Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Off My Mind: Is Hulk The Strongest There Is?

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Decept-O

I totally agree.  Let's clarify something else here.   

Hulk is the strongest human in the Marvel Universe.  Granted, his physical form is altered but he is still human!   

While there are other more powerful characters in the MU, who have other powers and abilities,  I say Hulk is the strongest human.  No alien, no cosmic entity, blah blah blah.   Human.    

"Nuff said.
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By karrob

Well said G-Man!

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Vitality
    @Decept-O:
    The Hulk is not human. A gamma radiated mutated human, yes....but a human, no.
    Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*facepalm* 
    Hulk is not the strongest one there is.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#55  Edited By The Impersonator

I guess Hulk is the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe.
    d0npierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By d0npierre

He                   ..........                         is.

MuscularThighs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MuscularThighs
    No Caption Provided
    riotman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By riotman

Hulk is the strongest from what I have seen so far.

5ive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By 5ive

I say Gladiator would put the beats to the Hulk. Whose ever seen Gladiator get beat up?

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By Theodore

Superman would wreck him.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By leokearon
    @5ive said:
    "I say Gladiator would put the beats to the Hulk. Whose ever seen Gladiator get beat up? "

If you're talking about the Imperial Guard member, Cannonball defeated him easily. 

Also I wonder how the Hulk would do against the Fury
    GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By GrimoireMyst

There is no doubt in my mind that the Hulk is the strongest. I love it when he yells his motto "HULK IS STRONGEST THERE IS!!" and it gives me goosebumps. lol All the references you brought up are spot on. We all got a peak at the Hulk potential power level at the end of World War Hulk where he could destroy the world by just walking. How many others could do that? None comes to mind.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#63  Edited By Outside_85

I wonder how excately Hulk managed to pull two tectonic together, what kind of super rock did he find down there to support the rest?

krisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By krisis

I think editorial has painted themselves into a corner with Hulk's strength, making him an uninteresting Superman when it comes to battles. If the assembled might of every member of the various X-Teams can't hurt him then what interesting action stories are there left to tell about the character?

llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65  Edited By llagrok

- Black Bolt from WWH#1 turned out to be a Skrull. As they showed us in Illuminati and was confirmed to be the one fighting Hulk in Secret Invasion: Inhumans.   

- Incredible Hulk #300, are you serious? Thor held Hulk still for hours, he physically restrained him for hours. Though a good story this is hardly a testament to how "zomgawesome" the Hulk is at smashin'. Strange sent him away because it was easier, not because they couldn't beat him. 

- What is the Silver Surfer without the power cosmic? A hella lot stronger than Bruce Banner. It's not as if the Hulk is anything without gamma..... 

@5ive said:

" I say Gladiator would put the beats to the Hulk. Whose ever seen Gladiator get beat up? "
    They fought once. Hulk punched Gladiator into a convenient radioactive plant which happened to contain the type of radioactivity that Gladiator is weak to. Even though it's rare and doesn't exist on earth, etc. 
    WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By WW-Fan

Superman is stronger im sure
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Jordanstine

It's

BATMAN

Batman is the strongest there is.  He even beat The Hulk

How can The Hulk be the strongest, when he can't even crush a puny human like Batman

Truth is... 

Batman really is God going trick or treating in a Halloween costume, and The Hulk is just a can of beans from the makers of the Jolly Green Giant.
    mickoreo_LZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mickoreo_LZ
    @G-Man said:
    " @Vitality: Hulk did beat Hercules, Iron Man, Namor and Wonder Man at the same time in 1986. 

"

Ha! I always suspected a few of the Avengers of being bi-coastal. My suspicions have been confirmed
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#69  Edited By The_Martian

Another impressive feat that I think got missed is his recent battle with his son, Skaar. Skaar accessed the full power of his "Oldstrong" ability which gave him the kinetic force of one-hundred trillion tons, and Hulk takes the hit head on. He then goes on to defeat his son and remain in complete control of himself.

Woodclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By Woodclaw

I think that what matters in any strength contest about the Hulk is the upper limit, more or less any powerhoue has a maximum limit were his strength fails because his body/powersource can't take any more strain.

To make a comparison Superman can boost himself by jumping directly into the Sun a overcharging himself for a little while, but the charge won't last or - if excessive - might even kill him after a major power surge. Thor can accomplish a similar result with the Belt of Strength, which usually left him half-death after.

Hulk - at least in his green and dumb incarnation,  other Hulks (especially Fixit and the Green Scar) have a more stable level of strength - doesn't have such a limit, he get stronger when he get angrier, it's that simple. In theory Hulk might get infinitly strong, but to do so he must be infinitly angrier too.

The Juggernaut thing is a bit of a problem - like many contest of power between such high level character. On paper Juggy Force field should be able to resist any force in the universe and deflect any attack, at the same time Hulk should be able to punch through any defense - 
    if Hulk is the irresistible force, Juggy is the immovable object. Their power sources are completly opposite so any real comparison is difficult at best.

So my answer is that Hulk can be the strongest there is, as long as he continues to pump rage.

PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By PumpkinBomb
    @krisis:  
    Unlike Superman, Hulk is emotionally unstable, morally gray and doesn't always have superpowers. There's plenty of storytelling opportunity based on his alter ego alone.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By DEGRAAF

I was really hoping Skaar would be stronger, with the powers of his mother and father, he should have no problem taking on the Hulk if they both have the same amount of rage in them. 

I love Skaar and Hulk. I like Hiro-Kala's ability use as well but unfortunitally it doesnt look like he will be around much longer. I hope it comes down to a one on one between Hiro and Skaar. Ever since Skaar fought his father, he has been a whiney little woose. he needs to hulk up and dominate his brother in a fight, taking all of his powers from him (old power, cosmic, the combination of both, and the microverse power)
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#73  Edited By turoksonofstone

No Caption Provided

LMAO! G-Man is awesome!
    5ive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By 5ive
    @leokearon: that was just bad writing. canonball standing on 2 feet couldnt punch his way out of a wet paper bag
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@G-Man said:
    " This truly was Hulk Smashing at it's finest. "
    Well, Thank you!
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By goldenkey

I still believe it has to do with anger. 

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#77  Edited By Billy Batson
    @Superguy1591: true
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @goldenkey said:
    "I still believe it has to do with anger.  "

actually, according to Hiro-Kala (Hulk's second son). Although Hulks strength rises with his anger, it is really all in his head. Hiro-Kala has figured out how to use the hulks abilities without hulking out and has taken on Galactus.
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i believe hulk is one of the most overly powered character in comics. i mean i get he's strong and gets stronger the  madder he gets..ok, but come on in World war hulk he beat the ENTIRE avengers, the whole fantastic four, thor ( A GOD!!) and Sentry, who is like a god, as well as black bolt, all in the one storyline!  i mean he's just TOO Strong, it seems like everytime he fights someone he just beats them with brute strength. it can work some of the time but not ALL of the time, he SHOULDNT be able to beat gods, or someone like dr.strange, the most powerful sorceror in the world, he even beat professor x!! a man who could make him think he's  a 12 year old girl..im sorry marvel but you need to tone down the hulk's powers some, cause right now its just ridiculous 

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Danial79 said:
    "

"

i loved this story but the thing i didnt understand is one of the things Hulks been suseptable to was fire & heat. Sure he doesnt have the weakness that Red Hulk does but he has had his skin burned off before, but in a ocean of lava at the core of a world it doesnt injure him at all? That was one of the special things about Skaar, he was born in the lava pits of Sakaar so he has no weakness to fire or heat.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By Gambit1024

The answer to "Is Hulk the strongest there is?" won't be answered until he's actually reached his limit. The madder he gets, the stronger he gets. Once he's gotten angry to the point where he can't get any madder, that's when we'll know the true extent of his strength.  

So right now, I'm saying no, but once they do a story where he reaches his limit, then I'll give a straight answer. 

Avatar image for artimus_walkstrange
    ARTIMUS WALKSTRANGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as humans go, he is the strongest.  A force of nature acctually. 

To be "the strongest there is", he would have to destroy people like The Beyonder, Molecule Man, one of the Abstracts, or a Celestial.

theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By theiconic
    @Jordanstine: best comment ever
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#84  Edited By turoksonofstone
    @llagrok said:

" - Black Bolt from WWH#1 turned out to be a Skrull. As they showed us in Illuminati and was confirmed to be the one fighting Hulk in Secret Invasion: Inhumans.   

- Incredible Hulk #300, are you serious? Thor held Hulk still for hours, he physically restrained him for hours. Though a good story this is hardly a testament to how "zomgawesome" the Hulk is at smashin'. Strange sent him away because it was easier, not because they couldn't beat him. 

- What is the Silver Surfer without the power cosmic? A hella lot stronger than Bruce Banner. It's not as if the Hulk is anything without gamma..... 

@5ive said:

" I say Gladiator would put the beats to the Hulk. Whose ever seen Gladiator get beat up? "

They fought once. Hulk punched Gladiator into a convenient radioactive plant which happened to contain the type of radioactivity that Gladiator is weak to. Even though it's rare and doesn't exist on earth, etc.  "
     " - Black Bolt from WWH#1 turned out to be a Skrull. As they showed us in Illuminati and was confirmed to be the one fighting Hulk in Secret Invasion: Inhumans.  
     fair enough.

This is nonsense. What issue #300 did you read?

Much Smarter than Norrin.
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#85  Edited By SevanGrim

yeah Hulk is strongest there is. At least on a mortal scale. Hell, Rulk isnt stronger than him and he Punched the Watcher, so i reckon on a semi-goddly level too. 
     Hulks unique "Heal forever, perpetually stronger" set up means he really only looses when the plot demands it. But hulk is strongest there is.

Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Vox
    @DMC said:
    "Hey what about the Sentry at the end of World War Hulks? It seemed like a pretty even match if I remember correctly and they were going all out. "

yes but sentry fell first and gave hulk / banner a clear win
    Alfiebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Alfiebo

Hulk is the strongest but he can easily be beaten in a fight by multiple people.Meaning 'Hulk strongest there is!' but hulk could still get beaten up by the likes of silver surfer Incredible Hulk #250  (hidden somewhere in my house) 

No Caption Provided
    the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#88  Edited By the_fallen11

Oh Hulk, you so angry all the time.
    Norusdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Norusdog

these types of debates are fun...but still..they're also irrelevant (sp?)

Hulk is as strong as plot...end of debate..lol

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#90  Edited By DanialCarroll
    @Noray Not entirely sure of the issue #, but it's from the Planet Hulk arc.
    cadaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By cadaver

Juggernaut was supposed to be stronger than average Hulk, but as Hulk get angry he can wipe the floor with him. Hulk used to be the strongest human character. I doubt he is the strongest being in the marvel universe though.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Hulk vs Doomsday :P
    Doomsday wins.

not2baad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By not2baad

I'm sick of the whole Hulk vs Superman or any Superman related character. I am going with the Hulk because a lot of the Superman Fan are f..king annoying.

notageek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By notageek
    jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By jayskee
    @williamrlbaker said:
    "Hulk vs Doomsday :P Doomsday wins. "

wrong
    whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By whacknasty

So are we just using well known versions like WWH or Mindless?  I would like to see what Devil Hulk can do (and I've heard he may be making an appearance soon?)... 

Hopefully this version can really push what we consider the upper limits of Hulks shown feats, possibly into DC like levels...though it will be hard to do if he can't fly I suppose...lol

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By They Killed Cap!

I really dont think hulk is the strongest...there have been many close calls in marvel...and in DC he is not the strongest.
    Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
    slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No hes not hes just has strong as anyone else with that can easily lift 100 plus tons  
    Ghost rider gave Hulk hellfire to the face and would have beat him 
    Juggernaut is stronger then Hulk  
    its just Hulk has better long running feats 
    while Juggs has his big momments that dorf Hulks long running 
    Thor = Hulk in strengeth 
    Odinforce is just to much 
    Sentry= Hulk in strengeth but Hulky still pulled a win
    Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
    slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

also Juggs is stronger then Hulk  
    Regular Juggernaut stalemated WWH in the straight fight 
    Worldbreaker is Stronger then Juggs 
    but Trion and 8th Day are over kill
    FierceYouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#100  Edited By FierceYouth
    @G-Man: I tend to think that comparing Hulk to Silver Surfer without the Power Cosmic is a tad unfair, wouldn't you? Silver Surfer without Power Cosmic is like Hulk without Gamma Radiation... which makes for a decidedly less-interesting battle. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.