isn't proven.  "
    Being coy isn't concise.  So, despite the implication, you've not met the burden of educated guessing or reasoning to "bypass any need for proof" with your "show me a limit" strawman.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Mainline said:
    " @SC said:
    "  The quote you made of mine, of course applying to definitive proof, of course, educated guessing and reasoning can bypass any need for proof, in one is not trying to state something, is or isn't proven.  "
    Being coy isn't concise.  So, despite the implication, you've not met the burden of educated guessing or reasoning to "bypass any need for proof" with your "show me a limit" strawman. "

If one isn't trying to prove Hulk can do something, they don't need to provide proof. Do you understand what I am trying express now? Hence if one wishes to make a guess or estimation, that based on the fact Hulk can increase his strength to a level to accomplish a feat, I won't stop them. So threads such at this, where people can guess, their opinions recognized as opinions, no one needs to prove anything here. They may be evidence or proof from the source material that contradicts opinions, thats okay too, its up to that situation and people to decide where they want to go with that.  

Hmmn, I am wondering if you grossly misunderstand my point. Do you think I am saying its a fact that Hulk can lift any amount because it hasn't been proven he can't? 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.